Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts (29231 Views)

EFCC Traces Slush Funds To More Supreme Court Justices / Obanikoro Offers To Refund N785m Slush Fund / Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by sarrki(m): 5:39am On Sep 24, 2016
Alleged slush funds accounts belong to my late mum, says Patience Jonathan

•Ex-First Lady says she owns only one of controversial accounts.
PDP Senators rally round her

A twist has occurred in the alleged slush accounts traced to the former First Lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, with claims by her counsel that two of the accounts belonged to her late mother, Madam Charity Fyneface Oba.

The counsel, Mr. Charles Ogboli,  also admitted that only three of the five accounts in dispute could be traced to the ex-First Lady and her mum.

But there were indications yesterday that some senators of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) held a meeting on Thursday, where they vowed to back the former First Lady in her suit against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the freezing of about $19.8 million in her accounts.

At press time, it was gathered that Mrs. Jonathan was in Abuja where she was strategising on how to win her case.

The ex-First Lady’s counsel spoke on the Channels Television discussion programme, Sunrise.

The defence of the First Lady has also gone viral on YouTube to underscore her readiness for a fight to the finish with EFCC.

Ogboli is however the third lawyer in three weeks to speak on behalf of Mrs. Jonathan.

Ogboli said:  “That is not true. The First Lady did not hold five accounts. They are three accounts. The First Lady was  the signatory of one account and the mother was a signatory to the other two accounts.

“These accounts were not on a company’s name; it is on a personal data name of the First Lady. If you check, the BVN showed clearly on a personal name.

“And if you go through the BVN, it shows that it is her personal account; it is not connected with the companies facing trial.

“The First Lady was never privy to the companies standing trial. The money that is in the account ($5 million) should be left to the First Lady.”

Responding to a question, Ogboli added: “I am explaining on behalf of the First Lady that this is what transpired.”

He maintained that the former  First Lady had protested between 2013 and 2014 against the  use of unknown companies to open accounts for her by the former Senior Special Assistant (Domestic / Household and Social Events to the former President), Dr. Dudafa Waripamo-Owei Emmanuel.

He said: “What I am trying to say is that the domestic servant, Dudafa, who was asked to open accounts, went ahead to use a company’s  account which the First Lady discovered and said I am not part of this.

“She said ‘I am not a director of this company, neither am I a shareholder. I did not present any certificate of incorporation, I didn’t ask them to open any  account using a company or companies’. The discovery was made between 2013 and 2014 and immediately she kicked against it.

“ So, you don’t link her with the company that she does not know anything about.”

As at press time, some PDP Senators had resolved to rally round Mrs. Jonathan in her battle with the EFCC.

A source said: “Some PDP Senators have been meeting on a daily basis on how to give support to Mrs. Jonathan. They even met on Thursday and the battle will involve a bit of propaganda too.

“At the appropriate time, we will reveal the identities of the affected  senators based on intelligence report. The corrupt will always protect their own.

“Some of these senators  are even the ones bankrolling a part of this  battle between the former First Lady and the EFCC.”

A report of the EFCC investigative team had implicated the former First Lady.

The report of the investigative team said in part: “Based on the investigation so far carried out, it has revealed that the four fraudulent VISA Platinum USD Card accounts used by Mrs. Patience Goodluck Jonathan  has a cumulative balance of $14,029.881.79 which has been swept Post No Debit Card category.

“Again, her personal account, different from the four fraudulent VISA Platinum USD Card accounts, bears the balance of $5,841,426.17.

“Considering the above stated findings, we can safely conclude that a prima facie case of conspiracy to retain proceeds of unlawful activities, retention of the proceeds of unlawful activities, money laundering contrary to Section 15(3) and 18(a) of the Money Laundering ( Prohibition) (Amendment) Act, 2012 and forgery contrary to Section 1(2) (c) of the Miscellaneous Offences Act,  Cap M17, Laws of the Federation, 2004 have been established against the aforementioned suspects.”

The EFCC claimed that all the funds traced to Patience Jonathan’s accounts were proceeds of gratification.

The report said: “The intelligence revealed that Dr. Dudafa Waripamo-Owei Emmanuel fraudulently received various sums of money, being proceeds of gratification and retained same on behalf of the then First Family and for himself .

http://thenationonlineng.net/alleged-slush-funds-accounts-belong-late-mum-says-patience-jonathan/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by agwom(m): 5:41am On Sep 24, 2016
ok
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by IstandWitBuhari: 5:42am On Sep 24, 2016
Ok o
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by modath(f): 5:43am On Sep 24, 2016
[size=14pt]
He maintained that the former  First Lady had protested between 2013 and 2014 against the  use of unknown companies to open accounts for her by the former Senior Special Assistant (Domestic / Household and Social Events to the former President), Dr. Dudafa Waripamo-Owei Emmanuel..[/size]

This woman must think all of us are delusional wailers...

Mehn, a kant wait for the usual suspects to defend this fantabulous "gem".... She protested against account opening but the platinum cards are in her possession....

Ojigbijigbi ooooo, Bwahahahahahahahahaha cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

220 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 24, 2016
modath:
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
what's making you so joyous? a matter that should be of serious concern... you're here laughing hysterically... as if you won the lottery?
you think it is a joke? a comedy show or what?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by sarrki(m): 5:49am On Sep 24, 2016
Hmmmm

Our youth it's high time we wake up to reality

This politicians either from north or south have one

Thing in common , to loot our common wealth

They use religion & ethnicity to conjure the gullible

Nigerians .

The truth is they don't care about religion or which tribe

The partner in crime is from.

165 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by signature2012(m): 5:49am On Sep 24, 2016
Is a matter of time,some day Aisha Buhari will be investigated like this.

Her watches and bags are worth millions,but we were told her hubby only own 150 cows before the election.

Efcc is very active now,chasing after political opponent.

Minister of interior,nothing has been said about the mansion he own in Boston.

Chief of Army staff bought houses in dubai in his wife name,nothin said.

Chief of staff to Buhari collected 500m bribe to cover up an oil magnate case,nothin said.

Saraki case buried.

Dogara budget padding,no case.

And you will tell me Buhari is fighting corruption?

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by sarrki(m): 5:51am On Sep 24, 2016
signature2012:

Her watches and bags are worth millions,but we were told her hubby only own 150 cows before the election.

Please can you for once think of our generation yet

Unborn ?

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by modath(f): 5:55am On Sep 24, 2016
signature2012:

Your siggy says you are sitting with world leaders to move nations forward... How? What a misnomer

.Yours is a special case of bipolar disorder mixed with ailments that need prompt medical attention and high dose of potent lagactyl...

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by signature2012(m): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2016
sarrki:

Please can you for once think of our generation yet

Unborn ?

My unborn generation are settled very well.I don't have to wait for Nigeria government or politicians to plan my life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Firefire(m): 6:02am On Sep 24, 2016
APC children from the covens, always very happy when the names of their political enemies are being mentioned.

Btw: Sickness & Death to all looters.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Firefire(m): 6:03am On Sep 24, 2016
signature2012:

Chief of staff to Buhari collected 500m bribe to cover up an oil magnate case,nothin said.

Saraki case buried.

How can a morally kworupt Buhary fight kworoption?

He even went as far as telling the whole world that "Abacha did not steal any money". Imagine?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by signature2012(m): 6:10am On Sep 24, 2016
modath:

Your siggy says you are sitting with world leaders to move nations forward... How? What a misnomer

.Yours is a special case of bipolar disorder mixed with ailments that need prompt medical attention and high dose of potent lagactyl...

This government keep fooling you daily with excuses,they dish fake and unreal stories just to make you think they are working.

How many of the so called corrupt people from the last dispensation have been convicted?

They use the media to deceive you daily and you believe them,you better wake and stop been decieved,you think Buhari care about you?

I saw him and his family some days ago in New York here,they are enjoying their life and you are there ****

I see you post evertime as a die hard fan of Buhari,tell me,since he came in as president,what has changed in your life?

Are you buying gas same price you bought it during the last administration?

Price of food stuff has skyrocketed.

People are loosing their jobs daily.

Some are even commuting suicide due to hunger and frustration.

He has run the country into recession,and think by selling some of the National assets is the solution.

He should sell all the presidential jets to enable him sit at home and make the country better,but he prefer to junket about with his family at the expense of tax payers money.

Have your salary been increase or I guess you are a paid agent!

Nb **** cause with all this happening and you have not for once blame this man in how he has run the country grounded,****

The economy is shrinking daily and what he does is to blame,blame and blame.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Pavore9: 6:18am On Sep 24, 2016
This episode of tales by moonlight is getting more interesting! cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Cutehector(m): 6:22am On Sep 24, 2016
Dull lies!

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Rilwayne001: 6:24am On Sep 24, 2016
MORE LIES COMING FROM SHEPOPOTAMUS shocked shocked shocked

I tell you, Jonathan will soon be bringing food to you in prison.

Barawo Banza angry

34 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 24, 2016
Nigeria's dumbest first lady undecided

42 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 24, 2016
signature2012:

Saraki case buried.

Bring forth your claims if you've anything Aisha Buhari

36 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by maryjan8(f): 6:27am On Sep 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Rilwayne001: 6:28am On Sep 24, 2016
signature2012:
[s]
You are very sick,you need to visit a psychiatrist.
This government keep fooling you daily with excuses,they dish fake and unreal stories just to make you think they are working.
How many of the so called corrupt politician from the last dispensation have been convicted? They use the media to deceive you daily and you believe them,you better wake and stop been decieved,you think Buhari care about you? I saw him and his family some days ago in New York here,they are enjoying their life and you are there still a$$ licking. I see you post evertime as a die hard fan of Buhari,tell me,since he came in as president,what has changed in your life? Are you buying gas same price you bought it during the last administration? Have your salary been increase or I guess you are a paid agent! The economy is shrinking daily and what he does is to blame,blame and blame.
[/s]

Who is licking the ass of a politician here? Even if it's true that they are trying to divert our attention away from the mess going on in the country, what do you have to say about the huge sum looted by shepopo?

I guess you have a share in it hence the reason why you are licking ... Yuck!

47 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:29am On Sep 24, 2016
Still observing
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by signature2012(m): 6:32am On Sep 24, 2016
Rilwayne001:
[/s]

Who is licking the ass of a politician here? Even if it's true that they are trying to divert our attention away from the mess going on in the country, what do you have to say about the huge sum looted by shepopo?

I guess you have a share in it hence the reason why you are licking ... Yuck!

If PEJ has stolen funds in her in account,kindly take are to court and let he court do the needful and stop using the media daily to prove as if buhari and his team are saints.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Rilwayne001: 6:35am On Sep 24, 2016
signature2012:

If PEJ has stolen funds in her in account,kindly take are to court and let he court do the needful and stop using the media daily to prove as if buhari and his team are saints.

She's already been taking to court, so what point are you trying to make?

40 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Godfullsam(m): 6:43am On Sep 24, 2016
Corruption is fighting Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 24, 2016
There is surely more to this than meets the eye.
corruption is just a word , afterall "Abacha wasn't corrupt" yet Mallam Buhari is doing all that is humanly possible to repatriate "Abacha's stolen monnies".
Let the courts decide on the case, I can't categorically say anything about this matter cos it would be extra-judicial.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 24, 2016
she must be a selfish, and heartless being.

She stole our collective resources, yet fighting tooth, and nail not to loose what rightly belongs to the public..

This is when a crook know the law..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by strongmallam: 7:03am On Sep 24, 2016
yet more stories
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by ahamonyeka(m): 7:06am On Sep 24, 2016
Which political office was your mother holding or what kind of kind job does she do?

9 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts by Brooklynsouth(f): 7:08am On Sep 24, 2016
sarrki:
Hmmmm

Our youth it's high time we wake up to reality

This politicians either from north or south have one

Thing in common , to loot our common wealth

They use religion & ethnicity to conjure the gullible

Nigerians .

The truth is they don't care about religion or which tribe

The partner in crime is from.
until I see tinubu's head oN my plate we the good people SE/SS won't adhere to this your fake activism how cn one man own Half of lagos yet nO yoruba youth wants to stand up for their Fake activism rubbish until fashola and tinubu are hung @ a gallow mama peace is a Saint and she's my role model

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four Soldiers Die As Troops Uncover Yobe Bomb Factory / "Nigerians Trust Buhari" - Femi Adesina Replies Jonathan / #GandujeGate: Video showing Kano governor receiving bribe is authentic, Jaafar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.