Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed (9269 Views)

Ruling On Celebrating Non-muslim Holidays And Congratulating Them / Ruling On Naming A Daughter After Her Mother / The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by tintingz(m): 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Repeating the same nonsense, i have stated why i brought up the issue of jews and Yusuf, you really dont have a retort for that, this is why you say they are not related, its no surprise as that is the trait of the people of whims and desires.

and yours is not nonsense. Mister knowitall.

You brought up Yusuf and his brothers but you forgot his dreams.

1 Like

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
@Empiree I don't know what you mean by ijma connecting it with Ottoman, but i have full trust oj the words of the prophet that his ummah cant agree on misguidance except if you say the prophet is lying.
Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
tintingz:
and yours is not nonsense. Mister knowitall.

You brought up Yusuf and his brothers but you got his dream.

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by tintingz(m): 5:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Are you seeing stars or what? grin undecided

1 Like

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 26, 2016
tintingz:
Are you seeing stars or what? grin undecided

And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them, they say salaam! ~ Qur'an.

2 Likes

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Empiree: 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
lexiconkabir:
@Empiree I don't know what you mean by ijma connecting it with Ottoman, but i have full trust oj the words of the prophet that his ummah cant agree on misguidance except if you say the prophet is lying.
It will derail this thread further if I am to say more. I'd better leave it AS IT IS.
Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2016
Empiree:
It will derail this thread further if I am to say more. I'd better leave it AS IT IS.

Ok, but insha Allaah i will still bring this up in an appropriate thread.
Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by tintingz(m): 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2016
lexiconkabir:

And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them, they say salaam! ~ Qur'an.
It is now you are quoting this verse. smiley
Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2016
tintingz:
It is now you are quoting this verse. smiley

Please allow lexionkabir 2 be. Your argument is changing to non productive one.
Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by tintingz(m): 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
FriendChoice:

Please allow lexionkabir 2 be. [s]Your argument is changing to non productive one.[/s]
I never called his opinion NONSENSE but he's quick to call every of my opinion NONSENSE. Is that fair?

1 Like

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2016
tintingz:
I never called his opinion NONSENSE but he's quick to call every of my opinion NONSENSE. Is that fair?

Its not. I apologize on his behalf let's move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by udatso: 8:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
grin tintinabulation dey vex.. ...please take it easy ooo
Ma binu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Rilwayne001: 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2016
tintingz:

Bro, let it slide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by tintingz(m): 10:27pm On Sep 26, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Bro, let it slide.

udatso:
grin tintinabulation dey vex.. ...please take it easy ooo
Ma binu

FriendChoice:

Its not. I apologize on his behalf let's move on.
OK brothers.

Am not vexing. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Nobody: 4:47am On Sep 27, 2016
tintingz:

I dont have any opinion in all I've said, everything i said are scholarly opinions, but thank God you called your submission as your opinion which is why it is NONSENSE, hit your head on the wall because i said that, but that's the blunt truth.

You were trying to act smart after i brought two examples from the Quran showing that the sharee'ah of the past Prophets is different from that of Muhammad, All you could say is "the two incidents are different and do not match"? Isnt that NONSENSE as I've called it?

HadaanAllaah.

1 Like

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by tintingz(m): 9:51am On Sep 27, 2016
You still want to argue after you have quoted a Quran verse to end your argument? Let me reply you because that's what you want.
lexiconkabir:

I dont have any opinion in all I've said, everything i said are scholarly opinions, but thank God you called your submission as your opinion which is why it is NONSENSE, hit your head on the wall because i said that, but that's the blunt truth.
Your scholar opinion are the best right? Your scholars are angels or prophet your islamqa website you love quoting are written by your schlolar-angels but when i gave you links and mention Dr. Zakir Naik you were quick to say "he is no scholar" like udatso and Empiree asked who is a scholar?

Is it because you don't share same ideology with him?

Anything you post here are your opinions, your understanding, any interpretation of the scholars are thier opinions because we are all humans(not perfect) and we are not present during the time of Muhammed(SA) except there is a time machine somewhere we dont know about like that of Terminator movie. cheesy

Why are scholars opinions differs and conflicting?

You were trying to act smart after i brought two examples from the Quran showing that the sharee'ah of the past Prophets is different from that of Muhammad, All you could say is "the two incidents are different and do not match"? Isnt that NONSENSE as I've called it?

HadaanAllaah.
There is no acting smart here.

You brought up Joseph and his brothers bowing to him, you said Prophet Muhammad forbid bowing in hadith and I quote a verse where Joseph brother bowed because it was a revelation Allah showed Joseph in his dream that will come to pass. Secondly I talked about Joseph position in Egypt, can you go to another land and not give respect to their king or leader? except you want your head rolling on the floor. This has nothing to do with jewish law or hadiths

As for the sharia, I don't believe the teachings, laws of all Prophets(Peace be upon them) are different from each other. The Quran said the message, teachings, laws of all prophets are the same, they are divine from Allah. What I believe is these laws were corrupted by men, Quran stated that too, e.g the Jews are not practicing the book(Torah) given to them instead they practice laws of men. Quran was a reminder to them, Prophet Muhammad came to correct these laws.

Maybe you should answer this and let see who's posting NONSENSE.

The Jews purnishment for adultery is stoning, the punishment for adultery in the Quran are lashes the hadith said stoning. What is the punishment for adultery, the Quran or the hadith punishment?

1 Like

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Aliy996: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I dont have to reply this.

Apart from that striking, i dont have to say anything here either.
Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Aliy996: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2016
Since you have given proof from the quran and sunnah, its up to anyone to follow it or continue to follow their "ife inu"[quote author=Aliy996 post=49710642][/quote]Since you have given proof from the quran and sunnah, its up to anyone to follow it or continue to follow their "ife inu"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
Aliy996:
Since you have given proof from the quran and sunnah, its up to anyone to follow it or continue to follow their "ife inu"Since you have given proof from the quran and sunnah, its up to anyone to follow it or continue to follow their "ife inu"

Yea i know, thats why i stopped replying him, i only gave that last reply because i wanted him to know i am least bothered if he gets annoyed or not, cuz it seems people on here were begging him and another begged on my behalf (which pissed me off).

JazakAllaah bro, atleast you are not among people of whims and desires.

1 Like

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Yea i know, thats why i stopped replying him, i only gave that last reply because i wanted him to know i am least bothered if he gets annoyed or not, cuz it seems people on here were begging him and another begged on my behalf (which pissed me off).

JazakAllaah bro, atleast you are not among people of whims and desires.

Don't get it wrong, I only beg on your behalf to end the argument.
Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
FriendChoice:

Don't get it wrong, I only beg on your behalf to end the argument.

I understand that, but it pissed me off, but don't worry, i don't have any issue with you wink
Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I understand that, but it pissed me off, but don't worry, i don't have any issue with you wink

I apologize to you also. Equation is now balanced. Continue your good work, you're trying in defending /explaining Islam and that is the best occupation. God bless you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Empiree: 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lol tintinz grin . No take anything personal faar. This is online. Anyone can be anything.
Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by tintingz(m): 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
Empiree:
Lol tintinz grin . No take anything personal faar. This is online. Anyone can be anything.
Brother Empiree, I no take anything personal ooo. wink cheesy Just that it been long I posted on Religion/Islam section and it is because of some people with their knowitall syndrome, they will condemn your post in fact I stop visiting Islam section for like 4 years ago because of these knowitall, sectarian, condemnation attitude, I just decided to be active on this section and NONSENSE is what they will call your posts.

Nairaland Islam section is a confusion(sectarian) section but i really learned alot and MODs are doing great job. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Empiree: 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
I heard he was strict and steadfast on Sunnah. Whats this one?

The man dey posed good...really good grin grin

The second pix, they have condemned people (sufis especially) for visiting graves and even graves of the prophet(SAW) and sahaba(RTA). Here, Sheik Ibn Abdul Wahab seen here during his ziyara (visit) to the grave of George Washington. And this picture , is it not kept securely someplace in Arabia but visiting Prophet's grave is bid'a

Yeye dey smell

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Empiree: 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
Article surfaced on CNN and Washington post few days ago about fatwa issued by Sheikh Fawzan I believe. His fatwa forbids taking pictures with cats but he said it's not necessarily about cat but picture taking itself is forbidden.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2016/05/26/saudi-cleric-you-may-not-take-selfies-with-cats/

Below, Haj pilgrims don't seem to give a fig leaf about the fatwa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by tintingz(m): 8:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
Empiree:
I heard he was strict and steadfast on Sunnah. Whats this one?

The man dey posed good...really good grin grin

The second pix, they have condemned people (sufis especially) for visiting graves and even graves of the prophet(SAW) and sahaba(RTA). Here, Sheik Ibn Abdul Wahab seen here during his ziyara (visit) to the grave of George Washington. And this picture , is it not kept securely someplace in Arabia but visiting Prophet's grave is bid'a

Yeye dey smell
Lol, that's exactly the problem. smiley

It is haram to print pictures but It is halal to snap it on phone. Confusion of the century.

see these Arab muslim men in pictures, it was printed out because there is nothing like phone or digital camera.

Anyways I like them epic pose. cool

2 Likes

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Empiree: 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
My approach is very simple. We all know bowing to anything other than Allah is shirk. Bowing here is sujud with forehead touching ground.

It's forbidden to render this service to any other than Allah.

Therefore, it's inappropriate to keep picture in the direction of qibla. That's my opinion. And this is the reason I don't hang picture. I simply don't hang pixie bcus I'm not that type. I do keep for memory in albums.

This simple approach solves the hullabaloo rather than controversial edicts..

2 Likes

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by tintingz(m): 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
Empiree spot on.

There are even millions of hijabi women pictures online. Just google it.... whola!! shocked
Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Empiree: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2016
In the last picture, the hajji is laughing like mocking the fatwa the way Washington Post lined it up in the article. I love the pix. Quiet profound

1 Like

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by AlBaqir(m): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
tintingz:

You brought up Joseph and his brothers bowing to him, you said Prophet Muhammad forbid bowing in hadith and I quote a verse where Joseph brother bowed because it was a revelation Allah showed Joseph in his dream that will come to pass. Secondly I talked about Joseph position in Egypt, can you go to another land and not give respect to their king or leader? except you want your head rolling on the floor. This has nothing to do with jewish law or hadiths

?

I feel you seriously @underline. grin I can't help myself but to comment on it. If I dobale (prostrate) for my king or parents, dem go talk say Na bid'ah. Interestingly people greeted Nabi by kissing his hands and feet faah. Is it possible to kiss feet without "bending" as well?

Imam Ibn Majah documents

Book: Book of Etiquette

Chapter: A man kissing another man's hand

It was narrated from Safwan bin 'Assal that:

"Some people among the Jews kissed the hands and feet of the Prophet (s)

Grade : Hasan (Darussalam)

Reference : Sunan Ibn Majah 3705
In-book reference : Book 33, Hadith 49
English translation : Vol. 5, Book 33, Hadith 3705
http://www.sunnah.com/ibnmajah/33

Chapter: Regarding kissing the feet

Narrated al-Wazi' ibn Zari':

Umm Aban, daughter of al-Wazi' ibn Zari', quoting his grandfather, who was a member of the deputation of AbdulQays, said: When we came to Medina, we raced to be first to dismount and kiss the hand and foot of the Messenger of Allah (s). But al-Mundhir al-Ashajj waited until he came to the bundle of his clothes. He put on his two garments and then he went to the Prophet (s).

He said to him: You have two characteristics which Allah likes: gentleness and deliberation.

He asked: Have I acquired them or has Allah has created (them) my nature? He replied: No, Allah has created (them) in your nature.

He then said: Praise be to Allah Who has created in my nature two characteristics which Allah and His Apostle like.

Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 5225
In-book reference : Book 43, Hadith 453
English translation : Book 42, Hadith 5206
http://www.sunnah.com/abudawud/43

Imam Muslim Seeking Permission to Kiss the Feet of Imam Bukhari

Ahmed bin Hamdan al-Qasaar said that he saw Muslim bin Hajjaj (rah) i.e Imam Muslim R.A coming in the court of Imam Bukhari (rah) and kissed his forehead, "THEN HE ASKED HIS PERMISSION TO KISS HIS FEET" he then said: O Teacher of Teachers master of traditionalists and grand scholar on hadith weaknesses.

Source: Al Bidayah wa al-Nihayah (11/33), Published by Maktaba al Ma'rif, Beirut, Lebanon]

# Imam al-Dahabi in his Book: Sayyir A'laam An Nubala, Volume: 3, Page No: 3343, Under Biography of Imam Bukhari, Biography No: 4969, Published by : Bait Al Afkaar Ad Dawliya, lebanon Year: 2004

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats Islam Ruling On Taking Photo,watching Videos,and Isbaal..proof Needed by Empiree: 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2016
tintingz:

Nairaland Islam section is a confusion(sectarian) section but i really learned alot and MODs are doing great job. smiley
I tell u, I am not confused. I understood stuff long before i even joined NL unless if i dont want to talk. Plus there are times to keep mute on certain things especially bcus of bigots in other section. I am not confused at all. I understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Essay on Life And Death In The Quran / Finding The Perfect Spouse / Rumbun Hotuna: Hajjin Bana A Kasa Mai Tsarki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.