Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Doctors And Healing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Doctors And Healing? (435 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About An Unhappy Marriage? / What Does The Bible Say About Doctors And Healing? / What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Doctors And Healing? by konjinus(m): 9:40am On Sep 25, 2016
The word “Physician” is not mentioned in the Bible

Neither the word Physician nor the word Doctor is used in the Bible. The word mistranslated as Physician is actually the word healer. It is the translators who have presumptuously – and wrongly – defined a Physician – a present-day Doctor - as a healer.

But the Bible, in the original, says something quite different.

Who claims to be our Healer?

God says, “I am the Lord who heals you.” Exodus 15:26

“I will take away sickness from among you. . .” Exodus 23:25,26

“He forgives all my sins and heals ALL my Diseases.” Psalm 103:3

“I will give you back your health again and heal your wounds.” Jeremiah 30:17

“The Lord will remove from you all sickness. . .” Deuteronomy 7:15

“My counsel shall stand, and I WILL do ALL my pleasure.: Isaiah 46:10

“Yes, I have spoken it. I will also bring it to Pass. I have purposed it. I will also do it.” Isaiah 46:11

“God cannot lie.” Titus 1:2

“I am the Lord: I will speak, and the word that I shall speak shall come to pass. Ezekiel 12:25

When Jesus was on earth, He NEVER referred anyone to a Physician

God needs no middle men. When Jesus was on earth, when someone came to Him for healing, He never referred the person to Luke, the “Physician.” Jesus healed the person directly and personally. And He healed him either with His Word – which we have today, in the form of the Bible – or He healed him with natural methods – clay, water, etc.

Jesus NEVER used drugs, although we know that some types of drugs were available in His time. When Jesus was on the Cross, He was offered a type of drug to ease His pain, but He refused it.

In the Bible, What was the consequence of seeking out anyone else except God for healing?

Asa, King of Israel sought out the physicians INSTEAD of depending on the Lord – and Asa DIED!

“And Asa, in the thirty-ninth year of his reign, was diseased in his feet (probably diabetes), until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought NOT to the Lord, but to the physicians (human “healers”)

“And Asa died . . . and rested with his fathers (ancestors).” 2 Chronicles 16:12,13

Ahaziah, King of Israel, and son of the wicked King Ahab (who was married to Jezebel), was ill and did not seek God, but sought the god of Ekron – sorcerers. And Ahaziah DIED!

“And Ahaziah was sick and he sent messengers, and said unto them, Go, inquire of Baalzebub, the god of Ekron, whether I shall recover of this disease.

“But the angel of the Lord said to Elijah the Tishbite, Arise, go up to meet the messengers of the King of Samaria, and say unto them, Is it not because there is NOT a God in Israel, that you go to inquire of Baalzebub the god of Ekron?

“Now, therefore, thus saith the Lord, Thou shalt NOT come down from that bed on which thou art gone up, but shalt SURELY DIE.” 2 Kings 1:2-4

God is our Healer and He doesn’t share that job with humanity. The consequence of seeking out anyone except the Lord for healing – is death!

But HOW Does God Heal?

Jesus certainly did miraculous healings when He was on earth, but there was always ONE requirement. The person wanting to be healed HAD TO BELIEVE. He or she had to believe that Jesus WOULD do what He had already PROMISED to do – and that is to heal ALL our diseases. (Psalm 103:3)

If a person BELIEVES in Jesus, then they will follow His ways, and not “man’s” (the doctors’) ways.

Jesus said, “If you LOVE Me, KEEP My Commandments.” John 14:15

Here is the way God heals ALL our diseases:

“Thou shalt therefore keep the Commandments, and the statutes (laws – including God’s Ten Natural Health Laws) and the judgments (decrees) that I command thee this day, to do them.

“Wherefore it shall come to pass, if you hearken to these judgments, and keep and do them, that the Lord your God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy that He swore unto your fathers:

“And He will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee; He will also bless the fruit of thy womb

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Doctors And Healing? by DLondonboiy: 9:47am On Sep 25, 2016
And your point is........
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Doctors And Healing? by yomi007k(m): 10:23am On Sep 25, 2016
DLondonboiy:
I jus taya for d confused individual.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Doctors And Healing? by orisa37: 10:52am On Sep 25, 2016
Excellent!!!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Doctors And Healing? by orisa37: 10:55am On Sep 25, 2016
Hillary s Yoruba Doctor is God.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Doctors And Healing? by orisa37: 10:58am On Sep 25, 2016
like Atheists.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Doctors And Healing? by konjinus(m): 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Doctors And Healing? by konjinus(m): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
DLondonboiy:
God is the only healer

(1) (Reply)

Saved By Jesus... / The Virtues Of Jumu'ah Friday / What Roots Are You Made Up Of?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.