Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,261 members, 7,807,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell (44038 Views)

Reno Omokri On Cattle Colonies: What Will Happen To Any State That Allows It / Kidnap Gang In Niger State That Killed Over 19 Victims After Collecting Ransom / The Handshake Between Two Lawmakers In Imo State That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by chie8: 7:09am On Sep 26, 2016
According to Henry Omoregie he was part of the NLNG construction history from the scratch including piping,electrical and safety supervision.He said NLNG was built (first 2 trains) for 3.8 billion USD. With an additional train, it shot up to 4.2 billion USD with plans to expand to about 7 trains on hold, it should (construction-ly speaking) worth about 10 - 15 billion USD or so. That is less than the billions of dollars figures the APC-led Nigeria has been bandying about, as recovered loot.

The JV agreement is shared 49% for Nigeria (NNPC) and the rest 51% by Shell, (biggest share of the other 3 at about 25%) Agip (ENI Group) and Total (then TotalFinaElf).

He said he understands during his sojourn in Bonny Island, that the plant would be wholly NNPC's after 22 years (counting from 1999 or just before). That means in 2021, 51% becomes an addition to the 49% = 100% Naija-owned.He also said the most expensive single ''asset'' in Nigeria and Africa today is the NLNG Plant in Bonny Island, Rivers State Nigeria.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/see-photos-of-nlng-plant-in-bonny.html

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by chie8: 7:10am On Sep 26, 2016

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by pacino26(m): 7:10am On Sep 26, 2016
cool Working in NLNG is the dream of every young Nigerian engineering and process graduate. That place is the heaven on earth in terms of personnel welfare. Life on the island is a bit expensive though but with this startling revelation that in a few years time it becomes 100% Nigerian owned tells us to wake up and resist any nice to sell off this national asset.

I think it's time we rise up against the UNSEEN ENEMY; the politicians holding the country to ransom with unscrupulous amounts allocated to themselves for cars and PAs. Mind you these guys are puppets in the hands of the colonial masters. They know nothing other than the promise of some luxurious lifestyle and false security in their lands.

#READYNAIJA

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Cutehector(m): 7:12am On Sep 26, 2016
Only dangote wants to buy arsenal and nlng

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Paperwhite(m): 7:14am On Sep 26, 2016
We Nigerians should ensure these useless rogues in government never mortgage our collective interest & future.We need a revolution.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by firstking01(m): 7:29am On Sep 26, 2016
Make una dey pray make nothing carry firstking01 go near politics cos even my father and familes won't like meundecided

IhateCorruptionIhateBuhariundecided

12 Likes

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:30am On Sep 26, 2016
Dangote go and buy Arsenal and Manchester United.

We are not selling NLNG and Chelsea fc grin grin grin

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by GoggleB(m): 7:32am On Sep 26, 2016
Sell Assets to fund 2016 budget..

Sell remaining assets to fund 2017 budget..

Sell Nigeria to fund 2018 budget...

Stoopid Government..

184 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by nickvanilla(m): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2016
That you are president doesn't mean you're great.
You may just be one hell of a scam artist
So this is what change meant?
The auctioning off of Nigeria and it's prized possessions?

35 Likes

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Abeymills(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2016
Buhari is a fraud fantasticaly corrupt

27 Likes

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 26, 2016
Baba Iyabo started this sales of National Assets and that was how we lost Delta Steel Company to greedy and stingy Indians. He also sold NEPA and other national assets in the name of privatization and we all know they are the ones doing the buying as well with looted funds, using foreigner as cover face and partners. Now Buhari wan follow suit and do his own. Sometimes I wonder what do these painful gain inflicting poverty, pains, suffering on there fellow human and making life so unbearable for us all. No government in its right senses will want to privatize any of her assets, let alone one as vital as this. The funnies part of all this is once they eventually privatize it. Nigerians will never see the returns made from it. If you think am lying ask that Monkey of a former president to tell us what happen to all the money gotten from every national assets he privatized when he was head of state. If this is not stopped by Nigerians, soon every national assets will be owned by certain families in this country and that means they will control the number of meals people will be eating daily. If only people even know what even Dangote is really trying to do. Ohh my country

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Schwartz: 7:51am On Sep 26, 2016
I can't believe NLNG is worth only 15,billion dollars. I was part of its building is 2006. I was part of train 6. We built 4 tanks in train 6 for 550 million USD. Only 4 tanks o! Plus our salaries came from NLNG so that means it cost far more than that to build the six trains plus I was there when the ground was prepared for train 7. Or except the 15 billion is only the amount government invested in its building. Because major companies (SHELL and co) partnered to build it. Then what of the cost of the gigantic ships that were bought to export the gas. The Residential areas, hospitals schools. Inshort plus all the total assests NLNG owns? No no no, NLNG is far worth than that.
I personally think it is wickedness for anyone to sell a very functional gas facility as this.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Mujaheeeden: 7:57am On Sep 26, 2016
They want to sell NLNG so that they will use the money for 2019 campaign

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Agimor(m): 8:16am On Sep 26, 2016
Like somebody said Nigeria would soon be auction on eBay maybe that is a soothsayer.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 26, 2016
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by abokibuhari: 8:22am On Sep 26, 2016
afonja caused all these shits happening now...

36 Likes

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Firstlieutenant(m): 8:34am On Sep 26, 2016
Dem want buy am with the same tax payers money dem loot

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Aimwest(m): 8:43am On Sep 26, 2016
Am saying this from the bottom of my heart, it's time we show this mother fuckers the power of the masses. Let us all rise against it and voice out "don't sell our national assets" !!!! Let it trend on every social media we know. Ti won ba le were titi kan ogiri yo yiju pada ni. This is the time we must face them back and show them the power of the masses. Don't keep silent on this matter my fellow Nigerians. God bless us all.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by richidinho(m): 8:45am On Sep 26, 2016
I am also happy to be part of train 5 & 6

Yaradua suspended train 7 due to the fact that we needed a large qty of gas to power electricity turbines nationwide. Visionary leader i must say

This same idiets that was preaching to us how market forces will bring down price of PMS once subsidy is removed are here again.

The most corrupt Abacha was able to construct 28,000 duplexes in Gwarinpa Estate, but it takes saint OBJ jst few months to sell everything to his frnds.

The corrupt and brutal military was able to construct
ALSCON
NLNG
REFINERIES
ABEOKUTA STEEL
NATIONAL THEATRE
ALMOST ALL THE AIRPORTS

our saints are planning to sell them off

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by richidinho(m): 8:48am On Sep 26, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Dangote go and buy Arsenal and Manchester United.

We are not selling NLNG and Chelsea fc grin grin grin

Bros take your time oooo

6 Likes

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Adminisher: 9:13am On Sep 26, 2016
There are too many ignorant, dumb kids on Nairaland.
Nigeria only owns 50 % to 75% of this plant? I am not sure if the cottect percentage
The FG merely wants to dilute this a little to maybe 45% to 30% and still be the largest shareholder. There are two or three other big owners including she'll and maybe Phillips.
What Nigeria has gained most from LNG is the enormous tax the company has paid since inception. That will not change and might increase if they get more trains.

I am beginning to support quick asset sales so that corruption will be reduced. Nigeria makes more money from tax than dividends. One of the stupid things the corrupt Dieziani was using to boast is that she never "touched" LNG dividends "yet" as if she was appointed to misappropriate it in the first place.

11 Likes

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Adminisher: 9:14am On Sep 26, 2016
richidinho:
I am also happy to be part of train 5 & 6

Yaradua suspended train 7 due to the fact that he wanted a large qty of gas to power electricity turbines nationwide. Visionary leader i must say

This same idiet that was preaching to us how market forces will bring down price of PMS once subsidy is removed are here again.

The most corrupt Abacha was able to construct 28,000 duplexes in Gwarinpa Estate, but it takes saint OBJ jst few months to sell everything to his frnds.

The corrupt and brutal military was able to construct
ALSCON
NLNG
REFINERIES
ABEOKUTA STEEL
NATIONAL THEATRE
ALMOST ALL THE AIRPORTS

our saints are planning to sell them off

I have said this many times, the military has been more focused and value adding than civilian governments.

17 Likes

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by tafrica(m): 9:21am On Sep 26, 2016
If we allow these people sell NLNG, we should be ashamed to tell our children the stories; "that we one time allowed a particular clueless Govt run down our economy and then sold our farm (NLNG) just to buy lunch (fund 2016 budget)"

This is bad

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by sweatlana: 9:37am On Sep 26, 2016
angry
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by ladyF(f): 9:37am On Sep 26, 2016
You can name a couple of people behind this insane development.

Dangote.
Tifnubu.
Buhari.
....and friends. angry

So when they sell assets and use it to fund 2016 budget, what will they use to fund 2017 budget? Common sense is truly not common.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

22 Likes

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by martineinstein(m): 9:39am On Sep 26, 2016
they should sell others,especially airports,ajaokuta,aladja steel,refineries(xcept portharcort)national stadium lagos etc and leave NLNG ...they should sell dem to foreigners,especially chinese and europeans

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by richidinho(m): 9:39am On Sep 26, 2016
Adminisher:

I have said this many times, the military has been more focused and value adding than civilian governments.

All they do is pay salaries

Imagine!! the 2015 budget was all salary, no single project Buhari can tell us he did

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by ostirich(m): 9:41am On Sep 26, 2016
nasooo
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by GMbuharii: 9:41am On Sep 26, 2016
GOING,GOING,GOING..........

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by ghettodreamz(m): 9:41am On Sep 26, 2016
Na waooo
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by izzou(m): 9:42am On Sep 26, 2016
ladyF:
angry

Your signature no be here

grin
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by GreatUniben: 9:42am On Sep 26, 2016
I just hope they will not sell all the zombies to finance bubu's family trip and feeding expenses come 2017 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Demolishes Over 50 Brothels, Prostitutes Revolt / The Fight Towards Corruption Is Real!(photo Of The Day) / Emmanuel Iwuanyawu's Younger Wife Is Pregnant (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.