Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics (34971 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Slams Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Only Attracted To Thieves" / Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" / Wike Leads The Arrest Of 15 Mechanics In Rivers Over Black Soot. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by ojtech8291: 1:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
She was into business before she came into power which made her to gain more ground and invested huge amount of money into her business. EFCC is turning into a child play. why could they freezed her personal account? It is a show of abuse of power and call for government instability. chai.... there is God oh....

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by dman4mdmoon(m): 1:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
This is one of the reasons Nigeria will never move forward! What a pity. But in other clime:

[b]SOUTH AFRICA’S PRESIDENT, JACOB ZUMA REFUNDED $542,000 PUBLIC MONEY SPENT ON LUXURY PERSONAL HOME UPGRADES
Admin | September 13, 2016 | Blog | No Comments
zuma_2356721b

South African President Zuma has finally paid back around 500,000 euros ($542,000) of public money spent on refurbishing his private home. The controversy that dominated his second term in office raged on for five years.

South Africa’s highest court had decided earlier in the year that President Jacob Zuma had violated the country’s constitution by defying an order to repay some of the funds used to renovate his traditional homestead in Nkandla.

In March 2016, the Constitutional Court of South Africa had ruled that Zuma had “failed to uphold, defend and respect the constitution as the supreme law of the land” by refusing to hand back the funds.

The controversial upgrades to his private home in the province of KwaZulu-Natal, include a visitors’ center, a swimming pool, and a chicken run among other lavish additions. Zuma had originally claimed security was the purpose of the expenditure.

“President Zuma has paid over the amount […] to the South African Reserve Bank as ordered by the Constitutional Court of South Africa,” the presidency said in a statement, adding that the president had raised the funds through a home loan. The treasury confirmed separately that the payment had been received.

Opposition parties had been using the slogan “pay back the money” to draw attention to the corruption scandal.

‘Secure in Comfort’

The Nkandla scandal became a symbol of corruption within the ruling African National Congress (ANC) party, which has been at the helm of South African politics since the end of apartheid rule. The opposition, led by the Democratic Alliance (DA), attempted on several occasions to have the president impeached on grounds of funneling public funds into his private homestead.

The Office of the Public Protector, which occupies the role of an ombudsman between the public and the government, had determined in a 2014 report entitled “Secure in Comfort” that President Zuma had “unduly benefited” from the upgrade work to his Nkandla home, ordering him to repay a fraction of the cost. The amount determined by Public Protector Thuli Madonsela is just over 3 percent of the total amount of state funds that were spent on the president’s rural home.

Zuma ordered two government investigations to clear his name. One of them was conducted by the government police minister, who concluded that the swimming pool in Nkandla had been installed as a fire-fighting precaution. In the end, the Constitutional Court ruled against the findings of the investigations ordered by Zuma and in favor of Madonsela’s ruling.

The ANC in peril

The scandal had a notable effect on his party politics; the ANC suffered severe losses in South Africa’s local elections in August, garnering a historic low of less than 54 percent of all ballots cast.

Several municipalities fell into the hands of the DA or DA-led coalitions, and there are already talks of the ANC possibly tanking to below having an absolute majority in the 2019 legislative elections.

The opposition DA meanwhile welcomed that Zuma repaid the funds but added in a statement that Zuma ought to provide proof in parliament that he personally paid back the state, stressing that the president had “a history of tapping into his circle of cronies for funds.”

Source (AP, AFP)[/b]

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by stanleeodor(m): 1:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
Her hands are clean abi, jobless Youths. while in the Office as first lady of our Great Nation and as she is former now, how many jobs has she created for you pple. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
MONITZ:

In the same manner Tinubu's hotel,First Nation Airline, the Nation newspaper house, TVC were sold? The fight against corruption has to be holistic thru nd thru nd not selective, it's only then I can boldly say we re ready to fight corruption.

N. B: how did Maryam Abacus come about the money she used in setting up the American University In Niger?, Also how did Turai come about the ninety - one million that was stolen by her domestic servant? I am neither pro nor anti Patience Jonathan, u don't leave out some people just because they re of the same ethnic stock with u and scapegoat others.

I didn't spot you among the crowd.

U are there inside ur comfort zone ranting
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by kolmart: 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
group of insane people celebrating a rogue/looters
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by Bakynes24: 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
ajalawole:
you mention david cameron, Good? We know know how much PEJ have in her bank account, Good?............ Then let Ur Mr integrity tell us how much he or his wife have in his bank account? What am saying her may seems to u that am a corrupt person, but am not. Even the world need change
Let me tell you, if you and these youths protesting come out with a placard that says " Yes Probe Patience Jonathan but do not forget to probe Turai Yaradua" yes it makes perfect sense that way but why will they openly be supporting corruption in broad day light it makes mockery of their existence as a sane human being.
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by back2sender: 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
KKKWHITE:
EFCC is corrupt!!! why the concentration on PDP
They will start there because they are the baba of looters. From PDP they will move to apc n others.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by back2sender: 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
Bakynes24:

Let me tell you, if you and these youths protesting come out with a placard that says " Yes Probe Patience Jonathan but do not forget to probe Turai Yaradua" yes it makes perfect sense that way but why will they openly be supporting corruption in broad day light it makes mockery of their existence as a sane human being.
I have been saying it Majority of the yoots in Ijaws and Ibos and some of thier shameful elders are retards.
Tomorrow they will say they are smart.
Meanwhile eze ndigbo gburugburu Reporting from Lagos can confirm that Igbos opened thier business rejecting the directives from the indo-fuckin-nesia republic of ugandan.

It just confirm what has been said that alaibos are cowards. More update coming STAY TUNED
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by Youngzedd(m): 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
On a serious note, the protesters should be shot dead. I mean all of them.

WTF is wrong with these id1ots

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by LCASHMAN(m): 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
dainformant:
what these people need is employment
well said
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
People in the area had better watch out for their phones, wallets and handbags, 90% of them are just looking for that opportunity.
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by czaratwork: 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
a million likes for you
WOCKHARDI:
I've said it elsewhere and I repeat : All politicians , without exception, have skeletons in their cupboards.The fact that one of them is being investigated is simply because the investigative agencies and the C-in-C have vowed to use every " law " at their disposal to, so to say, break that person's cupboard to expose the 'skeleton'. If only they can beam their searchlight with the same intensity, zeal, scrutiny and enthusiasm on " their own ".
Well, some will say " use all means to get justice ".
My contention is " What of EQUITY "?
It's most likely that this victim of vindictiveness is not the wealthiest Nigerian first lady - dead or alive.
Same here with the immediate past president - her husband.
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by anigbajumo(m): 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
I don't even knw wat to type,it was the same episode yesterday and today on the same issue. Corruption!!
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
skyface00:
I am for right path, but for the names u mentioned, I don't know them

LOL
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by payosehtor(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
seunmsg:
How much were they paid for this show of shame? Yesterday, it was some silly law makers displaying the 'I stand with corrupt Dogara' banner. Today, a group of jobless youths are rallying for a lady who cannot account for where she got $31million from. Truth be told, most Nigerians are inherently corrupt. As a people, we are not ready for the fight against corruption. In fact, Nigerians love corruption.
That's the truth, we love corruption. otherwise, how could people come out blatantly to support a public crime against the nation by a shameless woman like p e j
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by tiger28: 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
See these "perpetual "paupers! !! May heavenly father give us wisdom not to be the "walking " blinds.
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by payosehtor(m): 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
see as my pple from d same south-south just dey fall my hand, i tot is only flat heads ipods dey support corruption, maybe is d ipods in river state that are displaying dis show of shame.
5% entirely is something else my brother. no need singleng out Ipob

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by rabex123(m): 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thisis2raw:
Buhari want to make this country ungovernorable for himself

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by Thisis2raw(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abcka811:
It is already ungovernable. Imagine the ways of this government. It is like a destineed fly. This government is just billed for self destruction.
this is the CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by kenny1313(m): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
orieoda:
I never knew Idris Abdukareem was right when he sang Nigeria Jagajaga grin
Smh...... Am telling you. Nigeria Scatter Scatter now.
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by HighQue007: 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
fullish people
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by Charly68: 2:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
O.k now ,they should tell the court their interest over this matter. No room for corruption again in the land. A big fish ha s been caught by Efcc & it is so unfortunate that Mama peace happened to be the one.
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by blazetitov: 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
How low can we go further. This is very shameful. Jobless youths walking in the sun for someone partly responsible for their joblessness. SMH.
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by DBISHOP1(m): 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
Show of shame. They have no idea of how she got the money yet they are shouting victimization. Food never hungry ona, mama peace no send ona.
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by baby8ace(m): 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
I know tins like dis will come up in rivers state,who else will support a thief if d person is not a thief.look at D future of 2morrow,i pity u all,i expected a massive support for efcc not against dem,dis ppl hv destroy nd taken away our wealth, let dem get d reward.
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by Dawn123(f): 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
skyface00:
Nigeria youth we need to Review our life, refocus and check that we are on track. Let go of distractions.

If you want to know the true state of a person's heart, look at how he or she treats the rich and the poor. That in itself speaks volumes! Why do we need to be used, There's too much hate and hurt going around. The ones who suffer the greatest are the young ones!

Nigeria which way

Wish i could frame this....best comment so far!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
That's a typical show of shame.Did she give you guys a piece of her loot?Keep on displaying your ignorance to the world.A thief remains a thief even if I hate the vindictive tyrant,it won't stop me from saying the truth.
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by Omonigeriarere: 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
dainformant:
what these people need is employment

Fortunately, if they are place on salary of N100k per month, the money discovered will pay all of them for the next five years: they need mental re-orientation.
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by Rajosh(m): 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2016
Tell me how we'll progress when we react based on sentiments. We pray for Good leaders but support corrupt ones just because they're from our tribe, religion, or state.
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by aroti: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thisis2raw:
Buhari want to make this country ungovernorable for himself

Yes; by not allowing those that see themselves to be above the law go Scot-free. Isn't it! Some people cannot separate their existence from a jungle lifestyle!
Re: Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics by mudiana(m): 3:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
Foolish hungry people. At the end you will be given #1000 for this show of shame while the criminal goes home with her money. Olodo people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Says Kayode Ogundamisi's Body Should Be Cremated Over Leaked Audio Clip / FG Mulls Single Salary Scale For Federal Civil Service MDAs / See How Nigerians Reacted To APC Leaders Who Were Applying For GEJ's YOUWIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.