Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? (12067 Views)

Jamaican Pastor Wears Army Uniform, Shoots At His Enemies With Water Gun(Video) / 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by makedisciples: 11:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
Jesus taught love. He said give your enemies water and clothes and shelter. Pur pastors say kill them destroy them and flog them koboko
I am confused about who they are serving. Jesus in Mathew 5:42-43 says we should pray FOR our enemiea and love them. "Die by fire" "destroy" and many evil words resonate in a house that ia supposed to be of love.
No matter how hard we shout or cry the decision to save is by our Lord. Therefore, taking justice into our hands by proclaiming fire as opposed to love as we have been directed by the same person we pray to for his help ridicules our prayers.
If you are the boss and u asked your employees to walk away from any confrontations and report to you before taking any actions come to find out that an employee has already handled matters before it got to you, would you be pleases with sucb employee?
Violence encouraged in the church even against Satan should be discouraged. God has a plan for us and destroying our enemies has never been one of the duties Jesus gave us.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by thesicilian: 11:55pm On Sep 24, 2016
I don't have the time to pray for or against my enemies. I just thank God for my friends and family.

28 Likes

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
Nobody is your enemy,

5 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by veekid(m): 6:42am On Sep 25, 2016
All of the above
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by richidinho(m): 6:42am On Sep 25, 2016
@op your enemy is a sinner, so the wages of sin is death and nothing else but death

2 Likes

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Nutase: 6:43am On Sep 25, 2016
Both depending on the circumstance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by fulaniHERDSman(m): 6:44am On Sep 25, 2016
Both, same time
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by tdbankplc: 6:45am On Sep 25, 2016
Define enemy? Cos sometime ur sibling could be ur enemy due to what u ve done to the person in ther past? Will the death of such sibling be justified by his or anger toward u? Praying will do just fine and let God be the judge.
In physical staying clear will be better than staying close.

6 Likes

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by ednut1(m): 6:45am On Sep 25, 2016
most times we are our own enemies . and we choose to blame it on pple or things who dont even remember we exist

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by McBrooklyn(m): 6:45am On Sep 25, 2016
Na better thunder go strike my enemies angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Soreza(m): 6:45am On Sep 25, 2016
Destroy BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by clefstone(m): 6:46am On Sep 25, 2016
Don't tell this to an mfm member

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by deife(m): 6:46am On Sep 25, 2016
OP, our real enemies are the devil and his cohorts. They are the only ones we are permitted to rebuke, curse, bind and cast into hell. The person out there who doesn't like your face is not your real enemy. They are just a vessel the devil uses. You should pray for them.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Horlufemi(m): 6:47am On Sep 25, 2016
Try telling that to mfm members you'll become an enemy instantly

3 Likes

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by tdbankplc: 6:50am On Sep 25, 2016
An enemy is not necessary a witchcraft or ur landlords wife or ur step mother like ppl always see it. Misunderstanding can make ur own son be ur enemy, sometime ur friend due to misunderstanding also. So if u pray for ur enemies death and someone u love dies next day? U will still think it's ur enemies at work.. very funny when we pray blindly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 25, 2016
After Judas betrayed JESUS, JESUS with love activated destruction on Judas. So all my enemies hear this with love the destruction that destroyed Judas plus thunder will locate you with spiritual guided laser.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by kaen1317: 6:50am On Sep 25, 2016
In Africa especially Nigeria we don't pray for our enemies. Enemies are dangerous in this part of the world. Praying for your enemy here is like praying for a venomous ill tempered snake

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by INTROVERT(f): 6:50am On Sep 25, 2016
As you have enemies u want to die or thunder to fire so also are u enemies to others (by omission or commission).

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by KevMitnick: 6:51am On Sep 25, 2016
You shouldn't put yourself in harm's way all because you want to love your enemies. Some people never change, so just love them from a distance.

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:51am On Sep 25, 2016
Y'all pray for your enemies to die, forgetting that knowingly or unknowingly you're somebody's enemy too. undecided

19 Likes

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by onome710(m): 6:51am On Sep 25, 2016
For me... utter destruction.
No time for holier than thou approach.
Co's ur enemies ain't gonna hesitate to destroy u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 25, 2016
richidinho:
Ok
Oga your signature is really tempting.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by richidinho(m): 6:53am On Sep 25, 2016
Northmall:

Oga your signature is really tempting.

Wassap me ASAP grin
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by shotin(m): 6:59am On Sep 25, 2016
Jesus thought us to love our enemies, cloth them and feed... We must follow the bible obediently... But the bible also said, by loving ur enemies, u are heaping hot coals on them, which means if u love ur enemies, u are directly giving God a chance to fight for you..... And sometimes, ur enemy might be yourself

8 Likes

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by mohammad11: 7:00am On Sep 25, 2016
All I hear whenever most of xtians prayer
Is
Praying for the downfall or death of his/her enemies.

I think you people are getting this wrong

Pray for your enemies not curse them.

#TIMETOREFLECT

2 Likes

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by italianjob(m): 7:00am On Sep 25, 2016
the mosaic law given to the Israelites emphasised utter destruction for enemies,eye for eye,tooth for tooth.but Christ laws in the new testament abolished the mosaic law by preaching love to our neighbours.jesus said we are not different from pipo of d nations if we love only our friends and hate our enemies,becos even dos who are enemies of God benefits from his mercy cos he makes his rain fall on good and bad and sun shining on good and evil pipo.shouldnt we imitate our creator?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by AreaFada2: 7:00am On Sep 25, 2016
kaen1317:
In Africa especially Nigeria we don't pray for our enemies. Enemies are dangerous in this part of the world. Praying for your enemy here is like praying for a venomous ill tempered snake

That is why I say that we Africans practice what is not our culture: Christianity. We are pagans in reality. So we pray like Ogun priest summoning all manner of agents, natural and dark forces to kill the enemy. Carrying Bible all about and claiming to be a prophet does not change that.

Simply, the idea of praying for your enemy as the Bible instructs doesn't sit well with Africoco, so most just ignore it.

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by hensben(m): 7:01am On Sep 25, 2016
Our number one enemy in this world is our own flesh/body so you praying that your enemy should die... Hmm
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by henryutd(m): 7:02am On Sep 25, 2016
But that is the word of the Lord except you are not a Christian
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Prince16: 7:04am On Sep 25, 2016
the main enemy is not mama Emeka nor is a bukky nor mallam adamu.

The POWERS that "ginger" them to misbehave towards you is/are d enemies!

These are the ones to 'die'!

McBrooklyn:
Na better thunder go strike my enemies angry

..... are you aware dt apart,
from d devil and hiz goons, you (and I) are our greatest enemies?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trust, Humility & Sacrifice - The Secrets Of The Wealthiest Men In The Bible / How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? / Exposition Of The Occult Prophets And Healers In The Organizational Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.