Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car (34219 Views)

8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus / The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by spartoo: 7:26am On Sep 22, 2016
1. Owning a car makes you feel like you’re finally a real person . You can just go to places whenever you feel like it . You don’t need to ask anyone, or wait for a bus, or jump okada or walk. You can just drive there. In your own car.

2. You have a long list of new contacts in your phone. for example, Wale mechanic, Tunji panelbeater, Seun rewire

3. Cars are expensive . The gas, you were ready for. The payments, you budgeted for. But when you own a car, one day it will start doing something funny—and not funny ha-ha—and you’ll realize that it’s your problem, because it’s your car. When the mechanic calls to tell you what’s wrong and what it will cost to fix, you’ll realize that you’ve now entered a stage of life where large sums of money will suddenly and without warning be required to simply maintain your current standard of living.

4. You'll always want to go out even when there is no where to go to.

5. For the first few weeks or months or years, you will always drive with perpetual fear of LASTMA and Police even if your papers are okay. You know how they used to do - always finding invisible faults. sad

6. Your guys will always suggest somewhere to go just because there is a car. It will now comman be as if you are their driver.. angry

7. You become a flirt or gigolo. Always dropping and picking different females. Different shapes and sizes and heights and colours.

8. You will start feeling bigger than you really are. You will begin to underrate some people because they use Legediz Benz.

Lalasticlala Add your own

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by malikombi(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2016
You can always enjoy your car absolutely far more better if you buy it "NEW"(tear rubber) regardless of the manufacturer or model.
An average user of such vehicle might not visit any auto mechanic in ten years.
God bless Nigeria

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by oyatmicah(m): 7:59am On Sep 22, 2016
pls i wanna buy a car today bt i have just #20 right nw, oya start contributing.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Whizpeter(m): 8:00am On Sep 22, 2016
When I bought my first car, I parked it at the police station because of the fear of thieves!!

The next day, I saw it at the checkpoint!

The Idi0ts told me they were helping me warm the car like tho I sent them message!!

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by spartoo: 8:13am On Sep 22, 2016
oyatmicah:
pls i wanna buy a car today bt i have just #20 right nw, oya start contributing.

u fit see car buy for #20 oo..

plastic or paper car

14 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by yak(m): 9:19am On Sep 22, 2016
Whizpeter:
When I bought my first car, I parked it at the police station because of the fear of thieves!!

The next day, I saw it at the checkpoint!

The Idi0ts told me they were helping me warm the car like tho I sent them message!!

u wan kill person wit laughter?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2016
lols.
*Every morning you wake and see your car just where you packed it, you say a silent prayer. Thank God it wasn't stolen before day break. grin

6. Your guys will always suggest somewhere to go just because there is a car. It will now comman be as if you are their driver..
This one dey pain o. In serious traffic, they'll just be gisting and you'll be doing all the work. Only for them to look up and still say you're not sharp, people just dey shadow you anyhow.
I'm like...oya comman come down angry

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by spartoo: 10:23am On Sep 22, 2016
PaperLace:
lols.
*Every morning you wake and see your car just where you packed it, you say a silent prayer. Thank God it wasn't stolen before day break. grin

This one dey pain o. In serious traffic, they'll just be gisting and you'll be doing all the work. Only for them to look up and still say you're not sharp, people just dey shadow you anyhow.
I'm like...oya comman come down angry

on top my own fuel oo

24 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 22, 2016
and the friends that will come to borrow your car and then go and bash it

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by colossus2: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2016
Whizpeter:

Lwkm cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by spartoo: 11:28am On Sep 22, 2016
HitlerIsBack:
and the friends that will come to borrow your car and then go and bash it

Very annoying oo. you won't even know what to say to them

10 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by veekid(m): 11:42am On Sep 22, 2016
True sha

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Etizz: 11:43am On Sep 22, 2016
non happened to me...

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Zaikon(m): 11:44am On Sep 22, 2016
no. 2 is just funny

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by saintfaculty(m): 11:45am On Sep 22, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by spartoo: 11:45am On Sep 22, 2016
Etizz:
non happened to me...
then I doubt you are 100% Nigerian
grin

5 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 22, 2016
spartoo:
1. Owning a car makes you feel like you’re finally a real person . You can just go to places whenever you feel like it . You don’t need to ask anyone, or wait for a bus, or jump okada or walk. You can just drive there. In your own car.

2. You have a long list of new contacts in your phone. for example, Wale mechanic, Tunji panelbeater, Seun rewire

3. Cars are expensive . The gas, you were ready for. The payments, you budgeted for. But when you own a car, one day it will start doing something funny—and not funny ha-ha—and you’ll realize that it’s your problem, because it’s your car. When the mechanic calls to tell you what’s wrong and what it will cost to fix, you’ll realize that you’ve now entered a stage of life where large sums of money will suddenly and without warning be required to simply maintain your current standard of living.

5. For the first few weeks or months or years, you will always drive with perpetual fear of LASTMA and Police even if your papers are okay. You know how they used to do - always finding invisible faults. sad

6. Your guys will always suggest somewhere to go just because there is a car. It will now comman be as if you are their driver.. angry

7. You become a flirt or gigolo. Always dropping and picking different females. Different shapes and sizes and heights and colours.

8. You will start feeling bigger than you really are. You will begin to underrate some people because they use Legediz Benz.

end time first car

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by redcap: 11:47am On Sep 22, 2016
You come out by 12 midnight to check it out,smile and go back to bed. grin

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by handysuzy(f): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2016
grin Reminds me when my brother bought his first car, he became a male prostitue...Broda mi Segun, e karey

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 22, 2016
Theres nothing liberating as owning your first car especially if its the right car. grin

12 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Hades2016(m): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2016
oyatmicah:
no worry you go see my alert very soon grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by adebrave1(m): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2016
Seun rewire that got me laughing...... grin grin grin

I hope is not the Seun I'm thinking? grin grin grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by omoikea(m): 11:49am On Sep 22, 2016
God bless me with the car of my dreams so that i can drive it with the woman of my dreams you are sending me soon grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by kinibigdeal(m): 11:49am On Sep 22, 2016
Why seun rewire So no other rewire name's you can pick on NL

spartoo:

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 22, 2016
I just booked this space for no reason undecided

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Purpletee(f): 11:50am On Sep 22, 2016
that gigolo part op three gbosa for you...

GBOSA!!! GBOSA!!! GBOSA!!!

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by miqos02(m): 11:51am On Sep 22, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by dollarprincess(f): 11:51am On Sep 22, 2016
I just dey observe

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Etizz: 11:52am On Sep 22, 2016
spartoo:

then I doubt you are 100% Nigerian
grin

OK I be Togolese......

happy now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Peace Mass Transit Establishes Car Assembly Plant In Emene Enugu / Cows Drag Road With Motorist In Abuja (photos) / FG Partners With Innoson To Build Nigeria's First Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.