Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Professionals Should Help With Their Opinions On This Building Plan - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Professionals Should Help With Their Opinions On This Building Plan (20128 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) / Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. / How Much Will It Cost Me To Develop This Building Plan To Roofing (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professionals Should Help With Their Opinions On This Building Plan by lusen(m): 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
Arnoldfish:
I second you. I bet most ppl don't know who an Architect is. You all think architecture is just about drawing buildings so you equate then with draughtsman. Architecture is much more than all of that. Pls read up and correct yourselves. A draughtsman can not be close to an "architect" in quote. If so, then the so-called architect is not qualified to be one. Draughting is just a Little course in architecture as well as planning, so if you meet a draughtsman that's good in planning, you still dont make any sense equating both @iamjayprone. Thanks

Thank you very much for this comment. Most people simply don't know who an architect is. That is why road-side CAD draughters are easily mistaken for an architect. presently, there are less than 4000 Architects in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Professionals Should Help With Their Opinions On This Building Plan by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 28, 2016
iamjayprone:
okay you right maybe even graduating from school as an archictectural student is not good enough to say you can professionalise what you did in school,i don't know but their is certainly no excuse for not being not good at the profession your are doing,if you are graduate and you have clients and you are working and charging them and you still not good,well i dont know what to say.......then you word REAL ARCHICTECT, kindly help differentiate them from fake ARCHITECTS please
Seen. Okay so you know. A person is called an architect after he has gotten his license from NIA: who requires that you complete your MSc and have a 'logged' work experience of at least 18 months; then you seat for an exam in Abuja. If you don't have that license, you are not an architect... Simple. Those who have completed their Msc but not gotten the license are permitted to be called a Graduate Architect. I hope I have dealt with this Sir
Re: Professionals Should Help With Their Opinions On This Building Plan by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 28, 2016
yosmen:
draughtsman claiming architect because he can d
raw residential builds that looks beautiful...all the principles they copy who originates them?.. architecture is more than just design of buildings especially residential buildings.
Let a draightman go and design institutional buildings,industrial designs and environmental designs then we can know who is the boss
I love this guy #nohomo
Re: Professionals Should Help With Their Opinions On This Building Plan by Hemzy38: 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
Pls can someone help me on estimate in building a 3 bedroom bungalow, double mini flat and 4 shop. All together in a full plot of land.
Re: Professionals Should Help With Their Opinions On This Building Plan by alist(m): 4:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hemzy38:
Pls can someone help me on estimate in building a 3 bedroom bungalow, double mini flat and 4 shop. All together in a full plot of land.
pm me or send a mail to alistdevelopers@yahoo.com
Re: Professionals Should Help With Their Opinions On This Building Plan by iamjayprone(m): 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
jammy12:

Seen. Okay so you know. A person is called an architect after he has gotten his license from NIA: who requires that you complete your MSc and have a 'logged' work experience of at least 18 months; then you seat for an exam in Abuja. If you don't have that license, you are not an architect... Simple. Those who have completed their Msc but not gotten the license are permitted to be called a Graduate Architect. I hope I have dealt with this Sir
okay but i didn't belive you must have a masters degree before becoming an archictect no,infact in the western world their are some profesional architects that don't really go to school much they learned their skills mostly from apprenticeship and became very successful.
Re: Professionals Should Help With Their Opinions On This Building Plan by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
iamjayprone:
okay but i didn't belive you must have a masters degree before becoming an archictect no,infact in the western world their are some profesional architects that don't really go to school much they learned their skills mostly from apprenticeship and became very successful.
You don't believe me, ask where you learn your skill from maybe they know. Or ask any Top architect you know. The western guys are different from us: Getting a RIBA or AIA license is more straightforward. Also if you don't have an MSC degree, you can still get it sha but you will suffer. And It takes more years and more than 3 extra exams. I am done with this section self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Destroys House In Maryland, Lagos This Morning / Modern, Comfortable & Durable Fabric Sofa For Your Living Room (pic) / Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.