Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

$15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air (6332 Views)

$15M: Patience Jonathan Loses In court / Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” / Verification Exercise In Niger State Uncovers 800m Naira Fraud-channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

$15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by Huffington: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2016
There was a mild drama on Friday as an interview feauturing Mr Charles Ogboli, a lawyer with the human rights watch was abruptly teminated by Channels Television over inconsistencies and misrepresentations.

Ogboli, was asked by presenter Maupe Ogun from the Channels TV Abuja studios to give his view on the circumstances surrounding the freezing of the account of former first lady Patience Faka Jonathan by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) having been introduced as a human rights lawyer. He began by disagreeing with EFCC for placing a no-debit status of Jonathan’s account describing it as high handedness explaining that the companies which are linked to the accounts in question did not belong to the ex-first lady. He however contradicted himself by saying that she was the owner of the money even though fictitious names were allegedly used to open the accounts.

This prompted the presenter and two others from the Lagos studio to grill him further on how he was privy to such sensitive information. He then revealed that he was very close to Patience Jonathan and went ahead to reel out further contradictons. This caused the programme editors to intermittently interrupt him in order to get some straight facts from him. Then in a bizarre twist, he attempted to justify the source of the Dollars in the account, saying that ex-president Jonathan had been a Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice President and then President, and as such ‘’he can even give his wife $20million to put in her business,’’ he said.

Ndibe.org gathered that the straw that broke the camel’s back was when the visibly embarrassed Channels TV presenters asked him if he was actually Patient Jonathan’s Representative and not a Human Rights lawyer as he claimed, to which he replied in the affirmative. After some more brief interruptions, he was taken off the air.

Reacting to the interview, Nigerians on social media slammed Mr Charles Ogboli calling him a barefaced liar.
A Facebook user, Uche Ezechukwu wrote, ‘’Who brought this man, Mr Charles Ogboli to a live television programme to make a fool of himself trying to plead Dame Patience's case in her matter with EFCC over seized money? If Mr Ogboli does not trust his own intelligence, he should not take other Nigerians as fools. The former First Lady should find more intelligent ways of explaining her case. This one on Sunrise na wash as Nigerians would say. Her image handlers should have informed her that a cardinal concept in image management is that "perception is the reality"

Recall that four companies, Pluto Properties and Investment Company, Seagate Property Development Company, Trans Ocean Property and Investment Company Ltd, and Avalon Global Property Ltd, all of which allegedly have links with former First Lady, Dame Patient Jonathan, on Wednesday pleaded guilty to alleged $15 million fraud charge brought against them before a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos. Warpamo Dudafa, former Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs to the ex-president Jonathan and two others, Amajuoyi Briggs, a lawyer and Adedamola Bolodeoku, a banker, were also arraigned alongside the companies.

They were arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on a 15 count charge of conspiracy and fraud.

Mrs. Jonathan in her reaction faulted the authenticity of the representatives of the four companies who pleaded guilty to the charges. The former First Lady, through her media aide, Chima Osuji, alleged that EFCC presented four unknown people as representatives of the companies, all of who did not show letters authorising them by their respective boards to represent them in the case.
Osuji stated: “This is a clear evidence of the desperation of the prosecution to pull down the former First Lady and confiscate her hard-earned money. “It is an irony as it was the former first lady who went to court for the repatriation of her confiscated money, when she realised that the EFCC and its co-travellers were playing politics with this issue, after she had come out publicly to say that the said money belongs to her and that she has all evidence to prove the sources of her money. ”Up till this very moment, EFCC has refused to interrogate or invite her for questioning.”

©Copyright 2016. Permission to use all or part of publication granted subject to acknowledging ndibe.org as source

SOURCE: http://www.ndibe.org/2016/09/alleged-jonathan-15m-fraud-channels-tv.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by KingRex1(m): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2016
Yea this Charles guy caught my attention this morning. The man made no point, he kept contradicting himself. His presence was obviously a stunt by patience Jonathan to plead innocent to the masses thru d media. Channels TV kept muting his voice wen he was talking trash.

NB: Neva come to Maupe Ogun if u ain't very sure of wat ur sayin

19 Likes

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2016
Why is efcc so selective?When the bribery allegation against Aisha buhari Halliburton was mentioned efcc went into a sleep mode.Now that it is buhari's number one enemy they now wake up from their slumber.

6 Likes

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by GoodofNaija: 10:42am On Sep 23, 2016
grin grin grin

The same way it is difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven so it is for a lawyer to defend a self confessed thief.

Anyway, the lawyer must chop so I don't blame him.
This is why many lawyers are seen as rogues too.

However, it is left to EFCC to do their job and get that woman prosecuted.

#Pejgate loading cry

8 Likes

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by Huffington: 11:25am On Sep 23, 2016
Mynd44, Lalasticlala
Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by bomasek(m): 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
Watched this man(if I'm not mistaken) and his cohort on Focus Nigeria,was disappointed by their narrative of events. So many inconsistencies and loopholes,quite obvious they weren't properly schooled on their line of defence

Given the right motivation,I believe I would have done better than these charge and bail lawyers.

7 Likes

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by OlujobaSamuel: 12:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
you need a million lies to cover up just a single lie, most especially when it's been told by an unintelligent fella, eg, the dunce repping our own Fake.
NB; someone from her tribe should pls tell me the meaning of that name, i initially thought it was one given by people to mock her, so i never used it, i just recently know it was her real name.

9 Likes

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by Qmerit(m): 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
Love Machine:
Why is efcc so selective?When the bribery allegation against Aisha buhari Halliburton was mentioned efcc went into a sleep mode.Now that it is buhari's number one enemy they now wake up from their slumber.

Here they are, who told you PMB and Jonathan's families are enemies? Incase you don't know Jonathan is always in Aso Rock.
Did any one mentioned Mrs Jona's name or she brought it on herself. Olugikokoro.

18 Likes

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by HtwoOw: 12:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
Did anyone manage to record this ? or is there a link to rewatch the broadcast ??

I want to see this mumurity myself

Abeg send me link i wan watch the video of the interview

2 Likes

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by Goke7: 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
bomasek:
Watched this man(if I'm not mistaken) and his cohort on Focus Nigeria,was disappointed by their narrative of events. So many inconsistencies and loopholes,quite obvious they weren't properly schooled on their line of defence

Given the right motivation,I believe I would have done better than these charge and bail lawyers.

I watched him on AIT yesterday and I guess he was actually PEJ's lawyer but he was introduced as an human rights activist but then AIT being a PDP sympathizer covered that identity which Channels exposed today.

Its a pity that a lawyer trying to defend his client will still be hiding his true identity. Nigerian lawyers and corruption are married and can never divorced

17 Likes

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by Nkemtreasure: 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2016
Just can't stop laughing

11 Likes

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by morbeta(m): 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mrs. Jonathan keeps embarrassing herself by putting up this show of shame, this Ogboli man that i watched this morning, is a cut and join lawyer. I feel sorry for anyone he represents legally, it's clear that he is an unintelligent and disorganised person.

This are the type of people that surrounds this woman now. Giving her hope and unproductive advise. I pity GEJ this woman will not stop embarrassing him. This woman is one of the reason GEJ Lost election.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by IVORY2009(m): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
This lawyer/human right activist is a big disgrace to the legal profession, all through the interview, he was neither here nor there, @ a point he was confused and was found misup words.

Efcc on their own part did not act well anofe, they should have invited mrs Jonathan before arresting/interogating her aids, mr wahab Shittu, too could not convince the Channels crew, on why Efcc could not invite mrs Jonathan, he keep on making excuses dat mrs Jonathan should hv walked into any of their offices nationwide and present her self.
Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by yorhmienerd(m): 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
Love Machine:
Zombies spotted

1 Like

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by bomasek(m): 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
Goke7:

I watched him on AIT yesterday and I guess he was actually PEJ's lawyer but he was introduced as an human rights activist but then AIT being a PDP sympathizer covered that identity which Channels exposed today.

Its a pity that a lawyer trying to defend his client will still be hiding his true identity. Nigerian lawyers and corruption are married and can never divorced
She can do better than that(her lawyer). There are many brilliant lawyers that will even school those Channels tv presenters. She really stooped so low.
Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by 9jatriot(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
You really watch am.
The so called human right lawyer was so inconsistent. I feel the channel's crew were been careful coz of the personality involved, they could have torn that guy to shreds. one simple question would have been, how come since 2013 she could not correct the name if there was indeed an error? secondly, how did she do her bvn in 2015, coz bvn does not allow different names for different accounts.
IVORY2009:
This lawyer/human right activist is a big disgrace to the legal profession, all through the interview, he was neither here nor there, @ a point he was confused and was found misup words.

Efcc on their own part did not act well anofe, they should have invited mrs Jonathan before arresting/interogating her aids, mr wahab Shittu, too could not convince the Channels crew, on why Efcc could not invite mrs Jonathan, he keep on making excuses dat mrs Jonathan should hv walked into any of their offices nationwide and present her self.
Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by 9jatriot(m): 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
No good lawyer with a name to protect will touch this case. its such a bad case and with so many press statements from her camp and even affidavit, EFCC can tie this case easily. From the records, she is not even a defendant. the official records do not link the accounts to her, das y she has not been invited I assume.
bomasek:
She can do better than that(her lawyer). There are many brilliant lawyers that will even school those Channels tv presenters. She really stooped so low.
Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by bomasek(m): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
9jatriot:
No good lawyer with a name to protect will touch this case. its such a bad case and with so many press statements from her camp and even affidavit, EFCC can tie this case easily. From the records, she is not even a defendant. the official records do not link the accounts to her, das y she has not been invited I assume.
There are bad case(s) and there are no bad case(s). Representation in law isn't an issue of reputation else no one will defend fraudsters and murderers.

1 Like

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by bomasek(m): 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
9jatriot:
You really watch am.
The so called human right lawyer was so inconsistent. I feel the channel's crew were been careful coz of the personality involved, they could have torn that guy to shreds. one simple question would have been, how come since 2013 she could not correct the name if there was indeed an error? secondly, how did she do her bvn in 2015, coz bvn does not allow different names for different accounts.
The accounts have 1 bvn; that of Dame Faka Jonathan
Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by 9jatriot(m): 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
Well, I get ur point. If she had good legal representations, we will not be having contradictory press releases compounding her self imposed case.

[quits author=bomasek post=49608273]There are bad case(s) and there are no bad case(s). Representation in law isn't an issue of reputation else no one will defend fraudsters and murderers. [/quote]
Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by Rolings: 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
Love Machine:

Seems to me you are the only one sleeping and in deep slumber here.
Wake up

4 Likes

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
Nigeria Bar Association should withdraw that guy's practice license......

3 Likes

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by 9jatriot(m): 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
bomasek:
The accounts have 1 bvn; that of Dame Faka Jonathan
According to PUNCH, a detective in the EFCC said:We got a relevant court order to freeze those accounts and we have evidence which we will present in court on Friday.We did not know that the accounts belonged to Patience Jonathan at the time we froze them. The accounts do not bear her name neither do they carryher BVN (Bank VerificationNumber). So, how can sheaccuse us of harassment?She has a separate account in Skye Bank with the title ‘Patience Jonathan’, which has a balance of $5m. If she claims she needs money for medical treatment, then the $5m should be alright.
Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by solace89(m): 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
I'm watching in 3D cool
Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by Chikpat(m): 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ogboli!

Lyk mrs jonathan , lyk her lawyer

3 Likes

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by Ikigia: 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hungry Lawyers everywhere.......

1 Like

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by bomasek(m): 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2016
9jatriot:

One gets to hear a new version every day.
Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
If you're not confident enough eat the humble pie and avoid Channels presenters.

Don't go and embarrass yourself like this

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by otokx(m): 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Nigeria Bar Association should withdraw that guy's practice license......

seconded

1 Like

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by demolinka(m): 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2016
But why Jonathan never talk anything Na?

1 Like

Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by EazyMoh(m): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
Love Machine:
Yeah! so what are you gonna do about it? Sit at home pray and fast?
*tongue out
Re: $15m fraud: Channels TV Yanks Incoherent Patience Jonathan Lawyer Off Air by vecman22(m): 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
Love Machine:

cry me a river...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Govt Awards Multiple Contracts For Infrastructural Development / Akin Abayomi Seeks Immediate Care For Emergency And Trauma Patients / How Bandits Terrorised Kagara For Years Before Students' Abduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.