Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,242 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread (12590 Views)

Updates From The IPOB Declared Sit-At-Home Protest (Pictures) / #ondodecides: Ondo State Governorship Election Monitoring/live Report Thread / Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by mrvitalis(m): 11:00am On Sep 23, 2016
drss2:
dis ur mentality saying south east gov or nass members should be d ones at d forefront agitating for biafra is ancient n lacks modern revolutionary movement rules. who told u we need govs to free biafra dont u know dat as long as 99% of us belief in a cause we have every right to pursue it wether our govs like it or not d gov ar there to serve us n if we d pipul want out of d cess pit call nigeria, we have every right to campaign for our freedom. we d pipul are d government itself, not d oda way round.
Biafra is d struggle of d pipul not govs, senators or any individual for dat matter.
#FreeNnamdiKanu
If everyone start speaking for themselves in a country Then that's a recipe for trouble
The political office holders are the representative of the people and they are the one anyone who want to know the need of the people will ask questions... If u vote people who Dont represent ur interest who is to be blamed
Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 23, 2016
evilapc:
A friend from PH just whatssaped me "It is Biafra Day "and wish me "Happy Biafra Day".
hahahah

it's not biafra day, its seat at home protest

everywhere is shut down, to get a cap to work is wahala

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Unimaginable123: 11:03am On Sep 23, 2016
Ajibel:

No mind am. Back then when I was there, we had a Yoruba community with an Oba. We do congregate too for events albeit in a low scale. We mingled with the Igbos. I knew of two Igbos who married Yoruba Muslims doe I'll include they got so much resentments from some of their family members.

What I knew was that some Igbos resented the Hausas. It was when I came online after leaving the East that I found out that some share same feelings towards the Yorubas. It doubled after the 2015 elections.

I'm not bothered. I speak Yoruba and Igbo and can blend freely with any of the tribe.

I am for peace. I am pro Nigeria.
no, leave online comments. igbos and yorubas are cool. we are brothers. but as for igbo/hausa, the hatred is real and mutual.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Chigold101(m): 11:05am On Sep 23, 2016
uduak2016:
This is special day for me and my family. I bought 2 cartons of Biaffran Hero beer for this evening. Told my wife to prepare nkwobi and esi ewu. Inviting all my neighbors except afonjas!
you just messed up everything by calling hero biafran hero.
Google it; hero beer has been in existence for over 100years and using the same logo.
Hero beer is a south african investment that is using our biafran struggle to make gains by making some ignorant biafrans think they are our beer.

Hero beer is not a friend of biafra just they are in a biafran land.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Horllamideh(m): 11:05am On Sep 23, 2016
Seems imo/owerri is the only one left out....had to go teach again today.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by lionduke(m): 11:06am On Sep 23, 2016
God bless Ojukwu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 23, 2016
OsuIbo:
The guy you quoted is not Yoruba. I am Yoruba and I support the Biafra agitation 100%. I sincerely pray that the ibos have their desired Biafra country very very very soon.
its not only ibo bro!

igbo is just a language

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Kamanuozuzu: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2016
#TODAY_NA_TODAY!!!

This is one of the most popular and busies roads, (OKPORO ROAD) in Igweocha aka Port-Harcourt. Shops are under lock n key.

Long live #Biafra
Long live the Hero of our time, Nnamdi Kanu

8 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 23, 2016
[s]
Unimaginable123:
no, leave online comments. igbos and yorubas are cool. we are brothers. but as for igbo/hausa, the hatred is real and mutual.[/s]
no tribe in Nigeria is cool with the igbo's, even your closes neighbour from the south south ain't

Stop deceiving yourself

have fun
Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Chigold101(m): 11:11am On Sep 23, 2016
Laveda:
What's the essece of staying at home? For all I know this won't put food on anyone's table..

must all u do in life be cos of food?
No wonder Nigeria is in this trouble. Every politician in Nigeria actually thinks like you. Thinking like children. Children only think about food,food and food.

Nwanyi biko grow up before u eat poison.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Idrismusty97(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2016
They thought they are making some impact, If not for Nairaland i wouldn't even know. They can continue sitting.... Life goes on for the rest of Nigeria. That's was how they brag about the protest, any unsuspecting Nairalanders will think it is the end of the world. But slowly and surely they creep back to their shops, to normal business and life goes on cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Unimaginable123: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2016
Lucaz:
[s] no tribe in Nigeria is cool with the igbo's, even your closes neighbour from the south south ain't

Stop deceiving yourself

have fun
very funny. i hear you
Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Emancipation: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2016
Lucaz:
[s] no tribe in Nigeria is cool with the igbo's, even your closes neighbour from the south south ain't

Stop deceiving yourself

have fun

Thats even more reason to support biafrans to leave. Dont you thinks so?

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Unimaginable123: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2016
Idrismusty97:
They thought they are making some impact, If not for Nairaland i wouldn't even know. They can continue sitting.... Life goes on for the rest of Nigeria.
who cares if you know or not

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by iconaus: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2016
we love what is happening in SE / SS . it is time to go . Arrest of Nnandi Kanu fueled biafra agitation . Nnandi Kanu started broadcasting since 2009 and was vocal against GEJ and was in Nigeria every 30 May for Biafran day but was not arrested by Gej . Buhari made a big mistake by arresting Nnadi kanu -- he is just a freedom fighter and tells the truth about Nigeria .

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Chigold101(m): 11:16am On Sep 23, 2016
mordsith:
here in uyo the state government has declared work free day. Today is the Akwa Ibom state anniversary.
SERIOUSE?
So Akwa Ibom government supports Biafran struggle.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Emancipation: 11:17am On Sep 23, 2016
Idrismusty97:
They thought they are making some impact, If not for Nairaland i wouldn't even know. They can continue sitting.... Life goes on for the rest of Nigeria. That's was how they brag about the protest, any unsuspecting Nairalanders will think it is the end of the world. But slowly and surely they creep back to their shops, to normal business and life goes on cheesy.

You are not their target audience obviously....The people that matter are sitting at home. no need for attention seeking comments.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Kamanuozuzu: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2016
We are formidable. Don't doubt our resolve.

This is just the beginning... Ubani Market, Umuahia, Abia State.

Freedom for #NnamdiKanu
Freedom for #Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2016
Emancipation:

who told you I don't support them?

I want them to leave this contraption asap, who doesn't want to be independent of their own?

I'm against you hand piking tribs cool with igbos, none are
Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 23, 2016
Unimaginable123:
very funny. i hear you
fact bro!
Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Alcatraz003: 11:21am On Sep 23, 2016
Emancipation:

Mr emancipation, i saw your earlier post where you claimed that i have been making sarcastic comments on the biafra struggle.

The truth is that even the Igbos themselve know that of the three major groups, they are of less significance and this is the major cause of the agitation. There is no point adding salt to the wounds of Igbos by overstating this. We have crossed that bridge. Where we are now is the processes and modalities for the actualization of biafra. Any other thing is a distraction.

Majority of yorubas sympathise with the igbos and wish you success on your quest.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Idrismusty97(m): 11:21am On Sep 23, 2016
Unimaginable123:
who cares if you know or not
Nobody cares, And that's the point. Even if i have genuine intention for Biafra nobody cares if i care. The world doesn't, To the world this is just some insignificant squealing between sections of the nation that doesn't warrant any serious attention. The recent Oromo protest in Ethiopia is even gaining more momentum than Biafra that as started for decades. Even the Shiites protest. You may want to act tough but if nobody even cares if i cared then you have a problem. You don't have the world solidarity, That is the only catalyst for the Biafra struggle.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Kamanuozuzu: 11:29am On Sep 23, 2016
This is Ariaria International Market, Aba. People are playing football on the ever busy A-line. The zoo Must fall, Biafra all the way.

Free #NnamdiKanu

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Ababadada: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2016
adonis89:
greetings from an Ijaw BIAFRAN to all ipob out there. kip on kippin on
Ijaw? My brother I totally back the biafra movement. ONE LOVE!!

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Emancipation: 11:36am On Sep 23, 2016
Alcatraz003:

Mr emancipation, i saw your earlier post where you claimed that i have been making sarcastic comments on the biafra struggle.

The truth is that even the Igbos themselve know that of the three major groups, they are of less significance and this is the major cause of the agitation. There is no point adding salt to the wounds of Igbos by overstating this. We have crossed that bridge. Where we are now is the processes and modalities for the actualization of biafra. Any other thing is a distraction.

Majority of yorubas sympathise with the igbos and wish you success on your quest.

Igbos are not less significant in any shape or form. God forbid. They have succeeded as a group under circumstances that most other Nigerian groups will become extinct. They have gained political power in all Merit based societies in the West. Because igbo masses refuse to bend over for the Hausa-fulani oligarchy doesnt mean that they are not good in politics. In the East, Igbos are their own government and do almost everything for themelves without any political favors. Thats why the need for political seat is less because the average person dont depend on Government for anything.

As for your claim that majority of Yorubas sympathize with Igbos agitation, It is just simply a BIg LIE. Have you seen comments on Nairaland, facebook, twitter, comment sections of online news etc. Yorubas are the most resistant to the biafran movement. Even start from this thread.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 23, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Nobody cares, And that's the point. Even if i have genuine intention for Biafra nobody cares if i care. The world doesn't, To the world this is just some insignificant squealing between sections of the nation that doesn't warrant any serious attention. The recent Oromo protest in Ethiopia is even gaining more momentum than Biafra that as started for decades. Even the Shiites protest. You may want to act tough but if nobody even cares if i cared then you have a problem. You don't have the world solidarity, That is the only catalyst for the Biafra struggle.

If you had any sense, you will know that Nigeria is loosing Billions in Naira already. Igbos that are meant to come and buy goods in places like Lagos, Kano and Maidugiri are not coming? Need I expatiate further?

Cone Head!

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Kamanuozuzu: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2016
More pics from Ariaria International Market, Aba, Abia State....

If 40million Biafrans can sit at home today, that means we speak the mind of our people. This solidarity is unprecedented.

Viva Biafra!
#FreeNnamdiKanu

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by hamilton62(m): 11:45am On Sep 23, 2016
mrvitalis:
even if u don't support biafra because I believe we igbos have more to gain in one Nigeria than any other tribe

Even if u want to get Biafra definitely not like this.. . No body will take u serious like this

Form a political party. .. With the clear aim of liberating Biafra.. If the fight is popular
The party will easily win a clear majority of sites in the region... Then with the recognised representative of the people demand for referendum... they no burn Nigeria well to say no... .

But no... They don't like this natural approach. . Nigeria is not democratic.. But u want it to democratically give u referendum and allow u protest

Stupidity is when u shout Biafra and still vote in Nigerian election

As for nnamdi Kanu. . He is just a greedy man.. who want to milk the people... He is very smart I must confese. .. he knows what he is doing and that is not getting Biafra

Y can't we hold our governors, senators, reps members to speak on Biafra.. .. . No they won't. .. But yet ipob supports them... Don't that ring a bell?
what have you done to help your people?
Why don't we know you for all the goodies that your finger typed?
Do you need our finance before your fame flood the whole places that you've stood and spoke for the interest of your people?
Since, you aren't known to be that good Samarithan, that means you have been frolicking with the corrupt then why open your mouth to call he who has paid a price for his people greedy?
Your greed is the the apex of the dark angels.
People like you think you are smart because yoi sweet talk but that's not smartness but blabbing!
Who are you?
We want to know so we can pass the verdict.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by drss2(m): 11:48am On Sep 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

U don't want to determine who governs Nigeria but care to determine who govern a state

If there was a Biafra party that had control of the South East... . They can now negotiate with the other national party. . To help them get Biafra.. . Lobbying is no sin we igbos are not smart politically
which party ar u talking about wen there is IPOB
IPOB is our party.
#FreeNnamdiKanu

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by hamilton62(m): 11:49am On Sep 23, 2016
Lucaz:

Stop deceiving yourself

have fun
let them be the judge and not you.
I also hope they are too cool with yours?
Still on a pre-medieval ideology of divide and rule.
How many of your kinsmen are cool with you?

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Kamanuozuzu: 11:57am On Sep 23, 2016
UK Biafrans currently gathering at the Amnesty International Office in London.

More pics coming....

Biafra all the way!
#FreeNnamdiKanu

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 23, 2016
What is going on in this thread is similar to treasonable felony. Planning against the Nigerian state is not allowed in the Constitution. The Igbo's need to realize that unity is the key to obtaining development. America instead of breaking up decided to Unite and form a powerful and developed country. Nigeria is the next big power to emerge from Africa. We need all regions of the country to contribute it's qouta to hasten development. The British Empire merged us because of the diversity and potentials we have which shows we have a promising future. Biafra is not what the Igbo's should demand but presidency so they can have a sense of inclusion in the Nigerian project. Stop demanding biafra if you don't want buhari to unleash the full military might of the FG on the entire southeast. A word is enough for the wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Banks Aid Looters - EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu / Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government / Kwankwaso, Ganduje Set To Hold Parallel Rally In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.