Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,535 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski (28594 Views)

Nigerian Architects, Nigerian Architecture, The Ingenuity. / Bringing Contemporary Architecture To Benin City: 5 Bedroom Duplex Construction! / Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 6:22am On Jan 06, 2017
amanikondo:

Okay. They do not want the open concept.

Is the picture below what they want?

Yes thats something like what they want.
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 6:24am On Jan 06, 2017
We Design Unique and good designs for very affordable prices. We also build and finish your houses at top quality workmanship. our designs are always unique, so we always advise to handle the project personally. We also do Interior Designs, Shops, Kitchen Rooms e.t.c attached is some of my designs and finishes. Action the say, speaks louder than words

architectural designs. Construction, Renovations, and Interiors. (Tiling, Kitchen, furnishings and solving general House problems)
Dezyns and Structures.

Architect Jude O. Odemwingie.
email: jude@dnstructures.com
email: skimanski4life@yahoo.com
Tel; 08038390386 or 08185174782
follow us on Instagram: @ dezynstructures

Kindly take your time to Follow our numerous professional works on every page of these links below

https://www.nairaland.com/1164230/best-architectural-interior-construction-works
https://www.nairaland.com/2067260/lekki-gardens-finishings
https://www.nairaland.com/1331375/architecture-lagos-nigeria-construction-duplex
https://www.nairaland.com/1522743/new-dimension-nigerian-architecture-construction
https://www.nairaland.com/2543797/4-bedroom-duplex-new-dimension
https://www.nairaland.com/2963940/arcadia-groove-estate-constructing-4
https://www.nairaland.com/2770635/construction-works-units-flats-new
https://www.nairaland.com/2985698/construction-flats-owerri-new-dimension
https://www.nairaland.com/3079756/renovation-diary-new-dimension-nigerian
https://www.nairaland.com/3349788/renovation-diary-platinum-row-new-dimension
https://www.nairaland.com/3364355/contemporary-architecture-story-4-bedroom
https://www.nairaland.com/3436850/construction-duplex-4-units-flats
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by Toronto123: 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
Oga Skimanski Abeg I dey add you for whatspp nor vex. I get small work for you

1 Like

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by Toronto123: 1:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
I Leo just followed you on Instagram now please follow back thanks. We have a small quick project in lakowe, beechwood I would need you for! Abeg nor vex. Follow back.
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
Toronto123:
Oga Skimanski Abeg I dey add you for whatspp nor vex. I get small work for you

Ok sir
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by belushi7: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
Good one. Been reading your thread for the past few minutes. Good job I can see. Will definitely need talking to you on a project. Please, keep the updates coming. Will connect with you on IG and send you an email as well.

Good job.
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
To those just discovering Skimanski.

His attention to detail and finished products rivals the best in USA.

Good luck to all of us on our projects.

3 Likes

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by triphex2009: 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
Boss, for JJC like us,whats DPM? Thank you .

skimanski:

No Just to protect the wood and cement. and maybe make cast slightly neater.
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
triphex2009:
Boss, for JJC like us,whats DPM? Thank you .

If you don't mind and while we wait for Herr Dokter Professor.

DPM = Damp Proof Membrane.

It's plastic membrane (basic really) that is laid down on the bare earth (laterite or sand filling) and before pouring the concrete slab (german floor).

This prevents moisture from rising up from the ground into the floors and walls. If you've seen some homes that have peeling paint and walls down near the ground then that's usually caused by rising damp (moisture).

They also use this membrane on suspended slab (decking) on top of the wood support but below the iron and plumbing works. They use this not for moisture but to have a smoother surface on the ceilings.

4 Likes

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 11:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
EgunMogaji:

It's plastic membrane (basic really) that is laid down on the bare earth (laterite or sand filling) and before pouring the concrete slab (german floor).

This prevents moisture from rising up from the ground into the floors and walls. If you've seen some homes that have peeling paint and walls down near the ground then that's usually caused by rising damp (moisture).

They also use this membrane on suspended slab (decking) on top of the wood support but below the iron and plumbing works. They use this not for moisture but to have a smoother surface on the ceilings.

Well said by the boss!!!

2 Likes

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by triphex2009: 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
So explicit ,Thank you so much.I now know reason for the peeling of my wall paint. But is there any remedy for this?

EgunMogaji:

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
triphex2009:
So explicit ,Thank you so much.I now know reason for the peeling of my wall paint. But is there any remedy for this?

Yes there are many choices.

Can I ask you to open a thread so that we don't pollute Skimanskis thread?

Please mention me when you do so.
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by whirlwind7(m): 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

About the bold in your comment;
Will this membrane on the suspended slab be peeled off prior to the ceiling getting screeded, or it remains in place?
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
whirlwind7:

Will this membrane on the suspended slab be peeled off prior to the ceiling getting screeded, or it remains in place?

The ones that I've seen have been peeled off to reveal a smooth surface.

The idea, I think, is that the screeder will then use less materials to attain a good finish.

Incidentally, if I was to build a storied building then I would appreciate the wood transfer finish (pics below) and wouldn't want to hide it.

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by mufutau55(m): 7:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
whirlwind7:

Peeled off...

Hajji M.
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
Updates as we resume work on our contemporary duplex. Roof gutter brick works ongoing!!!

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2017
Brick works on roof gutters

1 Like

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2017
Provision for Drains on roof gutters using 100mm Thick Pipe on every 2m interval.

1 Like

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
Conclusion of Brick works and we erect our scaffolds in preparation for Plastering.

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:02pm On Feb 13, 2017
Some mechanical works ongoing!!

1 Like

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2017
Resumption of plastering works (Internally)

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2017
more

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:17pm On Feb 13, 2017
Current Look!!!

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:12am On Feb 18, 2017
Still On Plastering works

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:29am On Feb 18, 2017
DB location in Kitchen Store.

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:32am On Feb 18, 2017
Resuming Fence Parameters

1 Share

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
Resumption of Roof works

1 Like

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 10:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
Pics from Internal Plastering

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
Plastering of the External walls

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:22pm On Mar 06, 2017
Rounding Up External Plastering!!!

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2017
First FLoor Plastering Works (Internally)

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 06, 2017
skimanski:
First FLoor Plastering Works (Internally)

Chief, what is the height of your DB from the floor?

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo / Some Hilarious Memes Particular To Building Construction Sites In Nigeria / Two Storey Building Collapses In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.