Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

10 Compliments That Wow A Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Compliments That Wow A Man (20579 Views)

Boyfriend Shaves Her Eyebrows Over Compliments From Guys At The Club / 10 Compliments Your Wife Is Dying To Hear / Top 10 Compliments That Make Him Feel Specia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Compliments That Wow A Man by chocoLove(f): 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2009
Hey girls! it's actually true! men get WoWed from compliments from US! hehe  coolcheck it out!
I thought you girls might find this interesting so here you have it !

From an early age, men get hammered with the same message about how to treat women: More compliments, more listening, more romance. That's all well and good, as it should be. But sometimes, especially as relationships progress, men can also feel on the short-end of the fawning stick: Nearly 70 percent of men say they wish they received more regular compliments from their partner. I'm not suggesting that every guy has to be coddled and cuddled with verbal roses, but every once in a while, it's nice to throw one his way. While guys aren't particularly amped by compliments like "nice eyes" or "you're so beautiful," there are a few, simple things a woman can say to a man that really get him going. To wit:

"Your arms are definitely looking bigger."

Men can be just as paranoid about the way their bodies look as women can be. In fact, nearly 90 percent of men in a national Men, Love & Sex survey say there's at least one body part they'd like to change (42 percent saying they want a new gut). While men don't necessarily want women to lie if they're out of shape, it never hurts to notice he's looking good -- or at least trying to look better.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

Guys spend all of high school, the better part of the work day, and at least 12 times a day via e-mail trying to make people laugh. Because men value their sense of humor as one of their most important qualities, a hearty, genuine laugh is as flattering as it gets.

"Wow."

Doesn't matter whether it comes as he's getting undressed or after you've finished having sex, this short, sweet word (best done in a whisper) may just be the ultimate ego-stroke. A picture may say a thousand words, but this three-letter word sums up roughly 10,000 of them.

"You the man."

Guys hear this all the time. From other guys. They hear it at work, on the golf course, and when one dude from the group buys the beer. But if it comes from a woman -- no matter the context -- the message is that, hey, we're buddies, too. Which is actually pretty darn sexy.

"The kids just adore you."

More than 50 percent of men say that their families -- more so than work and salary -- are what defines them most as men. So when a woman affirms that he's a familial hero, it's a compliment that stretches way beyond anything you could ever say about his haircut.

"What do you think?"

We've all seen it a million times with long-married couples: They engage in cerebral power struggles, where neither can concede on anything -- whether it's the best way to move a piece of furniture or the fastest way to reach the interstate. I'm not saying that men should have the only say in decisions, but some guys do feel like they actually have very little.

"Cute feet."

Typically, it doesn't matter much to men if women like a part of their body that they don't control, like their eyes, jawline, or body hair. And typically, guys care for the word "cute" about as much as Paris cares for the penal system. One exception: The part of the body that is classified as being especially gross. Tell a guy he has good feet, and somehow he takes it as a double-bagger compliment -- that you not only like his genetics, but also that you appreciate he can keep himself better groomed than the rest of the gnarly-nailed heathens out there.

"Meow."

The stats show that 61 percent of men think their partners aren't sexually adventurous enough. While a feline one-liner doesn't automatically qualify as adventurous, it does show a bit of inhibition, and the message is one he likes to hear: That perhaps he's brought a little bit of the animal out of you.

"Impressive."

Guys love feats. They love accomplishments. They love being acknowledged for their strength, power, and, simply, their masculinity. So a well-timed observation like this one -- whether it comes after he carries a TV to the family room or figures out a way to fix the pipes without having to call the plumber -- feeds into his need to feel like the family protector.

"I want you."

Women don't need to go on about a guy's eyes or hair or clothes. What a guy really wants to hear is that he's the total package, and this acknowledgement of that -- whether it's referring to bedroom behavior or relationship stability -- is the ultimate compliment of them all.

lastly, "I LOVE YOU"

it's not my words, here is the source,
source

1 Like

Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by Godmother(f): 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2009
Admire his butt (but only if he has a great arse o). I  believe men like thinking that their chick is just  "sizing their arse up and down". Let him  "catch" you doing this a few times.
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2009
nice embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by chocoLove(f): 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

UHHHHMMMM i didnt know flattery worked for guys cheesy I will have to start it then grin

MA GIRL IF YOU TRY IT , come tell as if it worked on him ohhh wink!
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2009
chocoLove:

hahaha! GIRLS our words are cool cool POWERFUL! cool cool

sure it works because when are humans too okay?
Ebonyeyes:

UHHHHMMMM i didnt know flattery worked for guys cheesy I will have to start it then grin

we have emotions too, but not as weak as yours lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2009
honeric01:

sure it works because when are humans too okay?
we have emotions too, but not as weak as yours :-X lipsrsealed

Say what now? angry angry angry angry angry grin
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2009
it wont work if you are the type that's used to using sweet words to get "things" from your hubby before lol
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by Macgreat(m): 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2009
Hmm,
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Say what now? angry angry angry angry angry grin

what i am trying to say here is that it's hard to know if a man is blushing or not, but its easy to know if a woman is grin grin grin geddit? cool tongue tongue tongue
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by chocoLove(f): 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2009
honeric01:

it wont work if you are the type that's used to using sweet words to get "things" from your hubby before lol

of course it's for those that mean what they say, not just to profit from there words, will reap from what they sow! cool
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by chocoLove(f): 2:11pm On Oct 13, 2009
honeric01:

what i am trying to say here is that it's hard to know if a man is blushing or not, but its easy to know if a woman is grin grin grin geddit? cool tongue tongue tongue

that's true, you guys try to hide your feeling so they don't show, angry
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 2:13pm On Oct 13, 2009
chocoLove:

of course it's for those that mean what they say, not just to profit from there words, will reap from what they sow! cool

try with with true mind and you will sure get a car from your hubby before the end of this month grin
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2009
chocoLove:

that's true, you guys try to hide your feeling so they don't show, angry

we don't hide it, it's just our nature, it hardly shows lol,
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by chocoLove(f): 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2009
honeric01:

try with with true mind and you will sure get a car from your hubby before the end of this month grin

winkyou're too funny ma friend! grin
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2009
chocoLove:

winkyou're too funny ma friend! grin

maybe i am, but don't forget to pay tribute once you get the carkey grin
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by BadestBOBO(m): 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2009
Godmother:

Admire his butt (but only if he has a great arse o). I believe a men like thinking that their chick is just "sizing their arse up and down". Let him "catch" you doing this a few times.

back in schl, one chick did this to me. oh boy, agro wan kill me! i was standing outside class, gisting with guys, shirt tucked into my jeans, when i felt someone staring at me. I just take corner-eye look am, see as this girl dey ogle my arse blatantly! Fine girl like that, i could feel her eyes slowly caressing my arse. I went hot all over. our eyes jam, she come smile, i was so embarassed & Hot at the same time- had to run enter class go sidon!  grin
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by Abbeycity4(f): 2:24pm On Oct 13, 2009
can't read it nw too long. . . . .
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 2:25pm On Oct 13, 2009
BadestBOBO:

back in schl, one chick did this to me. oh boy, agro wan kill me! i was standing outside class, gisting with guys, shirt tucked into my jeans, when i felt someone staring at me. I just take corner-eye look am, see as this girl dey ogle my arse blatantly! Fine girl like that, i could feel her eyes slowly caressing my arse. I went hot all over. our eyes jam, she come smile, i was so embarassed & Hot at the same time- had to run enter class go sidon!  grin

funny, how long did it take to calm down
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by Godmother(f): 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2009
honeric01:

funny, how long did it take to calm down

Lol
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2009
Godmother:

Lol

abi na lol, i can't forget mine, i was standing in the middle of the church building as an usher when a girl walked in, she was just staring at me while smiling, all i remembered was that my body chemistry changed and the way she was interchanging her legs (crossing her legs with a short skirt), my humpywinkypumpkin just wouldn't resist, it was up and i was left to look for where to sit down, but as an usher, you can't sit while officiating, see me see wahala embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by ricky01: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2009
@GODMOTHER WATIN YOU REASON GO REACH WATIN DEY BOOST MEN HE NA WAOHHH DIS BABE, WELLL I FEELL SO HAPPY WHEN MA GIRL SAY THOSE THINGS ANYWAY,
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2009
honeric01:

abi na lol, i can't forget mine, i was standing in the middle of the church building as an usher when a girl walked in, she was just staring at me while smiling, all i remembered was that my body chemistry changed and the way she was interchanging her legs (crossing her legs with a short skirt), my humpywinkypumpkin just wouldn't resist, it was up and i was left to look for where to sit down, but as an usher, you can't sit while officiating, see me see wahala embarassed embarassed embarassed

She is one bold lady, I cannot stare at guys it will make their head bigger than it already is tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

She is one bold lady, I cannot stare at guys it will make their head bigger than it already is tongue

yay, she's bold, but then i was just too worried to read more of the face thing she was giving me, my dada was just getting me uncomfortable and i didn't want to draw too much attention from both the young and old grin

imagine, i was binding and casting out the spirit of seduction because i couldn;t take it anymore
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2009
honeric01:

yay, she's bold, but then i was just too worried to read more of the face thing she was giving me, my dada was just getting me uncomfortable and i didn't want to draw too much attention from both the young and old grin

imagine, i was binding and casting out the spirit of seduction because i couldn;t take it anymore
You church folks are the worst tongue cheesy
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

You church folks are the worst tongue cheesy

and what about your mosque folks? we are all humans either in the church or outside the church, after all both Christians/herbalist/pagan and Muslims have dick and p*ssy or am i wrong? grin
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 13, 2009
honeric01:

and what about your mosque folks? we are all humans either in the church or outside the church, after all both Christians/herbalist/pagan and Muslims have privates and p*ssy or am i wrong? grin

You know what im saying, church folks act like they already have seats in heaven wink Anyhoo we are all human and I agree we all have those parts grin
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

You know what im saying, church folks act like they already have seats in heaven wink Anyhoo we are all human and I agree we all have those parts grin

lol, so you expect us to start banging and kissing in the church? cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 13, 2009
honeric01:

lol, so you expect us to start banging and kissing in the church? cheesy cheesy
No but the holier than thou attitude has to stop. wink
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

No but the holier than thou attitude has to stop. wink

ok i hear you, so tell me, how do you behave in the church or at the mosque?
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 13, 2009
Im more of a spiritual christian i.e I dont go to church that often but follow the teachings of the bible and pray.
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by honeric01(m): 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2009
ok i hear you miss holyseductive spirit grin, when you go to church, how do you behave? do you go about seducing the pastors and the ushers or how "unholier than thou" do you behave ( using your word here) cool cool
Re: 10 Compliments That Wow A Man by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2009
No i go there to hear the word of God and get the hell ot of there after. Alot of our christian brethren can be pretentious and judgemental and I cannot be dealing with all of that,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Love? Nigerians React (Video) / M In Love With Tosyne2much / "My Neighbour Has A Girlfriend But Still Sleeps With Me Every Time”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.