Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,511 members, 7,801,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

The Great Mistake(a Story By Dawinlove) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Great Mistake(a Story By Dawinlove) (557 Views)

"No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / My Mistake (A Fictional Piece) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Great Mistake(a Story By Dawinlove) by Dawinlove(m): 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
All right reserved.No part of this story may be reproduced or transmitted in any form,or by any means,electronic or mechanical.Including photocopying,recording or by any information storage and retrieval system,without permission in written from the writer.For more info contact; godwindaniel14@yahoo.com

Through joy and beyound to all my fellow writers.Thanks to Seun for creating this great platform and also to all the Mods.

Its a short story and a must for all young mind.Thanks as you read
Re: The Great Mistake(a Story By Dawinlove) by Dawinlove(m): 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
Dende walked out of a company frustrated,he has just been denied another job opportunity,he decided he won't go home and just hang around a bar.His tie was loose round his neck,his face depressed and frustrated.When he got to the bar,he requested the bar man to give him a bottle of champaigne.The bar man did as he ordered but with the look on Dende face he decided to caution him not to take much of the drink.A young man suddenly walk up to him 'hello' he said but,Dende ignored him.Have been noticing you from CWAY company,I could see you worried about something.'I can see you are sent by those directors to mock me
Dende replied him.My name is Gab and here is my card,you can contact me for any help.He reluctantly accepted the card while Gab wave him a bye and left.
When he got home,he decided he is ready to do anything to be rich,granny saw him and advised he should not engage in something strange.she told him to be patient and that no hope should be lost yet.Dende remembered the card he was given and quickly left granny.He checked where he had kept it and dialed the number he saw therein.The phone rang and someone picked it 'Hello',who is speaking.This is Dende,I was given a card yesterday and was told to call.
Oh really,it must be from our boss,let me giive the phone to him.Dende explained all his life story to Gab,Gab told him he is into Drug buiseness if he would be interested,he explained how it make him wealthy and how he Dende can overcome his situation through selling drugs.
You can think about it,just let me know when you ready.Dende immediately replied he is ready and would do anything to be rich since he had vowed. He was very excited when granny saw him.Son why are you so happy,he quickly created a lie to tell his mum.Mum,I have just been employed abroad,the company just called me to resume with immediate effect,I have to leave now.Granny tried to caution him but he insisted on leaving,he packed his belongings and left.Granny advise him to behave well and always remember where he came from.Dende replied her that he will prefer dying in America than living in Africa where they gave him no job.Granny replied,America is old and africa is just growing.She advise him to neglect such mentality and pray just as the white does when they wake every day,reminding him that there isn't any place like home.
Gab coached Dende for one good week and arranged for his travelling.He suceeded all the airport screening and boarded plane to America.Granny was busy discussing with her friend,she was not really happy about her son's decision and inability to listen to her,he has refused her calls since he traveled.Her friend was busy watching the nation news when she called Dende Mum to stop all the worries and join her in watching the news.Suddenly they heard news of Dende involving in drug buiseness and was arrested at New York.The newscastter said they would be deported and will face charges in Nigeria.Granny could not believe what she saw and heard.She remembered how she encouraged her son and what he finally did due to frustration and hatred now,he had landed himself in a worst situation.
Dende was deported and remanded in Ikoyi prison.Granny woke very early to the station and inquired about her son because she heard on news that they arrived a day before,the police insulted her and accused her of training a drug dealer.They brought him to granny and immediately they saw each other,they both were in tears.
'Granny am sorry' he said 'my lack of job led me to this,I thought it would make life better for us,I never thought of being patient,I thought Nigeria has no.. 'stop' granny interrupted, 'you are a stupid child,I told you to be patient,prayerful,learn a trade,I told you everything a mother should tell her child but son,you lied,you deceive me.Both of them were in tears.She was asked to leave when visiting time was over,granny saw her son being taken away from her,she could not bear seeing her son in the hands of the law.Dende was sentenced to 30years inprisonment with hard labour after several plea from lawyers.Dende learn never to condemn his country nor Africa he learn to remember his granny words that says'Your place of birth does not determine your destiny only God knows what he has in place for us.

(1) (Reply)

Not Sure How To Teach My Daughter: U For Unacceptable, V For Vague, W For Woman / Stephanie And Stephan; #beyond The Wedding Day Episode 5 / Are Writers Lonely?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.