Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog (16891 Views)

Nigerian Passport Ranked Among Countries With Least Powerful Passports / 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter / See The Official Cost Of A Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by Richy4(m): 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
The major reason was number 2...

The one they call Nigerian scam.... even when perpetrators were not Nigerians.... that name alone destroyed the whole thing...

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by dabongys: 1:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
Victorakats:
I agree with your article but I don't believe that my passport is what gives me my identity, my content and personality is my greatest marketing strategy and not an identity card!!

Bro, your point is valid. But don't forget; your passport is first seen before you are given an opportunity to show the type of person you are.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
OP point of correction,Nigerian passport has never commanded respect for once.Well,you might be right;probably in your dreams.
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by weezii(m): 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
Corruption.

Meanwhile

1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by chubbygal(f): 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
That's not true
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by sanspiffy(m): 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
I for one was really considering not changing my citizenship or have dual citizenship as a nigerian, because I thought I was being "patriotic" till I went to prague carrying with a Nigerian passport. The humiliation I got at the airport in Prague coupled with my mates taking the piss opened my eyes to reality

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 23, 2016
Rubbish!

Our passport has no respect because we all allow the harassment and humiliation by immigration authorities at various airports.

Imagine what would happen if there were several cases of Nigerians refusing to be treated differently from every normal person passing through immigration around the world.

Our useless Foreign Ministry would have no choice but to step in and demand that we are treated equally.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by ceeethru(m): 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2016
5. When the president goes around telling the entire world Nigerians are fantastically corrupt so they see everyone as criminals... smh

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by samuelchimmy(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
Victorakats:
I agree with your article but I don't believe that my passport is what gives me my identity, my content and personality is my greatest marketing strategy and not an identity card!!

For sex counselling, visit www.amaraofficial.com today!!!
well your passport first tells who you are

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by samuelchimmy(m): 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
ceeethru:
5. When the president go around telling the entire world Nigerians are fantastically corrupt so they see everyone as criminals... smh
lols

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by banmee(m): 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
bolt000:
2 And 3 can be solely blamed on our govt..
#ChangeBeginsWithMe

Everyone in Nigeria is to blame.
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by samuelchimmy(m): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
samuelchimmy:
lols
yes front page at last, I dedicate this thread to my fellow original content writers, thank you lala
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by samuelchimmy(m): 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
Scapetta:

If you don't help yourself who will help you?
how do you mean
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by JayJustus(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
ayomidan:
Some of this listed might be reasons behind the end of USA visa lottery in 9ja..God should just help us in redeeming this country and bring back the past glory

...the reason why Nigeria, South Korea, Mexico and the likes are not participating in the DV lottery is cos they have exceeded the 50,000 immigrant limit...

it's not cos of the bad image :/

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by vindisick: 3:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
Victorakats:

For sex counselling, visit www.amaraofficial.com today!!!
you think say na by mouth?
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by dsekist(m): 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
Its time we look beyond the container(passport) and be interested in the content..[color=#770077][/color]
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by Litmus: 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2016
Many nations beat Nigeria in all those vices numbered and i assume their passports respected world wide. I'm sure Somali, Zimbabwean and Ethiopian passports are more respected than Nigerian passport irrespective of the fact that citizens of those nations are more likely to abscond into the societies of Nations abroad that let them in. India and Pakistan vices for instance beat Nigeria ones but presumably their passports are more respected than Nigeria's passport. May i therefor suggest that if Nigeria passport lacks credibility it is more likely to do with the fact that Nigeria passport is easily obtained by Africans from Mali to Central Africa? Nigeria's passport is West Africa passport, which is why all prostitutes and criminals from West Africa are "Nigerians"

If you own a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport and threw the keys to anyone in the neighborhood who wants to go for a spin in it, eventually people will treat the car with contempt and yet tiptoe around the Peugeot 504 of the guy down the road who polishes his car everyday and shouts at kids not to touch his car's paintwaork.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by nicemajor(m): 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pablo Escobar
Drug lord of our time
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by erimmy(m): 4:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
Op,the pics you are using is that of the old MRP passport .Nigeria now has a new electronic passport. Check my signature to get one
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
Perhaps Nigerians misunderstand CHANGE.. change is not modification.. it is DEATH, BURIAL and RESURRECTION. NIGERIA NEEDS TO DIE before True Change can happen. We keep wasting our thoughts on Leaders who have ruled and failed this country the last 50 years and Hope that CHANGE will happen.. HOW?.
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by DeRay98(m): 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2016
Victorakats:

It only means you're not an international traveller. Internationally, across airports, your passport is your identity. Immigration officers don't care who you claim you are but who your passport shows you to be and reputation your fellow citizens have earned for your passport.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by grandlexuz(m): 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
ayomidan:
Some of this listed might be reasons behind the end of USA visa lottery in 9ja..God should just help us in redeeming this country and bring back the past glory

Not at all. Dv lottery ended for Nigerians because more than 50.000 Nigerians have emigrated to the US over the last few years.
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by Ugosample(m): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
Litmus:
Many nations beat Nigeria in all those vices numbered and i assume their passports respected world wide. I'm sure Somali, Zimbabwean and Ethiopian passports are more respected than Nigerian passport irrespective of the fact that citizens of those nations are more likely to abscond into the societies of Nations abroad that let them in. India and Pakistan vices for instance beat Nigeria ones but presumably their passports are more respected than Nigeria's passport. May i therefor suggest that if Nigeria passport lacks credibility it is more likely to do with the fact that Nigeria passport is easily obtained by Africans from Mali to Central Africa? Nigeria's passport is West Africa passport, which is why all prostitutes and criminals from West Africa are "Nigerians"

If you own a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport and threw the keys to anyone in the neighborhood who wants to go for a spin in it, eventually people will treat the car with contempt and yet tiptoe around the Peugeot 504 of the guy down the road who polishes his car everyday and shouts at kids not to touch his car's paintwaork.

But now that the Nigerian passport is biometric, it is hard for anyone to just get it like that.
That used to happen in the past.
But why do theu all want to use our kpali in the first place?
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by Ugosample(m): 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
nyben4eva:
OP point of correction,Nigerian passport has never commanded respect for once.Well,you might be right;probably in your dreams.

You are wrong on this one.
My grand parents travelled to UK WITHOUT having to apply and suffer for the visa.
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by ernieboy(m): 11:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
queenmonalisa01:
one think about to other countries they are really good at tagging Nigeria for bad stuff. the thing is there are pretty good stuffs Nigeria have done for them too.
like?
Re: 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog by buzzbuss: 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
samuelchimmy:

https://chimmysblog./2016/09/22/%e2%80%8b5-reasons-why-the-nigerian-passport-no-longer-command-respect/

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Feared Dead, Cars Burnt As Tanker Explodes In Abeokuta, Ogun State / Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport / Tribute To 6 Seminarians Who Died In Accident 2 Years Ago By Noel Ify Alomona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.