Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,145 members, 7,807,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard (11718 Views)

Sam Ogbemudia (edo Best Ever Governor) Endorsed Obaseki- Vanguard / Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly / Anslem Okojie Endorses Obaseki Of APC, Says PDP Bribed Them With N6M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 25, 2016
THE Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, led by its President, Abdulwahed Omar, yesterday held a rally in Benin City, in solidarity with the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Mr Godwin Obaseki, urging all workers in the state to vote for the party in Wednesday’s governorship election.

Meanwhile, Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State says the former governor of the State, Chief Lucky Igbinedion, cannot walk freely in the state owing to the failure of the PDP government which he led.

Speaking at the rally yesterday, Comrade Uche Obigwe who represented the President of the NLC, said labour had decided to adopt Obaseki due to the developmental strides of the Governor Adams Oshiomhole-led administration in the state.

According to him, “For those who are new in the labour movement, they will not understand but those who are old in the movement will know that Adams Oshiomhole has taken Edo State to a new level. When I was at the airport, I remember 8 years ago, if you want to come to Edo State for a meeting, the flight that comes to Abuja is about three times a week because nobody was coming to Benin.

“But today, two aircrafts land in Benin from Abuja every day. I remember when there were no hotels to lodge because nobody could invest in hotels in Edo State. Today Edo has so many hotels and people now come to Benin because somebody has transformed Benin. So we are backing Obaseki so that Edo will not go back to the dark ages. He has to continue from where Oshiomhole stopped” he stated.

Governor Oshiomhole, who spoke at the commissioning of the 22-kilometre Iguobazuwa-Umaza-Siluko road in Ovia South West Local Government Area, shortly after the NLC endorsed Obaseki, said Igbinedion is regarded as the sponsor and godfather of the PDP candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, and had said the next governor of the state will come from his political family.

Oshiomhole said: “by some co-incidence, this location is just adjacent the market and I decided to walk round the market, and I felt good seeing the real Nigerians, the real Edo people, the real Edo women smiling, dancing, waving, showing joy and happiness.

“This, for me, is my testimonial of service because if almost eight years on the job I can go to any local government and walk into a market that you find all kinds of persons and they are all clapping, expressing joy, showing gratitude, then to God be the glory. There are those who have governed this state who cannot come to this market, and they are there. The people’s verdict will reflect on their faces.”

Oshiomhole continued, “I want to thank all of you for standing by us for close to eight years. You have voted for me and re-voted for me. You have supported our party. You have helped us to defeat the forces that underdeveloped this state and this local government. It is the result of your power that enabled us to assume office, without which I would not have been able to do this job. As you can see, this is a typical example of our standard: well-built roads with concrete side drains, not blocks so that the water can flow out, so that we can have a place such as this even when the season for rain starts.

“So, whereas you appreciate what we have done, I am the first to say the gratitude goes to you for voting wisely and ensuring that those you have voted for used the money for the purpose. My heart is gladdened as I was driving through Oba market, through Siluko road to Upper Siluko Road and I was looking for the mammy water and I couldn’t find her; in a matter of minutes, I got here.”

He said, “And today, I am proud that we, the anti-mammy water forces as symbolised by our broom in unity, we have brought hope, joy and the renewal of our confidence in our state as the heart-beat of Nigeria. I am sure the economy of this part of the state cannot be the same again because these women don’t need to pay – empower women. We will continue to empower the youths, and together, we shall sustain the tradition of service to our fatherland.”

Speaking on behalf of the Ovia communities on the Iguobazuwa-Umaza-Siluko Road, Hon. Christopher Adesotu said, “We have thirty-three communities starting from Evbuoba, Igueogun, Ikotakpa, Ukuzuwa, the Yoruba camp, Ogbobaifo, Umaza and many others and Siluko, the last community on this road. We want to thank you for what you have done for us because there was a time when we were coming from Benin, it would take us four hours right from Textile Mill Road junction to Siluko, but today it is just one hour. So, we have to thank you for that.”

GOVERNOR Adams Oshiomhole has declared two days public holidays to enable people of the state participate in the Wednesday governorship election.

Oshiomhole stated that the purpose of the holidays is to enable workers travel to where they registered as voters to exercise their franchise. The two days are Tuesday, September 27, and Wednesday, September 28.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/godfather-edo-pdp-candidate-cant-walk-freely-benin-oshiomhole/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 25, 2016
INCOMING OBA OF BENIN ENDORSED OBASEKI INDIRECTLY

Oba of Benin told dangote that Oshiomole did well in edo state. He says Oshiomole assures him obaseki will perform better than him

The Edaiken N’ Uselu and Crown Prince of Benin Kingdom, HRH Prince Eheneden Erediauwa says Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has made giant strides in infrastructural development and has laid a solid foundation in the State for incoming governors to build upon.

Speaking while receiving the President and Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote in the company of Governor Adams Oshiomhole and former Ekiti Governor, Niyi Adebayo at the Edaiken’s Palace, Benin City, Wednesday, the Crown Prince said, “We thank God and our ancestors for giving us our able governor. I told the President that I have always said that he has tried in Edo State. I am also sure that he is reaping the reward of his efforts in Edo State. He has tried, and we pray that whoever comes in next should try harder to do better.

He has assured us that if it is his candidate that comes in, the candidate will do better than himself. What our governor did is a feat that nobody believed would have been possible considering that he was in the opposition. At the time he came in, he was in the opposition party, and he was not getting attention at that time from the federal. He struggled to generate revenue from within and he used his wisdom. We pray that God should give him more wisdom. My prayer to him is that, as it has always been, he should sail on and on his tenure without blemish to the end successfully. And that still remains our prayer until he hands over the mantle of leadership, and we pray that the next governor should learn from what the Governor has done.”

He continued, “This city used to be described as an ancient kingdom, referring to that ancient city literarily speaking as if it was looking ancient because it was dilapidated. No light and we were in the dark. He is the first governor that has come and he lit up the place. Why can’t one but commend the state Governor for a job well done, since he has laid a serious foundation for other governors to build on?”
The Crown Prince further said, “Our request to you is that wherever we need something from the Federal level, you should assist our dear Governor to actualize what our request is to Mr. President.

We hope that one day, we will have the opportunity of benefitting from that. So, I would like to request on behalf of our chiefs, the Benin people that you keep on representing us at the federal level, assisting the Governor who has done marvelously well. We also like Alhaji to support our efforts to promote tourism in the state. One of the programmes I have by the grace of God is to promote tourism immensely. My pet project is free trade zone at Gelegele, and I have always been passionate about that. So, I have to quickly mention it.”

Responding, the President and Chief Executive, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote said, “I join millions of Nigerians and indeed the entire black race to congratulate you on the occasion of your ascension on to the seat of Oba of the ancient kingdom of Benin, one of Africa’s most revered and historical dynasties. I feel humbled and highly honoured to be invited to the occasion as one of the special guests. We have no doubt that you will build on the solid foundation laid by your forefathers. We all look forward to contributing our quota to the continuous growth and prosperity of the Benin kingdom during your reign. We pray the good Lord to give you the good health, long life and wisdom for a long peaceful and prosperous reign as Oba of Benin Kingdom.”

According to Dangote, “It’s always been a great pleasure for me to come personally and pay you a courtesy call. It is not even now; we have tried and tried to fix an appointment. There was a day even before that day for me to come and commiserate with you on the passing of our dear father. It is not only a loss to the entire Benin kingdom, but both Nigeria and beyond Nigeria, because he served Nigeria and he was a very peaceful person. And we pray to Almighty God to bless his soul.”

Dangote said, “I would like to personally commiserate with you and also to congratulate you for being the next Oba. I have no doubt, your royal majesty you will not only improve and also take Benin kingdom to the next level; I know that it will be felt all over Nigeria. With your exposure being an ambassador, knowing what has been happening all over the Western world, you will apply it here. We will continue to support your Royal Majesty. Right now, I know that with you, even though he is finishing his term in few days, with him and our new Oba, Benin will become a place where people will come from other places and look for jobs. This is actually a place that God has blessed. I was telling the Governor yesterday, creating jobs in Benin is not a difficult task.”

He added, “Governor Adams has actually done very well. People that have not been to Benin for the past ten years, if they visit Benin they will know there has been a real change, and I really congratulate Adams for doing his best bringing this state to this level. Today, I am more than happy that you are the next Oba of Benin. I congratulate you, and I want to assure you of my personal continuous support for this kingdom under your leadership. I will personally come back.”

Speaking earlier, Governor Adams Oshiomhole who accompanied Alhaji Aliko Dangote to the Edaiken Palace said, “Your Royal Highness, you remember I mentioned to you two months ago that I secured a date for Alhaji Aliko Dangote to come and visit you, to come and condole with you and the people of this kingdom. But then he took off from Lagos, and at Benin Airport there was no landing aid and that visit was aborted. It has been his desire to come to still commensurate with you, but this time to congratulate you on your formal installation as the Edaiken N’ Uselu. He has received your letter concerning the grand reception that we are all working for, God willing on the 26th of this month.”
Oshiomhole further said, “People refer to him in other terms, but I describe him in the way that I know him.

I describe him as the Africa’s most hardworking entrepreneur. It is that spirit of hard work that should inspire Nigerians, not the outcome of the hard work. So, in your palace this morning is Africa’s most resourceful entrepreneur.”

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2016/09/oshiomhole-has-laid-a-solid-foundation-in-edo-benin-crown-prince/

What NLC did is globally accepted practice of labour Unions world wide. Labour unions endorsed candidates in United State of America.

Below is United state labour union endorsing hillary clinton for president.

Hillary Clinton locks down major union endorsement

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3803468&page=1

Hillary Clinton Wins Endorsement of Biggest Labor Union
http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/hillary-clinton-wins-endorsement-labor-group-union-afl-cio/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by TPAND(f): 8:07am On Sep 25, 2016
I can authoritatively confirm that NLC doesn't speak the minds of the people anymore with this endorsement.

Quite shameful, no wonder the NLC has lost the dread it use to have

54 Likes

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:07am On Sep 25, 2016
Useless apron of AGIP idiots. NLC should be scrapped ... dem no epp any worker and they are more corrupt than the police. An organisation that produced an imp like oshiomole is a breeding ground for devils offsprings.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:09am On Sep 25, 2016
TPAND:
I can authoritatively confirm that NLC doesn't speak the minds of the people anymore with this endorsement.

Who doesnt know that the NLC is a potent tool for any government in power. Everything is presently compromised in that country

16 Likes

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:11am On Sep 25, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

Who doesnt know that the NLC is a potent tool for any government in power. Everything is presently compromised in that country

So They Should Have endorsed Igbinedion and his gang?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:14am On Sep 25, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

So They Should Have endorsed Igbinedion and his hangs?
No brother, they should have stayed neutral and while at it, be seen to be fighting for the bad economy battered workers of this country.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by TPAND(f): 8:15am On Sep 25, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

Don't mind NLC, instead of them fighting the government to increase minimum wage, they are all about endorsing this kakistocratic plutocrats, who have nothing to offer this country and her people. It's a big shame a body as NLC is so compromised that, they forget the plights and groans of the Nigerian Labour Force and run helplessly endorsing politicians. It is sad.

17 Likes

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by NextGovernor(m): 8:41am On Sep 25, 2016
Nigerians are struggling people if not ehh we for don die for this country.. Every man on his own. Anybody appointed to government or Organisation for mass liberation feels it is his/her time to eat his money and instead to work for the masses, they work for the government they are suppose to be opposing.

Economy is down, inflation, minimum wages, corruption and so many things they are suppose to be fighting instead NLC is supporting a political party openly.

5 Likes

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
TPAND:

Don't mind NLC, instead of them fighting the government to increase minimum wage, they are all about endorsing this kakistocratic plutocrats, who have nothing to offer this country and her people. It's a big shame a body as NLC is so compromised that, they forget the plights and groans of the Nigerian Labour Force and run helplessly endorsing politicians. It is sad.
U are not making any sense. NLC members are nigerians. Actually d more d difficulties in d land d more NLC should show more interest in who govern them. NLC is pressure group who responsibility is to make decisions they consider best for thier members. They believe Obaseki is better for the welfare of thier members and they endorsed him.

it is within the right of NLC to endorse anybody they strongly prefer for thier own interest. That is what union is for. In d United State and UK different union endorsed candidate they prefer. it is a practice worldwide.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by rexlims(m): 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
@ op last time I checked omar waheed is no longer nlc president. Nlc shuld jst "go and die" dis is how they sell d future of Nigerian workers. when ghana must go bags stop changing hands, they will want workers to join dem in strike actions. in Nigeria todAy it is all man for stewpyd NIGERIAN LABOUR CUNTS.

7 Likes

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
Political NLC grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by alizma: 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
NON OF US WANT TO TRULY ASSOCIATE WITH A PARTY WHOSE CORPS IS ALREADY IN THE HANDS OF A RENOWN UNDERTAKER.
SO DONT BLAME NLC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
rexlims:
@ op last time I checked omar waheed is no longer nlc president. Nlc shuld jst "go and die" dis is how they sell d future of Nigerian workers. when ghana must go bags stop changing hands, they will want workers to join dem in strike actions. in Nigeria todAy it is all man for stewpyd NIGERIAN LABOUR CUNTS.

The wrong name is mistake from vanguard. I dont need to correct it. i just did copy and paste from vanguard. Correcting it will reduce the originity of d post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by mumuto: 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

No brother, they should have stayed neutral and while at it, be seen to be fighting for the bad economy battered workers of this country.
but when ize Iyamu is endorsed. The individual or group is celebrated

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by fulaniHERDSman(m): 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
mumuto:
but when ize Iyamu is endorsed. The individual or group is celebrated
free your mind from partisanship. Death to obasoki and ize iyammo. Death to pdp and apc. Life to poor nigerians. Scrap the criminal NLC today cool

3 Likes

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by mumuto: 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

So They Should Have endorsed Igbinedion and his hangs?
i bow o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Political NLC grin grin grin

Labour unions are political in the UK and US

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by steppin: 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
Paid endorsement. Una weldone.
PDP go still open their nyansh.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by mumuto: 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala
OAM4J & Mynd44 are mods
Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
Below is US union endorsing hillary clinton.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/hillary-clinton-wins-endorsement-labor-group-union-afl-cio/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

Below is US union endorsing hillary clinton.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by fulaniHERDSman(m): 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

Oya continuuu .... till una cause bloody war sad

i am only opening ur eyes and mind to know dat even in d most developed countries in d world and most developed democracy in d world, labour unions have d right to endorsed candidates.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by bashydemy1: 2:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
TPAND:

LOL if it were to be the other way will you have type the rubbish?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
bashydemy1:

LOL if it were to be the other way will you have type the rubbish?

dont mind d guy. He is just paranoid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by bashydemy1: 2:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:
Useless apron of AGIP idiots. NLC should be scrapped ... dem no epp any worker and they are more corrupt than the police. An organisation that produced an imp like oshiomole is a breeding ground for devils offsprings.

hahhaha count down to 28th wailers are already wailing... So NLC now are useless abi? sorry wailers keep your wailing till after election.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by bashydemy1: 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

Why will they stay neutral? are they not part of the voters? Mind you i believe they hold several meetings and decide give their support to APC.

They want someone who will not owe them salary as some PDP states are now

Abia

Bayelsa

Delta

Ekiti

Ondo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by bashydemy1: 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
TPAND:

Some people don't have brain and one of them is the poster above.. So they should be fighting for minimum wages in the kind hard economy?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
front page

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi: 2023 Will Be About Competence, Character, Commitment, Not Connection / Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition / Pictures Of Governor's House Built By Former Ekiti Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.