Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. (31006 Views)

Physicist, Stephen Hawkins Is Dead / Is Alien Life EVERYWHERE? A New Radical Theory / Alien Life: Fiction Becoming A Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by UyiIredia(m): 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
Waste of money. Search from now till thy kingdom come they won't find any alien.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by raphieMontella: 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2016
ILoveToFuCcK:
Will they give me the pleasure of being the first to fυck an alien?? cry undecided

bad guy

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by CaptainKool15(m): 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2016
Dalek:

yea it was launched on Saturday...

Gaskiya, you're on point.. can't wait for its observations
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by HAH: 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2016
If you have watched the series " ancient aliens" you will somehow believe aliens were on earth.

According to proponents of ancient aliens, monuments, like the pyramids in Egypt and stonehenge were constructed by aliens or with their help considering the time they were built and the technology used to make the monuments
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by dan7872002: 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
Explorers:

But my fear is if they eventually make a contact, the source of the signal will be traced back here. What if things aliens are more advanced

Uve seen Battleship starring Rihanna

I don't think tracing back might matter, if I think logically, I could ask If the alien technology is more advanced then they would have found us first. So I guess we r likely to stand a chance. Secondly what if our senses cannot comprehend the existence of an alien life, that could be more of a challenge if no balance exist.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by akinzben(m): 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2016
delikay4luv:
The world of science is interesting
yea

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by uvalued(m): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
akraym:
Mehn this is interesting
lol while scientist are hoping in the unseen.. my guy just show now now sweet pass 4 light yrs wei no go happen... i see faithat work sha
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by ollah2: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
Jokerman:

I know sir... buh I believe alien search is a waste of time...
Dey should focus their lives on God and do what he has commanded...
No one is more knowledgeable, wealthier, smarter and more informed than the Almighty God...
Humanity was created to serve God.... Man shouldn't be a tool in the devil's hand to propagate his proganda of eidtrich creatures...

Abeg carry ur God matter commot for here.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by edjee: 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2016
raphieMontella:

flat earth society?
Youre one of them?
You believe that junk?

THANK YOU FOR QUOTING ME...raphieMontella
You call it junk i call it reality....

Show me one REAL picture of the earth from space ........none...not one ....with all the technology and HD cameras we have not one REAL photo ...All you will see is junk photoshopped pixs...
All NASA pictures are photoshopped artist impressions.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Thoughty2(m): 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2016
Cutehector:
This is the very reason why God made dem billionaires in the first place!

Good job. Dangote should donate to dis cause as well instead of planning to buy NLNG.

Are you kidding me? you mean Dangote should leave serious economic issues and start searching all about for aliens. What a brilliant thought!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by majour(m): 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2016
raphieMontella:

you are a bloody liar...
Youtube conspiracy videos have gotten to you..
The soviet union(russia) and usa that compete on all grounds...would have kept the lie abi?
Heard of kinetic energy and inertia?? Thats the flags movement dude
Mehn...take and be enlightened
www.rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moon_landing_hoax

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories
Lols, this is not and will never be the last propaganda the USA generate to favor their agenda of world domination, ur just licking the piss of what u see not challenging urself to reason, someone like u Wud see the 9-11 attack as religious aggression, Lols, Abeg park well, believe what u must dude, don't care, never did
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by MrCEO69(m): 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
Explorers:
Three of the world’s richest and most intelligent men are hoping to be the first to find alien life. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Russian entrepreneur Yuri Milner and physicist Stephen Hawking have revealed exclusively that they will be listening to signals from 'Earth 2.0'.

Officially named Proxima b, the rocky planet is believed to have the right conditions to harbour life and is just four light years from Earth.The trio are funding an ambitious $100 million (£76 million) project known as ‘Breakthrough Listen’, which will use the world's most powerful telescopes to listen to messages from ET.

BREAKTHROUGH LISTEN.

Breakthrough Listen is a search for intelligent life using two of the world's most powerful telescopes.

It was launched in January with the aim of scouring one million of the closest stars to Earth for faint signals thrown out into space by intelligent life beyond our own world.Scientists taking part in the £76 million ($100 million) project are also scanning the very heart of our galaxy along with 100 of the closest galaxies for low power radio transmissions.Breakthrough Listen will collect data over a 10-year period. Search capacity will be 50 times more sensitive, cover 10 times more of the sky, five times more of the radio spectrum, and at speeds 100 times faster.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3765291/Mark-Zuckerberg-Yuri-Milner-Stephen-Hawking-begin-100-million-search-alien-life-nearby-Earth-like-planet.html

no matter what how they look and find. Dey are just wasting money. Dey should better channel it to smth more useful. God is always gr8.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by ollah2: 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
Thoughty2:

Are you kidding me? you mean Dangote should leave serious economic issues and start searching all about for aliens. What a brilliant thought!

And you think dangote cares about Nigeria than himself
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by rudekidd: 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2016
HAH:
If you have watched the series " ancient aliens" you will somehow believe aliens were on earth.

According to proponents of ancient aliens, monuments, like the pyramids in Egypt and stonehenge were constructed by aliens or with their help considering the time they were built and the technology used to make the monuments

Africans built the pyramids in Egypt but the whites will never accept that because they portray Africans as primitive people...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by brightpre(m): 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
Explorers:

But my fear is if they eventually make a contact, the source of the signal will be traced back here. What if things aliens are more advanced

guy u funny oooo,dose science fiction have captured your brain.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by FunkyMetahuman: 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2016
Explorers:

I think they would v found us first if they are more intelligent or advance

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by BodyKiss(m): 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2016
Jokerman:

How, when you yourself is a living testimony of the wonderful works of God?? undecided

Please stop derailing this thread. Your mentality is so warped.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by FunkyMetahuman: 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
MrCEO69:

no matter what how they look and find. Dey are just wasting money. Dey should better channel it to smth more useful. God is always gr8.
you people are one of the reasons why Africa will never be great..you are so engrossed n your gods delusion that you are scared of other possibilities ...

smh

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Arielle: 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
This is so exciting! But I've always wondered why alien life has to be similar to humans. We humans have had to adapt to our environment over time. What if planets like Mars that are uninhabitable for us humans carry other forms of life that have had to adapt to that environment over time? Bears thinking about.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Yobo34(m): 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
Mad Hawkings don come again!!..

but, the starving once on earth haven't been fed, you still want look for more lifes.. God dey
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Xlad(m): 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2016
4 light years = 36 trillion kilometres.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Arielle: 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2016
Stephen Hawkings' condition has deteriorated so much. It wasn't this bad cry
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
Feraz:
grin grin grin

And a scout ship, using a way advanced warp drive will reach Earth in a month for situation report to mother planet. And in three months time, alien invasion of earth! grin grin

Hopefully, they would consider us not worth their conquest.

No. I haven't seen Battleship. Someone will bring up Area 51 soon.

They will spare earth because of Nigeria.

if we were to base this on movies, then the chances are unfair but the favour us cause humans never give up hope
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Yobo34(m): 5:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
Arielle:
Stephen Hawkings' condition has deteriorated so much. It wasn't this bad cry

Ehn.. But d guy brain is still up nd doing
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by 4nobody4every1: 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
cool
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Explorers(m): 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2016
majour:
Explorer pls answer me this, THE MOON LANDING has bin proven to be false on every stage, with the flag waving in the absence of atmosphere to the placement of the shadow of object considering the sun is the only light source, how come no country, especially Russia and China never publicly made this claim, was the whole moon mission a global conspiracy or was what the world watch not the actual footage, is there something they aren't telling us, do u share this conviction?

I cant really say bro, because ive seen the website that claims the moon landing is false/hoax. Like a movie produced in a studio.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by masseratti: 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2016
majour:
Explorer pls answer me this, THE MOON LANDING has bin proven to be false on every stage, with the flag waving in the absence of atmosphere to the placement of the shadow of object considering the sun is the only light source, how come no country, especially Russia and China never publicly made this claim, was the whole moon mission a global conspiracy or was what the world watch not the actual footage, is there something they aren't telling us, do u share this conviction?
the moon landing is not false, everything has been explained in an episode of myth busters.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by sesaan(m): 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2016
Cutehector:
This is the very reason why God made dem billionaires in the first place!

Good job. Dangote should donate to dis cause as well instead of planning to buy NLNG.
above all they are all Atheist!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Wryhder: 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2016
This is so Star Trek-y: "to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before".
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Jokerman(m): 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2016
BodyKiss:

Please stop derailing this thread. Your mentality is so warped.

Lolssss.... if you can answer this question, then I know yours isnt warped as well...

Who/what created you??
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. by Jokerman(m): 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2016
ollah2:

Abeg carry ur God matter commot for here.
Why bro?? Remember God is all powerful, there is nothing existing without His approval. ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My LG Plasma Refuses To Start Up (Pictured) / A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored / FG Approves Fund For Training Of 500,000 Youth On Digital Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.