Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car (34211 Views)

8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus / The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by jamace(m): 11:52am On Sep 22, 2016
9. You will install security (even though the ride is very old) which alarm will be disturbing the whole neighbourhood per minute per minute. Very annoying! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Princelegacylemoha(m): 11:52am On Sep 22, 2016
So true

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by siegfried99(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2016
grin
Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by miqos02(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2016
you will get one at OLX
oyatmicah:
pls i wanna buy a car today bt i have just #20 right nw, oya start contributing.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by princemillla(m): 11:54am On Sep 22, 2016
grin
Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by kinibigdeal(m): 11:54am On Sep 22, 2016
No. 7 is so true, i remember giving Aminat508 a nice trip with my first bicycle while Funkyjms pass by with footwagen

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by mekonglobal(m): 11:54am On Sep 22, 2016
I kn of a neighbour who parked his at home for 6months because he doesnt know hw to drive and he is also afraid to learn because he doesnt want to die by accident..

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by holythug(m): 11:55am On Sep 22, 2016
And you want people to believe you....with the EDGE on your phone angry angry undecided
wapguru24330:

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Tunababa8v(m): 11:56am On Sep 22, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Why seun rewire So no other rewire name's you can pick on NL

Kini big deal? grin
kinibigdeal:
Why seun rewire So no other rewire name's you can pick on NL

Kini big deal?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by freshvine(f): 11:58am On Sep 22, 2016
malikombi:
You can always enjoy your car absolutely far more better if you buy it "NEW"(tear rubber) regardless of the manufacturer or model.
An average user of such vehicle might not visit any auto mechanic in ten years.
God bless Nigeria

You'll change plugs, break lining, break shoes, wiper will wear and tear, oil drain and change, hydraulic top up, tire change, radiator flush, battery replacement, fuel pump failure due to low octane rating and other miscellaneous expenses you'll face solving in a garage.

The moment a car hit the road whether new or tokunbo, you are definitely seeing a mechanic

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by driveiwe(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2016
hahaha that feeling. ..lols
Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by 3ples(m): 12:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
Go play nairabet to multiply the money!
oyatmicah:
pls i wanna buy a car today bt i have just #20 right nw, oya start contributing.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Whizpeter(m): 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
yak:

u wan kill person wit laughter?
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Vince77(m): 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2016
redcap:
You come out by 12 midnight to check it out,smile and go back to bed. grin

Im sure everyone did this especially the first night.

6 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by enioluwaselore: 12:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
you'll also need to learn car routes as you can't just cross the express and jump bikes as usual.

you'll also learn painfully that those streets you used to trek using shortcuts, coming out from the back of another house and showing up at your destination is not as near as they used to be when driving your car, you would have to drive till you can get a proper place to make a u-turn and you might even be stuck in traffic on the way to make the u turn and you'd be stuck in your car in traffic after 30 mins wondering "wasn't this car supposed to make me get where I'm going faster?"

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by TerrorSquad147: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2016
spartoo:
1. Owning a car makes you feel like you’re finally a real person . You can just go to places whenever you feel like it . You don’t need to ask anyone, or wait for a bus, or jump okada or walk. You can just drive there. In your own car.

2. You have a long list of new contacts in your phone. for example, Wale mechanic, Tunji panelbeater, Seun rewire

3. Cars are expensive . The gas, you were ready for. The payments, you budgeted for. But when you own a car, one day it will start doing something funny—and not funny ha-ha—and you’ll realize that it’s your problem, because it’s your car. When the mechanic calls to tell you what’s wrong and what it will cost to fix, you’ll realize that you’ve now entered a stage of life where large sums of money will suddenly and without warning be required to simply maintain your current standard of living.

4. You'll always want to go out even when there is no where to go to.

5. For the first few weeks or months or years, you will always drive with perpetual fear of LASTMA and Police even if your papers are okay. You know how they used to do - always finding invisible faults. sad

6. Your guys will always suggest somewhere to go just because there is a car. It will now comman be as if you are their driver.. angry

7. You become a flirt or gigolo. Always dropping and picking different females. Different shapes and sizes and heights and colours.

8. You will start feeling bigger than you really are. You will begin to underrate some people because they use Legediz Benz.

Lalasticlala Add your own
belgium 2010 Toyota corolla, 2000 Nissan pathfinder, for sale. Contact 09073378436

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by idu1(m): 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
Whizpeter:
When I bought my first car, I parked it at the police station because of the fear of thieves!!

The next day, I saw it at the checkpoint!

The Idi0ts told me they were helping me warm the car like tho I sent them message!!
grin
Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by factorial1(m): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
adebrave1:
Seun rewire that got me laughing...... grin grin grin

I hope is not the Seun I'm thinking? grin grin grin grin
Lalaticlala Engine oil grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by xtervaganza(m): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
Whizpeter:
When I bought my first car, I parked it at the police station because of the fear of thieves!!

The Idi0ts told me they were helping me warm the car like tho I sent them message!!
are you joking?

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by phranq(m): 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
Whizpeter:

but bro...honestly... dey did u a big fav. plz go bk n say a big tnk u to dem....try n b nice a little

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by engrkaz(m): 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2016
7 worry me small when i bought ma first car.....when lalasticlala dey pry 4

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by deolu2000(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
Seriously owning your first car can be really funny, i overheared someone pricing a car for 300k ydy and he was asking questions liks, is the AC working, how about the engine, and hope the gear is fine? And i thought within myslf, biko you that want to buy a Honda Hala for that price, you don't know you are buying a scrap of trouble so why all these questions na?

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by docmoses(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
What is the meaning of this?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by firfinch101(m): 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
C
HitlerIsBack:
and the friends that will come to borrow your car and then go and bash it
it's not their own, so they don't know how you feel...

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by FunkyMetahuman: 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
This actually is not peculiar to Nigeria only cheesy

People get really excited after owing the first car.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Whizpeter(m): 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2016
xtervaganza:
are you joking?
I wish I was!!! angry

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by staymore: 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2016
malikombi:
You can always enjoy your car absolutely far more better if you buy it "NEW"(tear rubber) regardless of the manufacturer or model.
An average user of such vehicle might not visit any auto mechanic in ten years.
God bless Nigeria

True talk. Tear rubber rocks no matter the model. But ten years of not visiting mechanic should be reduced to at least 5yrs.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by Ask4Info: 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
Whizpeter:

Guy, i swear na thunder go fire you. I laugh sotey food wey i dey chop fly commot through my nose.

Dem send you to come kill me?

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by joeyztime(m): 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
Whizpeter:

And just how did they drive it to their checkpoint without your keys. I know you are lying but continue :-)

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by sexymamatee(f): 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
I so much need a car.
is not easy jumping into d bus or keke with kids wen going to school.

really need dis badly , not as a luxury.
but 4 comfort and necessity for d kids.

so that this mentality of mom it is raining we can't go out will erase from their memory.

baba God pls have mercy .
oh Lord you r my father in heaven pls pick my call concerning this

6 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by sekem: 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
NIGERIAN MENTALITY at its best. embarassed
Re: 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car by muller101(m): 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2016
Good for people like us who can detect and fix our own automobiles. Buy the parts and fix it ur self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IVM Cruise Unveiled In Enugu By Governor Ugwuanyi / FG Partners With Innoson To Build Nigeria's First Aircraft / Cows Drag Road With Motorist In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.