Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,270 members, 7,807,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally (34015 Views)

Nigerian-canadian Citizen Illegally Detained By Border Patrol For 8 Months / I Saw This Condom Dispenser In A Bank In Kenya (Photo) / Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Hbuyosh(m): 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
Clairvoyant:
pls when are we going to start clamping down on illegal immigrants as well...
...just Negodi Kenya arresting Nigerians.. hmmm
Kenya isnt opposed to Nigerians living in Kenya, provided that they live here in accordance with the law. There are literally thousands of nigerians living in Kenya. They work, run businesses and study. Why would anybody bother them if they are here legally?
If u Nigerians do not have legal controls regulating migration, keeping surveillance on the sort of pipo entering your country and their activities there, then it is your own damn problem.
Here in Kenya we have laws.

9 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ThunderingHooves: 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pavore9:

As long they were found with laptops and going by previous similar incidents they have 1% chance of being innocent. They will be deported but will still find their way back! cheesy cheesy
They are wasting their potential. And with the war on terror being ever more serious by the day, their chances of re entry becomes ever slimmer. Oga @Pavore9 it just occurred to me, these young fellows could be useful in agricultural IT instead of trying to go far from home to do IT fraud as i suspect they were doing . They can build themselves and build Nigeria with their skills.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by LadyX(f): 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
amdoyin82:
ignorancy is bad, never knew Kenya has all these facilities. I used to think its under- developed, low population, poor economy and primitive kind of country.
Kenya is very developed with good infrastructure and world class hotels. That's why so many world conferences take place in Nairobi.

It has very many highly educated people too.

5 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Hbuyosh(m): 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
AntiWailer:

Apart from 24 /7 light, Kenya is as useless as Nigeria.

Bad roads and poverty is glaring.
We are fixing our bad roads, currently we have some of the best roads in ssahara Africa
Transport Infrastrtucture in Kenya-Photos

And Nigeria has a higher povert rate than Kenya, 70% vs 40%!
CIA World Factbook

Their Alshabab benches Boko HARAM.
Get real man! Then it means that the Kenyan security apparatus are pretty effective, cos the Al shabaab, despite benching the BH, they havent meted as much destruction and suffering in Kenya as the latter in Nigeria!
BH have killed nearly 11000 in Nigeria since 2009 when they began their insurrection in the North whilst the Al Shabaab in Kenya have killed less than 800 since 2010 when they begun their attacks against Kenya.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by LadyX(f): 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
lereinter:

what you wrote can only be true if kenya was a european country
Ask Nigerians that live in Kenya whether that is true or not. Better still, visit Kenya and see for yourself.
www.helb.co.ke can quickly show you what I said about university education

The thing is when people have been brainwashed to believe wrong things about others, it becomes hard to change that mindset. In addition, many people think that all Africans live in poverty and suffer

3 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
ThunderingHooves:

They are wasting their potential. And with the war on terror being ever more serious by the day, their chances of re entry becomes ever slimmer. Oga @Pavore9 it just occurred to me, these young fellows could be useful in agricultural IT instead of trying to go far from home to do IT fraud as i suspect they were doing . They can build themselves and build Nigeria with their skills.

I have grown tired from advising them so l don't bother myself anymore! angry

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by MtuMsuper: 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
My first post hits FP. Nice

3 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by MtuMsuper: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
MadCow1:
- Also in Nigeria (Check the UBE)

Free in Nigeria in most states.

- NANS will kill somebody if the government dares it.. Thats why the University Education in Nigeria is rubbish especially in UNIBEN.. But Imo State University is Free.

- Same in Nigeria.
- Same in Nigeria.
These Laws also apply in Nigeria.. But the fear of the Nigerian Police is why Hospitals will not touch an accident victim without a police report.

- How many them dey for Kenya? angry Anyways, thats not an excuse.. Nigeria's electricity situation is due to little to sero investment in Power by the FG for over 25 years.. But its being worked on..

Even If Nigeria becomes a war ravaged country tomorrow, Kenya can never still be a better Nation than Nigeria in ANYTHING!!.. We no be Mate. We fine pass them.. And the fact that Nigerians were in the country with expired Visas does not mean Kenya is better than Nigeria because I can bet you that there are Kenyans in Nigeria hussling without proper documentation.. We just don't notice them because Nigeria does not give a fhuck about African immigrants living in Nigeria the way the rest of Africa obsesses with Nigerian immigrants in their country.

The last time Nigeria obessed about African immigrants in Nigeria was when we evicted the Ghanaians from our country in the early 80's and thats because they brought their useless jollof rice to Nigeria that almost killed off the nation.

Kenya is just a wildlife reserve of Africa where people with long forehead live in harmony with Zebras and Monkeys.. When Americans say Africans live in villages amongst animals, they are talking about Kenya.. grin

The only Good thing to come out of Kenya is Obama and he wasnt even born there.. grin
ignoramus. your name is very very appropriate.

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by greatermax77(m): 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2016
Goodmorning bros, if you no know before
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by jazzybass222(m): 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
lol...na so brother... mololongo out of all places!!!! Am just praying that the raid should die down as soon as possible. to be frank, kenya is a cool place to be.... Especially, their internet..come to kenya and forget about losing the scare of losing megabyte.
Noble11:

FACT!! and even more can be added..
Am in Kenya and I can confirm everything you Said to be truth
Mololongo of all places? What are they doing there?
Ajegunle is victory island compare to mololongo..

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by AntiWailer: 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hbuyosh:

We are fixing our bad roads, currently we have some of the best roads in ssahara Africa
Transport Infrastrtucture in Kenya-Photos

And Nigeria has a higher povert rate than Kenya, 70% vs 40%!
CIA World Factbook

Get real man! Then it means that the Kenyan security apparatus are pretty effective, cos the Al shabaab, despite benching the BH, they havent meted as much destruction and suffering in Kenya as the latter in Nigeria!
BH have killed nearly 11000 in Nigeria since 2009 when they began their insurrection in the North whilst the Al Shabaab in Kenya have killed less than 800 since 2010 when they begun their attacks against Kenya.

You admitted you have bad roads and poverty walks on the street. Just that according to you it is 40% poverty compared to Nigeria's 70% right ?

On Alshabab YES your security apparatus are VERY VERY EFFECTIVE but trust me when i say Boko Haram is a learner where Alshabab is.

Boko Haram attacks soft target. I visited the mall Al Shabab entered and massacred Kenyans recently. That is daring and make no mistake, Alshabab in Nigeria will ground Nigeria.

I have never had peace of mind on a flight like i do when travelling out of Kenya because you airports are WELL SECURED.

The perimeter security at Kenyatta International airport is pretty amazing.

I am not here discussing which country is better but i am here to say.

Nigeria and Kenya have a VEEEEEEEERY long way to go and nothing in Kenya to make a serious minded person leave Nigeria to go and settle down in Kenya cos of greener pasture. Nothing !!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by jazzybass222(m): 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
I SUPPORT!!!
MtuMsuper:

ignoramus. your name is very very appropriate.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Hbuyosh(m): 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
amdoyin82:
ignorancy is bad, never knew Kenya has all these facilities. I used to think its under- developed, low population, poor economy and primitive kind of country.

Primitive? Dont u guys read.....about other countries in Africa?
No wonder this Nigerian actor made this ridiculous confession!

[size=15pt]Nollywood actor says he is ready to promote Kenya[/size]

He was surprised when he arrived in Kenya and realised that the country has much more to offer than just the Maasai culture and great athletes.

Mike says the predominant perception held by the international community is that Kenya is a land inhabited by members of the Maasai community and medal-winning runners – and that when he got to have a real feel of what Kenya has to offer, he was “saddened” by the fallacious stereotype.

The actor, who was in the country for a three-day location and talent scouting exercise, spoke to Citizen Television’s Lillian Muli on Friday when he made his revelation.

“I am so elated being here (Kenya), but at the same time when I came, I was sad. Sad because Kenya hasn’t been shown as what Kenya truly is to the world,” the gifted actor explained.

In the same breath, he challenged the government to promote a more holistic picture of the country.

“And this is a challenge to the Ministry of Information, Ministry of Culture and Tourism; you are losing a lot with regards to Gross Domestic Product (GDP). If you go outside and think of Kenya; what comes to the minds of people is the Maasai people or the athletes – that’s it. But Kenya is way beyond that, you people have a lot of infrastructure,” Mike said.

The actor was so taken by the overall experience he had that he expressed a willingness to portray the “complete picture” of Kenya: “If I had the opportunity I would showcase to the world what Kenya truly is.”

During his visit to Kenya over the weekend, Mike, who was accompanied by film director Charles Uwagbai, met a number of Kenyan actresses and actors.

He also made a courtesy call to Governor Evans Kidero’s office and visited a possible movie location in Namanga, Kajiado County.

This was Mike Ezuruonye’s second trip to Kenya, with his first tour of the country being five years ago.

https://tuko.co.ke/115096-surprised-nigerian-actor-mike-ezuruonye-arrived-kenya.html

3 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Hbuyosh(m): 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
AntiWailer:

You admitted you have bad roads and poverty walks on the street. Just that according to you it is 40% poverty compared to Nigeria's 70% right ?

On Alshabab YES your security apparatus are VERY VERY EFFECTIVE but trust me when i say Boko Haram is a learner where Alshabab is.

Boko Haram attacks soft target. I visited the mall Al Shabab entered and massacred Kenyans recently. That is daring and make no mistake, Alshabab in Nigeria will ground Nigeria.

I have never had peace of mind on a flight like i do when travelling out of Kenya because you airports are WELL SECURED.

The perimeter security at Kenyatta International airport is pretty amazing.

I am not here discussing which country is better but i am here to say.

Nigeria and Kenya have a VEEEEEEEERY long way to go and nothing in Kenya to make a serious minded person leave Nigeria to go and settle down in Kenya cos of greener pasture. Nothing !!
Well, but they are coming to Kenya in droves, many have established successful businesses here. Never heard of Kenyans moving to Nigeria for greener pasture though.

http://www.theafricareport.com/East-Horn-Africa/day-in-a-life-from-nigeria-to-kenya-to-make-some-dough.html

3 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by AntiWailer: 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hbuyosh:
Well, but they are coming to Kenya in droves, many have established successful businesses here. Never heard of Kenyans moving to Nigeria for greener pasture though.

http://www.theafricareport.com/East-Horn-Africa/day-in-a-life-from-nigeria-to-kenya-to-make-some-dough.html

Tell me what they came to do ?

That is why i added SERIOUS.

I have nothing against your country. I have friends there and I am very cool with them but the truth is i see the same signs of Nigeria and her problem also in Kenya. May because the same British Colonized the 2 countries.

On the pictures of those roads,, for every road. There is an existing road that good in Nigeria just that we still have BADDDDD roads.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Hbuyosh(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thank u seun, thank u lalasticlala, thank u mynd44 for allowing me to rankle these Nigerians here today, unlike the other time. Goodnight!

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Khameal007(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
j1mmy:
they are ibos, who goes around the world in large numbers disgracing Nigeria.
They are street drug dealers, 419 and fake goods merchants - DEPORT THEM back to biafra

uhn... what's that polite expression again? yeah I remember.. THUNDER fire you! come to Anambra and say this nonsense... I'll put you in a situation slightly below death. Anuofia! diat!
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Hbuyosh(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
AntiWailer:

Tell me what they came to do ?

That is why i added SERIOUS.

I have nothing against your country. I have friends there and I am very cool with them but the truth is i see the same signs of Nigeria and her problem also in Kenya. May because the same British Colonized the 2 countries.

On the pictures of those roads,, for every road. There is an existing road that good in Nigeria just that we still have BADDDDD roads.
They work, study, do (mostly legal) business.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Kenyanstar: 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
I am sorry to break your heart guys. Kenya is BIG in every way. Be it big brother, big economy, big investment, big money, big infrastructure and even big yansh wink lol. Anyway truth be told Nigeria is trailing in every aspect of social, economic and political class except, well, giving birth. The big uncontrolled birth rate aside, Nigeria hasnt moved beyond her borders to establish any big economical invesment outside Nigeria. Compare this to Kenya's superior international offshore investments. Among this investments are:-

-Telecommunication sector (safaricom mobile),

-Financial sector ( Kenya commercial bank in south sudan, Uganda, rwanda etc)

-Supermarket franchises ( Nakumatt hypermarket, Uchumi hypermarket in all east african countries)

-Transport business( simba coach, Mash Auto, Easy coach, Intercontinental Bus company) operating in all east,central and southern African countries.

-Air transport (Kenya airways which is international, Fly 540 which is regional, Easy jet)etc.

This is just a few of the many organizations that the Kenyans have managed to put their interests in.
Lets just say KENYA also plays a big Sister role to nigerias future cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by vicben27(m): 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
LadyX:

Are you sure the country mentioned is not upto to your feet?
Are you aware of the following facts about Kenya?
1. Education

-There is free primary education in Kenya
-Secondary education fee is subsidised i.e the government pays part of the fee
- University students are given loans by the government to pay fees+ accommodation,etc. The loans are repaid when graduates start working.
So whether you come from a poor or rich family you can get educated easily...the only difference is that some rich people take their kids to private schools, which are expensive

2. Health
-There is free maternal health care i.e women deliver free of charge in public hospitals
-Children under 5 are treated free of charge in govt hospitals
-Accident victims can be treated in any hospital before they pay even a kobo. So this prevents unnecessary deaths....can you say the same about .. ? It's against the law to turn away a patient in an emergency situation

3. Ever heard of 24/7 electricity supply?
Electricity is cheap. People don't use generators. Think of the money spent by Nigerians in buying generators, fuels, etc. What could people be doing with such money? Developing themselves. Think of the noise and smoke from generators...think of the lives lost to generator fumes. Kenyans don't experience these

Come to think of it.. if Kenya is as bad as some Nigerian bloggers and Nairalanders want to make you believe, what were the 17 Nigerians doing there? Why didn't they leave when their visas expired? Why couldn't they renew their visas? The area that they were living in is not even a middle class suburb in Nairobi. It's just an ordinary place .... meaning they weren't able to live in places where expatriates and who is who in Nairobi live

There are so many positive facts I can write about Kenya, but lemme stop here

To all the people with negative opinions about Kenya, Google is your friend
even kitty-kat is free

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by LadyX(f): 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
vicben27:
even kitty-kat is free
Not surprised with this comment.

This is the mindset that drug traffickers, 419 scammers/yahooyahoo come with..they only think of making quick money and spending it on women

3 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by elaustino(m): 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
for that scrab country na dem still dey arrest people
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Flawlessangel(m): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
j1mmy:
they are ibos, who goes around the world in large numbers disgracing Nigeria.
They are street drug dealers, 419 and fake goods merchants - DEPORT THEM back to biafra

only an idiot says crap like this
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Noble11(m): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
[quote author=jazzybass222 post=49615831]lol...na so brother... mololongo out of all places!!!! Am just praying that the raid should die down as soon as possible. to be frank, kenya is a cool place to be.... Especially, their internet..come to kenya and forget about losing the scare of losing megabyte.[/quote
True bro
This Airtel unliminate is the best time that has happened to me since lex lutor.
Only in Kenya will an army officer hit your car then come out to apologise and ask for the way forward..Nigerian police will beat you join,arrest you too on top of it

4 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by awakeuche(m): 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
For once we have been properly schooled, comparing ourselves to kenya in this our sorry state is a laugh, i have decided i shall visit kenya for the holidays to see for myself.... By the way i didnt know we had kenyans on nairaland till now, ndi kenya ndaewo nu o.

3 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by nnokwa042(m): 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
ahamonyeka:
United states of nigeria is the only country where goats,chickens and dogs can enter freely and do anyhow.imagine Kenya but why is nigerians all over the country even country that are not up to our feet?anywhere you see a nigerian arrested it must be for crime.

which country is not to Nigerians feet ?you nigeria re funny shaa some stays in lagos abuja or ph thinking every part of nigeria is like that mr when u get to some parts of northern nigeria then u will know some places in nigeria is like somalia or sudan

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by LadyX(f): 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
awakeuche:
For once we have been properly schooled, comparing ourselves to kenya in this our sorry state is a laugh, i have decided i shall visit kenya for the holidays to see for myself.... By the way i didnt know we had kenyans on nairaland till now, ndi kenya ndaewo nu o.
Wow! That's a great move. After your visit, don't forget to share with Nairalanders what you found out about Kenya.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by KekeNash(f): 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
kenya is better than Nigeria FACT! Or just compare Lagos o Abuja to Nairobi lol. kenyan tourism is on point too, I never in my life heard someone saying i wanna go to Nigeria for holidays, adventure or safari, Kenya got you covered. Kenyans are cooler than this noisy ppl, kenyans and Ghanaians anyday.

5 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 23, 2016
@pavore I intend to be there comr come next year pls would u teach me online Biz because I don't want to follow the crowd
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by numericalguy(m): 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
LadyX:

Ask Nigerians that live in Kenya whether that is true or not. Better still, visit Kenya and see for yourself.
www.helb.co.ke can quickly show you what I said about university education

The thing is when people have been brainwashed to believe wrong things about others, it becomes hard to change that mindset. In addition, many people think that all Africans live in poverty and suffer

The bolded aptly describes you.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Bifwoli: 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
banmee:

How many kenyans have you heard are hiding in Nigeria? That should tell me something.

Other than immediate west African neighbours ,does Nigeria have plenty of other Africans who move to reside there? By this a mean africans from further afield like Mozambicans,Ethiopians,Ugandans,Rwandese,Senegalese or Malawians?

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by LadyX(f): 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
numericalguy:

When you look at yourself in the mirror, please try and remember the bolded.
You don't know me to tell me that

Besides, am not one of those people who've been brainwashed to think only negative things about others. If that was the case, I'd have generalised all the bad things that few Nigerians do...I'd have said they apply to all Nigerians.

Most Nairalanders say negative things about Kenya/Kenyans, that's why I put the bolded

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Groomsman Dies In Accident Involving Newly Married Couple In Lagos / Minna-Bound Train Derailed In Jebba, 2 Die, I'm Among The Survivors / Fatal Accident Along Elele Road, Rivers State, Many Killed (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.