Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

James Ibori Handpicked Judge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori Handpicked Judge (761 Views)

Alamieyeseigha Built Just One House… He Was Never Corrupt~James Ibori / Hurraaaaaaaaaaay!!!! James Ibori Is Coming Back Home Soon! / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Ibori Handpicked Judge by r231(m): 9:41am On Oct 13, 2009
Federal Kangaroo Court, Asaba: James Ibori's handpicked judge brings case forward by 3 weeks, to "discharge" trial on November 6th 2009

If Nigerians truly want to know what a kangaroo court looks like, they need look no further than the Asaba Federal Hight Court of Justice Mercel Awokulehin. 
Yesterday, for instance, Justice Awokulehin suddenly sent a summon to the lawyers of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Sunday to appear before it to hear the substantive argument over a motion by James Ibori’s requesting the judge to quash his trial in the money-laundering case against him.

Yesterday was a Sunday, a non-working day. Following the summons, and without public notice, the case was called this morning in Asaba.

These developments are part of the inexorable conspiracy to let Ibori avoid justice in Nigeria.  That would, in turn, help his criminal associates who face a similar trial in England enjoy similar flight from justice from the law.  Only last week, Justice Christopher Hardy of the Southwark Crown Court adjourned proceedings in the trial before him to enable the hearings in Asaba to be completed.

When that case was called in Asaba today, lawyers representing Ibori and the EFCC engaged in a less than stellar adoption of “address” before the court regarding Ibori’s motion. Judge Awokulehin subsequently adjourned till November 6th 2009, three days before the re-commencement of the London trial of Ibori associates at the Southwark Crown Court.

As Saharareporters has already revealed, the Asaba trial has been plotted to end on that particular date, with a pre-determined, far-reaching ruling by Justice Awokulehin to the effect that he has terminated all money laundering, corruption and theft charges against Ibori and his associates.

According to the match plan, of which Nigeria's federal authorities at the highest level are part, that ruling would then be presented in London with a fresh motion to quash the trial of Ibori’s associates.

To guarantee the outcome, Justice Awokulehin was hand-picked by Ibori for the Asaba "trial."  For his starring role in the drama, he has been paid $5 million through a Singaporean route.

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3937:2009-10-13-01-00-32&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: James Ibori Handpicked Judge by Sandscape(m): 11:24am On Oct 13, 2009
I thought our judiciary was better than this?
Re: James Ibori Handpicked Judge by koolchicco: 11:29am On Oct 13, 2009
Sandscape:

I thought our judiciary was better than this?

Na 2day?
Re: James Ibori Handpicked Judge by agitator: 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2009
Wether na handpicked or legpicked no be today we know this kind system
Re: James Ibori Handpicked Judge by otukpo(f): 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2009
Saharareporters lipsrsealed
Re: James Ibori Handpicked Judge by LFJ: 1:38pm On Oct 13, 2009
@otukpo, please tell us what happen to saharareporters
Re: James Ibori Handpicked Judge by Spyker: 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2009
I don't take saharareporters serious because their stories are incoherent.
All the same, if Ibori picked his Judges, it is not new. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi picked his Judges in the Supreme Court that handed him Rivers State. The same Judge Katsina-Alu has been linked to all the cases won by Amaechi and Nyeso Wike, Amaechi's Chief (Thief) of Staff.
So my brothers, leave am like that, Na Naija we dey. If i get that can connection, i go pick my own country self.

(1) (Reply)

Count Us Out Of Your Vulturous Ways- Middle Belt Tells North / Bizzare! Yar`adua Will Contest For 2nd Term, Says Abba-aji / What Is Wrong With Kosovo? Is This Guy Gone Bananas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.