Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:53 PM

Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? (3072 Views)

Machine Learning/neural Network Expert(s) Needed. / Who Can Develop A Credit Risk Evaluation Using Artificial Neural Network / How Can I Implement Credit Risk Management Using Artificial Neural Network Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by Nobody: 4:29am On Sep 26, 2016
I'm trying to delve into the field but it is tough. The toughest field I've ever encountered.

So I thought I could use some help.

Please if there are others with a similar issue, or if there are people with confidence in the subject, we can all converge here.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by chachanga: 6:36am On Sep 26, 2016
Depends on which angle you're approaching it from?

And have considered hitting torrents and 'back-end' sites to supplement your library expenses?

then, you can get on specific sites outside these environments for collaborative support. A decent proxy+vpn combination will ensure you're able to register free accounts on lots of industry-centric specialty sites and forums that'll cater to your specific inquiry needs too as well as you making friends there.

because, NL with all these daily dose of Tonto Dikeh this and that, am not sure you'll get much help here o; in fact Reddit will do far more for you than here.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
chachanga:

Depends on which angle you're approaching it from?

And have considered hitting torrents and 'back-end' sites to supplement your library expenses?

then, you can get on specific sites outside these environments for collaborative support. A decent proxy+vpn combination will ensure you're able to register free accounts on lots of industry-centric specialty sites and forums that'll cater to your specific inquiry needs too as well as you making friends there.

because, NL with all these daily dose of Tonto Dikeh this and that, am not sure you'll get much help here o; in fact Reddit will do far more for you than here.
Sigh*

It hurts that this is true.

1 Like

Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by armadeo(m): 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
Sometimes your thoughg process makes me go wow.

The issues you discuss are things I understand superficially with no deep knowledge of but the fact you delve deeply into them is very impressive.

Ps if you have time what the F is string theory?

1 Like

Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
what does it mean bulding a loan form using artificial neural network using supervised learning abi am not to train the network? just give it it desired input and output using php form?
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2016
armadeo:
Sometimes your thoughg process makes me go wow.

The issues you discuss are things I understand superficially with no deep knowledge of but the fact you delve deeply into them is very impressive.

Ps if you have time what the F is string theory?
string theory?

Hmmn, maybe I'll make a thread on that later.
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by armadeo(m): 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
Teempakguy:
string theory?

Hmmn, maybe I'll make a thread on that later.

Following. Pls let it be in lay man's languages thanks.

1 Like

Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by tartar9(m): 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
Teempakguy:
I'm trying to delve into the field but it is tough. The toughest field I've ever encountered.

So I thought I could use some help.

Please if there are others with a similar issue, or if there are people with confidence in the subject, we can all converge here.

Thanks.
I also share the same problem.Are you also interested in its theoretical underpinnings?
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 06, 2016
tartar9:

I also share the same problem.Are you also interested in its theoretical underpinnings?
I'm interested in every thing.

how far have you gotten?
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
Are you into it?
I'm very much interested.
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by kosasly(m): 8:20am On Nov 30, 2016
Let me go get a pen and a book, lecture is about to start.
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by 4kings: 6:55am On Nov 20, 2017
Teempakguy how far have you gone in your ANN studies?

And you're not here often to teach us physics again. embarassed
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by Olyboy16(m): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
interesting! i should say though, even with my reasonably good logic, i still find ANN to be one igneous rock of gold. i hope OP will share his progress though.
in the mean time, i'll love to learn with everyone here interested; i'm comfortable with the basic math theories of ANN, just starting out to write my first perceptron in C++; then also working on a custom MINST character ReC program with tensorflow (beginner stuff). i'll probably share my progress here with the hope that other geeks will also share their expertise and we'll build a strong knowledge base together.
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by 4kings: 4:49am On Nov 21, 2017
Olyboy16:
interesting! i should say though, even with my reasonably good logic, i still find ANN to be one igneous rock of gold. i hope OP will share his progress though.
in the mean time, i'll love to learn with everyone here interested; i'm comfortable with the basic math theories of ANN, just starting out to write my first perceptron in C++; then also working on a custom MINST character ReC program with tensorflow (beginner stuff). i'll probably share my progress here with the hope that other geeks will also share their expertise and we'll build a strong knowledge base together.
Do share your progress, that would be interesting. smiley
When the OP logs in, i hope he gives us some tuts.
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 30, 2017
4kings:
Teempakguy how far have you gone in your ANN studies?

And you're not here often to teach us physics again. embarassed

I'm actually not supposed to be here. I'm on a self-imposed sabbatical from social networks and online forums.
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by lum1: 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
The best way to understand ANN is intuitively. The mathematics is beautiful only if you are mathematically oriented. Lets talk about a simple multilayer perceptron. Three levels; output layer, input layer and the middle layer. Let me use a generic example.
Two people fought in an office. 6 people witnessed it. As the CEO of the company, you set up a committee of directors to examine the facts. There are six directors in this committee. The goal is for them to examine the facts of the incident, they report the facts to you and you decide whether to fire the employees, suspend them or do nothing. So, to make this simple, the directors would talk only to the witnesses. Each witness, comes into the meeting room and narrates what happened (their perception of what happened), each individual director, tries to understand the events from the perspective of 6 different witnesses, he or she writes a report. You, as the boss reads each of the six reports and you come to decision; fire, suspend or nothing. This is a multilayer layer perceptron (ANN).
In reality, this example correlates to a pre-trained system, but this helps understand some of the underlying logic. I suggest you understand Logistic regression first, then the concept of classification. Then you move to a multi layer perception (forward training), then try to understand backpropagation(this is usually the hardest to get since is based on understanding how and why differential equations work. I hope this helps. Sorry I could not be of more help. I drew up a simple sketch to illustrate my story

Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by 4kings: 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
Teempakguy:

I'm actually not supposed to be here. I'm on a self-imposed sabbatical from social networks and online forums.
Hmm, i hope this sabbatical wouldn't last much longer. sad
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by 4kings: 4:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Good one @lum1 .
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 04, 2017
Sai.. I no understand anything for here
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by islamics(m): 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
lum1:
The best way to understand ANN is intuitively. The mathematics is beautiful only if you are mathematically oriented. Lets talk about a simple multilayer perceptron. Three levels; output layer, input layer and the middle layer. Let me use a generic example.
Two people fought in an office. 6 people witnessed it. As the CEO of the company, you set up a committee of directors to examine the facts. There are six directors in this committee. The goal is for them to examine the facts of the incident, they report the facts to you and you decide whether to fire the employees, suspend them or do nothing. So, to make this simple, the directors would talk only to the witnesses. Each witness, comes into the meeting room and narrates what happened (their perception of what happened), each individual director, tries to understand the events from the perspective of 6 different witnesses, he or she writes a report. You, as the boss reads each of the six reports and you come to decision; fire, suspend or nothing. This is a multilayer layer perceptron (ANN).
In reality, this example correlates to a pre-trained system, but this helps understand some of the underlying logic. I suggest you understand Logistic regression first, then the concept of classification. Then you move to a multi layer perception (forward training), then try to understand backpropagation(this is usually the hardest to get since is based on understanding how and why differential equations work. I hope this helps. Sorry I could not be of more help. I drew up a simple sketch to illustrate my story
Nice one! I was thinking you will classify your story into the three levels.
The witness will be the input layers.
The director getting the statement from the different witness will constitute the middle layer.
The CEO decision is the output layout.

P.S: I no too sabi but I guess the middle layer is where deep learning take place and where all those Mathematics are really involve.
Somebody should correct me if my assumption is wrong abeg.
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by lum1: 9:49am On Dec 05, 2017
islamics:

Nice one! I was thinking you will classify your story into the three levels.
The witness will be the input layers.
The director getting the statement from the different witness will constitute the middle layer.
The CEO decision is the output layout.

P.S: I no too sabi but I guess the middle layer is where deep learning take place and where all those Mathematics are really involve.
Somebody should correct me if my assumption is wrong abeg.
True. I could have done that but I needed to emphasize a point. The point is that inputs are always features. Features can be learned (as in convolutional neural networks) or simply discretely extracted (as in artificial neural networks). Back to the example, you will agree with me that each of the six witnesses would have a perspective on what happened. Some may not have witnessed the entire proceedings. I can thus classify their perspectives as features (incomplete and partial observations of the actual event)
Re: Shall we discuss Artificial Neural Networks here? by islamics(m): 10:40pm On Dec 05, 2017
lum1:

True. I could have done that but I needed to emphasize a point. The point is that inputs are always features. Features can be learned (as in convolutional neural networks) or simply discretely extracted (as in artificial neural networks). Back to the example, you will agree with me that each of the six witnesses would have a perspective on what happened. Some may not have witnessed the entire proceedings. I can thus classify their perspectives as features (incomplete and partial observations of the actual event)
Na all this Grammer dey fear me for ML. Nevertheless, thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer / Everybody Is A Javascript Developer On Nigerian Tech Twitter / Is There Any Hope For A Developer Without Any Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.