Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Installimg A New Operating System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Installimg A New Operating System (1988 Views)

How To Install New Operating System Without Having To Reinstall Applications / My Sony Pc Does Not Allow Me To Install New Operating System / Google's New Operating System, Codename Chrome (not The Browser) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Installimg A New Operating System by tirex(m): 11:54am On Oct 13, 2009
guys pls wat do i do,i need to install a new operating system for someone.but the person wants me to backup her files,first,including the drivers,she uses windows xp
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by DualCore1: 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2009
Get a removable hard drive, copy the contents of her Desktop, her My Documents folder, and any other places she would have things (i dont understand the complexity of the female gender too well, they might have other places they keep things on their computers).

Get a driver backup utility (please google it) and backup all her drivers.

I dunno how safe it is to say you're good to go with installing the new OS but i think you're good to go now.

slip the XP CD in and install (if this sounds like your worst line of greek, just google "how to install windows xp from cd"wink

when you're done, restore the drivers using the same backup utility u used to back them up.
copy her backed up files into the right places
put back her wallpaper tongue
ask her out for dinner (ask her on my behalf, i will be the one taking her out. you're married, dont forget that.)

P.S: in place of a removeable hard drive, you could use a different partition on the system (one that you are sure not to format during installation)
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2009
^^^^

yours truly has a 500gb hard drive in seven partitions - se7en, xp, media ,misc , games , work applications, vitual hard drive

i try to keep all my files out of my windows partition -

if only windows supported keeping app settings out of the root drive - i' d b made

as it is i usually back up all those app setting folders before doing a reinstall -so that i can simply copy back
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by joys24: 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2009
just do as Dual Core told u dats best way.
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by 4llerbe(m): 5:56pm On Oct 16, 2009
He he he. Unless d bloke's a genius i'l eat my hat if he gets any of wat u said just like that. Guy u no fit lecture o lol.

Abeg gud 4 him, dt way he must learn n not b lazy.
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by DualCore1: 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2009
everyone is a geniusĀ  tongue
it just takes some genius to get the genius outĀ  smiley

4llerbe:

Guy u no fit lecture o lol.
ouch now that hurts! how could u take sides with my gf on my lecturing skills?
boy, how happy she would be to see this angry
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by tirex(m): 11:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
5yrs dwn d line,Looking @ where I am nw.no one wud ever believe I asked this kind of question...
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by brightnelly(f): 12:51am On Jul 17, 2014
tirex: 5yrs dwn d line,Looking @ where I am nw.no one wud ever believe I asked this kind of question...
life is a gradual process bro!!!
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by tirex(m): 7:59am On Jul 17, 2014
brightnelly:
life is a gradual process bro!!!
Yes oh...thanks jare
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by brightnelly(f): 10:36am On Jul 17, 2014
tirex: Yes oh...thanks jare

Please always endeavour to extend a helping hand and God will endeavour to increase ur knowledge!!!
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by tirex(m): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
brightnelly:

Please always endeavour to extend a helping hand and God will endeavour to increase ur knowledge!!!
Will do my best...Amen oh..Thanks..
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by DrinkWater10: 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2018
tirex:

Will do my best...Amen oh..Thanks..
hello bro, Help, my windows 8 cannot open or install an exe file. I've downloaded other exe files, but still experience the same problem. The UAC window pops up asking If I want the program to make changes in the computer. I tick yes and then nothing happens- literally.
I need an urgent solution to this problem
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by udemzyudex(m): 4:28am On Dec 29, 2018
DrinkWater10:

hello bro, Help, my windows 8 cannot open or install an exe file. I've downloaded other exe files, but still experience the same problem. The UAC window pops up asking If I want the program to make changes in the computer. I tick yes and then nothing happens- literally.
I need an urgent solution to this problem

Re-install the operating system,all your files will be be intact except apps which you can download back.
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by Gbengageorge: 2:33am On Dec 30, 2018
From 2014, I see responses in 2018, I guess the laptop go don't die sef, not to talk of the issues it had.
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by DrinkWater10: 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2019
udemzyudex:

Re-install the operating system,all your files will be be intact except apps which you can download back.
Thanks
I mistakenly deleted Partition D drive, and now I can't seem to find it. What re the implications of doing so, is there anything in the D partition, and is there any way to recover the deleted partition D.
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by udemzyudex(m): 7:52pm On Jan 05, 2019
DrinkWater10:

Thanks
I mistakenly deleted Partition D drive, and now I can't seem to find it. What re the implications of doing so, is there anything in the D partition, and is there any way to recover the deleted partition D.

As long as u don't have important files there just create another partition if necessary.
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by DrinkWater10: 11:56pm On Jan 05, 2019
udemzyudex:

As long as u don't have important files there just create another partition if necessary.
but how about the memory space allocated to the memory card, what happened to it?
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by udemzyudex(m): 4:52am On Jan 06, 2019
DrinkWater10:

but how about the memory space allocated to the memory card, what happened to it?

You said you deleted it right? It is gone.
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by DrinkWater10: 10:27am On Jan 06, 2019
udemzyudex:

Thanks. If I do system restore, I'll lose my microsoft office. Can I just walk into shops and by the ms office in CD and install back, would this process require product key?
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by udemzyudex(m): 11:25am On Jan 06, 2019
DrinkWater10:

Thanks. If I do system restore, I'll lose my microsoft office. Can I just walk into shops and by the ms office in CD and install back, would this process require product key?

Everything will be inside the cd if you decide to buy.
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by DrinkWater10: 12:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
udemzyudex:

Senior man. Any do you know how I can get replacement battery for Samsung laptop Model Qx411?
How much would it cost me?
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by udemzyudex(m): 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2020
DrinkWater10:

Senior man. Any do you know how I can get replacement battery for Samsung laptop Model Qx411?
How much would it cost me?

I can't give you exact price unless I confirm but as it is computer village is close due to the Corona virus case.
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by DrinkWater10: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
udemzyudex:

I can't give you exact price unless I confirm but as it is computer village is close due to the Corona virus case.
No wahala bro.
Anytime
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by DrinkWater10: 9:17am On Jun 12, 2020
udemzyudex:

Hello. How about now?
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by DrinkWater10: 1:37am On Jun 13, 2020
udemzyudex:

How about now brother
Do you know how much it would cost to get replacement battery for Samsung laptop Model np-Qx411
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by DrinkWater10: 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
udemzyudex:

How about now boss
Samsung laptop qx411 battery
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by geodemainguy(m): 4:50am On Oct 02, 2020
Hello good morning. Please how can one use dual monitor during an online test without being detected by proctoring. Is there anything I need to disable on the laptop first, so that the display screen will not show dual monitor. Please l will appreciate urgent response.
Re: Installimg A New Operating System by Tunex252(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2020
Just continue with the upgrade but don't format the hard disk, Windows will save all your documents to win.old and from there u will be able to recover all your files

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Hp Compaq Desktop For Sale / Neatly Used Mtn Hynetflex Router With Usb Cable For Power Bank Charging.. / Neat UK Used Dell Latitude 7490 - 8GB RAM, Core i7, 8th Gen, Affordable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.