Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki (71775 Views)

Children's International School In Pictures / Chochmah International School's Teachers' Quaters, Owned By Salvation Ministry / N3m As Tuition Fees At Children International School, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by abouzaid: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

I'm not talking about their families, I am using these examples to show that these schools some people are hating on have more success rates than they think.
Most of the few surviving indigenous second generation business are now being managed by a generation of people who got this expensive international education. What value did their parents see in sending their children to those schools? Did they get value for their investment? Yes of course!!!
It's this kind of education service CIS has brought home, CIS is owned by Nigerians!!
my dear,those people are what they are because of their family backgrounds, the school that have produced the highest number of professors, governors, ministers, high level politicians etc in the entire south east and south south (the old eastern region) is ckc onitsha and it's a Catholic school.

2 Likes

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by abouzaid: 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

I beg to disagree. I mentioned the one I know and you added your own to it. We are both putting the facts out there as a form of advocacy so that these bastardization of our education system should stop.
The North isn't particularly favorable to western education but they are honest enough not to be churning out cheats who eventually cheat their way through universities and become another statistics of failed graduate. That's the difference between the South east scenario and the north you mentioned.
for you to say that northern schools don't produce horribly half baked graduates is the height of hypocrisy, i rest my case.

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
naptu2:

The term public schools actually refers to fee paying private schools.
Thank you for educating him. They generally have a poor understanding of the system yet they want to speak authoritatively on it. CIS is paying cut throat rates to the prestigious exam board like edexcel and international professional bodies like CORBIS etc and they think school fees will be cheap. These are some hidden value these expatriates and wealthy Nigerians may have seen
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by siokpe: 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
DeKen:
Quality education can be expensive but these figures are shocking. shocked
People who have their kids here could have advice to help Nigeria out of recession.

I hope graduation from here guarantees a 6 figures monthly pay.

Tech guys should check my signature for something you can do to earn income in this recession.
Details here: https://www.nairaland.com/953571/nursery-primary-secondary-school-management

Just a class and nothing more
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by wayodude(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
Educating who exactly may I ask?
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
abouzaid:
my dear,those people are what they are because of their family backgrounds, the school that have produced the highest number of professors, governors, ministers, high level politicians etc in the entire south east and south south (the old eastern region) is ckc onitsha and it's a Catholic school.
CKC is still a local school and if despite it's cocktail of professors et al, the southeast nay Nigeria is still where we are, I am sorry, the school has failed. Perhaps they started this culture of emphasis on quantity instead of quality.
Nigeria, South east deserves more and better from CKC
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by bitingcool: 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

See your ignorance everywhere on your post because you are not humble enough to learn. You don't know and you are forming that you know makes you a danger to everyone around you. There are top schools in the category of those two schools and are even more expensive than those two schools. I am sure you don't know that is why you called those two schools Cambridge and Oxford.Stop contradicting yourself by saying that they are free and are the same. You're calling the school a scam because you're not rich enough to send your children there or your parents are not blessed enough financially to send you there.
Quit hating.British education is not like Nigeria education, they have more exams boards and the standard requirements and cost of registration and accreditation for each board varies, the expensive and premium boards ones are mostly patronized by the top independent schools, I am sure that at that fee CIS is charging, they will be on those premium elite exam board. It's then like bringing the top independent schools in the UK to Nigeria which caters to the need of expatriates, rich and wealthy Nigerians mostly resident in that part of the country. That is why CIS is not in your village or outskirt suburbs where people like you live

Just shut up
Your attitude stinks already

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Nihilist: 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

You don't know jack about these things you are writing about so I advice you to be humble enough to learn. You don't know CIS, you don't have a child there, you are now running them down because you can't afford their school fees.
Find out about the school, the expatriates and wealthy Nigerians who send their children to CIS are not as dumb as you think.
You are making the same mistake you did with wrong categorization of UK schools.
O ga o!!

I am using their Oftsed reports. I hope you know who Oftsed are and what they do.
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
abouzaid:
for you to say that northern schools don't produce horribly half baked graduates is the height of hypocrisy, i rest my case.
Apparently you didn't get my explanation. I applauded you and reminded you that since the north doesn't have as much graduates and people going to school like the southeast, the problem of half baked graduates is less in the north. Whether north or south, we should speak against the killing our education system
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by salvation77177: 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2016
This explains why our treasury is bankrupt.
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by 2sexynet: 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2016
sukkot:
dumbasses paying all that money just to learn ABCs. Money miss roads
funniest thing is that one 1 kid will come first, second and third. We will still have those who come 44th in those classes lol.

2 Likes

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
bitingcool:

Just shut up
Your attitude stinks already
Calm down and learn.

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by wayodude(m): 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

Thank you for educating him. They generally have a poor understanding of the system yet they want to speak authoritatively on it. CIS is paying cut throat rates to the prestigious exam board like edexcel and international professional bodies like CORBIS etc and they think school fees will be cheap. These are some hidden value these expatriates and wealthy Nigerians may have seen

Educating who exactly?
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
Nihilist:

I am using their Oftsed reports. I hope you know who Oftsed are and what they do.
How does it change the fact that most of the top UK schools are independent Schools and the fact that these top schools are not free like you want some people to believe

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2016
wayodude:

Educating who exactly?
Everyone hating on CIS because of its fees

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

You are not coordinated in your thoughts so I will limit myself to educating you. I am a Nigerian patriot and the idea is that we have a lot to do to help our kids get the best of education.
In their age of global village, a child learning in one village in Zamfara should be able to cope with his academic agemate in Tokyo, Hamburg or Canterbury.
It's a wake up call for the authorities to do more. It's a shame when we read the amount of results cancelled as a result of cheating and when our university graduates fumble in meeting their responsibility to their society.
The notoriety of the south east miracle centres is legendary.It is the responsibility of the authorities to stop these business men from ruining the future of our kids and nation.
Nobody will write exams for you in schools like CIS!!

cheesygrin grin gringringrin just lezianu cheesy

1)Any and ALL education curriculum takes note of ENVIRONMENTAL DISCREPANCIES and INDIVIDUALISM...Nigeria curriculum can NEVER be same with British curriculum because of differences in culture, tradition and environment...so stop muddling up issues bro...

2)I just marshalled out for you facts about events in education sector in Southwest Nigeria... because your warped brain and timidity made you believe that Chike must be cheating since he's being performing far better Tunde cheesygrin Why not mention distinctive events in Southeast that justifies and gives credence to your miracle centres hallucination?

kindly stay off my mentions if you lack facts but wanna do tribal arguments...
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by to9ine: 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

You just went there to waste the time of people who attended to you and gave you the attention and respect you don't deserve.
CIS is in the class of AIS (American International School) and you no that every shoe get size, why go there when you know you and your fake nephew can't afford their school fees?
You better go and find job and stop this wakawaka.
I pray that someday most of you will be rich enough to send your kids to top elite premium school and know what benefits that they probably provide.
While growing up, anytime I passed by Saint Saviors school I wish my parents could send me there but I wasn't hating on the school.
Meanwhile stick to your level or go to government schools that are free

It's sad that after ur right up, you think you are smart??!!
Comparitvely the fees are expensive.. Simple and short! Well I don't expect u to understand

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by to9ine: 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

You just went there to waste the time of people who attended to you and gave you the attention and respect you don't deserve.
CIS is in the class of AIS (American International School) and you no that every shoe get size, why go there when you know you and your fake nephew can't afford their school fees?
You better go and find job and stop this wakawaka.
I pray that someday most of you will be rich enough to send your kids to top elite premium school and know what benefits that they probably provide.
While growing up, anytime I passed by Saint Saviors school I wish my parents could send me there but I wasn't hating on the school.
Meanwhile stick to your level or go to government schools that are free

FYI my primary school pays a million per annum..
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Nihilist: 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

How does it change the fact that most of the top UK schools are independent Schools and the fact that these top schools are not free like you want some people to believe

Most of the top schools in the UK are NOT independent.

Infact, if you go by A-Level results last year, the 7 of the top 10 schools in the UK are State run schools which are FREE.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2016/03/14/top-100-secondary-schools-by-a-level-results-2015/

Infact, the top performing school here last year is FREE.

So if quality of education was truly the goal, then parents would not send their children to exorbitant schools like CIS.

That is a fact.

BTW, like I said to you before, I judged the school by it's Ofsted ranking.

There are 4 levels - Outstanding, Good, Satisfactory and Unaccaptable.

One of the schools I mentioned is ranked 'Outstanding' and it's free.

84% of Schools in the UK today are either ranked Good or Oustanding, and the large majority of these are FREE.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/record-number-of-pupils-in-good-or-outstanding-schools

CIS is only ranked 'Good'. How does it justify 6million naira per year in School fees if Teaching Quality is what the parents are after? grin

2 Likes

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by tinsel: 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

Those exceptionally bright kids are not different from our professors littering everywhere. All content but little or nothing to show for it. This is the result of having watery education. Who validates it? WAEC!!!
Mine is that, Nigerian kids who are privileged to acquire the advantage inherent in the sophisticated British curriculum should remember to put it in the development of Nigeria like Davido is doing.
Seriously, we have a very long way to go ,especially in STEM education, and should be grateful that schools like CIS that can give Nigerians an idea of what they are missing. The next generation deserves more than what the politicians are giving to their education
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
to9ine:

It's sad that after ur right up, you think you are smart??!!
Comparitvely the fees are expensive.. Simple and short! Well I don't expect u to understand
Since you don't recognize what you have done wrong, I will tell you.
You are wrong and impatient. If I am in your shoes, I will find out what exactly makes that school the highest instead of getting angry. I don't have a child in CIS or AIS but I don't think parents sending their wards there are fools.

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by NL1960: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
2sexynet:
funniest thing is that one 1 kid will come first, second and third. We will still have those who come 44th in those classes lol.

Are you aware that in every sphere of life, there can never be first, first, first etc?. The fact that somebody comes 44th does not mean that the person failed. The difference in marks between the first, second, third and 44th person might not be up to 5 marks. When i was in secondary school, we used to think this way in my class until one day, we decided to tabulate our scores ourselves and discover to my amazement that the the first person beat the second by a 'point something'. This pattern continued for other positions. Today, those we thought were not brilliant because they were in the 11-20th positions are top Medical Doctors and Engineers in the world today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by wayodude(m): 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

Everyone hating on CIS because of its fees

Drawing from the comments so far, it is easy to see that the vast majority who of course are aware of the benefits of quality education, believe that such fees as shown in the CIS quote are ridiculously exorbitant for what really is on offer.

Let us not drag UK public schools into this because CIS is no where near that level no matter what statistic is employed in attempting to make a comparison. The majority of Nigeria's 'new money' elite were certainly either poorly educated or completely deprived of formal education let alone one of high quality. This is evident in the running of the cesspit that Nigeria has become today and hence why they (the new money elite) are the gullible target market schools like these have been launched to satisfy. Finish.

4 Likes

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by wayodude(m): 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
helovesme:

Huh!!

What are you saying?

Eton and Harrow are private schools.

There will always be top rated public schools/academys/grammar schools but you cannot fault the quality education from the likes of Eton.

Harrow and Eton are Public Schools. Thank you.
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Originalsly: 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hmmm...pre nursery fees!...with this kind fees I rather build and start my own school!

2 Likes

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Ibro2005: 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
What are they learning there pls?
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by 2sexynet: 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
NL1960:

Are you aware that in every sphere of life, there can never be first, first, first etc?. The fact that somebody comes 44th does not mean that the person failed. The difference in marks between the first, second, third and 44th person might not be up to 5 marks. When i was in secondary school, we used to think this way in my class until one day, we decided to tabulate our scores ourselves and discover to my amazement that the the first person beat the second by a 'point something'. This pattern continued for other positions. Today, those we thought were not brilliant because they were in the 11-20th positions are top Medical Doctors and Engineers in the world today.
Agreed. The only benefit of such schools is that the kids act smarter, think faster that their peers from poorer schools.
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by engrjacuzzi: 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
apart from excursion and air-conditioning installed in their classroom, what difference is this school to other unity schools? the best brains never went to expensive schools as such.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Feanah(f): 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
Tbh, most of these people will send their kids to this school just because other people of the elite group like them have kids there.This kind of schools are mostly all about competition.Though I'm sure their curriculum wouldn't necessarily be like the typical Nigerian schools' own, but there are also other very very good schools in Lagos who can compete with them (especially those with a British curriculum)?and won't be more than a million naira or so per year,that I'm very sure of.It would have been better if the kids will really focus on their education.But I'm sure they'll care more about competing among themselves than their education,very few will live up to their parents expectations,except if they've a special method of making sure their students study well.
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by 19naia(m): 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2016
They are going to have to show me that all their students graduate with ability to pass the entrance exam to Harvard, Yale and the likes, before i pay those kind of school fees even if i had billions. Harvard and Yale fees per year make these fees look small anyway.
You will get better value for you money if you send them to the best public schools and then pay a private home tutor to work with them at a level to enter into the best university you can afford. Maybe they are paying more for ammenities in this Lekki school but i doubt it compares well to the common free public schools available in well developed countries.
Nigeria is overpriced, paying more for less than than what is cheaper and better in USA. Nigerians are blind to the dupe that they do to their own country and that is why the cycle of economc crash and instability will remain, even after Buhari is gone. Nigerians have to make quality and good value for themsleves, but they rather make money while making no decent service or product to show for it and then export that money to bring in Imports. And thats also why the Nigerian money will perpetually lose value to the currencies of countries Nigerians always import from.
I won't be duped by this school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by EMIOMOADEOYE: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2016
Nihilist:

LMAO

I just got the mental picture of a parent hiding in the car park after School closes, trying to famz the rich parents of his son's classmates.

I really hope you don't pay expensive schoolfees just to do that. grin

Lolz

Now that is one hilarious picture.

That is the only reason why anyone would pay that fee.

If they wanted only solid education there are thousands of solid schools around where they can get that without paying up to a quarter of the premium fees they pay in this schools.

If what they wanted was solid education with outstanding facilities only, they still could get that without paying all of that fee.

The only reason they pay such high fees is for exclusivity. Why do you think people go to the golf courses without ever knowing how to hold a club let alone swing one.

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Prechy08(m): 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2016
Am sure the federal government will give them job immediately after Primary sch

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Institution With The Highest Yahoo Boys / Snakes Take Over Auchi Polytechnic, Student Runs Out Unclad From Bathroom / Meet The 15 Finest Girls In UNILAG.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.