Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Raise Your Vocabulary By 400 Words Before Christmas (Day 5) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Raise Your Vocabulary By 400 Words Before Christmas (Day 5) (1100 Views)

13 Evils Of Boarding School, Why You Must Raise Your Children From Home / How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills / 15 Words You Should Eliminate From Your Vocabulary To Sound Smarter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raise Your Vocabulary By 400 Words Before Christmas (Day 5) by ayolatun(m): 10:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
According to language monitor, there are 1,025,109 words in English language. Nevertheless, I don't think you'll need that amount of words to communicate effectively. However, your vocabulary should be robust and should indicate your level of knowledge.

Shaquille O'Neal, a retired American professional basketball player told a story during his induction into the Basketball Hall of Fame. O'Neal said he got a scholarship into college because he was able to impress the coach with a word he had just picked out of the dictionary that day. The coach must have thought of him as a brilliant kid. So, Shaq was awarded a scholarship to college and then ended up as one of the most dominant centers in the NBA.

See how important it is to build your vocabulary?

Jingle bells...

Challenge begins - Day 5

https://infobinger..com.ng/

Re: Raise Your Vocabulary By 400 Words Before Christmas (Day 5) by unlimiteddammi(m): 10:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
BRB!

1 Like

Re: Raise Your Vocabulary By 400 Words Before Christmas (Day 5) by okikiosibodu(m): 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
Informative. I dey follow you

Re: Raise Your Vocabulary By 400 Words Before Christmas (Day 5) by Marvyx(m): 8:05am On Sep 24, 2016
Correct man.. I like you to continue.

1 Like

Re: Raise Your Vocabulary By 400 Words Before Christmas (Day 5) by ayolatun(m): 9:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
Here's a quote by Leonardo da Vinci,

"Learning never exhausts the mind"

Day 1 of the challenge was great.We started with words such as abash, abdicate, aberrant and abet. Remember, the key to improving your vocabulary is not by memorizing the words but it's by understanding and consistently applying the words. Don't get tired, enjoy.

Re: Raise Your Vocabulary By 400 Words Before Christmas (Day 5) by ayolatun(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
okikiosibodu:
Informative. I dey follow you

Alright bro
Re: Raise Your Vocabulary By 400 Words Before Christmas (Day 5) by ayolatun(m): 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
Did you know we only use 10% of our brain capacity. Imagine what you could do with just 50%.

It's day 3, enjoy today's words.

1 Like

Re: Raise Your Vocabulary By 400 Words Before Christmas (Day 5) by ayolatun(m): 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2016
I will begin today's post with a quote from Napoleon Hill and it says,

The starting point of all achievement is desire

You want anything in life, you need to have desire for it. A desire that radiates a strong wish, will eventually lead to success. There are a lot of learning points attached to this journey of improving vocabulary by 400 words before Christmas.

It's not just about the words, but the process that you and I go through to becoming better at something. And I think that process is the same in all facets of life. Success is Universal and it takes God, perseverance, hard work... You name it.

Enjoy today's words.

https://infobinger..com.ng/2016/09/raise-your-vocabulary-by-400-words_28.html

Re: Raise Your Vocabulary By 400 Words Before Christmas (Day 5) by ayolatun(m): 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
It's day five already and we have gone through twenty words (some peeps better be feeling smarter!). Please do remember that the only way to benefit from this exercise is to use these words at the slightest opportunity.

And by the time we get to word three hundred and ninety-five, you'll feel like an Harvard or Yale graduate. Also, don't be selfish ( share with your family, friends and even enemies). Just spread the love.

Enjoy today's words.

Please share and drop your suggestions/feedback.

http://infobinger..com/2016/09/raise-your-vocabulary-by-400-words_30.html

(1) (Reply)

19 Facts That Will Blow Away Your Mind!! / JAMB 2017 UTME Registration Guidelines For All Students & CBT Centers / TOEFL Registration Centers In Nigeria| Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.