Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,027 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:40 AM

The Event... By Gothblackgirl - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Event... By Gothblackgirl (801 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Event... By Gothblackgirl by Gothblackgal(f): 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
"THE EVENT"

PROLOGUE

Here is the thing, my name is Bisi, your typical average teenaged girl, deal with it. My life never remained the same again, after a particular event, the nightmares never stop.

*** Hey there, please do not plagiarize any part of this work, give the writer, her proper recognition.

CHAPTER ONE
The skies were bright, welcoming and calm. The cold seasonal breeze brushed past me, it left me wanting more of its cruelty, stripping my skin of its moisture. The camp fire seemed to dance in an unusually rhythm, I was at my school's annual camping trip.
I clutch my ill-fitted Cardigan closer to my chest, it was really cold, but I loved it, every punch of nature leaves me wanting more. Daniella looked lifeless and pale, her skin turned stone-like as she stared at the screen of her BlackBerry, she has been trying to reach him all night.
The kind of drama that went on in Daniella, my best friend's life was unpredictable. If love was a crime, it will be one crime I won't commit in a long run.

"Bisi, I'm going to bed" Daniella said it so rehearsed and nonchalantly. She wiped dusts off her pants(trousers) and went into our green camp tent. I wanted to run after her, but then what? I repeated it a million times before.
"Danny, it will be alright." It was getting old, and rehearsed. I couldn't continue saying what I couldn't assure, but I will always be there for here. Mr Ade rung the bell, it was time to sleep, camp fire was out. I needed a goodnight sleep, sport's day was tomorrow.

Our camping tents were in a dispersed arrangement, I and Danny's tent were at the far end of the camp fire sight, our camp was isolated. I got to the tent and it was opened

"I'm sorry about what happened Danny..." I said, lifting the curtains.

"Danny...?" I said again, she wasn't in our tent. I ran to the neighboring tent, Susie and Chiamaka's tent, it was coloured yellow, with tears patched with Ankara rags.

The were about entering the tent...
"Guys" I breathed heavily. "I can't find... uhm Danny" I explained. Okay, I was a little paranoid, I forgot the harshness of the weather. Susie looked gorgeous has always, very tall, slender, and model-like in physique. The moon illuminated her prominent cheek bones. Chiamaka wasn't so bad herself, she was a chubby, brown eyed, dark beauty, she was my height, pretty average.
"what?,,," Susie stared in horror.

"You don't say... let's check the other tents"
Chiamaka commanded. We searched every tent, even the guy's, none had an idea of where she could be . I, out desperation asked Ibrahim, the greatest snob, most arrogant guy in class, surprisingly, he had no sarcastic jokes to tell about my virgin hair.
At last, we knocked on Mr Ade's door, no knocking was done, nor did the tent had a door. We informed him, he was as startled as Mrs Okon, who immediately turned ghost-like.

"Girls, go to sleep now... Mrs Okon and I will handle things" He explained to us at Susie's tent.
"Bisi, sleep in their tent till further notice" He completed, searching for his flashlight in his pocket.
"Sir, you are saying we should stay here not knowing whether our friend is lost or injured?"
Susie spoke our, she expressed her thoughts well.
"Rules are rules, girls"
he said, as he walked with Mrs Okon into the dark forest, with flashlights ofcourse.
I kicked the dust.
"Darn this" Chiamaka said, looking blank and empty. That moment, my stomach ached in a kind of way. I was so wrong, everything wasn't gonna be alright.

"Catch...catch" Susie said, tossing us torchlights.
"We aren't gonna sit back here and do nothing" Susie completed, with her eyes, she was darn serious.

Hope you liked it! till next Thursday, stay blessed.

- All characters are fictitious, any similar resemblance to a person dead or alive is purely coincidental.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Event... By Gothblackgirl by Divepen1(m): 11:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
I'm liking but this Thursday thing ehn
Re: The Event... By Gothblackgirl by greatness22(m): 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2016
@Gothblackgal, pls try and complete it na.... sad
Re: The Event... By Gothblackgirl by Gothblackgal(f): 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2016
CHAPTER TWO In life, there are certain moments which would never be forgotten, a mother cuddling her child for the first time, an A at a really hard test, and your decision when things don't go well. Life is a harsh reality which we cannot hide from, it haunts us till the very end. Chiamaka looked at Susie, surprised. She saw Susie's desperation as I did, but we were in no shape to search a forest that large, two spirit broken girls, and one with hot desperation which could set trees ablaze. "Susie..." I said, moving towards her and I hugged her tight, her mouth went agape, her torchlight dropped, and tears drowned her eyes. Chiamaka joined the circle, with Susie in the middle, we drowned in each other's warmth. "let's... Um.. believe nothing would...huh.. happen to her" Susie stammered, but her voice was low and without life. We nodded, but fear filled our eyes. My life never remained the same since that event, the night Danny got missing. It rained so hard that night, and I lost consciousness for three days after I was told Danny slumped... And died. The cops had let the matter rest, but I knew there was more to it, Danny couldn't just have slipped, she must have been murdered, but the cops kept quiet, perhaps due to lack of evidence. The next morning all campers heard of her death, that was the morning the camping trip ended... And I mean for life. The trip back to our homes was a quiet one, even Mr Ade didn't talk about Lagos' history as he normally does. A week later after Danny's death was her burial at the community church. I didn't feel the need to go, anything that reminded me of her irked me, I even stopped calling Susie and Chiamaka, and avoided them in class. I stared at my bedside window, and memories rushed in again. Daniella was my next door neighbour, so we stay up all night, shouting from our rooms trying to communicate. It wasn't the talking that I missed, I missed the way she flipped her hair when angry, her hilarious chicken dance and her hearty laughter. I looked away from the window. As much as I used to enjoy those memories, it was time to stop fighting myself. I heard a knock on my door, before my approval, my door was swung open, it was my mum. "oh Bisie... Its almost time". She said,. resting on the door frames. I still laid in bed, I still was indifferent, even with her words. She was particularly nicer and calmer while talking to me those days. She smiled and moved closer, making herself comfortable on my bed. She patted my head, and I felt like a little child, and it weakened me further. Suddenly, she pulled me to her blossom, and inhaled my natural smells. "Let it out baby... I know how much you loved her". Mother said, and I couldn't hold the feeling anymore. I cried so hard, my neighbours probably heard, the pains, the love and the sadness, with a shout, I let it all out, Danny... Daniella was gone forever, and there was nothing I could do to bring her back. Mother left my room, after I promised to get ready for the burial, I wipe my eyes, But it was still red, and swollen. About to take my shower, my phone beeped and I fumbled for it, a text message from an unknown sender. "That's weird" I whispered. "You are next ~joker" Fear gripped my heart, now, I was so sure Daniella was murdered.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Event... By Gothblackgirl by Gothblackgal(f): 6:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
"The Event" CHAPTER THREE "This isn't happening" I whispered in despair, my phone slipped out of my hands and crashed to the floor, an ugly crack line disfigured the device, but I didn't care. Slowly, I sat up, looking from the left to the right, as if being watched, I felt uncomfortable, I wasn't safe. The rays of light shone into my room, I was running late. The name "joker" sounded awfully familiar, and only one person, that I knew of was associated with it. "Jok... Joker... Daniella?" I said. Daniella was a big fan of the Joker from Batman, and loved the card game even more. But Daniella couldn't have been joker, that was impossible, she was dead. ********** I sat beside my mother at church. She wore a black floral dress, some high heels, and some red lipstick graced her lips, even sorrow wouldn't make my mother look like a mess. A giant photo of Daniella was placed on the brown coffin in the church, she had the prettiest smile, but then, the wind that was once refreshing tickled my body, my best friend was dead. "- Take me home Lord, Take me home-" The choir sang, their voiced were so soothing, that even just for a minute, I forgot that I might be murdered soon... Chiamaka and Susie sat at the front seats, very close to Mrs Kayibi's seat, Daniella's mother. The woman had been very quite, and lifeless, a hollow body, witnessing the burial of her only child. Chiamaka looked behind, and finally caught my stare, she smiled and waved, but I looked away, I was in no position to be questioned about my absence in school. Daniella couldn't have sent the mail, there must have been someone playing games with our lives, a close friend. The person could be anyone, and my curiosity deepened. I heard footstep coming into the church, I looked behind, and I saw a young girl, about my age being assisted into the church, she was on a wheelchair. Even though she couldn't walk, she was a sight to behold, very innocent and fragile, she entered the church with a smile, perhaps she forgot it was a burial. But, I must have seen her before. She played with her hair and bit her tongue, my eyes stared in horror, oh no, Sumayah was back in town. Sumayag grew up in Crescent Estate as well as we all grew up, but she had magnetic fingers, and our mothers had asked us to stay away from her. She was never really our friend, though she begged, not wanting a thief as a friend, Daniella, Susie, Chiamaka and I thought of an idea. If she wanted to be our friend, she had to be "initiated". Unfortunately, we were nine years old at that time, and she was determined, she succeeded in all of our initiations. It wasn't easy for us to disobey our parents, besides we didn't like her, so we hope she would give up. The last initiation mission was thought of by Daniella, and believe me, it was one crazy idea. "If you really wanna be our friend" Nine year old Daniella said. "Climb Anork" she continued. Anork was a very large mango tree outside our Estate, and was believed to be possessed by evil spirits. "But Daniella" I said to Danny then. "Let her do it Bisi, she is probably gonna run off, no one is crazy enough to try it, not even her" Daniella explained and smiled, I nodded, but I knew it was wrong. Daniella was wrong though, Sumayah was crazy and did climb that tree, Daniella was astonished that day, she was quiet and annoyed. I was quite happy Sumayah didn't give up, she was darn determined, but my happiness was short lived. We all witnessed her climbing, she grunted as she climbed the tree, a tree that large was too much for a nine year old, she finally got up and we applauded her. She smiled and sat down confidently on a large branch, after awhile the branch began to lose strength. "Help me!" Was the last thing I heard, it happened so fast, she fell to the hard, stony ground. Ever since, the other kids further made fun of her and called her "wheels" or "Wheel chair Sumayah. Few months passed, and she travelled abroad, and was never heard of, till today. She looked better than ever, and sat at the far end of the church. I looked behind to clarify if it were really her, she gave me a cold grin, yeah, that was Sumayah, that innocent girl, whose life we ruined.

please comment!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Event... By Gothblackgirl by ClassCaptain(m): 11:24am On Oct 08, 2016
Kudos dear
Re: The Event... By Gothblackgirl by garex: 1:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
my dear, we might not be commenting, but believe me, we are reading n enjoying ur lovely story. pls don't kip ur audience on suspense for so long
Re: The Event... By Gothblackgirl by Missmossy(f): 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
Interesting piece keep it coming cheesy who is the cold blooded killed?? Eager to know.
Re: The Event... By Gothblackgirl by Gothblackgal(f): 6:10am On Oct 25, 2016
greatness22:

I will, I'm kinda hung up on school right now, but you will soon see updates soon.
Re: The Event... By Gothblackgirl by Gothblackgal(f): 6:11am On Oct 25, 2016
greatness22:

I will, I'm kinda hung up on school right now, but you will soon see updates.
Re: The Event... By Gothblackgirl by marcusagrippa(m): 6:57am On Oct 25, 2016
Following.

(1) (Reply)

The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect / Taboo. / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie says Meghan should be made HEAD of the commonwealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.