Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? (14736 Views)

Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Davidblen(m): 7:49am On Sep 25, 2016
The Bible Says In Ephesians 1:7 That
" In Whom We Have Redemption Through His Blood, The Forgiveness Of Sins, According To Riches Of His Grace"
But Today Many Churches Have Adopted The Style Of Baptism For Salvation.It Is Either By Baptism By Water Or Baptism By Mansion (purification) But Christ Died For Our Sins On The Cross Of Calvary For Our Santification. To Me The Baptism Is Not Neccesary
Anybody Should Comment His/her Opinion
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by TPAND(f): 7:59am On Sep 25, 2016
It is this simple. Let me break it down this way.

Baptism is a necessity and the only requirement that confirms salvation of a convert/redeemed soul. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour, your first call of obiedence is to surrender yourself for baptism. If you don't get baptized, it is disobedience to the commandment of God.
(Mark 16:16.)

But there is an exception, should a man be on the dying bed and accepts Christ as his lord and saviour, confesses his sins and changes his ways but didn't get the opportunity to get baptized, such will make heaven. Remember Jesus and the thief on the right hand at Golgotha. Jesus said to him, that he will be with him in heaven with the father

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by eph12(m): 8:07am On Sep 25, 2016
See what Jesus thinks here Matt 28:19-20

2 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Davidblen(m): 8:14am On Sep 25, 2016
Baptism is a necessity and the only requirement that confirms salvation of a convert/redeemed soul. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour, your first call of obiedence is to surrender yourself for baptism. If you don't get baptized, it is disobedience to the commandment of God.
(Mark 16:16.)

[/quote] But The Bible Says In Col 1 Vs 20 And Having Made Peace Through The Blood Of His Cross By Him To Reconcile All Things

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Davidblen(m): 8:20am On Sep 25, 2016
eph12:
See what Jesus thinks here Matt 28:19-20
I Know But Is It Really Neccesary
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by eph12(m): 8:22am On Sep 25, 2016
Davidblen:

I Know But Is It Really Neccesary
You mean is Jesus commandment necessary?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by branhampaul: 8:24am On Sep 25, 2016
A Believer Ought To Get Baptised, That Means You Went To Calvary With Christ..
But B'cos One Iz Baptise Doesn't Guarantee Heaven, You Also Have To Be Baptise With The Holy Ghost I.E Your Then Part Of Jesus Body, Or You Won't Go In The Rapture, B'cos The Bible Said With One Spirit We Are All Baptised In Christ Body, You Have To Live A Christain Life Always..

2 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Davidblen(m): 8:27am On Sep 25, 2016
eph12:
You mean is Jesus commandment necessary?
No That Not What I Am Saying because I Am About To Join Baptism Class In My Church

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by eph12(m): 8:33am On Sep 25, 2016
Davidblen:

No That Not What I Am Saying because I Am About To Join Baptism Class In My Church
Well if you think Jesus commandment is not important so be it. There are other scriptures regarding this but this is directly from Jesus and it's as clear as crystal. That's why am not bringing them up so we don't get into arguments. I always try to avoid any religious argument. If you feel this one directly from Christ is not enough so be it.

2 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Davidblen(m): 8:37am On Sep 25, 2016
eph12:

Well if you think Jesus commandment is not important so be it. There are other scriptures regarding this but this is directly from Jesus and it's as clear as crystal. That's why am not bringing them up so we don't get into arguments. I always try to avoid any religious argument. If you feel this one directly from Christ is not enough so be it.
Ok I Am Sorry, I Confess My Sins But Can You Show Me The Oda Scriptures
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by eph12(m): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2016
Davidblen:

Ok I Am Sorry, I Confess My Sins But Can You Show Me The Oda Scriptures
If that one is not enough for you no one will be. So just have it your way

3 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Rockyrascal(m): 10:17am On Sep 25, 2016
What of the catholic way of baptism,is it OK?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 25, 2016
Rockyrascal:

Can you expatiate more on what you mean by the "catholic way of baptism"
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:43am On Sep 25, 2016
Rockyrascal:

First of all, I want to say that baptism is very necessary if one must be identified as Christ's own. It is an indispensable ritual which signifies our death to sin, and our resurrection to newness of life.

There is only one way of baptism, and that is by immersion. The Catholic method of sprinkling or pouring is not baptism.

If you check the Bible, you can never see an instance of pouring or sprinkling water on someone in the name of baptism. Baptism has always been done by immersion, until the Catholic church polluted that most honourable ritual.

And if you study deep into baptism, you'll find out that the only method of baptism that illustrates all that baptism signifies is the method of immersion.

GOD bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Rockyrascal(m): 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ioannes:

Can you expatiate more on what you mean by the "catholic way of baptism"
I mean sprinkling of holy water,and infant baptism.
hope you know the roman catholic church don't baptise by immersion?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Rockyrascal(m): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

First of all, I want to say that baptism is very necessary if one must be identified as Christ's own. It is an indispensable ritual which signifies our death to sin, and our resurrection to newness of life.

There is only one way of baptism, and that is by immersion. The Catholic method of sprinkling or pouring is not baptism.

If you check the Bible, you can never see an instance of pouring or sprinkling water on someone in the name of baptism. Baptism has always been done by immersion, until the Catholic church polluted that most honourable ritual.

And if you study deep into baptism, you'll find out that the only method of baptism that illustrates all that baptism signifies is the method of immersion.

GOD bless you.
ok thank you
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by orunto27: 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
Baptism by The Holy Spirit is Blood Baptism that makes you fully Born Again and is necessary for salvation.

2 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
Rockyrascal:
I mean sprinkling of holy water,and infant baptism.
hope you know the roman catholic church don't baptise by immersion?

Well I'd like to think that they, of all the other "churches", would know how best to do it since they're like 2000 years old.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Rockyrascal(m): 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ioannes:

Well I'd like to think that they, of all the other "churches", would know how best to do it since they're like 2000 years old.
I am always perplexed when I hear people say the catholic way of baptism is unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by mccoy47(m): 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
No! Was Abraham baptized?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by bolt000(m): 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by HopeAlive14(m): 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
Baptism (identification with Christ's death and resurrection) is necessary after salvation.

Accepting Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord is what you need for Salvation.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by buoye1(m): 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
I think so too
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by fromnigeria(m): 2:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by sportyblinks: 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
You are all daft on this trend
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by eph12(m): 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
mccoy47:
No! Was Abraham baptized?
Is salvation necessary? Abraham never experienced salvation

2 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by fromnigeria(m): 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
Davidblen:
The Bible Says In Ephesians 1:7 That
" In Whom We Have Redemption Through His Blood, The Forgiveness Of Sins, According To Riches Of His Grace"
But Today Many Churches Have Adopted The Style Of Baptism For Salvation.It Is Either By Baptism By Water Or Baptism By Mansion (purification) But Christ Died For Our Sins On The Cross Of Calvary For Our Santification. To Me The Baptism Is Not Neccesary
Anybody Should Comment His/her Opinion
Its not good to opine on What you know nothing about. Its better to ask question

Op be wary of the wrath of GOD.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Malakh: 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
essence of baptism is to be dead to sin, if you dont mortify the deeds of the flesh, you shall die
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Emergencia(m): 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
The baptism of Jesus marks the beginning of his public ministry.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Folksyharry(m): 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
Yes. Baptism is a step to salvation.
Read the following passages Matt 28:18-19; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:36-42; Acts 8:12,13,26-38; Acts 9:18; Acts 10:47-48; Acts 16:22-33.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by higherpower: 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
Baptism is actually the prerequisite to salvation. Let's examine baptism on the accounts of JESUS and Paul de Apostle.

JESUS speaking in John 3:5 says;

“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”

Also, according to Paul in Act 19: 1-6
Acts 19:1-6King James Version (KJV)

19 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by iffedayur(m): 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2016
Reading from the book of Acts 16:15 & 25-33, you'll see that for every new convert, there was a baptismal process. Baptism is to show that your sins have been washed away. Jesus our Lord passed through this process likewise Paul did.

The spiritual baptism is to take you to the next level of divine communionship with God.

There's no salvation without baptism even when you realise Christ has died for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

256 Odu Ifa ~ Ifa Religion / 5 Types Of Church Members you come across every sunday / Meet 10 Wave-making Gospel Singers From Idoma Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.