Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) (16101 Views)

How Deal For Maina’s Reinstatement, Withdrawal Of N2.5bn Suit Was Struck / African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West / Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refinaries In Kogi,lagos & Bayelsa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by ujoatu(m): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
Imo Govt. strikes $2bn partnership deal for Industrial Park

The Imo State government has signed a two billion dollars’ partnership with an international group, African Development Funding Group, to build and develop the proposed Imo Industrial Park.
The park will be built in Ohaji Egbema Local Government Area of Imo State.
A memorandum of understanding was also signed at the Ndubuisi Kanu Executive Chambers at the Government House in Owerri the capital of Imo State in southeast Nigeria.
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, told reporters that the proposed Imo Industrial Park in Ohaji Egbema Local Government Area would generate over one million jobs for youths not only in the state but in the country.
He said that the project would turn Imo State into an investment haven which would boost the economy of the country and also increase her gross domestic product.
Meanwhile, the Vice President of the African Development Funding Group, Duncan Otieno, said they were willing to partner with Imo State to actualise the project with main focus on road infrastructure, agriculture, construction, and logistics in the industrial park.
One of the delegates from the African Development Funding Group is the Nigerian Consul General to South Africa Mrs Uche Ajulu-Okeke.

Source News Express
http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/28671

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by ujoatu(m): 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
pix

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by agwom(m): 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2016
ok
Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2016
This will be the last time we will hear about this project.

It will be swept under the carpet yet the money will vanish

56 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by alizma: 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
k
Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Payper(m): 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
Rochas should go and work the roads in his state first, will people fly to the industrial park? Is it not the terrible roads they will ply?
He and other Nigerian governors should get their priorities right. They should borrow a leaf from Willie Obiano.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by psucc(m): 8:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
And people will be clapping.

A number of projects Rochas embarked on fails. He should convert that his tunnel into tourist site.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Abagworo(m): 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
Payper:
Rochas should go and work the roads in his state first, will people fly to the industrial park? Is it not the terrible roads they will ply?
He and other Nigerian governors should get their priorities right. They should borrow a leaf from Willie Obiano.

Imo State has very good roads. Forget the focus on only bad spots. Ohaji/Egbema and Oguta have very good roads. The only bad road is that Imo boundary with Rivers State which is less than 5km and will soon be completed. Anambra has worse roads but the focus is not on the bad part so mentioning Obiano here doesn't make sense. If it was him that attracted 2billion Dollar investment it would have made more news for most Ignos that hate Okorocha.

15 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Doug07034780891(m): 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2016
****Imo state has the worst roads in the SE particularly Owerri and it's surroundings. Maybe we can do picture show to prove the point. The problem with you is that you hate the truth with all your life even though the person you quoted is from your useless Imo state. All the federal and state roads in imo state are in shambles and we have good record of them. You can't deceive all the people all the time.

[s]
Abagworo:

Imo State has very good roads. Forget the focus on only bad spots. Ohaji/Egbema and Oguta have very egood roads. The only bad road is that Imo boundary with Rivers State which is less than 5km and will soon be completed. Anambra has worse roads but the focus is not on the bad part so mentioning Obiano here doesn't make sense. If it was him that attracted 2billion Dollar investment it would have made more news for most Ignos that hate Okorocha.
[/s]

22 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Ojiofor: 8:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
Okorocha with his team of yahoo yahoo boys.

7 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Imo State has very good roads. Forget the focus on only bad spots. Ohaji/Egbema and Oguta have very good roads. The only bad road is that Imo boundary with Rivers State which is less than 5km and will soon be completed. Anambra has worse roads but the focus is not on the bad part so mentioning Obiano here doesn't make sense. If it was him that attracted 2billion Dollar investment it would have made more news for most Ignos that hate Okorocha.

Are you naturally a sadist or you just acquired it? Why is truth alien to you? how do you sleep at night? do you have a conscience at all? Do you have family? what do they tell you? do your friends and colleagues advice you at all?

...Chineke mere gi na Rochas ebere ...Amen

30 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by megaik: 8:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Geez...what is this one saying? Where are the good roads? Seems to me you have sold your conscience... Everywhere in owerri na scatter scatter...from emekuku Umuahia road...even the by pass to cut through the bad spot is becoming death trap.
Ihiagwa Nekede Rd is death trap.
Owerri Port Harcourt Rd is death trap.
Orlu road even is terrible.
Owerri inside town worst. Where should I mention and leave the others?

26 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Doug07034780891(m): 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo is a well known jobless frustrated old man so his miserable life will always show forth but I am on NL just for him and his likes. He hates the truth so much..

Whynotthetruth:

Are you naturally a sadist or you just acquired it? Why is truth alien to you? how do you sleep at night? do you have a conscience at all? Do you have family? what do they tell you? do your friends and colleagues advice you at all?

...Chineke mere gi na Rochas ebere ...Amen

11 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Abagworo(m): 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Imo state has the worst roads in the SE particularly Owerri and it's surroundings. Maybe we can do picture show to prove the point. The problem with you is that you hate the truth with all your life even though the person you quoted is from your useless Imo state.

[s][/s]

Its unnecessary arguing about what we all know. Apart from Headbridge to Owerri no other federal road is good in the Southeast be it Anambra or Imo or Abia or Rivers or Akwa Ibom or Cross River in its stretch from one major town to another. Okorocha's critics have been busy singling out Imo but Onitsha to Enugu is hell and comparable to Nnewi-Okigwe or Ihiala-Anara.

6 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Doug07034780891(m): 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2016
Good! Now genuine Imolites are beginning to speak if not this grumpy Abagworo would have continued his tales by moon light cheesy

megaik:

Geez...what is this one saying? Where are the good roads? Seems to me you have sold your conscience... Everywhere in owerri na scatter scatter...from emekuku Umuahia road...even the by pass to cut through the bad spot is becoming death trap.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Abagworo(m): 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2016
megaik:

You've mentioned those you know but why did you bring Obiano here without asking about Onitsha-Awka road or Awka-Enugu road both old and new or Nnewi-Ekwulobia or hundreds of bad roads that dot Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka. Do you think Ifite Awka Unizik road is better than Nekede Futo road?

4 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Doug07034780891(m): 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2016
**** talk about your own state as for mine we have good roads both federal and state. The only bad spot on our federal road is the Umunya section of the Enugu-Onitsha fed road. But all the fed and state roads in Imo state are terribly bad and unpassable. The worst federal roads in the SE are all in Imo state. FACT.

[s]
Abagworo:

Its unnecessary arguing about what we all know. Apart from Headbridge to Owerri no other federal road is good in the Southeast be it Anambra or Imo or Abia or Rivers or Akwa Ibom or Cross River in its stretch from one major town to another. Okorocha's critics have been busy singling out Imo but Onitsha to Enugu is hell and comparable to Nnewi-Okigwe or Ihiala-Anara.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Doug07034780891(m): 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
****Nekede road is about the worst road in the SE presently, the road has been cut into 2. At least 98% of the roads in Owerri are terribly bad. FACT.

[s]
Abagworo:

You've mentioned those you know but why did you bring Obiano here without asking about Onitsha-Awka road or Awka-Enugu road both old and new or Nnewi-Ekwulobia or hundreds of bad roads that dot Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka. Do you think Ifite Awka Unizik road is better than Nekede Futo road?
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by lady2sexy(f): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
good development smiley
Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Abagworo(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Useless old daft talk about your own state as for mine we have good roads both federal and state. The only bad spot on our federal road is the Umunya section of the Enugu-Onitsha fed road. But all the fed and state roads in Imo state are terribly bad and unpassable. The worst federal roads in the SE are all in Imo state. FACT.

[s][/s]

The problem with you is denial of obvious. Almost the entire stretch of Awka to Enugu is bad. Have you used Ihiala-Anara Road recently or have you tried accessing Orsu via Ezinifite? No part of Imo State has as much environmental degradation as Obosi or Onitsha in its entirety.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by discusant: 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
American, European and Asian countries did not sign pacts with foreign countries before they became industrialized.

Stop deceiving yourself with pact signature, no one is deceived. Provide the basic infrastructures, Imo people shall industrialize Imo state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Doug07034780891(m): 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2016
Now ans me the road between Awka and Enugu is it still Anambra?
Why do you hate the truth this much? Orlu-Ihiala in Imo state is horribly bad. Owerri-Okigwe is a no go area, Owerri-Aba road is yet another disaster. Why are you a terrible humanbeing? Now look at this..this Owerri, I am yet to see anywhere worse than this place..

[s]
Abagworo:

The problem with you is denial of obvious. Almost the entire stretch of Awka to Enugu is bad. Have you used Ihiala-Anara Road recently or have you tried accessing Orsu via Ezinifite? No part of Imo State has as much environmental degradation as Obosi or Onitsha in its entirety.
[/s]

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Leopantro: 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

list of bad roads I use in OWERRI everyday
1. Bypass next to Government house through shell camp ( which I find very stupid because it is right next to government house) - very bad.
2. control roundabout - can break your shock absorber.
3. road going to world bank - that is not a pot hole, that is a lake. felt very bad when I saw a priest wearing white stuck in the middle of the lake in his car there.
4. Egbada road - use that road only if you have a 4 by 4 and your mechanic is in the car next to you with parts.
5. Works layout to IMSU junction - it's so bad that there is a madman stationed at that road that will tell you you are mad for taking that road.
6. Umuguma - if it rains for 10mins, the road becomes a river. even bike avoid you like the plague if you mention that area.
7. New commissioned Culvert - closed until further commissioning.
8. Round about before CBN - the other day while crossing there and trying to avoid bad spots I found myself facing where I was coming from. a full 180 degrees because of bad road.
9. New road joining works layout to Roachas house - broke my tyroid last week.

no renovation on these roads for the past 4 months.

3 weeks ago, I travelled to the village. got to Amaraku, saw how bad the road was I packed my car and took bike to the village. my reasoning was that if a major road was that bad, the village road would be worse. I was not disappointed.

the governor is working
Roachas is destroying.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Doug07034780891(m): 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
Good Imolites thank you for speaking up. This is the same Owerri the hopeless Abagworo has been deceiving people about. The truth is gradually coming out. When I said that almost all the roads in Owerri and Imo state at large are terribly bad some people thought I was exaggerating it. cheesy

Leopantro:

1. Bypass next to Government house through shell camp ( which I find very stupid because it is right next to government house) - very bad.
3. road going to world bank - that is not a pot hole, that is a lake. felt very bad when I saw a priest wearing white stuck in the middle of the lake in his car there.
4. Egbada road - use that road only if you have a 4 by 4 and your mechanic is in the car next to you with parts.
5. Works layout to IMSU junction - it's so bad that there is a madman stationed at that road that will tell you you are mad for taking that road.
6. Umuguma - if it rains for 10mins, the road becomes a river. even bike avoid you like the plague if you mention that area.
8. Round about before CBN - the other day while crossing there and trying to avoid bad spots I found myself facing where I was coming from. a full 180 degrees because of bad road.

3 weeks ago, I travelled to the village. got to Amaraku, saw how bad the road was I packed my car and took bike to the village. my reasoning was that if a major road was that bad, the village road would be worse. I was not disappointed.

the governor is working
Roachas is destroying.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Payper(m): 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Its obvious you don't reside or have never been to Imo state before. What good roads are in Imo state? You are the ignorant one here.
Is this the first "mega-project" okorocha is signing since his tenure? What has happened to the other projects and their appropriated funds?

4 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by LoveMachine(m): 9:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
Did read I correctly? $2 BILLION!?!?! This can be major for the region!

1 Like

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Abagworo(m): 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
Leopantro:

the governor is working
Roachas is destroying.

Those roads are too few compared with any city in Nigeria. I can mention 100 in Port Harcourt where I reside.
Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Leopantro: 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Good Imolites thank you for speaking up. This is the same Owerri the hopeless Abagworo has been deceiving people about. The truth is gradually coming out. When I said that almost all the roads in Owerri and Imo state are terribly bad some people thought I was exaggerating it. cheesy

Abagworo, let's make it interesting. I'm ready to put down N30,000 as bet to disprove what you type.
I have time and fuel and tomorrow I'm free. I would buy tomorrow's newspaper and take pictures of all the places I mentioned and upload them. if you are ready we would drop the money with anyone and after uploads if people on Nairaland say the roads are thoroughly as bad as I have said, I win. if it is a lie, you win. as you keep saying such wonderful things I'm sure you would be happy winning N60,000 showcasing the good works of the governor.
are you ready?

this would be the easiest money I have gotten in my life.
Bets anyone?

13 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Abagworo(m): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
Payper:

Its obvious you don't reside or have never been to Imo state before. What good roads are in Imo state? You are the ignorant one here.
Is this the first "mega-project" okorocha is signing since his tenure? What has happened to the other projects and their appropriated funds?

Even if I mention roads you would always shift post as long as you are opposition. Example is Ojukwu Boulevard, Dee Sam Road, 1st Inland Road and Wetheral Road. I can produce photos as well. Okorocha recently demolished road side structures to expand roads and opposition went about circulating pictures of the demolished areas as propaganda to mislead those that don't know.

1 Like

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Doug07034780891(m): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hehehehe..

Osetigo.. cheesy

The truth must always prevail

Leopantro:

Abagworo, let's make it interesting. I'm ready to put down N30,000 as bet to disprove what you type.
I have time and fuel and tomorrow I'm free. I would buy tomorrow's newspaper and take pictures of all the places I mentioned and upload them. if you are ready we would drop the money with anyone and after uploads if people on Nairaland say the roads are thoroughly as bad as I have said, I win. if it is a lie, you win. as you keep saying such wonderful things I'm sure you would be happy winning N60,000 showcasing the good works of the governor.
are you ready?

this would be the easiest money I have gotten in my life.
Bets anyone?

6 Likes

Re: Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) by Leopantro: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Those roads are too few compared with any city in Nigeria. I can mention 100 in Port Harcourt where I reside.

I don't care about the 100 you can mention. you said and I quote.

Imo State has very good roads. The only bad road is that Imo boundary with Rivers State which is less than 5km and will soon be completed.

has the definition of roads changed?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari To Begin South-East Tour - Governor Okorocha reveals / Abia State To Get $125 Million From Islamic Development Bank For Roads / Nigeria Has 24 Hours To Stop NGO Billl - Amnesty International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.