Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored (40240 Views)

6 Interesting Facts About Nigeria As We Celebrate Her Independence Anniversary / Things You Do When You Are Bored / What Do You Do Whenever You're Bored?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by atop1(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2016
As a Nigerian, you are familiar with the fact that there will be some moments when you will be bored without electricity as most of your devices are down. These are moments you result to doing funny things like: counting the number of divisions on your ceilings or looking at the numbers of holes on your belts. Here are some things you can do that will make those moment lively and productive.

1.Take a walk: Taking a walk can give you a lot of inspiration as you get to see the way things are moving around you. You get to see how people are thinking creatively, then you will realize that the world is evolving very fast. This will create some kind of imagination in your mental world.

2.Think about the future: Yes most of us are cut up in the art of doing what others are doing what I term the hot passion of the day. This is really bad as everyone have different kind of talents so you don’t expect us to do the same thing and we all be successful. This silent moment are for you to think about what you really love to do, who you will want to become. You can do this by taking a look at those around you, probably those you see on the TV or hear on radio, that you are excited about the way they do their things; those you have interest in what they do. Trust me you will always find someone, just think. Write that down and give it a second thought of where that can lead you.

3. Develop a to-do list of what you want to do the next day: A to-do list will contain the list of everything you want to do the next day or even a whole week. But start with a whole day. The trick you should use is not to think of the amount of effort you will put-in to get those things done. Just think of what you will like to do the next day and put them down. Then arrange them in their order of priority. You can remove some if you see that they are irrelevant. But you must exercise self-discipline not to remove the important tasks .

4.Read a Novel or a motivational book: this is one of the reason while you get at least one hard copy of a book you are interested in. this will go a long way to making you productive as you will get to read about other people’s thought which can be exciting.

5.Write a book: this can be based on some interesting experience you had in the past, you can write a short story, a poem or a motivational article that can inspire others, just write something anything at all. The trick is to write rough and you can edit that later. Trust me you will always get positive response when you share it with friends on social media.

6.Take care of yourself: this might sound awkward to you but those boring and lonely moments could count if you actually take care of yourself probably by shaving, cutting your nails or dyeing your hairs

49 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by ashewoboy(m): 11:09am On Sep 22, 2016
Think about fvcking that your dream girlcheesy.

56 Likes

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by nickvanilla(m): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
Wow
What a great piece
Lalasticlala front page pls
This could help the ever expanding vaseline crew.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2016
Me i start to think of Arsenal winning the champions league. That's quite some future you know

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by Fairgodwin(m): 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
I do all of these things daily, sincerely. Maybe because I'm mostly alone and I really don't have friends or because I find it very difficult to mingle and hang out with people. I'm not really a people person, so these are some of the things I do daily.

I just love this thread for a reason best known to me.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by NaLaugh: 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
If you can afford protracted periods of "boredom," then you're doing it all wrong to begin with.

Rather than use 100% of your free time engaging in trivial things, channel that energy into actual actionable plans - at least 80% of the time.
Make a business plan. Research that business plan. Execute that business plan.

If that fails, rinse and repeat.

12 Likes

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by myners007: 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
I play games with my phone as well as brainstorm with crossword puzzle or sudoku

2 Likes

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by guywitzerogal(m): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
Play PS3

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by opeyemiieblog(m): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
very nice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by 9jawindow: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
Work
Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by abumeinben(m): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
Play GTA San Andreas and kill everyone grin

25 Likes

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by Chuukwudi(m): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
If you have electricity + Internet + data + smart phone or laptop and you know about Nairaland and you are complaining of boredom, you are a tit.

If you don't want to be a tit, getting yourself a musical instrument will be of help.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by Saintbonnie(m): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
I talk toy wife when I'm bored and if she's not available I visit nairaland

1 Like

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by guywitzerogal(m): 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
ashewoboy:
Dat lead yo to Vaseline club

2 Likes

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by recievesense: 5:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
guywitzerogal:
Play PS3

PS4 with call of duty advanced warfare

2 Likes

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by Cunninlinguist: 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2016
ashewoboy:
Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by Diamondvera(f): 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2016
Cool but you didn't add this one.. Read the Bible

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by veekid(m): 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2016
I cruise on Nairaland when I'm bored

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by MrHighSea: 5:42pm On Sep 22, 2016
Read
Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by sexymoma(f): 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
Call someone that could make you laugh cheesy
watch 3idiot.. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by guywitzerogal(m): 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
recievesense:

PS4 with call of duty advanced warfare
as I no get ps4 money Niko make I go steal am

3 Likes

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by 4four(m): 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
nairaland
Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by Vicben(m): 5:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
eat and sleep
Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by blingxx(m): 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
isn't this one of the reasons why we smart phones ? ...who still read novels these days .....

oh ,sorry ..I don't read novels ;Do
Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
watch pretty little liars!!! ull become agitated.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by mosho2good: 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
7. By going to 9jabet shop and 4cas doe a sure game to have money

4 Likes

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by telemapreye1(f): 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
I read books when am bored

1 Like

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by adorablevic: 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
Use to imagine having lots of dollars on my bed ND getting married to Jason derulo with 2kids...works a lot tho...always fall asleep

6 Likes

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by DoctorAlien(m): 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
Diamondvera:
Cool but you didn't add this one.. Read the Bible

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by jide219(m): 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
7() play bet9ja virtual
cool ve sex
Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by babsodity(m): 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
9ice 1 op!
Re: 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored by uairaland: 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
okay

i guess there is a list for everything in naija

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hot Body With Ugly Face Or Shapeless Body With Pretty Face.which Is Better? / Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning / Keke NAPEP Driving On Pedestrain Bridge In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.