Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,465 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? (12053 Views)

Jamaican Pastor Wears Army Uniform, Shoots At His Enemies With Water Gun(Video) / 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by hensben(m): 7:06am On Sep 25, 2016
Sport336:
Enemy deserves nothing but death.

If you want to make an example?

See a snake in your room, don't kill it. please try to help the snake out..

Repeat this when it happens again.

I promise you, Reverse will be the case when this happen again. That snake will help you out of this world during the next scene.....
This post is not making sense. Christianity is all about being spiritual so you killing a physical attack(snake) with your hand to avoid being bitten is not a sin.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by yorhmienerd(m): 7:08am On Sep 25, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
Y'all pray for your enemies to die, forgetting that knowingly or unknowingly you're somebody's enemy too. undecided
First meaniful thing this morning
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Cutehector(m): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2016
Sport336:
I promise you, Reverse will be the case when this happen again. That snake will help you out of this world during the next scene.....
nice one bro. Enemy deserves nothing but death grin
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by buchilino(m): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2016
McBrooklyn:
Na better thunder go strike my enemies angry

JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY, IF UR ENEMY MAKES DIS SAME PRAYERS, I WONDER BW U N HIM WHO D THUNDER GO HIT. JUST CURIOUS.

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by buchilino(m): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2016
McBrooklyn:
Na better thunder go strike my enemies angry

JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY, IF UR ENEMY MAKES DIS SAME PRAYERS, I WONDER BW U N HIM WHO D THUNDER GO HIT. JUST BEING CURIOUS.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by SAMBARRY: 7:12am On Sep 25, 2016
Sport336:

exactly. I don't know why some people like arguing blindly without facts.when someone does everything to ruin you, destroy your career.makes it known through his bile and obvious hatred that over his dead body will you achieve anything worthwhile will you be showing such persons love? undecided

Btw the mere fact you graduated from college, got a good paying job,married,had children you have attracted enemies, envious agents, bitter people, spiteful frenenemies whether you recognise it or not

The only people you see no one envies or gives a damn about are mad people, incacerated people, people without dreams or poor people

Or do you think the mere fact that dangote is the richest man in Africa won't annoy some people. If you think every of his family members like cousins relatives fathers siblings etc are all happy with him even if he helps them then you have another thing coming

This Is Africa so the haves not will naturally be bitter with those who are the haves in the family. Even if the haves not we're in that position through their own decisions.if he helps them they will say he's feeling proud or showing off.if he doesn't help them they will say he's stingy wicked and self centred and look for every means or opportunity to bring him down either through words or you understand na
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by MrPresident1: 7:13am On Sep 25, 2016
italianjob:
the mosaic law given to the Israelites emphasised utter destruction for enemies,eye for eye,tooth for tooth.but Christ laws in the new testament abolished the mosaic law by preaching love to our neighbours.jesus said we are not different from pipo of d nations if we love only our friends and hate our enemies,becos even dos who are enemies of God benefits from his mercy cos he makes his rain fall on good and bad and sun shining on good and evil pipo.shouldnt we imitate our creator?

Christ abolished the mosaic law? Nah nah nah.

Jesus Christ is the codification and personification of the 'Mosaic' law.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by secpowell: 7:16am On Sep 25, 2016
Jesus say pray for your enemy. It did not choose a prayer point. It depends on you to choose a prayer point for your enemy. Eg died by fire or pray for your enemy to be blessed than you. It dangerous to pray in favor of your enemy. Because if your enemy succed in destroying or killed you. There is possibility that your enemy might seek for forgiveness tomorrow while you go to hell and your enemy make heaven. Ignorance isn't an excuse in the face of the lord.

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by MrPresident1: 7:16am On Sep 25, 2016
SAMBARRY:
exactly. I don't know why some people like arguing blindly without facts.when someone does everything to ruin you, destroy your career.makes it known through his bile and obvious hatred that over his dead body will you achieve anything worthwhile will you be showing such persons love? undecided

Btw the mere fact you graduated from college, got a good paying job,married,had children you have attracted enemies, envious agents, bitter people, spiteful frenenemies whether you recognise it or not

The only people you see no one envies or gives a damn about are mad people, incacerated people, people without dreams or poor people

Or do you think the mere fact that dangote is the richest man in Africa won't annoy some people. If you think every of his family members like cousins relatives fathers siblings etc are all happy with him even if he helps them then you have another thing coming

This Is Africa so the haves not will naturally be bitter with those who are the haves in the family. Even if the haves not we're in that position through their own decisions.if he helps them they will say he's feeling proud or showing off.if he doesn't help them they will say he's stingy wicked and self centred and look for every means or opportunity to bring him down either through words or you understand na

All you need in life is to fear God, when you fear God with all your heart, you have nothing more to fear. All the so called enemies, even satan himself are all messengers of God to bring punishment to the deserving.

Fear God and do what is right and good in His sight and you have nothing to fear in your life.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by SAMBARRY: 7:17am On Sep 25, 2016
hensben:
This post is not making sense. Christianity is all about being spiritual so you killing a physical attack(snake) with your hand to avoid being bitten is not a sin.
a snake is not a friendly animal. It's very pretentious,deceptive and creepy. If it sees you are at alert it will run away but if you lie down asleep or it knows you're in a vulnerable position it will attack you without pity or regrets.it will kill you for killing sakes not that it has anything to gain from your death.that's how spiritual enemies are.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by hensben(m): 7:19am On Sep 25, 2016
SAMBARRY:
a snake is not a friendly animal. It's very pretentious,deceptive and creepy. If it sees you are at alert it will run away but if you lie down asleep or it knows you're in a vulnerable position it will attack you without pity or regrets.it will kill you for killing sakes not that it has anything to gain from your death.that's how spiritual enemies are.
Are you aware our number enemy in this world is our own flesh/body.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Ghost447(m): 7:21am On Sep 25, 2016
richidinho:
@op your enemy is a sinner, so the wages of sin is death and nothing else but death
It may be true that your enemy is a sinner, but you have to authority to convict & sentence your enemy.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by anaton(m): 7:23am On Sep 25, 2016
Sport336:

Paul held a dangerous snake but it did not bite him.Who do you trust? God or your capabilities and wisdom! Your room must be weird to house a snake.

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by mekonglobal(m): 7:23am On Sep 25, 2016
deife:
OP, our real enemies are the devil and his cohorts. They are the only ones we are permitted to rebuke, curse, bind and cast into hell. The person out there who doesn't like your face is not your real enemy. They are just a vessel the devil uses. You should pray for them.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by SAMBARRY: 7:23am On Sep 25, 2016
MrPresident1:

All you need in life is to fear God, when you fear God with all your heart, you have nothing more to fear. All the so called enemies, even satan himself are all messengers of God to bring punishment to the deserving.

Fear God and do what is right and good in His sight and you have nothing to fear in your life.
even the bible says wisdom is profitable to direct. Eli was destroyed not because he was a good man but he was destroyed because he was afraid of correcting his children because he didn't want to offend them.he feared God,was a good man with a good heart but stewpid sheepish innocence destroyed him.we're living among wolves.even the bible acknowledged it.said be wise AS a serpent but GENTLE as a sheep
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Coolgent(m): 7:25am On Sep 25, 2016
Pray for your enemies to have a rethink is far more better.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by AuroraB(f): 7:27am On Sep 25, 2016
undecided Never show your enemies love angry
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by uboma(m): 7:28am On Sep 25, 2016
mohammad11:
All I hear whenever most of xtians prayer
Is
Praying for the downfall or death of his/her enemies.

I think you people are getting this wrong

Pray for your enemies not curse them.

#TIMETOREFLECT

Your observation is true.
The Bible urges Christians to pray for and love everyone including one's enemies but sadly most Christians practise the exact opposite.

2 Likes

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by martineinstein(m): 7:31am On Sep 25, 2016
the questiions are:
-would we still pray that prayer if jesus christ reveals our enemies to us?

- we might also be our enemies

-would we be happy if we wake one morning and see all our enemies dead and their children crying?

- we are also someone's enemy.what is we all pray for our enemies to die,who will remain on earth,since we are all enemies of one another?

Wouldw we pray such prayer if our enemies are our parents,spouse or siblings?

We often pray this kind of prayer in redeem provincial headquaters,most time i dont even pray.the reactions of my neigbhours towards me is appaling..they think i am demonic for not praying such

these kind of prayers are d reason y the rate of assasination has increased astronomically.
Example:

friday vigil:pastor prophesies that a black man in your family is behind your failure...he then ask u to pray for his dead

whhenu get u,u start puzzling who dat person could be.u then realised that ur uncle is d only black man in ur house and he has been a problem to u....u then keep praying for his death.....monday morning,he s still alive.tuesday night u kill him with cutlass...wednesday morning,news headlines read'a man kills his uncle'
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by SAMBARRY: 7:32am On Sep 25, 2016
hensben:
Are you aware our number enemy in this world is our own flesh/body.
LMao. The bible asked a rhetorical question can a man hate his body (flesh)?

You feed your body by using your hard earned money to buy the best food you so desire to satisfy your body when your body says it's hungry

When your phenese says it needs a v@gynas you look for a wife or girlfriend as soon as possible

When you see an outfit that will fit your body you pay to wear it.you buy good soaps to wash your body every day brush your teeth and When your body feels sick you spend any amount to get your health back.tell me is that not love to and for your body? How can you be an enemy to YOUR OWN BODY THAT HOUSES YOUR INTERNAL ORGANS SPIRIT SOUL MIND DECISIONS AND BRAIN
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by frubben(m): 7:32am On Sep 25, 2016
richidinho:
@op your enemy is a sinner, so the wages of sin is death and nothing else but death

Are u serious right now! Do u know you were once a sinner and u are somebody's enemy. Don't just type because u feel like. Type with brains man!!!!!! angry
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Ghost447(m): 7:34am On Sep 25, 2016
If you so desire, pray from today till 2090 for your enemy to die, if God refuses to answer such prayer you have only succeeded in wasting your time & energy. You can pray as you like, but cannot determined how God answer your prayer. MFM members have been praying for the death of their enemies, till tomorrow they're still on the matter, does it not show that their enemies are still not dead?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by richidinho(m): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2016
frubben:

Are u serious right now! Do u know you were once a sinner and u are somebody's enemy. Don't just type because u feel like. Type with brains man!!!!!! angry

Where did that quote came from?
"The wages of sin is death"
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by MrPresident1: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2016
Deuteronomy 32:39
39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

SAMBARRY:
even the bible says wisdom is profitable to direct. Eli was destroyed not because he was a good man but he was destroyed because he was afraid of correcting his children because he didn't want to offend them.he feared God,was a good man with a good heart but stewpid sheepish innocence destroyed him.we're living among wolves.even the bible acknowledged it.said be wise AS a serpent but GENTLE as a sheep

No one has the capacity to kill hurt or injure anyone outside the express command of THE MOST HIGH GOD, no one. Enemies and satan are His whips of correction. Fear God, do what is right and good in His sight, and prosper even in the midst of enemies, vicious volves, and angry lions.

Edit
Wisdom being profitable to direct is not your own wisdom, it is the wisdom of God that directs.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by uboma(m): 7:38am On Sep 25, 2016
AuroraB:
undecided Never show your enemies love angry

Would you be obeying the Bible command found at Matt. 5:44 if you hate your enemies?
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 25, 2016
Enemies who wants me dead DON'T deserve to live!
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by joe4real12: 7:41am On Sep 25, 2016
These fake Pastors are creating fear in the minds of their followers that they have enemies standing on their way. The followers feel helpless when they face challenges in life. Instead of praying to God to give them wisdom and work hard to solve the problems, they would start praying against a presumed enemies who don't exist. Imagine someone praying throughout the night against his enemies that his enemies must die. In the morning he becomes tired and can't work well - he blames his enemies for his tiredness. He keeps blaming his enemies instead of taking up his challenges in life.
Successful people don't blame "enemies". They are not prayer warriors but hard working.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 25, 2016
Christians don't realize the same way the consider their fellow christian enemy is just the same way the other Christian consider them enemy so if both keeps praying death on themselves, who will God now kill?
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by frubben(m): 7:43am On Sep 25, 2016
richidinho:

Where did that quote came from?
"The wages of sin is death"

Finish the scripture please don't stop dere
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by egopersonified(f): 8:02am On Sep 25, 2016
You are your number one enemy, sometimes I just wish we can have an out of body experience for us to see the way we behave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Don't You Eat Before Church? / Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! / Trust, Humility & Sacrifice - The Secrets Of The Wealthiest Men In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.