Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. (31004 Views)

Physicist, Stephen Hawkins Is Dead / Is Alien Life EVERYWHERE? A New Radical Theory / Alien Life: Fiction Becoming A Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Jokerman(m): 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
Fools... wasting their time
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by ginggerxy: 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
ExAngel007:
Aliens already exist
prove it .science is Not religion
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
Watching...

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by realmindz: 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2016
Aliens have always existed and have visited earth several milion of years ago. That I believe...
I also believe the elites have contact with Aliens and holding back information about aliens..

Ever wonder why the richest, powerful and intelligent people and nations spend fortunes on space explorations...you think they are stupid?, yet people will laugh out loud and scream too much Sci - fi wen we talk of aliens here in nigeria
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by McSterling(m): 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2016
Explorers:

But my fear is if they eventually make a contact, the source of the signal will be traced back here. What if things aliens are more advanced

Uve seen Battleship starring Rihanna
If aliens on proxima b are more advanced, they most probably would have found us first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by RobinHez(m): 1:19pm On Sep 26, 2016
wins18:

Thats interesting, they are competing.... But don't you think the project is too big for china to even consider diving into at the first place, considering the fact that china has little or no reputations atall in cosmic/space science and technology
China in the last couple of years have made a name for themselves in science and technology... Climbing above giants and heavyweights, they are only second to the USA currently.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Pylony(m): 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2016
They should rather use their wealth to solve the mammoth problems here on earth and stop chasing after some goose projects that will not benefit anyone.

The western world began making noise on the possibility of extra-terrestrial life in space. First it was the moon landing in the name of seeing if their were moon dwellers then the "red planet" (MARS) which they said has a potentials for extra-terrestral life and billions of dollars that would have solve global hunger in the developing world were sank into development of space probes and launch of space craft to such jamboree travels only to come back with no single alien life. That they now turn to assumptions since they lack any true specimen to show. How are we sure PROXIMA-B will not turn out to be another waste of resources in the name of search for Aliens?

Space travel by the so call superpowers was just aim at showing who is the strongest in space, no wonder they only travel to the moon just to fix their flags, a show of dominance claiming lands on the moon. It has being so before and after the cold war between US and RUSSIA. Now CHINA, FRANCE and even INDIA are on the space race when people in such countries and around the world are hungry, and as the world's atmosphere is sick with pollution from industrial and space activities resulting to global warning, that now speedly melts up the Polar caps. In no distant time it is believed that if nothing is done, many cities close to the seas would only be under water.

It is a fact, that the huge smoke generated from the frequent launch of satellites and space crafts into space have greatly contributed to global warning at a time when many scientist refuse to believe that there is any things call "global warning" ironically they believe in the possibility of Alien life they have never set eyes on, a bunch of hypocrates you may say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by wellstryme(m): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2016
If you think we are alone in this universe you are dead wrong

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by RobinHez(m): 1:22pm On Sep 26, 2016
Feraz:
Seems space is the only thing USA and Russia have agreed not to play politics with. undecided

LOL, both Russia and USA have colonies in space...the moon landing of the US was in competition to the space walk of the Russians...

They are at logger heads in everything grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by realmindz: 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2016
Jokerman:
Fools... wasting their time

These people are much more knowledgeable, informed, smarter and wealthier than u are.

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Jokerman(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2016
realmindz:

These people are much more knowledgeable, informed, smarter and wealthier than u are.

I know sir... buh I believe alien search is a waste of time...
Dey should focus their lives on God and do what he has commanded...
No one is more knowledgeable, wealthier, smarter and more informed than the Almighty God...
Humanity was created to serve God.... Man shouldn't be a tool in the devil's hand to propagate his proganda of eidtrich creatures...

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by redcliff: 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
Cutehector:
This is the very reason why God made dem billionaires in the first place!

Good job. Dangote should donate to dis cause as well instead of planning to buy NLNG.

You for tell the man how to spend him money na.. shebi u be him papa now
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by majour(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
If u like blowing ur mind off, do a research on THE MANDELA EFFECT AND CERN WORK ON DIMENSIONAL THEORY AND QUANTUM PHYSICS, leave all this lies were here of million years to get to proxima, bigger government has encountered this entities
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by pippimp(m): 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
Cutehector:
This is the very reason why God made dem billionaires in the first place!

Good job. Dangote should donate to dis cause as well instead of planning to buy NLNG.

It's funny you mentioned God in your comment. You do fully understand the implications for religious fanatics if life is found on other planets right?

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by realmindz: 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
Jokerman:

No one is more knowledgeable, wealthier, smarter and more informed than the Almighty God...
Humanity was created to serve God.... Man shouldn't be a tool in the devil's hand to propagate his proganda of eidtrich creatures...
People like u make me give up on the black race...

while we still look up at the sky to pray, the whites are doing space explorations....
smh for u...
death to your religiosity,
death to your stone age mentality

7 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by pippimp(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
Jokerman:

Ignorance is the bane of religious people.

4 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by EazyMoh(m): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
Explorers:
Proxima b is just four light years from Earth - close enough to be reached by future space missions. Pictured is an artist's impression ofthe surface of the planet, looking out onto its star and the double star Alpha Centauri.
Does it have running water?
Because water is the source of life.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by KunleSteel: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
For those who do not know...

A light year is a measure of distance, not time. And it is derived from multiplying the speed of light in a vacuum by the number of seconds in a year i.e. (3E8 x 365.25 x 24 x 3600 metres)

...meaning if you were travelling at the speed of light, you would get to the planet in four years.

So I wouldn't call four light years "just".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by john650(m): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
I suppose they gave up on mother earth and now they are looking for life on another planet.

What's the purpose?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Jokerman(m): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
realmindz:

People like u make me give up on the black race...

while we still look up at the sky to pray, the whites are doing space explorations....
smh for u...
death to your religiosity,
death to your stone age mentality

Bro... vanity upon vanity... you wont live forever. .. if humans were to live forever then all ds wouldn't be in vain...

Wait, why the hell are they searching for aliens??

And sir, I aint backward, I m not religiously freakish or spooky, I am a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ...

Jesus never makes one backward, infact He opens your eyes to revelations that the carnal mind cant and won't see...

And, I love space expooration especially when if it's beneficial to humanity, not to spread devilish propaganda of aliens and its ilks, which are demons actually...

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by raphieMontella: 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2016
Bellfun:

Not "maybe"!

With all our scientific breakthroughs and technological development...we are yet to know almost anything about what exists inside earth's oceans!

And there are billions of planets out there! Though they may not look like us...but they're out there!

The United States govt knows alot about it...but for the sake of world orderliness(and religions too).. they kept it under wrap....
can you prove?
Not just making comments...
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Jokerman(m): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
pippimp:

Ignorance is the bane of religious people.
Can Humans be wiser than God, sir??
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by pippimp(m): 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
Jokerman:

Can Humans be wiser than God, sir??

That there is a God is still very debatable.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by CaptainKool15(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2016
wins18:
Good job explorer, but.... what happens to the on going project in china or are they on their own?

I think FAST has been completed
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Jokerman(m): 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2016
pippimp:

That there is a God is still very debatable.

How, when you yourself is a living testimony of the wonderful works of God?? undecided
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by VajanahDischaj(f): 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2016
waste of time!!

will the aliens be the next president of America?abi dem wan go disturb antiChrist for e hole ni?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by pippimp(m): 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
Jokerman:

How, when you yourself is a living testimony of the wonderful works of God?? undecided

Actually, provable science says the first man came from under the seas. Plus, two people mated to produce me.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by dharay99: 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
waste of time!!

will the aliens be the next president of America?abi dem wan go disturb antiChrist for e hole ni?
grin grin grin
See comment o0...
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Dalek(m): 1:58pm On Sep 26, 2016
CaptainKool15:

I think FAST has been completed

yea it was launched on Saturday...
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by raphieMontella: 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2016
majour:
Explorer pls answer me this, THE MOON LANDING has bin proven to be false on every stage, with the flag waving in the absence of atmosphere to the placement of the shadow of object considering the sun is the only light source, how come no country, especially Russia and China never publicly made this claim, was the whole moon mission a global conspiracy or was what the world watch not the actual footage, is there something they aren't telling us, do u share this conviction?
you are a bloody liar...
Youtube conspiracy videos have gotten to you..
The soviet union(russia) and usa that compete on all grounds...would have kept the lie abi?
Heard of kinetic energy and inertia?? Thats the flags movement dude
Mehn...take and be enlightened
www.rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moon_landing_hoax

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by raphieMontella: 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2016
edjee:
[b]NA LIE .......GOING TO THE MOON WAS ALL LIES

IF YOU THINK IT'S A LIE WATCH THESE VIDEOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6RwHg2FoA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nP4qrTLKV0

AND COME TO YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS.

THIS MEANS THE EARTH IS FLAT.......................QUOTE ME!

[/b]
flat earth society?
Youre one of them?
You believe that junk?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My LG Plasma Refuses To Start Up (Pictured) / A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored / FG Approves Fund For Training Of 500,000 Youth On Digital Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.