Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,367 members, 7,781,001 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:18 AM

You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish (58952 Views)

Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates / New Prices For GOtv And DStv Subscription Take Effect From Today / DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish by Humanbeingyahoocom(f): 9:12am On Sep 23, 2016
Not good enough
DSTV subscription should be like the prepaid meter billing system. When my TV is off, my bill stop running.

Its so in SA, why can't it be so in Nigeria [/quote]
Dat is Wat I was expecting to hear o
Re: You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish by Sllime: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2016
naija2dabone:
Not good enough
DSTV subscription should be like the prepaid meter billing system. When my TV is off, my bill stop running.

Its so in SA, why can't it be so in Nigeria

Please do not give people wrong information sir.
Re: You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish by Sllime: 9:07am On Sep 24, 2016
This is a welcome development. I have been in pay television business for 5 years now and i can definitely tell everyone in Nairaland that this is an improvement. Any company trying to improve its services to customers should be applauded not criticised. Keep it up Multichoice.
Re: You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish by Sllime: 9:59am On Sep 24, 2016
I have always read comments on different blogs and nairaland about how Multichoice defraud Nigerians but because of my busy schedule, i do ignore. Anyway, im free today, i worked with Multichoice for some years and i can tell you that among all big Corporate Organisations in Nigeria, you can say Multichoice is the least when you talk about defrauding customers. I am a Nigerian and on daily basis i witness a lot of corparate theft in Nigeria from our banks, telecommunication, manufacturing industries etc. Atleast once in two or three months, i do take fight it out with either one of my banks or my telecommunication provider for unnecessary charges on my account. It is in this same country that i was having serious quarrel in a new generation bank and a fellow Nigerian said 'Bros they commot 50, u dey shout, na normal thing, wetin u go do wen dem commot 1k, u go kill person be dat'. As citizens we have to fight for our right and take proper actions when necessary if we feel cheated, dropping negative comments is not enough. Back to multichoice, when i was there, i realised the company strives alot to satisfy customers and go as far as compensating it customers. So anytime u feel cheated, contact the company directly, now the customer care line is toll free. Sometimes there are dubious people who pose as dealers and installers to defraud customers and customers think its the company.

Secondly, there is what we call Corporate Social responsibilities. Any big company making alot of money should always give back to the community. Yes Multichoice is not an indigenious company but they give back to the country. There are alot of tournaments sponsored by multichoice. There are lots of scholarships given by multichoice, multichoice are creating E-centers in schools to improve education, what of the essay competitions. People do approach the company all the time for all sorts of sponsorship and they try as much as possible to sponsor the ones they could. Apart from a few indigenious company who still try to fulfill their corporate social responsibilities, what are the others doing aside massive retrenchment, overuse and underpayment of staff with useless targets, Using our cute graduate ladies for corporate prostitution in the name of marketing and still yet provide epileptic services. These are companies making millions on daily basis. For those saying Multichoice is defrauding Nigerians, please have a rethink.
Re: You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish by Sllime: 10:36am On Sep 24, 2016
To the second issue, Pay per view. I wish and im still hoping this could be possible because we are really suffering in this country, you pay for subscription and you still have to buy fuel at exhorbitant prices to watch it.

However, for me to answer this question, i will have to ask a question. How come no Telecommunication industry and in Africa is offering payperview? Are you not surprised undecided This is because pay per view is very expensive. If it is introduced in all honesty, Nigerians may noth afford it.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/12606410/floyd-mayweather-manny-pacquiao-pay-per-view-cost-90

This link above is the popular match between floyd mayweather and pacquiao, just that single match will cost anybody in europe $90 dollars per match. That is higher than the a whole month subscription of a premium subscriber. Compact subscribers in Nigeria viewed that match. So instead of charging customers Payper view, pay television companies in Nigeria and Africa as a whole charge every subscriber a fixed rate per day depending on the bouque and make their money on the long run. I will still urge multichoice customers to keep complaining, because multichoice takes complaints serious. I learnt a slogan in Multichoice, customers complain when they enjoy your services. Anyday customers stop complaining, then your business is about to hit the rock. So lets keep complaining and pushing the company, hopefully Multichoice will find a way of providing pay per view services. I also hope competitions spring up, competitions make comapanies do a review on pricing. Thanks for Startimes, now Gotv is offering 400 bouque. Who taught that would ever be possible cheesy cheesy grin

For those saying South Africa is paying lower check this link
http://www.techzim.co.zw/2016/03/multichoice-announces-dstv-south-africa-price-increases-will-dstv-zimbabwe-follow-suit/#.V-YzMew1gtA

After doing the conversion, you will realise South Africa is paying almost double of what Nigerian customers are paying. In a final note, having worked with the company i realised Nigeria is the biggest market of multichoice. So complaints coming from Multichoice Nigeria is taken more seriously.
Re: You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish by naija2dabone(m): 5:00pm On Sep 26, 2016
Sllime:

Please do not give people wrong information sir.

Which of the information is wrong
Re: You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish by Sllime: 10:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
naija2dabone:

Which of the information is wrong

Multichoice is not offering prepaid billing in SA sir
Re: You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish by Babaigwebishop(m): 5:23am On Feb 25, 2018
Well I don't blame Dstv with the likes of tstv who are confused. ������

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pere And Peace's Reaction As Michael Walked Into The Bbnaija House / BBNaija: Thelma's Face Captured At The Wrong Moment (Photo) / How Bbnaija Viewers Voted (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.