Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce (19334 Views)

Criticise But Don't Mock Our Anti-Graft War - Lai Mohammed Tells Media / Osinbajo, Malami, Magu, DSS Move To Save Anti-graft War / Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 23, 2016

Ben Bruce, senator representing Bayelsa east, on Thursday called on President Muhammadu Buhari to adjust his approach to the anti-corruption crusade, saying the policy was scaring investors.

Bruce, who disclosed this while contributing to the senate’s debate on the economic recession in the country, said Nigeria should not expect foreign investments as even local investors had stopped investing.

He said people who had money to invest were no longer doing so because the anti-graft agencies were harassing any person with cash transactions running into millions.

“Buhari’s approach to anti-corruption is wrong: let us forget the foreign investors, what about the local investors?” he said

“If people are afraid, they will not invest; fear will not be a policy to grow the economy.

“Money is a coward; it only goes to places where there is peace and tranquillity.

“I have a friend who paid legitimate N50 million into his account and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) came and picked him up.

“We cannot be afraid to be Nigerians; we cannot be afraid to live in our country.”

Bruce recalled that former President Olusegun Obasanjo also fought corruption but that his anti-corruption fight did not put fearin the minds of real investors.

He expressed support for Buhari’s anti-corruption fight but insisted that the approach should be changed to encourage investments.

https://www.thecable.ng/investors-scared-buharis-anti-graft-war-says-bruce?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1384646018

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 23, 2016
“I have a friend who paid legitimate N50 million into his account and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) came and picked him up.
Just as how they indicted PEJ of graft because she has some amounts of money in her account, even without identifying how she illegitimately sourced the money, not even an invitation for questionings on how she sourced the funds. Buhari has turned EFCC to a laughing stock.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by speedyconnect3: 7:59am On Sep 23, 2016
He don pay AMCON?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Mynd44: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

And after the friend was picked up and questioned was he released and allowed to go his way?

The EFCC has it in their statutes to question transactions above a certain amount. So what's so wrong there?

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2016
I have not seen one apc member that is arrested and detain like pmb and efcc are doing to non apc politicians.
Buhari witch-hunting is like in 1984 where some people with huge amount of money were allowed to go while some were arrested and detain without trial.

28 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Justiyke4u: 8:05am On Sep 23, 2016
I know some people will come and want to stone him to death but in a way he made sense especially the part he said something about being afraid in your own country

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by sarrki(m): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2016
Mr Ben

I admire your courage contributing to national issues

The local investors you are referring to are looters that

Have looted us dry

We need them to refund back the money to us

If this is what you mean

Then No way

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by funnynation(m): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2016
This one pass common sense! He's on point.. Outstanding statement..

I dey do evangelism last week with my
church members and my pastor, one
Prostitute waved at me
from the other side of the road & shouted
"Customer" are you coming in the evening
today? I just fainted!

*Nairaland official comedian* *Irep042* *AbjFinestMC* *CFR*

12 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by otukpo(f): 8:11am On Sep 23, 2016
I am not sure of this but i know his policies and body language are not investor friendly.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 23, 2016
Mynd44:
grin grin grin grin grin

And after the friend was picked up and questioned was he released and allowed to go his way?

The EFCC has it in their statutes to question transactions above a certain amount. So what's so wrong there?
Very silly, so you mean EFCC should go about interpallating and apprehending individuals because they have some amount of money for investment and other purposes with baseless graft criminations?

No wonder people like this voted in the certificateless cattle rearer.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by GoodofNaija: 8:22am On Sep 23, 2016
The twitter senator is gradually coming out in defence of his gang of thieves. grin grin grin

How can a sane human say investors are running away from an anticorruption friendly environment. Is that common sense

If you are an investor, would you carry your money to an unsafe corruption loving environment, where your funds/investments can be stolen without been curbed

This guy needs to be flogged I swear angry angry angry angry

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Mynd44: 8:23am On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
Very silly, so you mean EFCC should go about interpallating and apprehending individuals because they have some amount of money for investment and other purposes with baseless graft criminations?

No wonder people like this voted in the certificateless cattle rearer.
No. According to the anti-money laundering bill, and transfer of above a certain amount of money must be reported by the bank to the ICPC and EFCC. It is the law.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 23, 2016
sarrki:
Mr Ben

Have looted us dry

If this is what you mean

Then No way
What dry are you talking about?? how gullible to accede to the deceptive assertions of the govt that Nigeria is broke. For your information: Buhari’s 1 Year + In Office.

Buhari was handed over:
– $30billion in our Foreign Reserves,
– $2.5billion Sovereign Wealth Fund,
– $1.4billion in the ECA,
– $4.65b back taxes from NLNG.
– Buhari met an approved budget of N4.5trillion

Buhari received within a year:
– $2.7billion collected by Inland Revenue in his first 8 months.
– $2.1billion world bank loan.
– $850million Grants from UK, USA and Europe.
– 1.5trn saved from fuel subsidy removal
– Excluding crude oil sales, Joint Venture profits, Royalties, Income from Customs, NIMMSA, NPA, NACHO ……
– 3trilion on STA
not to include the “recovered” looted funds.

More than a year has passed:
1] Not a kilometer of road constructed,
2] Not a watt of Electricity generated,
3] Not a Ward added to any Hospital in Nigeria.
4] Not a job space created, except the CBN job he shared with his cronies.
5] Not a grain of corn or tomato seed was provided to farmers. [Fertilizer subsidy taken away and handed back to ex-military men] 6] 41 foreign companies mostly in service industry have left Nigeria
7] 4.3 Million jobs lost in 10months – National Bureau of Statistics.
8] Food scarcity last experienced in Nigeria between 1983 to 1985 returned back.
9] War on Corruption turned into war against his perceived enemies. Convictions by EFCC were cases meticulously started by previous govt(s). Buhari wins cases only on the pages of Newspapers.
10] Nigeria dropped from No.1 Investment destination in Africa to No.27 before South Sudan.
11] African Biggest economy shrink from a GDP of about 7% to -0.36%, the fastest decline in the world since record began.
12] No.3 fastest growing economy in the world to No.83 in 365days.

And I wonder why the president keeps giving the impression that the country is broke. The problem is not lack of funds, but lack of qualified individuals in the govt.

70 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 23, 2016
Mynd44:

No. According to the anti-money laundering bill, and trnsfer of abive a certain amount of money must be reported by the bank to the ICPC nad EFCC. It is the law.
This same anti laundering bill is not applicable to buhari's friends.Why is it so?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Mynd44: 8:30am On Sep 23, 2016
Love Machine:
This same anti laundering bill is not applicable to buhari's friends.Why is it so?
Lmaoooo

Who even told you that this friend of Senator Bruce is invoved in politics?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 23, 2016
GoodofNaija:
The twitter senator is gradually coming out in defence of his gang of thieves. grin grin grin

How can a sane human say investors are running away from an anticorruption friendly environment. Is that common sense

If you are an investor, would you carry your money to an unsafe corruption loving environment, where your funds/investments can be stolen without been curbed

This guy needs to be flogged I swear angry angry angry angry
did you read why he said that??

or didn't your president refer to Nigeria as a “fantastically corrupt”?? nation and Nigerians as “criminals”??

Silly Zombies everywhere.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
What dry are you talking about?? how gullible to accede to the deceptive assertions of the govt that Nigeria is broke. For your information: Buhari’s 1 Year + In Office.

Buhari was handed over:
– $30billion in our Foreign Reserves,
– $2.5billion Sovereign Wealth Fund,
– $1.4billion in the ECA,
– $4.65b back taxes from NLNG.
– Buhari met an approved budget of N4.5trillion

Buhari received within a year:
– $2.7billion collected by Inland Revenue in his first 8 months.
– $2.1billion world bank loan.
– $850million Grants from UK, USA and Europe.
– 1.5trn saved from fuel subsidy removal
– Excluding crude oil sales, Joint Venture profits, Royalties, Income from Customs, NIMMSA, NPA, NACHO ……
– 3trilion on STA
not to include the “recovered” looted funds.

More than a year has passed:
1] Not a kilometer of road constructed,
2] Not a watt of Electricity generated,
3] Not a Ward added to any Hospital in Nigeria.
4] Not a job space created, except the CBN job he shared with his cronies.
5] Not a grain of corn or tomato seed was provided to farmers. [Fertilizer subsidy taken away and handed back to ex-military men] 6] 41 foreign companies mostly in service industry have left Nigeria
7] 4.3 Million jobs lost in 10months – National Bureau of Statistics.
8] Food scarcity last experienced in Nigeria between 1983 to 1985 returned back.
9] War on Corruption turned into war against his perceived enemies. Convictions by EFCC were cases meticulously started by previous govt(s). Buhari wins cases only on the pages of Newspapers.
10] Nigeria dropped from No.1 Investment destination in Africa to No.27 before South Sudan.
11] African Biggest economy shrink from a GDP of about 7% to -0.36%, the fastest decline in the world since record began.
12] No.3 fastest growing economy in the world to No.83 in 365days.

And I wonder why the president keeps giving the impression that the country is broke. The problem is not lack of funds, but lack of qualified individuals in the govt.
No kobo has been expended by pmb, in the #4.5 trillion budget signed in 2015 by the former president gej and handed over to him.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 23, 2016
Mynd44:

Lmaoooo

Who even told you that this friend of Senator Bruce is invoved in politics?
No ban me o.Mr mod.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by GoodofNaija: 8:38am On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
did you read why he said that??

or didn't your president refer to Nigeria as a “fantastically corrupt”?? nation and Nigerians as “criminals”??

Silly Zombies everywhere.

For this your response, you also need to be flogged I swear angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by GoodofNaija: 8:42am On Sep 23, 2016
sarrki:
Mr Ben

Have looted us dry

If this is what you mean

Then No way

That twitter senator has lost his sanity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 23, 2016
GoodofNaija:

For this your response, you also need to be flogged I swear angry
GoodofNaija:

That twitter senator has lost his sanity.
Very silly, why not attempt to refute the points raised instead of focusing on who is talking??

Zombies and unconstructive criticisms

17 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by salabscholar01(m): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2016
The imaginary friend is the Ben bruce himself.... grin grin He is the one who is scared

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 23, 2016
So people(wailers) are still talking about this same topic?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Goke7: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2016
speedyconnect3:
He don pay AMCON?

help me ask the odemwinge wannabe o

na only barawo investors de scared

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by veekid(m): 10:40am On Sep 23, 2016
Coming from the Twitter senator

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Shiifi(m): 10:40am On Sep 23, 2016
Who b dis Wey dey talk

1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by naijaboiy: 10:40am On Sep 23, 2016
A man reached a hotel where he was invited for a wedding. He found two doors, one written brides close relatives and friends; the other written grooms close relatives and friends.

He entered the grooms and found inside two other doors; One written for ladies only and the other gents only. He entered the gents only and walked a few steps just to find two doors One written, those with gifts, the other those without gifts.

Since he was among those who didn't carry anything; he entered, ONLY TO FIND HIMSELF OUT ON THE STREET gringringringrin

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by seunmsg(m): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2016
Ben Bruce should shut the fvck up. The fight against corruption is not the reason for the recession. Rather, it is past corruption and mismanagement. All these greedy and corrupt politician should stop trying to derail the anti corruption fight of the current government.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by seXytOhbAd(m): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2016
Yawns. Everybody already knows this.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by abhosts(m): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2016
There are Banks to avoid if you do not want to be harassed due to huge Legitimate Transactions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benue Cancels Mass Burial, Prepares For Buhari’s Visit / Fayemi Meets Tinubu Over 2023 Presidency, Ekiti Governorship Poll / 172 Nigerian Troops For Guinea Bissau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.