Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

How To Know If You Are Truly A Good Person - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Know If You Are Truly A Good Person (517 Views)

Evans: 9 Ways To Know If You Are Married To A Kidnapper / My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. / How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Know If You Are Truly A Good Person by teemystic(f): 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2016
Do you sometimes ask yourself if you're actually a good person in reality? Recent research carried out by psychologists suggests that it’s the environment we find ourselves that sometimes gets in the way of our true self. For example, “Someone who was abused may develop a protective part that preemptively hurts others to protect the self.” In her practice, she doesn’t focus on terms like “good” or “bad”, instead shifting the focus to “encourage the [compassionate and curious] ‘self’ to feel safe enough to come out.”
A counsellor pin-points to the fact that our “social media-centered culture” encourages us to act in ‘good’ ways in order to receive positive reinforcement from others rather than acting altruistically for a true intrinsic reward.” Which is why the only person who can decide whether you are a good person is yourself.
These few questions will help determine who you actually are, either a good person or not according to Meredith Strauss, a New Jersey-based psychotherapist:
Read more on http://www.healthylifecoupon.com/2016/09/consistent-ways-to-know-if-you-are.html

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Management Matters (3m) On Tectono Business Review / Last Longer In Bed To Night / Foremost Nigerian Polygamist Mohammed Bello Dies At 93

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.