Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims (1148 Views)

Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. / Exposing Hardmirror. A Tale Of Two Mirrors / Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by HardMirror(m): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2016
First I am glad I coincidentally met someone I believe to be a matured christian and I am sure we would learn a lot from this thread.
The big question is, " Is Jesus who christians think he is?" Can we rely on the bible as message from a one and only God?
Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by HardMirror(m): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2016
Thesixthsense you can go ahead and ask your questions
Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 22, 2016
First, I would start by saying even as a pentecostal myself, pentecostalism is known for its anti-intellectual stance, usually unintentionally. In the words of John Piper: 'Supernatural isn't stupid.' You were a pentecostal I want to believe, I myself have faced some resistance when I tried to ask questions and to be honest as a christian, most of all I have learnt have been from my curiosity and fascination about the Lord's gracious salvation and I found that my experience is similar to so many out there at the same time quite few, and it is well documented and studied. Your story prompted me to reduce much of the emotionalism to go back to basics I am now fascinated with them Spurgeon, Pink, Tozer, and R.C Sproul. The doctrines of grace, the doctrines of regeneration, the doctrines of sanctification.

To your question, Yes I believe Jesus Christ is what the bible says He is. The Synoptic gospels have the most accurate account of Jesus Christ not the Gnostic gospels and certainly not the apocryphal books. The bible has various cross references of each book in scripture to either the old testament or new testament. Even some statements of Jesus are cross referenced back to the OT. However, unlike the canonical 66 books, the apocrypha lacks heavily in such cross references. Many atheists have become believers in Jesus Christ through investigation of historical accounts by credible historians. Even the celebrity atheist, Prof Richard Dawkins in his debate with Prof John Lennox admitted and apologised to my surprise, for denying in his 'God delusion' book that Jesus ever existed despite the overwhelming accounts of his existence death and resurrection by credible historians.

I would suggest you read 'A Case for Christ' by Lee Strobel who was an atheist, not like the many misotheists we have here on NL, that sought for answers. He fought his conscience everyday as he pieced little by little historical evidences about Jesus' birth, death, resurrection and the most glorious ascension into heaven. Get the book, you don't have to believe it but it talks more about the validity of the bible and it's truth.

I became a christian because I read a book about demons authored by unreligious investigators who confirmed that these inhuman spirits only respond to the name of Jesus Christ and God. Then I watched videos of people who have died and come back to life. And all atheists, muslims, christians all share similar experiences and become believers in Jesus Christ in their new life.

Is the Bible the message from a one and only God?
The bible tells us everything we need to know about God, His nature, attributes, His promises and the plan and execution of salvation and the afterlife. Different books by different authors written at different times in history compiled to make a consistent account of creation, life, prophecies of the future and the afterlife. Yes, it is God inspired and He is the only God. It is most reliable, for salvation and spiritual perfection and peace

HardMirror:
First I am glad I coincidentally met someone I believe to be a matured christian and I am sure we would learn a lot from this thread.
The big question is, " Is Jesus who christians think he is?" Can we rely on the bible as message from a one and only God?

4 Likes

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2016
My questions for you:
1. If I remember correctly you mentioned that you had seen/experienced eerie manifestations after you renounced your faith. You still believe in the demonic, witches and dark arts. Why then would you say there is no God when everything in life occurs in two extremes ie. Life and death, Light and darkness, good and evil or you don't think demons can be good, do you?
2. Would you say you have peace now that you are an atheist, or rather towards the christian God?
3. What do you think about Justice? Is the world fair? Is there justice in this world? would there ever be? What do you believe now will happen to psychopaths, serial murderers, wicked people when they die?

Personally, I think if people know more about the righteous judgement of Jesus Christ, christianity would have a much better PR.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by Image123(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
HardMirror:

You don't believe there is God but you want to answer question on the Word of God. i am not understanding, lol. Is Jesus who you think He is? Should we rely on you?

1 Like

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by oaroloye(m): 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
SHALOM!

HardMirror:

You people are just not serious.

I wrote a post pointing out that none of you know how to read.

You looked at it, were Cleansed by The Truth, then, like PIGS, you all waddled off, to go bathe in the mud and excrement of your previous practices.

"WHEN THE WISE MAN LOOKS AT THE MOON,
THE BLOCKHEAD EXAMINES HIS FINGER!"
- Confucius.

Here is the "Moon:"

. DEUTERONOMY 6:4-9.

4. Hear, O Israel:
The LORD our God is one LORD:
5. And thou shalt love The LORD thy God
with all thine Heart,
and with all thy Soul,
and with all thy might.
6. And these Words,
which I Command thee this day,
shall be in thine heart:
7. And thou shalt teach Them
diligently unto thy children,
and shalt talk of Them
when thou sittest in thine house,
and when thou walkest by the way,
and when thou liest down,
and when thou risest up.
8. And thou shalt bind Them
for a sign upon thine hand,
and they shall be as frontlets
between thine eyes.
9. And thou shalt write Them
upon the posts of thy house,
and on thy gates.

YAHSHUA SAID THAT THIS WAS THE MIST IMPORTANT COMMANDMENT IN THE LAW OF GOD BY MOSES.

Every single person here should testify to how they have SUFFERED IN LIFE, because THEIR PARENTS never took this Commandment seriously!

Instead, you scorn the only person in the World who has brought you the Master Key to the Prison you have lived in, your whole life!

What did YAHSHUA mean by "ALL YOUR MIGHT?"

THIS is YOUR MIGHT:

. JOHN 14:12.

12. "Verily, verily, I say unto you,

'HE THAT BELIEVETH ON ME,
THE WORKS THAT I DO
SHALL HE DO ALSO;'

and greater Works than these shall he do;
because I go unto my Father."

THESE WORKS YAHSHUA DULY DEMONSTRATED FIRST WERE:

. THE TEN TALENTS. (Matt. 25:1-46)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. ETERNAL LIFE.

Are these not more important than any other concern?

Are these not what are required too guarantee Survival?

But the DOGS vomit The Truth, instead of ASSIMILATING It, and UNDERSTANDING It- and then come back to ask more foolish questions about what they have peed upon.

"CAN WE RELY ON THE BIBLE AS A MESSAGE FROM THE ONE AND ONLY GOD?"

FOOLS!

Who told you that Yahweh is the one and only God?

Do you even know what a "god" is?

The difference between YAHWEH and the various "gods" is that THIS IS THE ONLY ONE OFFERING AND BESTOWING ETERNAL LIFE.

This is THE ONLY ONE who DELIVERS from THE KINGDOM OF SATAN,

This is THE ONLY GOD Who Commands His Worshippers to SAVE THE WORLD.

. MATTHEW 12:41-45.

41. "The men of Nineveh
shall rise in Judgment
with this Generation,
and shall Condemn It:
because they repented
at the Preaching of Jonas;
and, behold,
a Greater than Jonas is here.
42. "The Queen of the South
shall rise up in the Judgment
with this Generation,
and shall Condemn It:
for she came from
The Uttermost Parts of the Earth
to hear The Wisdom of Solomon;
and, behold,
a Greater than Solomon is here.
43. "When the unclean spirit
is gone out of a man,
he walketh through dry places,
seeking rest,
and findeth none.
44. "Then he saith,

'I WILL RETURN INTO MY HOUSE
FROM WHENCE I CAME OUT;'

and when he is come, he findeth it empty,
swept, and garnished.
45. "Then goeth he, and taketh with himself
seven other spirits more wicked than himself,
and they enter in and dwell there:
and the last state of that man
is worse than the first.
Even so shall it be also
unto this Wicked Generation."

YOUR DUTY, THE MINUTE YOU FIRST HEARD THE TRUTH- FROM ME, OR ANYONE ELSE- WAS TO REPENT IMMEDIATELY! As soon as you decided NOT to do that, YOUR CASE GOT WORSE.

It is POSSIBLE that it MAY be TOO LATE for YOU....

. PSALM 95:6-11.

6. O come, let us worship
and bow down:
let us kneel before
The LORD our Maker.
7. For He is our God;
and we are the People of his Pasture,
and the Sheep of His Hand.
To day if ye will hear His Voice,
8. Harden not your heart,
as in The Provocation,
and as in The Day of Temptation
in the Wilderness:
9. When your fathers tempted Me,
proved Me, and saw My Work.
10. Forty years long was I Grieved
with this Generation, and said,

"IT IS A PEOPLE
THAT DO ERR IN THEIR HEART,
AND THEY HAVE NOT
KNOWN MY WAYS."

11. Unto whom I sware
in My Wrath
that they should not
enter into My Rest.

1 Like

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by adjoviomole(m): 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
Is this not the guy dat said he turned frm a pastor to an atheist? ;-\

1 Like

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by dblackninja: 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
Haba another battle.
The outcome will always be the same:
Make una continue chaa grin
Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2016
@ Thesixthsense word of advice...I have known and conversed with Atheists a lot in my life and you being formerly one yourself should know that debates with atheists would only lead to more debates as they are wired to argue everything even when its an obvious truth.

the only way an atheist can cease being one is when deep down they sincerely seek answers. but right from the very first comment from hardmirror on this thread he said "everyone should come and learn something". His tone is one of fun and not desire to learn. This is all fun to hik as he aims to poke holes in anything you say and poke holes in the holes he has already poked as well as no atheist will ever admit to truth because of the spirit of pride in them.

cease from having this debate as its nothing but fun to them. You chose to be open to the truth in your time but not hardmirror who claims to have once been in the faith yet is now asking questions that are baffling for one who claims to have once been in the faith.

Personally I have ceased from having arguments per se with them but now testify about actual workings of God even among nairalanders whom I have been conversing with or have actuallu met due to their desire for Gods intervention.

God bless you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2016
I take heed. God bless you.
4everGod:
@ Thesixthsense word of advice...I have known and conversed with Atheists a lot in my life and you being formerly one yourself should know that debates with atheists would only lead to more debates as they are wired to argue everything even when its an obvious truth.

the only way an atheist can cease being one is when deep down they sincerely seek answers. but right from the very first comment from hardmirror on this thread he said "everyone should come and learn something". His tone is one of fun and not desire to learn. This is all fun to hik as he aims to poke holes in anything you say and poke holes in the holes he has already poked as well as no atheist will ever admit to truth because of the spirit of pride in them.

cease from having this debate as its nothing but fun to them. You chose to be open to the truth in your time but not hardmirror who claims to have once been in the faith yet is now asking questions that are baffling for one who claims to have once been in the faith.

Personally I have ceased from having arguments per se with them but not testify about actual workings of God even among nairalanders whom I have been conversing with or have actuallu met due to their desire for Gods intervention.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by Marvel1206: 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
Thesixthsense i respect you a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by Marvel1206: 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
4everGod:
@ Thesixthsense word of advice...I have known and conversed with Atheists a lot in my life and you being formerly one yourself should know that debat ...

I totally agree with you!
Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by winner01(m): 10:39am On Sep 23, 2016
4everGod:

Personally I have ceased from having arguments per se with them but now testify about actual workings of God even among nairalanders whom I have been conversing with or have actuallu met due to their desire for Gods intervention.

God bless you.
No one could have said this better.
I think we waste too much time in endless debates rather than testifying to the goodness of God and clearing the doubts of the feeble minded.
No one has ever been argued into the faith, its pretty more difficult when you want to make sense to someone who willfully disregards his senses. How then does he want to acknowledge that there might be a real realm beyond the physical.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by promise10: 11:25am On Sep 23, 2016
TheSixthSense:
First, I would start by saying even as a pentecostal myself, pentecostalism is known for its anti-intellectual stance, usually unintentionally. In the words of John Piper: 'Supernatural isn't stupid.' You were a pentecostal I want to believe, I myself have faced some resistance when I tried to ask questions and to be honest as a christian, most of all I have learnt have been from my curiosity and fascination about the Lord's gracious salvation and I found that my experience is similar to so many out there at the same time quite few, and it is well documented and studied. Your story prompted me to reduce much of the emotionalism to go back to basics I am now fascinated with them Spurgeon, Pink, Tozer, and R.C Sproul. The doctrines of grace, the doctrines of regeneration, the doctrines of sanctification.

To your question, Yes I believe Jesus Christ is what the bible says He is. The Synoptic gospels have the most accurate account of Jesus Christ not the Gnostic gospels and certainly not the apocryphal books. The bible has various cross references of each book in scripture to either the old testament or new testament. Even some statements of Jesus are cross referenced back to the OT. However, unlike the canonical 66 books, the apocrypha lacks heavily in such cross references. Many atheists have become believers in Jesus Christ through investigation of historical accounts by credible historians. Even the celebrity atheist, Prof Richard Dawkins in his debate with Prof John Lennox admitted and apologised to my surprise, for denying in his 'God delusion' book that Jesus ever existed despite the overwhelming accounts of his existence death and resurrection by credible historians.

I would suggest you read 'A Case for Christ' by Lee Strobel who was an atheist, not like the many misotheists we have here on NL, that sought for answers. He fought his conscience everyday as he pieced little by little historical evidences about Jesus' birth, death, resurrection and the most glorious ascension into heaven. Get the book, you don't have to believe it but it talks more about the validity of the bible and it's truth.

I became a christian because I read a book about demons authored by unreligious investigators who confirmed that these inhuman spirits only respond to the name of Jesus Christ and God. Then I watched videos of people who have died and come back to life. And all atheists, muslims, christians all share similar experiences and become believers in Jesus Christ in their new life.

Is the Bible the message from a one and only God?
The bible tells us everything we need to know about God, His nature, attributes, His promises and the plan and execution of salvation and the afterlife. Different books by different authors written at different times in history compiled to make a consistent account of creation, life, prophecies of the future and the afterlife. Yes, it is God inspired and He is the only God. It is most reliable, for salvation and spiritual perfection and peace

What a glorious comment?

I feel SO HIGH in christ right now, ride on!

1 Like

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by promise10: 11:27am On Sep 23, 2016
TheSixthSense:
My questions for you:
1. If I remember correctly you mentioned that you had seen/experienced eerie manifestations after you renounced your faith. You still believe in the demonic, witches and dark arts. Why then would you say there is no God when everything in life occurs in two extremes ie. Life and death, Light and darkness, good and evil or you don't think demons can be good, do you?
2. Would you say you have peace now that you are an atheist, or rather towards the christian God?
3. What do you think about Justice? Is the world fair? Is there justice in this world? would there ever be? What do you believe now will happen to psychopaths, serial murderers, wicked people when they die?

Personally, I think if people know more about the righteous judgement of Jesus Christ, christianity would have a much better PR.
100% LIKES!!!

Ride on!!

1 Like

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by promise10: 11:40am On Sep 23, 2016
Image123:

You don't believe there is God but you want to answer question on the Word of God. i am not understanding, lol. Is Jesus who you think He is? Should we rely on you?
I wonder!

We met Jesus in the bible with a very FIRM and unquestionable evidence of his evidence, whose denial of his reality make people look foolish. I wonder how somebody will tell me not to prove the reality of jesus with the bible, when they bible is written of him. So FOOLISH! It's like telling me defining evolution outside biological textbooks. Where is this done?!

That's why they will continue to fall each time they argue about that reality of Jesus. I am yet to see an atheist who will spends his little time arguing about the reality of mohammed. You can't see that simply because mohammed definitely has nothing to offer which is never the case in christ's side. That has made me to believe that NO religion will EVER withstand ALL the attacks imposed of christianity and still be! Imagine the way the early apostles died, rather than quenching the faith, it FUELED it. And they is NOTHING they can do about it.

I have heard many anti-Jesus stories, of which all of them are ALL DIFFERENT simply because they lack basis to attack Jesus stories, they resort to FAKING OUT stories to make it like Jesus' own so they can attack, yet it's not even working out.

3 Likes

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by promise10: 11:46am On Sep 23, 2016
adjoviomole:
Is this not the guy dat said he turned frm a pastor to an atheist? ;-\
He is the guy.

He seems so confused!

1 Like

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by promise10: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2016
Marvel1206:
Thesixthsense i respect you a lot.
He deserves the respect.

1 Like

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by promise10: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2016
winner01:
No one could have said this better.
I think we waste too much time in endless debates rather than testifying to the goodness of God and clearing the doubts of the feeble minded.
No one has ever been argued into the faith, its pretty more difficult when you want to make sense to someone who willfully disregards his senses. How then does he want to acknowledge that there might be a real realm beyond the physical.
@winner01....always making sense. I am proud of you guys bro.

Stay tight!

1 Like

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by Image123(m): 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
promise10:

I wonder!

We met Jesus in the bible with a very FIRM and unquestionable evidence of his evidence, whose denial of his reality make people look foolish. I wonder how somebody will tell me not to prove the reality of jesus with the bible, when they bible is written of him. So FOOLISH! It's like telling me defining evolution outside biological textbooks. Where is this done?!

That's why they will continue to fall each time they argue about that reality of Jesus. I am yet to see an atheist who will spends his little time arguing about the reality of mohammed. You can't see that simply because mohammed definitely has nothing to offer which is never the case in christ's side. That has made me to believe that NO religion will EVER withstand ALL the attacks imposed of christianity and still be! Imagine the way the early apostles died, rather than quenching the faith, it FUELED it. And they is NOTHING they can do about it.

I have heard many anti-Jesus stories, of which all of them are ALL DIFFERENT simply because they lack basis to attack Jesus stories, they resort to FAKING OUT stories to make it like Jesus' own so they can attack, yet it's not even working out.

lol, it's like a dog insisting humans must bark to explain human behavior. Ludicrous.

1 Like

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by adjoviomole(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
promise10:
He is the guy.
He seems so confused!

Aiit
Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by GeneralTee: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
Is HardMirror planning to return to this thread?

I commend TheSixthSense for his very mature response.

I'm writing a series on Pentecostalism on Facebook. One of the post I plan to make is "Rising Atheism". There I'm hoping to show that the falsehood behind many Pentecostal ministries is producing many atheistic minds. I was going to give Nairaland as an example of a place where Nigerian atheists find freedom ri express themselves. Then I thought to visit after many months and here I find HardMirror.

If you wouldn't mind, I also will like to ask a few questions to aid my write up. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
I hope he returns with a powerful testimony of restoration. wink smiley
Interesting. Hope you share it here on NL when you're done.
GeneralTee:
Is HardMirror planning to return to this thread?

I commend TheSixthSense for his very mature response.

I'm writing a series on Pentecostalism on Facebook. One of the post I plan to make is "Rising Atheism". There I'm hoping to show that the falsehood behind many Pentecostal ministries is producing many atheistic minds. I was going to give Nairaland as an example of a place where Nigerian atheists find freedom ri express themselves. Then I thought to visit after many months and here I find HardMirror.

If you wouldn't mind, I also will like to ask a few questions to aid my write up. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by EazyMoh(m): 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
following...
Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by EyeHateGod: 12:08am On Sep 24, 2016
This Thread was suppose to be between two people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by promise10: 7:24am On Sep 24, 2016
Image123:

lol, it's like a dog insisting humans must bark to explain human behavior. Ludicrous.
Exactly bro!

Bro, as far as atheism is concern, I see it as a state of TOTAL DISHONESTY. And an ability for one to SHUT his mind AGAINST ANY form of evidence that can reveal God. It is really not a state for people who really want to know God's reality but a CONCLUSIVE state.
Re: Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims by honourhim: 8:46am On Sep 24, 2016
promise10:

Exactly bro!

Bro, as far as atheism is concern, I see it as a state of TOTAL DISHONESTY. And an ability for one to SHUT his mind AGAINST ANY form of evidence that can reveal God. It is really not a state for people who really want to know God's reality but a CONCLUSIVE state.

You are right. Atheists are just swimming in the pool of deceit.

(1) (Reply)

Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? / Satanic Prophetess Gives A 10-point Plan Aimed At Wiping Out Christianity / So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.