Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. (937 Views)

Help Us Find Missing Bimbo Adewoye!!!! N100,000 Reward For Information (Photo) / A Choice Between Menopausal Lone Living And Single Parenting. / It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
So I got married about six months ago and since then my wife has been a sit at home wife. She read Mass Communications, graduated with a 2.1 but no lucrative job offer in the offing yet.

So we have been contemplating opening a business. Now she is very skilled at Makeover(having learnt it at a choice makeover center).She is Very good at anything that involves beauty. (from gele tying, makeup etc).

She is also very good at cooking, a very good chef. She has a certificate having attended a catering school for six months. She is very skilled at making food, pastries(meat pie, cakes small chops etc). She is also very good at event management also.

We considered renting a big hall, do some modifications in the hall to open an eatery where she will put her skill to work. We intend getting most the things you see at choice eateries. At the same time we also thought of getting a Flat where she will start makeover biz. And of course make it a choice beauty center.

Now considering our resources, we intend to Start only one of d biz. That's because we want to start big enough so ppl can be impressed when they come in.

My question now is which among this two business option is more lucrative? Which of them are we guaranteed of making money from in the long run?
Pls I need useful answers

Thank You.

cc: lalasticlala I need opinions pls so help me move this to FP.
Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Patented: 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
Bros this one hard small.

1st off both can be very very lucrative, its all about the amount of exposure u get and the passion you put into the business. No one can tell you for certain which one will be more successful in your case. You really cant look at it generally. each business case is a subjective experience and affected by its own unique circumstances. What I would advise is that you should do the one your wife is more passionate about or the one her heart and mind first goes to when thinking about it. If she is truly skilled as u say then the potential for success is high with both. Start with the one she feels most natural with and then as time goes on you may start the other. Hope i did not confuse you.

1 Like

Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
Patented:
Bros this one hard small.

1st off both can be very very lucrative, its all about the amount of exposure u get and the passion you put into the business. No one can tell you for certain which one will be more successful in your case. You really cant look at it generally. each business case is a subjective experience and affected by its own unique circumstances. What I would advise is that you should do the one your wife is more passionate about or the one her heart and mind first goes to when thinking about it. If she is truly skilled as u say then the potential for success is high with both. Start with the one she feels most natural with and then as time goes on you may start the other. Hope i did not confuse you.

No u didn't.

Thank you. Your response is very much appreciated.
Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Dyt(f): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
Oh pleaae
In this recession?

Food all the way
People must eat no matter what

Make over?
Well dunno much about it but I give it to food
Ounje ni oo

1 Like

Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by raydatluvs(m): 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2016
Let me drop my 2kobo on this course.

Firstly,profitability depends on varying circumstances which both of them have. Both food would always better in that regard if she is as good as you depict but then with food,she might have less time for the family depending on the kind of package you want. Meanwhile with the other,there is better flexibility but lesser income.
For me,its a decision of which would be better for your young family in the long run if she is as good in the both and equally passionate about them. So decide if you would be okay with your wife telling you am tired when the weather is very cold but with the event option,she could have compliementary cards distributed around and have a package for the meatpie and snacks which she would use as daily income. Maybe expand to bread making some day.
Hope I made sense to you

1 Like

Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2016
Dyt:
Oh pleaae
In this recession?

Food all the way
People must eat no matter what

Make over?
Well dunno much about it but I give it to food
Ounje ni oo

This is the same argument she put up.

I prefer makeup cos not only can she get to sell make up kits, cosmetics etc aside from the makeover proper, she can also combine it with a boutique. with my argument will agree makeover will be more lucrative?
Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
raydatluvs:
Let me drop my 2kobo on this course.

Firstly,profitability depends on varying circumstances which both of them have. Both food would always better in that regard if she is as good as you depict but then with food,she might have less time for the family depending on the kind of package you want. Meanwhile with the other,there is better flexibility but lesser income.
For me,its a decision of which would be better for your young family in the long run if she is as good in the both and equally passionate about them. So decide if you would be okay with your wife telling you am tired when the weather is very cold but with the event option,she could have compliementary cards distributed around and have a package for the meatpie and snacks which she would use as daily income. Maybe expand to bread making some day.
Hope I made sense to you

Yea you do.

I still feel makeover will be profitable though she seems to prefer an eatery. If we successfully open a makeover center, we can call for training n u know the training fee for makeovers, we can sell cosmetics, makeup kits etc.

Don't u think makeover is more profitable with my points?
Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Dyt(f): 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
Daniyemi:

This is the same argument she put up.

I prefer makeup cos not only can she get to sell make up kits, cosmetics etc aside from the makeover proper, she can also combine it with a boutique. with my argument will agree makeover will be more lucrative?

Why don't you want her to be cooking and feeding people with what you are enjoying ehn?

OK don't worry
Let her be a cook then after 6months she opens the make over and boutique
She can run both institute

NB: Employ me to manage the kitchen sha
grin

1 Like

Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by dahmie2013: 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
Op, why don't u ask God & put it in prayers. Don't tell him about d two, just ask Him what He wants u 2 do with d available resource u have. Dis shud be ur first step.
Now, u have 2 look @ which is more capital intensive but in times like dis, food is better. U also have 2 consider d locatn. U need 2 be @ a marketable place.
All d best!
Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by raydatluvs(m): 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2016
If you read btw the lines of my post,I was tilted in that way didn't want to be explicit though I termed it events so its encompassing. Anyway her choice should be priority. Yes it might be more profitable in the long run with the right packaging.
Daniyemi:

Yea you do.

I still feel makeover will be profitable though she seems to prefer an eatery. If we successfully open a makeover center, we can call for training n u know the training fee for makeovers, we can sell cosmetics, makeup kits etc.

Don't u think makeover is more profitable with my points?
Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2016
dahmie2013:
Op, why don't u ask God & put it in prayers. Don't tell him about d two, just ask Him what He wants u 2 do with d available resource u have. Dis shud be ur first step.
Now, u have 2 look @ which is more capital intensive but in times like dis, food is better. U also have 2 consider d locatn. U need 2 be @ a marketable place.
All d best!

Don't you think an eatery is more capital intensive? And why do u think food is better in times like this?
Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
Dyt:

Why don't you want her to be cooking and feeding people with what you are enjoying ehn?

OK don't worry
Let her be a cook then after 6months she opens the make over and boutique
She can run both institute

NB: Employ me to manage the kitchen sha
grin

Haha.. good one.

Will she be able to combine the two?

they both require lots of energy and time.
Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
raydatluvs:
If you read btw the lines of my post,I was tilted in that way didn't want to be explicit though I termed it events so its encompassing. Anyway her choice should be priority. Yes it might be more profitable in the long run with the right packaging.

Very well then. But I think we are going for an eatery. As my wife puts it 'Man must wack'.
Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2016
raydatluvs:

Very well then. But I think we are going for an eatery. As my wife puts it 'Man must wack'.

But in my argument with her, things are really expensive right now and we may not even profit.

(1) (Reply)

How To Avoid Extra-marital Affair(adultery) / Wife Charges Husband For Sex In Zambia / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.