Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

My First Week As Teacher - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My First Week As Teacher (18794 Views)

Earn Up To N50,000 A Week As A Driver Ambassador With Taxify Abuja / Earn Up To N150K A Week As An Uber Partner In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Week As Teacher by yak(m): 11:00am On Sep 24, 2016
dadebayo1:

My brother relax and enjoy the job... Sincerely you will eventually derive so much joy in impacting knowledge on students... The reward can not be quantified in terms of money... I am an education officer and I must confess I enjoy doing the job because of the feedback from students.... There is so much joy when you even meet students you taught who are now responsible men and women in the society.. Believe me some of my students are even on nairaland grin just look beyond the pay and enjoy it while it last.... All the best

let's not deceive ourselves, unless it's ur own school, it's not worth it. I had same mindset for abt 5yrs but as my financial obligations were rising the praises from both students and parents cldnt pick it, I borrow leg run from classroom.
My verdict is that teaching in all these mushroom private schools is a waste of talent and human resources

5 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:
People are doin serious manual labor and are earning peanuts, you are just imparting knowledge with voice and are complaining..

Give the op what he wants or pass, better still you can pass your message in a better way, seriously must you comment?
Re: My First Week As Teacher by ibkgab001: 11:01am On Sep 24, 2016
RULE 9 broken

Oga Seun , professor lalasticlala Mynd44

E bode ooooo meaning ... Please come out another 419
Re: My First Week As Teacher by treasure1997(f): 11:02am On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:
People are doin serious manual labor and are earning peanuts, you are just imparting knowledge with voice and are complaining..
If u dnt knw, brain work or lemme say impartin knowledge is harder dan manual labor

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by MistaBabz: 11:02am On Sep 24, 2016
funnynation:
The work load is very heavy compare to the amount. In Abuja here, most schools pay very well and your work load will be less.. Divine Mercy in Asokoro.. Graduate 60k and above and you will take only one class..

Please is there vacancy in the school? I stay in Asokoro. I have B. Sc. Computer Science

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Franklerry: 11:03am On Sep 24, 2016
Na true o. Teachers are paid peanuts after staying 8.00am to 4pm. That is why u always see teachers vacancy every where. For me i teach per time french amd their is shortage of french teacher in nigeria accordin to my researche. D least i charge is #1500 for like 2hrs. Some 15k two times a week. Even my frien said is cheap. Am still hurstln to get higher pay. I hav 2 school calln me now. I graduate in unilag finance. They alway ask me can i teach other subject i will tell them NO. Na me una won use die.....though i spent thress year in Gabon

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Week As Teacher by kernigsloan: 11:05am On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:
"It's an ERROR to be so intelligent, knowledgeable, talented, charismatic and educated with 1st class & 2nd class degrees, yet your BANK ACCOUNT is EMPTY" Lols

Some people prefer to search for job for 2, 3, 4 to 5 years and they think nothing wrong with that. And they see starting up a business as difficult task. People work for 25 to 35 years and retire broke and wretched, which is not normal.

Economy is on a recession, workers haven't receive their salaries for months and people still keep searching for government work. The population of unemployed Youths is on the rise with every batch that passes out of the NYSC scheme and there is no white collar jobs.

And someone comes to me and say,Sam! invest N3,200 in this network business and start earning money every month and I said, "bros move, all na scam" that I cannot talk, I cannot see people and I cannot hawk. Then I see people making real money from it, getting alerts. But I keep saying na fake, na lie and I keep bribing someone to get a government job that the salary is #25,000 which is not constant and the person keep making money from me all in the name of helping me get a job but at the end of the day I did not get the job. And I now sat down to calculate how much I have spend searching for a job of #25,000 as a salary because I want my name to be in government pay roll and put on suit every morning then and I realized that I have spend #180,000. Then I now asked myself a question why didn't I give that business a try?

Leveraging is the different between WORK HARD and WORK SMART. Work hard 2 earn salary & create income. Wen u work & earn salary, ur income grow linearly but wen u ar creating wealth by leveraging, ur income grows exponentially. Also when u work 4 som1, u hav no tim freedom, bt wen u leverages, u hav total tim freedom. Wen u work as salary earner, money stops wen wrk stops bt wen u leverage,income keeps coming. There4 it is left 4 u 2 think deep & choose btwn earning salary and leveraging. Leverage is the profit you make on the efforts of others. The richest men in this world make their money through the POWER OF LEVERAGING.(Network business).

To be rich is HARD, to be poor is very simple and free of charge You are the one to make your choice.

Behind Every GREAT idea, there are people saying it won't work, and these are people depend on the government for job but fail to think "what if it works?"

WHAT IF U THINK IT WILL NOT WORK AND WHAT IF IT WORK;
The queue to the ATM machine was something else because we all wanted to withdraw money. Although there was another machine beside it, nobody moved towards the second machine. We had about 25 people on one single queue.
When my sis & I got there, I also went to queue but she asked one of the customers what was wrong with the other machine. "I don't know", he said, '... but somebody said there is no money in it'.
After listening to that 'somebody' tale, my sis told me to move straight to the machine everyone neglected and inserted my card. Lo and behold, the same machine 'somebody' said would not work, dispensed the sum of N25,000.
As we were walking away like
a magician, others who saw some cash I had withdrawn
broke away from the initial queue and rushed to that machine.
Why did I tell you this experience?
1. People don't get something they need from somewhere because they refused to try.
2. People refused to try because 'somebody' somewhere said it won't work.
3 The somebody somewhere may be an old authority who doesn't believe in evolution.
4. People won't take steps to do what others don't do because of the 'what if it doesn't work?' question.
5. People ask this question because they don't want to take risks.
6. Those who don't take the risk of checking if the other machine is working will remain on the long queue and may not even get what they need eventually. Meaning achieving in 2hrs what they could have achieved in 2min.
7. When a pacesetter comes and succeeds after 'chesting' the criticisms, others break ranks and follow him.
Therefore, stop believing 'the somebody' that asks 'what if it doesn't work?'
Ask another question: 'What if it works?'
Never allow anybody to discourage you

If you have not learn how to make money even while sleeping, you will work until you die. Networking business, the only option that will tell you how possible it is to be sleeping and making money. That is, if you are with the right company. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication let's talk about business that works that you will start with just #3,200 and within a year or two, you will start counting millions and doesn't disturb your other work.
chai. u jus released stuff. thanks for this.Most people won't understand this. they ll jus read and pass
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:
you really feel its all abt talking ryt, giv it a try I bet you, you wuld find yourself after being revived in a hospital bay.

2 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by DebbieSean(f): 11:07am On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:

Ah! Manual labour bawo That's why I went to school in the first place, so that I dont end up a labourer. You only
Just need to know how much these school owners gain from students, and then compare it to what the main ''actors'' the teachers collect.
Hmmm...it depends on the kind of environment and the students in your school. if their pay is on the high side, your salary will be high too but if it's the middle class that have children there, you should be thankful to get that oo, and in this recession too? Bro, just don't work hard alone but smartly too, you can learn well in the profession and who knows?
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Cutehector(m): 11:07am On Sep 24, 2016
Estelle247:
you really feel its all abt talking ryt, giv it a try I bet you, you wuld find yourself after being revived in a hospital bay.
Pls i"ve taught people.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by DebbieSean(f): 11:09am On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:

Ah! Manual labour bawo That's why I went to school in the first place, so that I dont end up a labourer. You only
Just need to know how much these school owners gain from students, and then compare it to what the main ''actors'' the teachers collect.
Hmmm...it depends on the kind of environment and the students in your school. if their pay is on the high side, your salary will be high too but if it's the middle class that have children there, you should be thankful to get that oo, and in this recession too? Bro, just don't work hard alone but smartly too, you can learn well in the profession and who knows? You could start a tutorial centre like the guy who the guy who earns 90-110k monthly in his tutorial business.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by BIDOO(m): 11:09am On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:
"It's an ERROR to be so intelligent, knowledgeable, talented, charismatic and educated with 1st class & 2nd class degrees, yet your BANK ACCOUNT is EMPTY" Lols

Some people prefer to search for job for 2, 3, 4 to 5 years and they think nothing wrong with that. And they see starting up a business as difficult task. People work for 25 to 35 years and retire broke and wretched, which is not normal.

Economy is on a recession, workers haven't receive their salaries for months and people still keep searching for government work. The population of unemployed Youths is on the rise with every batch that passes out of the NYSC scheme and there is no white collar jobs.

And someone comes to me and say,Sam! invest N3,200 in this network business and start earning money every month and I said, "bros move, all na scam" that I cannot talk, I cannot see people and I cannot hawk. Then I see people making real money from it, getting alerts. But I keep saying na fake, na lie and I keep bribing someone to get a government job that the salary is #25,000 which is not constant and the person keep making money from me all in the name of helping me get a job but at the end of the day I did not get the job. And I now sat down to calculate how much I have spend searching for a job of #25,000 as a salary because I want my name to be in government pay roll and put on suit every morning then and I realized that I have spend #180,000. Then I now asked myself a question why didn't I give that business a try?

Leveraging is the different between WORK HARD and WORK SMART. Work hard 2 earn salary & create income. Wen u work & earn salary, ur income grow linearly but wen u ar creating wealth by leveraging, ur income grows exponentially. Also when u work 4 som1, u hav no tim freedom, bt wen u leverages, u hav total tim freedom. Wen u work as salary earner, money stops wen wrk stops bt wen u leverage,income keeps coming. There4 it is left 4 u 2 think deep & choose btwn earning salary and leveraging. Leverage is the profit you make on the efforts of others. The richest men in this world make their money through the POWER OF LEVERAGING.(Network business).

To be rich is HARD, to be poor is very simple and free of charge You are the one to make your choice.

Behind Every GREAT idea, there are people saying it won't work, and these are people depend on the government for job but fail to think "what if it works?"

The queue to the ATM machine was something else because we all wanted to withdraw money. Although there was another machine beside it, nobody moved towards the second machine. We had about 25 people on one single queue.
When my sis & I got there, I also went to queue but she asked one of the customers what was wrong with the other machine. "I don't know", he said, '... but somebody said there is no money in it'.
After listening to that 'somebody' tale, my sis told me to move straight to the machine everyone neglected and inserted my card. Lo and behold, the same machine 'somebody' said would not work, dispensed the sum of N25,000.
1. People don't get something they need from somewhere because they refused to try.
3 The somebody somewhere may be an old authority who doesn't believe in evolution.
4. People won't take steps to do what others don't do because of the 'what if it doesn't work?' question.
6. Those who don't take the risk of checking if the other machine is working will remain on the long queue and may not even get what they need eventually. Meaning achieving in 2hrs what they could have achieved in 2min.
7. When a pacesetter comes and succeeds after 'chesting' the criticisms, others break ranks and follow him.

If you have not learn how to make money even while sleeping, you will work until you die. Networking business, the only option that will tell you how possible it is to be sleeping and making money. That is, if you are with the right company. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication let's talk about business that works that you will start with just #3,200 and within a year or two, you will start counting millions and doesn't disturb your other work.
Oya brother show me the long awaiting way.........08100924918
Re: My First Week As Teacher by BIDOO(m): 11:10am On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:

oya brother show me the long awaiting way......08100924918
Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 11:12am On Sep 24, 2016
omoikea:
that's way too low compared to the work load....

how u wan take start life with 20k
The work load is just damn too much. Unfortunately, you dare not complain. Haha! Did I mention lesson notes! O gosh!
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Cybertext(m): 11:12am On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:
isn't it easy? Make a survey of how much each student pay... correlate it with textbook supplies and stationeries, school uniforms, cost of running fuel, salary of teachers annually, payout period for capital in building the school.

By the time you"ve correlated all these things with the school's income, then you can actually tell if your salary is ok or not.

Sorry for quoting, I get the point you raised up there, but one thing you fail to understand is that every school owner makes profit from those supplies you're talking about (uniform, textbook e.t.c.). Some proprietors are just there to ripoff, imagine someone taking 25periods every week and been paid 20k... A school is a long term investment and the land and building are fixed assets that appreciates everyday...

2 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Jennystyle(f): 11:13am On Sep 24, 2016
OP aren't you lucky, am a graduate with a second class lower, from one of the federal universities in the south, am a teacher, because I can't be idle at home, I handle pre nursery class ,children from a year plus to two years, the stress is not easy at all, little children, will cry, you will pet, you will sing, at the end of the month, my take home pay is less than #18,000 a month.......... just imagine. am still hoping on God for a better job, if the job is not forth coming, I may start business. it ain't easy, but manage the job you have, while looking for better opportunities. Because it's not easy sitting down at home, everyday doing nothing. Because an idle mind is the devil's workshop.

4 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 11:14am On Sep 24, 2016
beautiful232:
I won't even advice my enemy,that's if I have any to do teaching job

my question is....why pay teachers low salaries

meka why
Its simple...lack of jobs. Teaching is perhaps the only sure job you can get as a fresh grad. Since they know you have no other or very limited choice, they just take advantage of you.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by beautiful232(f): 11:16am On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:

Its simple...lack of jobs. Teaching is perhaps the only sure job you can get as a fresh grad. Since they know you have no other or very limited choice, they just take advantage of you.

too bad
Re: My First Week As Teacher by ITbomb(m): 11:16am On Sep 24, 2016
Teaching is ok but two core science subject is pure wickedness then add another junior course, that's slavery.

2 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 11:17am On Sep 24, 2016
Jennystyle:
OP aren't you lucky, am a graduate with a second class lower, from one of the federal universities in the south, am a teacher, because I can't be idle at home, I handle pre nursery class ,children from a year plus to two years, the stress is not easy at all, little children, will cry, you will pet, you will sing, at the end of the month, my take home pay is less than #18,000 a month.......... just imagine. am still hoping on God for a better job, if the job is not forth coming, I may start business. it ain't easy, but manage the job you have, while looking for better opportunities. Because it's not easy sitting down at home, everyday doing nothing. Because an idle mind is the devil's workshop.
Wow!
What more can i say
All is well
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 24, 2016
My younger bro teaches Mathematics, Basic Science, Basic Technology & Agriculture. Just J S S 1 & the pay is 15k

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 24, 2016
some school pay well o.

apply to big schools in highbrow areas in Lagos.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:
.......so, I was tired of staying at home, and teaching was the only available job I could find after lots of efforts in getting a job through the likes of jobberman and co.

Believe me, if somebody prays for you that ''you'll be a teacher'', I'll rather advice you to pause and ask the person to ''explain'' the prayer, if after the explanation you agree to the terms, you can then say ''amen''.
I began this job this Monday, I'm teaching PHYSICS and MATHS for senior secondary, and COMPUTER for Junior secondary. I take at least six periods per day, and the pay is 20K.
Don't let's talk about the attitude of the owner of the school, that alone is a 20unit course!

with the little I've seen, I can say that majority of teachers are just managing.
I obviously know that there might be no ''easy'' job, but this particular one no be here o.
fellow teachers in here, how many courses and periods do you take, and whats your take home. I wanna know if this''job'' is ''okay'' .

finally, abeg..... I dey find JOB ooo!
I get upper credit, HND.
. @OP! its a similar case here, but mine is a boarding school where my accommodation and bills is being made provision for and my pay is bera than urs though its not worth the stress . It is well, I guess is better than sitting idle at home. My advice to you is that while on this, give it your best but be on a lookout for a better opportunity. Also dnt be discouraged by people's comments.

2 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by mabebe1(f): 11:24am On Sep 24, 2016
Its not easy, big schools in Kaduna pay their teachers very well....from 50k upwards
Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 11:25am On Sep 24, 2016
DebbieSean:
Hmmm...it depends on the kind of environment and the students in your school. if their pay is on the high side, your salary will be high too but if it's the middle class that have children there, you should be thankful to get that oo, and in this recession too? Bro, just don't work hard alone but smartly too, you can learn well in the profession and who knows? You could start a tutorial centre like the guy who the guy who earns 90-110k monthly in his tutorial business.
I'm sure students pay about 25K for tuition alone....coz the students' suit alone costs 10K, and most of them are wearing it already....so its definitely not a small school.
As much as I like teaching, its not something I wanna do as a profession.
I'ld love to be in the field.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2016
dadebayo1:

My brother relax and enjoy the job... Sincerely you will eventually derive so much joy in impacting knowledge on students... The reward can not be quantified in terms of money... I am an education officer and I must confess I enjoy doing the job because of the feedback from students.... There is so much joy when you even meet students you taught who are now responsible men and women in the society.. Believe me some of my students are even on nairaland grin just look beyond the pay and enjoy it while it last.... All the best
Thanks sir!
Re: My First Week As Teacher by ceekay247: 11:28am On Sep 24, 2016
Teaching is a good profession regardless of the attitudes of the Proprietors. I was once a teacher in a public private school in Lagos with OND 8years ago and still prayed to end up in class as a Lecturer, Facilitator, Trainer, or the likes. Though, generally speaking your pay as a teacher is function of some variables such as qualification, location, patronage, school policies, performance, competition, payment ability of the school, experience, etc. As at the, I was collecting 14,700 as a College (secondary) teacher taking 3courses Financial Accounting, Economics and Commerce while some are collecting 23,000 as Basic (primary) teachers; this is because of the variables earlier mentioned. Meanwhile, there are several hidden benefits of teaching that will always make profession likeable compare with other profession/jobs out there: 1. You can not work as a teacher non-stop for 4months without a break 2. Subsidised school fees payments for teaching staff children on board 3. Intellectual capacity enlargement 4. Hereafter rewards (Quranic & Hadith verifiable) 5. Prudence, social & Home economy 6. Seeing your students doing great in life e.g. I have one of my Accounting student Lecturing in America & always refers to me as mentor 7. Self actualisation/fulfilment if it's what you love doing 8. Teachers in the House should continue.
My advise to you is to stay calm as a week is too early to complain of a job considering the present Economy & variables above. You can review your priorities and align them in accordance with your present pay. Be vigilant and acquire the experience as I picked the offer at 8,700 naira & ended with 14,700 after a year. A bird at hand is better than thousand in the bush.... Be wise & grateful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Cybertext(m): 11:29am On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:

The work load is just damn too much. Unfortunately, you dare not complain. Haha! Did I mention lesson notes! O gosh!

I understand your feeling because I've been in your shoes... But trust me there are some high profile schools that pay in 6digits but they won't employ you without experience and maybe PGD in edu... Build your CV and drop it around these schools... You'll be surprise when you get a call....
Re: My First Week As Teacher by sisisioge: 11:29am On Sep 24, 2016
Wow!

I almost took a job like this six years ago but the hungry look of the teachers and the attitude of the students dissuaded me. They were going to kill me with work plus I would type all the questions for all exams and all required correspondence... They wanted me to add Secretary to the job. Like that wasn't enough, I looked like most of the senior-class girls and so they were already giving me attitude. I just opt out...though na because I get choice.

If u could add extra classes(lesson) maybe you could get some more cash.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by aloo9ice(m): 11:30am On Sep 24, 2016
My bro, just exercise patience & endure till u get beta job. When i also finished my service last yr, i went into teaching job in ibadan as a Physics & Basic sci & tech teacher receivimg just 12k bt managing it. I thank God today i've moved ahead.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria / It Certification From The British Computer Society Equivalent To Bsc From Uk / OpenAI (ChatGPT) Sacks Sam Altman (CEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.