Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos (36484 Views)

10 Worst Things About Moving Back To Nigeria / 5 Solid Truths About Living In Abuja / 5 Things To Remember When Living Alone In Lagos For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by FunkyMetahuman: 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
They say humans are social animals, they can't live alone. But you can live pretty well by yourself. I tell ya, instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself.
Faye Valentine

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by Eberex(m): 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
I live alone , no issue. why are u comparing your lifestyle with others? shior

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by FroshGirl(m): 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
nice one!!
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by Aroh48(m): 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
Op ur number 3 is on point.I do waste a lot of foods bc am not always at home.Sometimes,I distribute d foods to my neighbours children,still yet there is stil wastage.
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by Julietcutie(f): 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
grin... nice but it applies in every other locations
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by Shawlambivert(m): 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
Team #ILoveStayingAlone

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by oluwasegun007(m): 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
guywitzerogal:
gay insight Op run for ur life

lol
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by seyiaa: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
A qualified and an experienced Lagos secondary school teacher is needed urgently at the college. Qualification is minimum of B. Ed and years of experience. Send your cover letter and/or resume to info@standardfoundationschools.co or aakpu@standardfoundationschools.
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by seyiaa: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
A qualified and an experienced Lagos secondary school teacher is needed urgently at the college. Qualification is minimum of B. Ed and years of experience. Send your cover letter and/or resume to info@standardfoundationschools.co or aakpu@standardfoundationschools.
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by Aroh48(m): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
richidinho:
As a guy you are at risk of Lagos marriage, she can pack in anytime her aunty provokes her grin
nice one bros,God really save for this aspect.
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
such is life
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by xtervaganza(m): 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
I have had people live with me and I have lived alone before and I must say it's 5000000× better to live alone in your own separate apartment

You read when you want to

You watch the channel you want on dstv

Your babe will have her freedom(before I got married my babes and I have sex everywhere in the house and she walks around in her panties grin )

Your stuffs last longer

And you have less headache

Even your relationship with your friends is better. Once a friend starts living with you he will inconvenient you in many ways and it may later strain the friendship.

There's no better friendship than when you're living separately and doing well in life. You can just put a call to him and hang out then retire to your respective places

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by Equiano: 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
living alone is awesome, when I feel bored I usually play my pes game, dance to my favourite music tracks or just drive to the mall to look around and window shop. I DON'T WASTE FOOD!

5 Likes

Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by nedu2000(m): 9:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
richidinho:
As a guy you are at risk of Lagos marriage, she can pack in anytime her aunty provokes her grin
goodness,i'm in exactly the same wahala now.she's consuming all my food too

1 Like

Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by mylove4God(f): 9:30pm On Sep 22, 2016
bqlekan:
My name is Ijenichor, my food don't waste grin

Wooow.. You just reminded me of one of my favourites story from my primary school Oxford English reader. Ijenicho, the tiny animal that never gets satisfied with food grin grin
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by Bondesniger(m): 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2016
for the stingy guy all that option do not work oo
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by greggng: 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2016
Any lady tired of living alone? Can I come and join u? Don't be shy cos am harmless. I agree with the op when it comes to emergency. I nearly died one day cos I was sick in the middle of the night and no one to help out. I decided to call my gf and she kept on giving me words of encouragement till day break. It was not funny at all
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by bqlekan(m): 9:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
mylove4God:

Wooow.. You just reminded me of one of my favourites story from my primary school Oxford English reader. Ijenicho, the tiny animal that never gets satisfied with food grin grin

wow! finally, someone who knows the story.. but I'm the real life ijenichor grin

1 Like

Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by sbabimbola(f): 9:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
Revolva:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/worst-things-living-alone-lagos/

It is harder to deal with emergencies
Life is unpredictable and sometimes, things do not happen the way you plan them. Even worse, you may find yourself in horrible situations where you realize your survival may depend on the help or even just presence of another being. Imagine a situation where you have an allergy attack or a heart attack in the middle of the night and you are alone with no one to assist you; you may not make it to the next morning. With a roommate or flatmate, however, you have someone readily available to raise alarm when needed and a caregiver for times when you are just too sick to cater for yourself.

This saved my life.
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by PETUK(m): 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2016
Revolva:

. How can i be lonely in the most populated state in the country?

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by nickvanilla(m): 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
There's nothing bad about living alone. If u can afford it, why not?
As for me i am very wary of people so i can't take the risk of sharing rent with someone

1 Like

Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by sbabimbola(f): 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
Revolva:

It is harder to deal with emergencies
Life is unpredictable and sometimes, things do not happen the way you plan them. Even worse, you may find yourself in horrible situations where you realize your survival may depend on the help or even just presence of another being. Imagine a situation where you have an allergy attack or a heart attack in the middle of the night and you are alone with no one to assist you; you may not make it to the next morning. With a roommate or flatmate, however, you have someone readily available to raise alarm when needed and a caregiver for times when you are just too sick to cater for yourself.

This saved my life. Healthy relationships help a lot.........

Healthy distance makes a whole lot of sense too.......

find time to bond over the weekend.....
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by metorichmond(m): 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
Oga u just lied... the reverse is the case for me.
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by ikorodureporta: 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
Not only Lagos dwellers feel all these. My former neghbour's sister travelld abroad with her spouse, & within a few months she was crying to come back to naija due to loneliness......

...Meanwhile, u'v got time for yrsef.............. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
Something I'm even seriously thinking of doing come ending of next month...

See don't spoil show for us biko...grin
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by seenter84: 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
U go self-service tire. Vaseline crew people way day live alone know as e day go.
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by gidjah(m): 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hmmmm...been living alone all my life until NOW!'kinda love it that way ,still will wanna live alone forever
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by ArabMopol(m): 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2016
in emergency I call God, in sharing bills my girlfriend will contribute because I temporary share the apartment with her, grin grin
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by lozanni(m): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lolz.
I had a friend who was forced to marry his sweetheart much quicker than he planned; his reason for doing so was due to a bad experience he had while living alone. The friend fell ill and there was no one to get him to hospital or even get food for him, his saving grace was a friend who visited and seeing his sick condition,drove him to a clinic and later on made sure he was.adequately fed.
Re: The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos by ifenes(m): 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
ihatebuhari:
everyday Of my life, I do thank jah for making me to live in this heaven London

imagine how my life would have been in hell Lagos?

God i thank u and my Edo lovely mum

London is too noisy don't you think? Try Essex,which is more peaceful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison / Taxi Driver Returns Passenger's Phone And Money, Rejects N10k Gift / End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.