Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m (6380 Views)

Fashola Pays Glowing Tribute To 10 Slain Corps, Other Members. (pics) / FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members / Tears As Corpses Of Slain ‘corpers’ Leave Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by ebonyjoy1(f): 11:23am On Oct 15, 2009
[color=#000099][left]First off, i think its best NYSC stop sending corpers to the north. until they can gaurantee d safety of corpers sent 2 them. i served in Ogun state n we were treated like special guest because they saw us as coming to improve the town,
My sis served in Bauchi n almost got killed in a riot when their house got burnt down. i ve a friend who served in d north n lost a leg another the use of his right hand.
its sad when u think of the innocent lives n d stress they went tru in d university with all d strikes n all. then to end up in this sad way.

Secondly, i do pray 4 d family n feel their loss cos death is a terrible thing no matter how it comes. i feel they should take the money n donate to a charitable cause (not church) becos we all know in dis present nigeria the case may never be solved.

May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by aieromon(m): 11:29am On Oct 15, 2009
Money rejected!!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Tosin4luv(m): 11:41am On Oct 15, 2009
(They should take the 2 Million and move on.
Whatever happened to "one nigeria"? Undecided) Nuzo!

you are a big FOUL can Money buy LIFE?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by VALIDATOR: 11:48am On Oct 15, 2009
hollandis:

Did the girl's family ask for money angry
The government should lead a powerful ,high level delegation to the girl's (RIP) house and promise the parents that the evil pepetrators will be brought to book.Whatever amount given to the parents should not even be released to the press
I was nearly lynched in the north recently and I vowed never to return there ,not even the security allowance they promised me.

That's right. I dey feel you.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by asha80(m): 11:53am On Oct 15, 2009
They should take the money and move on.What was she doing in the north self?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 15, 2009
asha 80:

Hollandis there is a reason nuzo made that statement and i actually back him.

Why did you reply the slowpoke since he has made up his mind not to understand where am coming from?

hollandis:

The reason I always cringe when I read your post is your low level of reasoning coupled with your daft mentality.
Repeat this after me-- I, Nuzo was born a fool ,is a fool at the moment and will forever remain a fool

Tell that to your p@#@ in the village.

Tosin4luv:

slowpoke!
Cant we put this incident aside and move ahead for the sake of "one nigeria"?
No! We cant, because she is not Igbo.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2009
asha 80:

NYSC dimwit! it's not her fault she was there
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by asha80(m): 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2009
Na by force to do nysc?^^^
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by trekkie: 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2009
asha 80:

Na by force to do nysc?^^^
what do you mean? undecided
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by jidobaba(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2009
I served in Northern Nigeria(Billiri, Gombe State to be precise). Not a particularly interesting time, sometimes downright boring!, but I have nothing but fond memories of my time there. The people were friendly(the girls could have been friendly though grin) and respectful.
So, let us not blanket all northerners as lunatic jihadists, they have some of the nicest people actually.
The fact remains however that while the loss of the gentleman corper(Miss Achi) is regrettable, the onus is now on the Maiduguru community(forget the police) to fish out the perpetrators and show the world that by and large, they are a hospitable people. Or Else,
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by tunyus(m): 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2009
which stupid 2 million naira
will that buy live that is lost
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2009
jidobaba:

I served in Northern Nigeria(Billiri, Gombe State to be precise). Not a particularly interesting time, sometimes downright boring!, but I have nothing but fond memories of my time there. The people were friendly(the girls could have been friendly though grin) and respectful.
So, let us not blanket all northerners as lunatic jihadists, they have some of the nicest people actually.
The fact remains however that while the loss of the gentleman corper(Miss Achi) is regrettable, the onus is now on the Maiduguru community(forget the police) to fish out the perpetrators and show the world that by and large, they are a hospitable people. Or Else,

My late relatives and friends also held the same belief as you have now, but had their throats slit open by these so-called friendly people the moment one white man sketched a cartoon in far away Denmark.

So, I take it that the "friendly" lunatics had a weak Imam preaching to them on fridays during your time up there.

Lucky U!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by 55gal(m): 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2009
What is the N2m for?settle the family and forget
their daughter?insult!
Its very painful but the family have to move on. angry
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nestoville(m): 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2009
I did my undergraduate studies in the University of Maiduguri and must say that generally the people in that town are peaceful and less violent than some of their Northern neighbors, but sincerely this NYSC thing is becoming too much of a problem, if its not lives lost in Jos then its Bauchi or Maiduguri! After going through the harrowing experience of NYSC, its obvious that the program has lost the aim of what it was meant to achieve when it was started. I hope that we can review the whole program and come up with a better way of running it or just completely stop the damn thing. Nigeria I hail thee!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by WilyWily: 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
Any time i see all these Northerners and there kids roam around Calabar. I shacks my head and move on.
But time is running out for them, the D-Day is coming soon.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by citizenY(m): 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2009
While regretting  this unwarranted murder, I appeal to the authorities to investigate
this murder and ensure that the culprits are made to face the wrath of the law.

In the absence of a full investigative report, any commentary is at best subjective.
Whatever comments we read in these pages, are justifiably  incensed by one death too many.
Accepted but it is  also a fact there must be a report that reveals the cause of the murder and
of course the perpetrators before we begin to bring out our hate cards and flaunt them.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Alxmyr(m): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2009
This is tragic death too many. Most of us that served in the North and survive never pray to go back there to do anything, It is as though the northerners, especially their almajiri's which formed majority of the population there are non-human,
I commend the family for rejecting such blood money. I sympathise with the family and NYSC. I wish to encourage those who are serving in the north to maintain their cool and always have their money for transportation at hand,
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by omodada1: 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2009
NYSC should be scraped!, yes what is d benefit? is it part of experience as an expected worker? a total waste of time, money, destiny, imagine teaching 12 students in a class where all must pass with grade A otherwise dey beat u up on ur way home. as me what financial claim a copa cost and relate dat with the "sugacubelike" meat they give corps often. imagine the answered prayers of mosquitos and sunfly among other  treats that are all over. it shd not just be a policy, it shd worth its MEANING. also i Bayelsa, an Osu ex student died at water side after washing his clothes. tell me what can buy lost life. even after faitful service, where is d JOB?. for d lost soul, may God please d family and protect other corps. long live Nigeria. i love nija! grin grin grin
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Kratos007(m): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2009
WilyWily:

Any time i see all these Northerners and there kids roam around Calabar. I shacks my head and move on.
But time is running out for them, the D-Day is coming soon.

yes, that's the spirit, when we kill several people of northern extraction, the government will be forced to sit up and listen. i dont know how many times southerners will have to be murdered in cold blood before someone will say enough is enough. anyway, i dont blame all those hausa or fulani muthafuckas, what with following a violent religion and being stark illiterates to a man, what else do you expect? i hate those fuckers. if it were my sister that was killed, by now, i would have personally been responsible for the deaths of at least 25 aboki suya men or those dirty money changers.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by texazzpete(m): 2:13pm On Oct 15, 2009
For God's sake, stop whining about scrapping NYSC! that isn't going to happen soon. I had a mostly horrible time while serving, but there are lots of people who also had a wonderful time while serving too. So it's a two way thing.

Please reflect on the fact that it could have been worse. Some countries require you to do a compulsory one year stint in the army instead. And guess what happens if war breaks out during your army tour?

I survived my harrowing NYSC, and so will you.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by texazzpete(m): 2:14pm On Oct 15, 2009
Kratos007:

yes, that's the spirit, when we kill several people of northern extraction, the government will be forced to sit up and listen. i dont know how many times southerners will have to be murdered in cold blood before someone will say enough is enough. anyway, i dont blame all those hausa or fulani muthafuckas, what with following a violent religion and being stark illiterates to a man, what else do you expect? i hate those fuckers. if it were my sister that was killed, by now, i would have personally been responsible for the deaths of at least 25 aboki suya men or those dirty money changers.

So when you become a cold hearted killer to take your revenge on cold hearted killers, where's the moral justification to keep complaining?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by citizenY(m): 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2009
@ texaspete

They are educated, and enlightened , and civilised.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by WilyWily: 2:49pm On Oct 15, 2009
Kratos007:

I mean it, You See all these Northerners living in Calabar, their times are running out.
What they will see, they will never ever in this their life believe it.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by mikeoscar: 2:56pm On Oct 15, 2009
Quote from: udezue on October 13, 2009, 07:47 PM
Nuzo,
are u serious? Is the girl worth 2 million to you? BTW 2 MILLION naira is less than $2000 so that is an insult. The girl's life is priceless.

Stupid government. So they sabi protect northerners from reprisal in Obudu but could not protect the poor woman and other youth corpers in the North.

Her life is of course priceless. However, Igbos have been told to move on after their brothers and sisters hav been killed in thousand in recent times. So, why is it wrong for Obudu people to move on now? Because she is not Igbo?

Quote from: morpheus24 on October 13, 2009, 09:18 PM
The ony thing that will compensate is one dead northern NYSC student.

Now we are talking, since justice from the FG is a fantasy in this case.

Quote from: Epiphany on Yesterday at 12:11:15 AM
Chei Nuzo, i hope this is a joke!
If to say na your sister die (GOD FORBID) will you accept the 2 milla and move on?

Unfortunately for me, no gadamned person have offered me a kobo for the lives of a family member of mine who was slaughtered alongside his entire family. The FG and the rest of Nigeria told us to put the incident behind us and look forward to another genocide.

The fact remains that the FG in conjunction with most nigerias are out annihilate easterners at all cost, and until we begin to retaliate aggressively, we should just keep shut, collect whatever compensation that is given to us and wait for the next massacre.

Shio!

@Nuzo,
I have seen a lot of thread from you in the past few months that I have joined NL and as sad as I could be reading some of your contributions I have managed to steer away from you and some others because I won't join issues or want to be entangled in NL bickerings and petty quarrels because I am a person of faith and have to pick carefully what I say to people on NL so even if it does not edify people it will not leave an indelibly negative impression on people and above all that I will remain a good witness of Jesus Christ so I can win some.

Why do we always have to become so tribally incited on almost every thread. I think this forum should be a place where those of us young and old ( young at heart too) who are concerned about lending our voices to moving our nation forward will begin to share thoughts and galvanise those physically on ground back home in Nigeria to push for a united Nigeria devoid of corruption, tribal sentiments and hate for one another.

You said "Igbos have been told to move on after their brothers and sisters hav been killed in thousand in recent times. So, why is it wrong for Obudu people to move on now? Because she is not Igbo?" [/b] [i][/i]That Igbos or any other tribe have been incessantly killed and their properties lost in the North does not in anyway make you better if such callous act are visited on another tribe. Neither does it make it right in the sight of God either.
I can undertand your frustration but don't get it twisted because it is not only those of  Igbo extraction that have been wasted up North for every and any excuse some of those Islamic extremist can get. There's been several other southerners including my own cousin and some lady from my community killed up north and I am not Igbo. It is not tribe or number of deaths we are talking here it's the fact that a group of people scattered all around our nation has the audacity to decide when we should come into their own part of the country and altimately that we don't return alive.
I happen to come from that region(Ogoja to be precise) and I tell you the truth there are a lot of enterprising Igbos who have lived peacably in these regions since the 60's i.e. Obudu, Ogoja Boki, Ikom, Obubura, Calabar and even Ugep with all the myth sorrounding their propensity for canibalism in the old days. We have an NYSC camp there(I hope it's still there) and you will not hear this sort of thing happening.  See my guy, both my parents are from Ogoja but my Dad left the comfort of Lagos and everything He had by the grace of God and joined Chief Ojukwu and Mr Philip Effiong to plan and execute the Biafran War till the last day of surrender. He is still alive and well today and still very Biafran in Mentality but have conceeded to me on some occasions that if we the younger generation will rise up given our vast knowledge and the benefits of hindsight and our very troubled past, we can build a better Nigeria devoid of tribal sentiments at the drop of a hat, deviod of corruption, nepotism, favoritism and all the other anti-progressive vices that has perpetually rivetted us to one location or at best kept us in a holding pattern.

Look at that pretty  young girl, think my friend, if it were your own sister, will you take it laying low if some body else made this sort of comments, I beg think am you hear, because it doesn't sound right/well at all. I hope you get a chance to retract and not go on the defensive as I have seen in your responses.

God bless us all, Amen.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by mikeoscar: 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2009
@Asha80

My sister, She went on National youth service. It is mandatory in Nigeria if you will need to work or do some sort of business, or politics etc. You only get exemption if you are over age.

You 're thinking of her not getting re-deployed then you can't really blame her because that would have defeated the purpose of the scheme strictly speaking.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2009
this useless NySc thing again. I rem in 2008 when i was posted from Lagos to yobe State i saw hell with the sun in northern Nigeria coupled with the daily exercises we go through for 21days.I had to run back to Lagos After 3weeks .They shd just scrap the thing once and for all
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Mune: 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2009
May her gentle, loving soul rest in perfect peace.Amen
     I think the people here should stop gushing out their nabobs of negativism. I could vividly remember when my uncle was set ablaze by a group of hooligans back then in Lagos. I can tell you; i hold no grudges with them,cause Jesus even forgave his killers. As far as i am concern,the killers of this young woman will also die another day,since the world is not their father's house.
     For those bashing out on Hausa people: i hope you are not ignorant,cause Maiduguri is not inhabited by Hausa people. If you are,then consult your geo text. Her death is indeed heart breaking.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Utaroz(m): 3:40pm On Oct 15, 2009
cry cry cry
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Utaroz(m): 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2009
What a sad and painful story!  cry May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2009
Corper wee oh! Ive said this several times that NYSC should be scrapped. What have i gained after serving? Did i get retained? The only people that benefit from this scheme are the administrators.  To serve Nigeria is not by force.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by nwene222(m): 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2009
It surprises me that this same Government can offer 2m. I'll say that may her soul rest in perfect peace and the family should move on cuz our administrative sytem is full of crap. Now because a girl is dead, they offer 2m. They will post corpers to strange places without minding about their welfare. Some even turn to labourers to survive. Govt should Bleep OFF,
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by chosen04(f): 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2009
Tosin4luv:

(They should take the 2 Million and move on.
Whatever happened to "one nigeria"? Undecided) Nuzo!

Hollandis and Tosin4luv & co

I still fathom ur reason(s) for calling NUZO a Fool. This girl family should just collect the 2 milla and move on. Who compensated Nuzo when his relation and his entire household was killed cos of prophet mohammed carton drawn in Denmark? Doesnt his family deserve compensation? so whoever is lucky to get it should gladly accept it and move on with one nigeria.

They family should be happy with the "financial reward" from the govt cos the killers will never be captured nor prosecuted. This financial reward is called the gains of "one nigeria"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC Batch B Update / NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts / Anambra Corpers, NYSC 2017 Batch A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.