Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage (30562 Views)

Laberry, Nigerian Lady's Massive Boobs Cause Stir On Instagram (Photos) / Not All Relationships End In Marriage, But... - Bamisepeters 'blog / My Fiance Is Leaving Me , Cause I Let Out My Painful And Biggest Secrets To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Aremu01(m): 7:10am On Oct 11, 2016
Interesting
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Lightening: 7:11am On Oct 11, 2016
Samsonklin:

well capped, bt why do think dat u urself is up to standard? Or are u saying that ur partner does nt also wants some1 who meets their standard? Wel, i tink i wil go wit d op on dis one. #no_disrespect

Word.
Even the ones with nothing to offer are all expecting one knight in a shinning armor whom might have a much higher standard than they can ever attain. And the vicious circle continues.
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by goingape1: 7:11am On Oct 11, 2016
Barigaboy:
Nyc one, every lady u see will tell u I don't like someone is not real. I don't like someone who lies.
After I heard all this I felt that well am a plain person. And she asked me after wooing her. Do u have a gf I told yes n that I don't love her anymore that's y am talking to u now n we ve agreed on breakup. She asked what do u do? I said m still searching for job. I observed that she was not satisfy with ma answers n she avoided me for 3 months. So I restategize. She ask me again do have a girlfriend I told that have stop dating for 5months but m ready to pick a girl I want to love forever. I told her my car was down n its with mechanic n I don't stay in Lagos, I cud be in Abuja today, Port Harcout tomorrow for businesses. If u see d way dis girl was jumping over me. She wanted to kiss me on d road. I refused. She calls me 6 or 5 times in a day. Abeggy y dem prefer lie

ask them
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by AdeniyiA(m): 7:17am On Oct 11, 2016
The real problem is that we can not differentiate between-needs and wants. Differentiating between Who i want and Who I need is very germane. Your relationship with God will bring about the difference. We all have our wants but are they really wat we need for our homes??
Being dogmatic with our wants is one of the reasons why many have remained unmarried.
My wife was ,before we got married, not who I wanted but her presence in my life has shown that she's really who I need.
We should not be shortsighted in relationships.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 11, 2016
Iefosa:

OP is saying something really fantastic, you're saying another thing, in fact come here!
cry cry

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by misscall247: 7:26am On Oct 11, 2016
uzolexis:

you know the most annoying part? It is always women who have to lower their standards, never the man. Men can aim for a beautiful, working class, homely and all their ridiculous criteria but a woman is not allowed to have hers and these topics keep getting on fp regularly, topics insulting and degrading women everytime. NL is a perfect reflection of our society and it's shameful.

Marriage is not compulsory, leave women alone, stop judging women based on their marital status.
Who are u fighting with?

I think is for both men and women
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by kachi19: 7:36am On Oct 11, 2016
The economy has affected the husband market ooh They der de do "scale of preference". you go de house Tay. Na TB Joshua go end am
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by buffalowings: 7:56am On Oct 11, 2016
See them

they will always want to derail the thread with cheesy memes.

You will be banned here like in romance section
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by NEROSKY(m): 8:05am On Oct 11, 2016
Iamhatey:
and the list continues embarassed

Time to stop all this lists and be yourself and mind you Op, marriage is not for everybody

Don't quote me

See u in shillow
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Topestbilly(m): 8:14am On Oct 11, 2016
Iamhatey:
and the list continues embarassed

Time to stop all this lists and be yourself and mind you Op, [b]marriage is not for everybody

Don't quote me[/b]

I must report you to mom n dad so al dis while they've been asking you to bring suitors home, u will be saying "no good man out there" your plan is to become babemama cheesy abi?
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 11, 2016
NEROSKY:

See u in shillow
is shillow in USA undecided undecided
Topestbilly:

I must report you to mom n dad so al dis while they've been asking you to bring suitors home, u will be saying "no good man out there" your plan is to become babemama cheesy abi?
lol. No ooo. Mama understands me wella cheesy
#TeamIndependent#

1 Like

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by uzolexis(f): 9:17am On Oct 11, 2016
misscall247:
Who are u fighting with?

I think is for both men and women

Not fighting with anybody but this thread is solely directed at women.
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by IbBarham(m): 9:27am On Oct 11, 2016
True talk...
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by misscall247: 10:42am On Oct 11, 2016
uzolexis:

Not fighting with anybody but this thread is solely directed at women.
Nop sweet heart!!!marriage involves 2parties=man + woman

we are equally at fault also and we all know it.

#Stop d gender war
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:35am On Oct 11, 2016
Xensity:
Marriage is a very delicate enterprise. It's not something people should rush into, and it's surely not something that is compulsory, like your post is suggesting. I am of the opinion that if someone should enter an institutionalized agreement that essentially involves spending the rest of her life with just one person, then that one person should be someone who meets her standards. Everyone has standards, and these standards shouldn't be circumscribed by opinions of "relationship article writers" who think they have all the answers.

Let's just say you make sense
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by donneco(m): 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
What role does age difference play
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by obowunmi(m): 12:17pm On Oct 11, 2016
AdeniyiA:
The real problem is that we can not differentiate between-needs and wants. Differentiating between Who i want and Who I need is very germane. Your relationship with God will bring about the difference. We all have our wants but are they really wat we need for our homes??
Being dogmatic with our wants is one of the reasons why many have remained unmarried.
My wife was ,before we got married, not who I wanted but her presence in my life has shown that she's really who I need.
We should not be shortsighted in relationships.

Rubbish.... LoooL
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by uzolexis(f): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
misscall247:
Nop sweet heart!!!marriage involves 2parties=man + woman

we are equally at fault also and we all know it.

#Stop d gender war

I'm not fighting a gender war. I am writing in response to the OP's post which is directed specifically at women.
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
emusmithy:

SUB-

[b] 1. He must be 6 feet tall.

God made some short and others tall. What does it have to do with whom you settle down with? I [b][/b]Short lady, you can marry a short guy and give birth to tall kids. Who height even epp?[b][/b]Stop forming nonsense, if he truly loves and you sense it, accept and start something concrete. Don't mind your friend's advice o. You are leaving them behind. Once you are sure of the veracity of his love/affection, be focused.
!

Another fvcktard gets access to the Internet. angry

There's a 1 in 4 chances of procreating children who will be tall when the parents are short. Height plays an important role in the society.

It's illogical to advise a lady or man of 5ft to get married to a partner with same height.
Genetically, you've a 3/4 chance of giving birth to short kids. If you're short, please marry a tall individual. This comment of yours is what's increasing the number of "down to earth" individuals in Akwa Ibom State.
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by nnamdiosu(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2016
Xensity:
Marriage is a very delicate enterprise. It's not something people should rush into, and it's surely not something that is compulsory, like your post is suggesting. I am of the opinion that if someone should enter an institutionalized agreement that essentially involves spending the rest of her life with just one person, then that one person should be someone who meets her standards. Everyone has standards, and these standards shouldn't be circumscribed by opinions of "relationship article writers" who think they have all the answers.

True. But most times those standards are unnecessarily and unrealistic. I once met a young lady who was saying the type of guy she wants as a husband must have hairy chest so at night she can put her head on his shoulder and be running the hair. Some look for swag or red lips. All this are standards but immature and 100 % foolish. Most guys too say only a lady with an hour glass figure will they marry. Marriage is more than physic or beauty. Its more serious than we think.

The next worse place after hell fire is.....a bad marriage.....

1 Like

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by fabienjoe: 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2016
Xensity:

And who is to say the ticked boxes would stay ticked 5, 10, 15 .........years down the line. Common sense and realism win it!
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Jahnedum: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
NO.8 If He is ready to follow me to my CHURCH grin undecided kiss cheesy

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
fellis:

It really isn't as lovely as his.
Doesn't even come close

Your perspective
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by NEROSKY(m): 11:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
MissHatey:
is shillow in USA undecided undecidedlol. No ooo. Mama understands me wella cheesy
#TeamIndependent#

who U.S epp Dat one concern u!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Methods Nigerian Girls Use To Carryout Abortion / Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage / Amazing Pre-wedding Shots Of A Nairalander's Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.