Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally (34016 Views)

Nigerian-canadian Citizen Illegally Detained By Border Patrol For 8 Months / I Saw This Condom Dispenser In A Bank In Kenya (Photo) / Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ArabMopol(m): 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
ahamonyeka:
really ?then this country called united states of nigeria is a poo.
Nairobi here I come, make I go chop free food joor grin
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by greatwhite(m): 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2016
Riddler32:

Do me a favour, buy a ticket to kenya. When you arrive get your visa at the entry with $50 and see the difference between the two Nations.
Kenya is a wonderful place, pretty good weather, consumable oxygen, beautiful citizen willing to assist for free and a peaceful place.
Nevertheless, the babes are in a whole world of their own, taking ownership, getting involved and picking up the bills. Not hard to please the Kenyan ladies.
To this end, most Nigerian won't want to come back.

Send me an invite. I want to consume your oxygen grin
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2016
41lady:

That sweet u r saying, U have nack the ladies there very well be that... beware of 7 +1, it is stocked in kenya like river niger.

Don't limit your definition of sweet to promiscuity.

There are so much that makes life sweet.....you never have to bother about putting on a generator nor queue for fuel. You have access to cheap food, you can walk into a Forex shop with just your ID and buy any foreign currency of your choice. Both domestic and international flights are way cheaper in Kenya than back home. Get opportunity to mix with so many people from different parts of the world over a cup of coffee thus opening doors for one. One can decides to go chill out in one beach resorts in the coastal region and white sands and blueish Indian ocean or go camp out in one of the National parks and feel nature!

That is my definition of sweet! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by banmee(m): 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
psalmskiddy:
i am still wondering why my niggas kept quite

AM PROUD OF #NIGERIA

You are proud of unbelievable corruption, mass poverty, filth, decay, mismanagement, murder/jungle justice, etc. I don't know if you are aware of this but these are not things to be proud of.

5 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by MadCow1: 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
LadyX:

Are you sure the country mentioned is not upto to your feet?
Are you aware of the following facts about Kenya?
1. Education

-There is free primary education in Kenya
- Also in Nigeria (Check the UBE)

LadyX:
-Secondary education fee is subsidised i.e the government pays part of the fee.
Free in Nigeria in most states.

LadyX:
- University students are given loans by the government to pay fees+ accommodation,etc. The loans are repaid when graduates start working. So whether you come from a poor or rich family you can get educated easily...the only difference is that some rich people take their kids to private schools, which are expensive
- NANS will kill somebody if the government dares it.. Thats why the University Education in Nigeria is rubbish especially in UNIBEN.. But Imo State University is Free.

LadyX:
2. Health
-There is free maternal health care i.e women deliver free of charge in public hospitals
- Same in Nigeria.
LadyX:
-Children under 5 are treated free of charge in govt hospitals .
- Same in Nigeria.
LadyX:
-Accident victims can be treated in any hospital before they pay even a kobo. So this prevents unnecessary deaths....can you say the same about .. ? It's against the law to turn away a patient in an emergency situation.
These Laws also apply in Nigeria.. But the fear of the Nigerian Police is why Hospitals will not touch an accident victim without a police report.

LadyX:
3. Ever heard of 24/7 electricity supply?
Electricity is cheap. People don't use generators. Think of the money spent by Nigerians in buying generators, fuels, etc. What could people be doing with such money? Developing themselves. Think of the noise and smoke from generators...think of the lives lost to generator fumes. Kenyans don't experience these.
- How many them dey for Kenya? angry Anyways, thats not an excuse.. Nigeria's electricity situation is due to little to sero investment in Power by the FG for over 25 years.. But its being worked on..

LadyX:
Come to think of it.. if Kenya is as bad as some Nigerian bloggers and Nairalanders want to make you believe, what were the 17 Nigerians doing there? Why didn't they leave when their visas expired? Why couldn't they renew their visas? The area that they were living in is not even a middle class suburb in Nairobi. It's just an ordinary place .... meaning they weren't able to live in places where expatriates and who is who in Nairobi live.

Even If Nigeria becomes a war ravaged country tomorrow, Kenya can never still be a better Nation than Nigeria in ANYTHING!!.. We no be Mate. We fine pass them.. And the fact that Nigerians were in the country with expired Visas does not mean Kenya is better than Nigeria because I can bet you that there are Kenyans in Nigeria hussling without proper documentation.. We just don't notice them because Nigeria does not give a fhuck about African immigrants living in Nigeria the way the rest of Africa obsesses with Nigerian immigrants in their country.

The last time Nigeria obessed about African immigrants in Nigeria was when we evicted the Ghanaians from our country in the early 80's and thats because they brought their useless jollof rice to Nigeria that almost killed off the nation.

LadyX:
There are so many positive facts I can write about Kenya, but lemme stop here

To all the people with negative opinions about Kenya, Google is your friend

Kenya is just a wildlife reserve of Africa where people with long forehead live in harmony with Zebras and Monkeys.. When Americans say Africans live in villages amongst animals, they are talking about Kenya.. grin

The only Good thing to come out of Kenya is Obama and he wasnt even born there.. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
tumababa:

how much is $1 in ksh on the street. i don't want google rate?

Buying rate-102ksh in forex shops, 104-105ksh in banks.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by solace89(m): 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
Keyans sef dey talk....no be una fault na.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by miketayo(m): 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
ahamonyeka:
United states of nigeria is the only country where goats,chickens and dogs can enter freely and do anyhow.imagine Kenya but why is nigerians all over the country even country that are not up to our feet?anywhere you see a nigerian arrested it must be for crime.

I hate wen u guys say this.. have u been to kenya before? have u even left Nigeria ? You think Nigeria is all dat huh?? tour round Africa and see ur mindset change

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by hoodmenconcept(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
ijebuloaded:
NAIRALANDERS >>PLEASE WE NEED YOU HERE OOOO
[color=#006600][/color]

What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow?

https://www.nairaland.com/3366855/what-save-nigeria-elected-president#49610865

I will privatize every sectors (PPP)
I have my reasons

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
solace89:
Keyans sef dey talk....no be una fault na.

So they should allow them to continue their fraudulent activities and Kenya lose their status as a country where many foreigners outsource their online jobs to. Paypal allows Kenyans to receive payment into their paypal account which l also do but could not sell it to Kenyan exchangers because am a Nigerian because they suspect the fund is not clean and there is a history of Nigerian yahoo boys in Kenya manipulating the system.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by biggy26: 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
LadyX:

I have no reason to lie.
Truth is there are so many opportunities for Kenyans and good things are happening there. For example, there is a youth fund, and a women fund...there is a laid down structure governing the two. Women and the youth access low interest loans easily. They do business or invest in whatever they want and then return the loan. This has helped a lot of people.

Most of the stories you read about Kenya are not even in the mainstream Kenyan media. It's just bloggers or individuals who are hell bent in generating traffic that look for such stories.
Life in Kenya is good.

U actually correct. Do u live there?

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by fuckpro: 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
mengho:
proudly Nigerian.
Even if I become richer dan Billgate I will not go London or America.
I will be industries in my village
I will build my mansion in my state.
in short I will build my home first b4 any other place

Nigeria is my home & it always will be
[b][/b]YOU MUST BE FROM THE NORTH
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Emeka71(m): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
ThunderingHooves:

You are right about the irresponsible "bloggers " posting "news" about Kenya /Kenyans. Do you live in Kenya?
I have a babe in Kenya She is good, hot and independent; I have observed Kenya is a wonderful place; Light is available and cheap; internet and telephone is cheap the babes are nice and sweet and don't demand money from boys; Kenya is a good country; a little better than this Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by yinkslinks(m): 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
Dollar is cheap and its everywhere in kenya. airport is so superb. nigeria is just learing where kenya is.
LadyX:

I have no reason to lie.
Truth is there are so many opportunities for Kenyans and good things are happening there. For example, there is a youth fund, and a women fund...there is a laid down structure governing the two. Women and the youth access low interest loans easily. They do business or invest in whatever they want and then return the loan. This has helped a lot of people.

Most of the stories you read about Kenya are not even in the mainstream Kenyan media. It's just bloggers or individuals who are hell bent in generating traffic that look for such stories.
Life in Kenya is good.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Noble11(m): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
LadyX:

Are you sure the country mentioned is not upto to your feet?
Are you aware of the following facts about Kenya?
1. Education

-There is free primary education in Kenya
-Secondary education fee is subsidised i.e the government pays part of the fee
- University students are given loans by the government to pay fees+ accommodation,etc. The loans are repaid when graduates start working.
So whether you come from a poor or rich family you can get educated easily...the only difference is that some rich people take their kids to private schools, which are expensive

2. Health
-There is free maternal health care i.e women deliver free of charge in public hospitals
-Children under 5 are treated free of charge in govt hospitals
-Accident victims can be treated in any hospital before they pay even a kobo. So this prevents unnecessary deaths....can you say the same about .. ? It's against the law to turn away a patient in an emergency situation

3. Ever heard of 24/7 electricity supply?
Electricity is cheap. People don't use generators. Think of the money spent by Nigerians in buying generators, fuels, etc. What could people be doing with such money? Developing themselves. Think of the noise and smoke from generators...think of the lives lost to generator fumes. Kenyans don't experience these

Come to think of it.. if Kenya is as bad as some Nigerian bloggers and Nairalanders want to make you believe, what were the 17 Nigerians doing there? Why didn't they leave when their visas expired? Why couldn't they renew their visas? The area that they were living in is not even a middle class suburb in Nairobi. It's just an ordinary place .... meaning they weren't able to live in places where expatriates and who is who in Nairobi live

There are so many positive facts I can write about Kenya, but lemme stop here

To all the people with negative opinions about Kenya, Google is your friend
FACT!! and even more can be added..
Am in Kenya and I can confirm everything you Said to be truth
Mololongo of all places? What are they doing there?
Ajegunle is victory island compare to mololongo..

3 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
Very soon u will soon see nigerians living illegally in Somalia,afghanistan,syria,,east timor and chad.Disturbing the peace of these countries upandan.other countries don tire for our wahala abegi.

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Hbuyosh(m): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by musakasim28(m): 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
4 those of who believe Kenya is better than Nigeria what are you watin 4?
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pavore9:

Buying rate-102ksh in forex shops, 104-105ksh in banks.

so its cheaper outside d banks. hmm
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Hbuyosh(m): 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by kingPhidel(m): 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
den fold our hands, not there fault sha. na buhari's administration cause am. cos on a normal day na Kenya ppl suppose enter nija illegal. you see wetin cause am ba

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by jazzybass222(m): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
lol, just like me bros, i dont wanna come back ooo... Kenya sweet like anything, best weather so far...and lots of stable ammenites...beautiful babes and its very lucrative place to be...but one serious thing about kenya is just to be very careful with HIV. Its just like south africa
Riddler32:

Do me a favour, buy a ticket to kenya. When you arrive get your visa at the entry with $50 and see the difference between the two Nations.
Kenya is a wonderful place, pretty good weather, consumable oxygen, beautiful citizen willing to assist for free and a peaceful place.
Nevertheless, the babes are in a whole world of their own, taking ownership, getting involved and picking up the bills. Not hard to please the Kenyan ladies.
To this end, most Nigerian won't want to come back.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ThunderingHooves: 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
LadyX:

Yes
Thank you very much LadyX. Try and help us get out a balanced picture of Kenya out there. cheers

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
tumababa:

That is the irony! cheesy

We buy from forex shops then deposit into our Dom accounts then transfer.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ThunderingHooves: 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hbuyosh:
sema kitu mdosi, usikimye.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
tumababa:

That is the irony! cheesy

We buy from forex shops then deposit into our Dom accounts then transfer.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Hbuyosh(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
MadCow1:
- Also in Nigeria (Check the UBE)

Free in Nigeria in most states.

- NANS will kill somebody if the government dares it.. Thats why the University Education in Nigeria is rubbish especially in UNIBEN.. But Imo State University is Free.

- Same in Nigeria.
- Same in Nigeria.
These Laws also apply in Nigeria.. But the fear of the Nigerian Police is why Hospitals will not touch an accident victim without a police report.

- How many them dey for Kenya? angry Anyways, thats not an excuse.. Nigeria's electricity situation is due to little to sero investment in Power by the FG for over 25 years.. But its being worked on..

Even If Nigeria becomes a war ravaged country tomorrow, Kenya can never still be a better Nation than Nigeria in ANYTHING!!.. We no be Mate. We fine pass them.. And the fact that Nigerians were in the country with expired Visas does not mean Kenya is better than Nigeria because I can bet you that there are Kenyans in Nigeria hussling without proper documentation.. We just don't notice them because Nigeria does not give a fhuck about African immigrants living in Nigeria the way the rest of Africa obsesses with Nigerian immigrants in their country.

The last time Nigeria obessed about African immigrants in Nigeria was when we evicted the Ghanaians from our country in the early 80's and thats because they brought their useless jollof rice to Nigeria that almost killed off the nation.

Kenya is just a wildlife reserve of Africa where people with long forehead live in harmony with Zebras and Monkeys.. When Americans say Africans live in villages amongst animals, they are talking about Kenya.. grin

The only Good thing to come out of Kenya is Obama and he wasnt even born there.. grin

Nobody is saying that Kenya is 100% perfect, and that it is in every aspect better than Nigeria. Kenya too has its challenges as a country, it still a developing country after all.
Nigeria is better than Kenya in some areas whilst Kenya is advanced in others. These insults u are showering on the country and its pipo are unnecessary.

We can use the survey evidence to prove the areas in which these two countries fair better than the each other, they are aplenty online.

6 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Hbuyosh(m): 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
ThunderingHooves:

sema kitu mdosi, usikimye.
Ah, niaje? Kuna wathi flani wanabore tu yani.

Kuna sumthing nilikuwa nikitry hapa kidogo tu, sio kukimya. Hawa jamaa hawawezi nitisha!

4 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ThunderingHooves: 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pavore9:

So they should allow them to continue their fraudulent activities and Kenya lose their status as a country where many foreigners outsource their online jobs to. Paypal allows Kenyans to receive payment into their paypal account which l also do but could not sell it to Kenyan exchangers because am a Nigerian because they suspect the fund is not clean and there is a history of Nigerian yahoo boys in Kenya manipulating the system.

It appears the arrested group thought they would simply just appear and blend in seamlessly. They didn't contend with their very noticeable accents, lifestyle, loudness, and all other "other worldliness" they were very busy displaying. The same way a ordinary kenyan would be bamboozled by a simple greeting like "how de body" in Nigeria, is the same way they might have been nabbed here when asked "niaje", where both salutations refer to your health or well being as a greeting. And am told walking styles are different too!!!
Am not if the law, so let the law enforcers do their thing, and release them if innocent. It is sad when energetic young men scour the globe and think the law doesn't exist everywhere. Their energy, youth and prospects are wasted.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
ThunderingHooves:

It appears the arrested group thought they would simply just appear and blend in seamlessly. They didn't contend with their very noticeable accents, lifestyle, loudness, and all other "other worldliness" they were very busy displaying. The same way a ordinary kenyan would be bamboozled by a simple greeting like "how de body" in Nigeria, is the same way they might have been nabbed here when asked "niaje", where both salutations refer to your health or well being as a greeting. And am told walking styles are different too!!!
Am not if the law, so let the law enforcers do their thing, and release them if innocent. It is sad when energetic young men scour the globe and think the law doesn't exist everywhere. Their energy, youth and prospects are wasted.

As long they were found with laptops and going by previous similar incidents they have 1% chance of being innocent. They will be deported but will still find their way back! cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Groomsman Dies In Accident Involving Newly Married Couple In Lagos / Minna-Bound Train Derailed In Jebba, 2 Die, I'm Among The Survivors / Fatal Accident Along Elele Road, Rivers State, Many Killed (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.