Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil (9963 Views)

Peter Obi On Biafra: "IPOB Agitation Won't End By Army Crackdown, Quote Me" / Paris Club Refund: Governors Resolve To Offset All Outstanding Consultants’ Fees / Panama: Documents Counter David Mark’s Denial Of Secret Assets In Tax Havens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by hustla(m): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2016
Lukmann1:
even they are collecting the tax money, it will still be stealed and shared between themselves, thief politicians.

It will be stealed

Smh, no wonder
You need to go back to school and slap your English teacher

1 Like

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by funkyibodude(m): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2016
undecided
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by macaranta(m): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2016
Okay
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by sanandreas(m): 8:31am On Sep 23, 2016
People are not willing to pay tax because they provide Virtually everything for themselves. Water , power shelter. Name it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by princemillla(m): 8:31am On Sep 23, 2016
angry
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Tedassie(m): 8:31am On Sep 23, 2016
luminouz:
FTC Babe....its luminous!
Modified! 2 others before me? Will get there soon
Your first comment in over 8yrs of membership.

LOL
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by BarryX(m): 8:32am On Sep 23, 2016
2kass:
Fowler my man.... you set a table before Ambode.... you created the new Lagos.
You are a genius
Genius ke?

You people can sing praises sha

1 Like

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by idupaul: 8:36am On Sep 23, 2016
Justiceleague1:
And the op said the visionless fg is diversify...diversifying by looking for tax payers or for firms who didnt pay tax! What happened to diversifying into productive areas and sector that will gainfully involve nigerians? This govt is self serving and the most clueless on earth!

Spot on ...this silly govt is ready to milk it's citizens just so they can survive . So what happens when a lot of companies declare red as is already the case and can't pay thier tax . We need to get productive because over taxing your already impoverished country is not diversification in any way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Justiceleague1: 8:37am On Sep 23, 2016
hustla:

It will be stealed
Smh, no wonder
You need to go back to school and slap your English teacher
don't waste your mb over that guy,he does it,i mean he 'gbagauns' deliberately,its a show. grin

Goke7:

So its good not to pay tax abi? Any business not paying tax does not deserve to be in operation. awoof de run belle.

Na mouth we get for naija, tax we no dey pay.

nobody is saying that,stop misquoting people...however,read between the lines of vvv and understand..

nyben4eva:
In sane countries,citizens pay their taxes without having double thoughts of how the money generated from taxes would be used,but here in Nigeria the case is different because our wayward leaders will use our hard earned money to enrich themselves and cronies thereby making big fools out of tax payers.
Give me a good reason why I should pay my tax when I don't have access to good roads,electricity,healthcare,security etc.Taxation in Nigeria remains a scam because the common man doesn't benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by gretblue: 8:40am On Sep 23, 2016
This is the way to go. Especially to those Indian and Lebanese companies. They made billions in Nigeria and they pay little or nothing as tax.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Youngzedd(m): 8:42am On Sep 23, 2016
This guys should just make this tax of a time factory reset.

That's to say, everyone will start paying for tax started from January.

This is because sellers do not include the 5% VAT on their commodities, asking them to come and pay for money they don't have is very silly.

Nigerians are not even suppose to pay tax, because it won't benefit the masses.
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Youngzedd(m): 8:45am On Sep 23, 2016
morscino:
Trust me owners of these companies would be the first to tell u Nigeria is a failed state but on the real,they are the failure in the Nation.

Tax evasion is a punishable offence anywhere in the world,you can ask wesley snipes and Lionel messi.

Spare us that bull crap.

All the ones they have been collecting where is it?

Tell me just one thing you benefit from being a Nigerian?

Upon all the taxes.

2 Likes

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 23, 2016
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
morscino:
Trust me owners of these companies would be the first to tell u Nigeria is a failed state but on the real,they are the failure in the Nation.

Tax evasion is a punishable offence anywhere in the world,you can ask wesley snipes and Lionel messi.
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 23, 2016
many thing bro
Youngzedd:

Spare us that bull crap.

Upon all the taxes.
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Youngzedd(m): 8:49am On Sep 23, 2016
amoduokoh:
many thing bro

List it.

We pay for darkness
We pay for our water
We pay sanitation levies when everywhere is dirty
We pay fuel at a very high price
We don't have access to basic things of life

I am waiting to see your lists.
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by nedu2000(m): 8:52am On Sep 23, 2016
Goke7:

So its good not to pay tax abi? Any business not paying tax does not deserve to be in operation. awoof de run belle.

awoof how? Did the govt give me anything?did they in anyway help me to erect my biz?
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Youngzedd(m): 8:54am On Sep 23, 2016
Justiceleague1:
And the op said the visionless fg is diversifying...diversifying by looking for tax payers or for firms who didnt/don't pay tax! Nobody is encouraging tha but what happened to diversifying into productive areas and sectors that will gainfully involve nigerians? This govt is self serving and the most clueless on earth!

I wonder Ooo.

Person wey never chop, dey pay tax?

Hunger is in the town and they wanna go after those who are struggling to survive then bill them.

This is craziest move ever.

The best thing to do is to waive it all and start a fresh.

1 Like

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by morscino: 8:55am On Sep 23, 2016
Youngzedd:

Spare us that bull crap.

Upon all the taxes.
It is in PEJ's account

to pay your tax is not by force,but by time u get persecuted...don't come here and accuse the govt of Tyranny.
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by BlackBaron: 8:59am On Sep 23, 2016
Even ancient civilizations are recorded to have paid tax. Yet Nigerians...

I'm open to tax BUT if the system is still going to be like this, well no. I can not be happy especially funding the bureaucrats and their current system with my taxpayers money.

I WANT ACCOUNTABILITY!
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Youngzedd(m): 8:59am On Sep 23, 2016
morscino:

It is in PEJ's account

to pay your tax is not by force,but by time u get persecuted...don't come here and accuse the govt of Tyranny.

Everyone will then shut down and let them rule themselves.

The best thing to do for Nigeria tax system is to waive it all and start a fresh, then do massive campaign on tax.

Don't tell me that someone who is struggling to feed the family will carry money give you for tax. Say weti happen.

Nigeria is so corrupt that the money they will generate from the tax will be Looted hence this old men ruling us are still there.
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by eplanning: 9:01am On Sep 23, 2016
hunt down, crack down, tighten, melt down, cut down, shut down.... that's all we've been hearing from this government. People are crying, companies are barely surving and rather than revive them, you are looking for more to cut out. What kind of wickedness is that?

Who has seen any account of spending of these recovered funds so far? Continue, you will soon beg.
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Youngzedd(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2016
nyben4eva:
In sane countries,citizens pay their taxes without having double thoughts of how the money generated from taxes would be used,but here in Nigeria the case is different because our wayward leaders will use our hard earned money to enrich themselves and cronies thereby making big fools out of tax payers.

Give me a good reason why I should pay my tax when I don't have access to good roads,electricity,healthcare,security etc.Taxation in Nigeria remains a scam because the common man doesn't benefit from it.

Kudos bro.

You nailed it. Anyone in this thread shouting pay tax and all this things are the problem of this nation. They are the ones that will collect the money at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Youngzedd(m): 9:05am On Sep 23, 2016
Goke7:

In developed world, when you pay for something you pay tax, how I ask you how many times have you purchased something and paid tax?

I buy from Amazon and paid tax, the tax is added on top of the total amount I paid.

Even you are an offender grin

1 Like

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by teemy(m): 9:32am On Sep 23, 2016
it was just a matter of time before we got to this. the question is who acts first. the govt who should show effectiveness, prudence and accountability in managing taxes or the citizens should pay first to make funds available to govt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by teemy(m): 9:36am On Sep 23, 2016
another point when people say 'our money' i keep telling them it is not your money else you would know whom your local government chairmen and councellors are. maybe this tax implication would liven people up to oversee voted managers of the economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by teemy(m): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2016
the govt has not been performing because the people do not expect and the people do not expect because they have no invested interests (taxes). now it is easy to see the pains of niger deltans who are the land owners for the money nigeria spent.
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by ephi123(f): 9:53am On Sep 23, 2016
Justiceleague1:
And the op said the visionless fg is diversifying...diversifying by looking for tax payers or for firms who didnt/don't pay tax! Nobody is encouraging tha but what happened to diversifying into productive areas and sectors that will gainfully involve nigerians? This govt is self serving and the most clueless on earth!

I didn't realize cracking down on tax evasion is now classified as diversification shocked there is nothing one won't see on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Goke7: 10:06am On Sep 23, 2016
nedu2000:
awoof how? Did the govt give me anything?did they in anyway help me to erect my biz?

don't pay tax nah, when they hold you cry witch-hunt or marginalization you hear?
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by temeem: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2016
They should create an avenue through which people can report firm and individuals who don't pay taxes.

Some companies deduct taxes from the workers but fail to remitt same to government coffers.

1 Like

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Goke7: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2016
Youngzedd:

In developed world, when you pay for something you pay tax, how I ask you how many times have you purchased something and paid tax?

I buy from Amazon and paid tax, the tax is added on top of the total amount I paid.

Even you are an offender grin

if am an offender, then am ready to face the music bruv. being a responsible citizen starts by paying my tax. Its only a thug that will disagree with you

1 Like

Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Youngzedd(m): 10:17am On Sep 23, 2016
Goke7:

if am an offender, then am ready to face the music bruv. being a responsible citizen starts by paying my tax. Its only a thug that will disagree with you

Only when you know what the money will be used for.

In Nigeria it's something else.
Re: Diversification: Nigeria Hunts Down 700,000 Firms In Tax Crackdown To Offset Oil by Toay(m): 10:31am On Sep 23, 2016
temeem:
They should create an avenue through which people can report firm and individuals who don't pay taxes.

Some companies deduct taxes from the workers but fail to remitt same to government coffers.

I agree with you on this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Governors’ Body Language Unsettles Civil Servants / Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” / Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.