Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,021 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

I Am Tired Of Nigerian Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Tired Of Nigerian Politics (390 Views)

Youths In Abuja Protest Age Limit In Nigerian Politics (Photos) / Fayose Has Become A Legend In Nigerian Politics – Shekarau / Fani-Kayode: "Jimoh Ibrahim Is The Biggest Judas In Nigerian Politics Today" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Tired Of Nigerian Politics by moriton(m): 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
I know am not the first to say this and will probably not be the last, but for the first time I actually mean it. What kinda country are we in. It's really a zoo down here. People are suffering and all and yet nothing is done simply because of the generational caused mentality of somehow somehow 'e go better'.

The rich just sit back and watch us struggle and do next to nothing about it. As long as their security and life is not threatened, they don't really care. How do they even put the poor in their place?, Nothing but the carrot and stick approach. And this carrot is aways dangled bu the politicians during elections.

Speaking of politicians, I read of the legislature who slept in the state House, what are his constituents doing to reprimand him?. What of other ineffectual leaders like the governors, state representatives and even the president. Many are complaining of how they are not just good enough and can't wait till 2019 to change them. My question is, must we wait till 2019?. Are there no constitutional ways we as a people can use to remove them from public office say through a vote of no confidence.

Must we give them all the time to restrategize before 2019 and appear to come out clean only to enrich themselves after reelection, what kinda country is this.

A sitting president will blame former presidents of failing to save for the rainy days only to engage in obnoxious expenditure when it's not only raining but hail and storm. Case in point excessive merrygo round around the world. One leader blames the other for failure but they all meet during FEC and I wonder if failure and "success" ever mix.

To the last straw that broke the camel's back, call it final nail to the coffin. I watched with disgust the action of youths who are supposed leaders of tomorrow protest the assumed witch hunting of former first lady, Dame Patience. I don't know what kinda hard work she will be doing to have $5Million sitting in her account. Not to talk of other accounts.

Now this is just one of the few that has come to light, what of others. Of other wives not to talk of leaders of this zoo that has not come to light. Imagine how our collective wealth sits in their various foreign and local accounts and as every typical Nigerian will be the first to sympathize with the poor in the land when they know they have contributed directly and indirectly to their poverty.

My thoughts are not organized but I hope my message gets across. Let's stop the talk and do the walk. Action the say speaks louder than words.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Ooni Of Ife Oba Enitan Adeyeye With Late Oba Sijuwade / BREAKING: APC Leads PDP By 5,616 Votes Halfway To Results Announcement / Buhari Asks Ministries And Parastatals To Sort Out Salary Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.