Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) (62776 Views)

Meet The Doctors President Buhari Hired To Treat His Son - Daily Nigerian / Biafra: Nigerian Students Clash In India (Photo) / Boko Haram Hired Mercenaries Killed After Attacking Soldiers In Borno. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by gidgiddy: 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2016
kingthreat:

Yeah and we also sold our children to him. More bloody lies. The federal republic of Nigeria is here to stay just like your head is bound to remain flat grin

Hmmmmm......

1 Like

Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by cyberdurable(m): 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
Yannny:
[size=20pt]UPON ALL HE FAILED! [/size]

[size=15pt]ADVICE TO NNAMDI KANU: NELSON MANDELA WENT TO PRISON AND CAME OUT SUCCESSFULLY BECAUSE HIS FIGHT WAS JUST & LOGICAL. BUT YOU, YOUR FOOLISHNESS AND SELFISH INTEREST WILL ONLY MAKE YOU REGRET YOUR DECISION FOR EVER. "NELSON FOUGHT FOR A COURSE, YOU STAND FOR YOUR PURSE"... LEARN FROM WHAT HAPPEN TO YOUR PREDECESSOR - OJUKWU...[/size]

[size=13pt]NIGERIA IS ONE TILL ETERNITY... ANYBODY THAT ATTEMPT TO DIVIDE US, WILL EXCUSE US BY DEATH...[/size]
writing in bold doesn't mean u write sense... U r a moronic afonja
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
Yannny:

[size=15pt]ADVICE TO NNAMDI KANU: NELSON MANDELA WENT TO PRISON AND CAME OUT SUCCESSFULLY BECAUSE HIS FIGHT WAS JUST & LOGICAL. BUT YOU, YOUR FOOLISHNESS AND SELFISH INTEREST WILL ONLY MAKE YOU REGRET YOUR DECISION FOR EVER. "NELSON FOUGHT FOR A COURSE, YOU STAND FOR YOUR PURSE"... LEARN FROM WHAT HAPPEN TO YOUR PREDECESSOR - OJUKWU...[/size]

[size=13pt]NIGERIA IS ONE TILL ETERNITY... ANYBODY THAT ATTEMPT TO DIVIDE US, WILL EXCUSE US BY DEATH...[/size]

Ur not smart at all. If I were u, I won't do what u just did even if u hate BIAFRA, OJUKWU or NNAMDI KALU. Am not abusing u ooo, but am saying u should really
think before doing certain things in a public media like NAIRALAND. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE especially in this fragile POLITY...just an advise o,
good luck Sir!!!
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by Gassa007: 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2016
kingthreat:

Shattap dere. Wetin this one dey talk. You know as your grandfathers fight Biafra war?

[img]http://2.bp..com/-mBx4-tOD4TM/VTy7k_Ju4vI/AAAAAAAAiho/x8JaXP-UF2k/s1600/akin.PNG[/img]
And still held you for three solid years if not of your helpers(Russia,Britain, Egypt etc) your asses would have been whooped big time
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by whitecloth: 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
jnichole:
if you want to get unbiased view on the civil war how awolowo betrayed the igbo race even after an igbo man saved his neck read the book the making of an african legend by frederick forsyth.
If you have the soft copy of this book will you be kind enough to send.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by charlesucheh(m): 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
kaluchuks:

****Did you just put up this comment for a response or the hangover is still affecting your sense of reasoning,you better wake up,the truth is that people like you will end up drown in your own vomit when the time comes,if truly you are from South south region of the country, remember what ojukwu told saro wiwa before he was killed"he met him in the prison and told him,goodmorning"that was when it was dawn to him that he was used to fights is brothers before they now executed him......try and read sometimes man,dont just spend your time playing nairabet..
YOU'RE THE ONE STILL ON HANGOVER. YOUR CREATOR HASN'T EVEN THOUGHT OF BRINGING YOUR SORRY ASS INTO THIS WORLD WHEN THE WHOLE SHIT STARTED, AND YOU ARE HERE ACTING ALL UP AS IF YOU KNOW WHAT WAS BEHIND THE BIAFRAN STRUGGLE. IF A WAR BREAKS OUT NOW, YOU GO LOSS ONE TIME>>>> IF NA TO MAKE MOUTH, NA YOUR OWN GO WIDE PASS....EDIOT!! YOU GET LUCK SAY I NO SEE YA FACE, I FOR GIVE YOU DIRTY SLAP!!!!! IN FACT, TAKE THIS>>>>>>

Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by kingthreat(m): 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
Gassa007:

And still held you for three solid years if not of your helpers(Russia,Britain, Egypt etc) your asses would have been whooped big time

With sticks and machetes??
One of the reason you can type whatsoever on Nairaland is because that war ended

2 Likes

Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by Godwin616: 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2016
selch:

Dude, why the hate? I see yoruba ND igbo fight , igbo and hausa fight, Muslim and Christian fight on nairaland, but I wonder why the hate? Only if we can all direct the hate to our corrupt leaders Nigeria would have been better ##smhw
God bless you bro. This is one of the most reasonable and intelligent comments I have seen recently here.

2 Likes

Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by mindtricks: 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2016
gidgiddy:
I've watched this video a number of times and the hypocrisy is mind blowing. I give props to Major Taffy Williams, my father fought alongside him on the Biafran side and he was a great motivator. It should be noted that mercenaries were used on both sides of the war, infact, Nigeria used far mor mercenaries than Biafra.

As Ojukwu rightly said in the interview "war is the price of freedom". Every war has one side that is fighting for freedom and another side that is fighting to take freedom away. When it comes to the Nigerian/Biafran war, every Nigerian knows which side was fighting freedom and which side was fighting to take that freedom away.

I'm happy that people like Gowon, Obasunjo, Buhari, IBB who all fought against Biafra and went on to be presidents are all still alive today. I'm happy that they all alive to see the faliure that same Nigeria has become.

Ojukwu has been vindicated, the Nigeria he fought againt turned out to be a monumental disaster, proving that Ojukwu was right to try and get him people out.
Aren't you Igbo?
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by Caseless: 5:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
The government killed mercenaries and , not ibo people.
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by gragraboy: 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
gidgiddy:

Of course Nigeria is a complete faliure, look around you and tell me what is working? Nigeria can't even boast of a bigger economy than Belgium, a small country of just 10 million people.

Nobody is coming together to make anything work, it's not a must that everybody must believe in the same project as you.

SharkTank:

Nigeria is a failure. Unrest in 3 outta six zones. Recession. Tribal and religious discord. If Nigeria is your idea of a working system, the mediocrity of your type is the problem Nigeria is facing

I agree with u pple that the country is going through tough times.....so you are saying breaking away is the solution? We cant repair our own country again?
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by tdemo(m): 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2016
[quote author=hucienda post=49 please do u know any site I can download this book for free!!!
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by willibounce1(m): 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2016
soberdrunk:
"its a victory for common sense". As a yoruba man that has lived in igboland land practically all my life, this is where i call home, these are whom i call my brothers, i pray they bury their hate and forget the past transgressions as we all work "together" for a brighter future...................

They will never forget any past... their heads and minds is filled with hatred passed onto them by their fore fathers... they think other Nigerians are responsible for their failure in life forgetting that everybody can never be successful.... the same way we have rich igbo people is the same way we have poor igbo people and in other tribes too..but some of these hopeless flattinos need someone to blame for their failure in life and they are quick to call awolowo, gowon, and curse hausa and yoruba for their problems.

If you can't make it in Nigeria, you obviously won't make it in your failed Biafra.. if you check, the successful igbos don't give two phucks about Biafra... the hopeless village goats and the ones who are used to corruption as a means of getting rich are the ones shouting Biafra up and down... whether they like it or not, Biafra will never come..it's dead and buried even before ojukwu died.

2 Likes

Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by tsmat(m): 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2016
selch:

Dude, why the hate? I see yoruba ND igbo fight , igbo and hausa fight, Muslim and Christian fight on nairaland, but I wonder why the hate? Only if we can all direct the hate to our corrupt leaders Nigeria would have been better ##smhw

GOD BLESS YOU SIR
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by Kdon2: 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2016
jnichole:
if you want to get unbiased view on the civil war how awolowo betrayed the igbo race even after an igbo man saved his neck read the book the making of an african legend by frederick forsyth.

Common! The igbo caused their own down fall,dey should not have face any south west land! U expect Awolowo to be looking on while ibos face the western region during the civil war? If ojukwu had not overun Benin and Ore he would have won the war!

1 Like

Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by Kdon2: 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2016
jnichole:

Bros The igbo caused their own down fall,dey should not have face any south west land! U expect Awolowo to be looking on while ibos face the western region during the civil war? If ojukwu had not overun Benin and Ore he would have won the war! But he was too greedy he wanted to conquer the west too that was his albatross. Go and learn history.

2 Likes

Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by Kdon2: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
Yannny:

Are you talkin or crying?!
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by gidgiddy: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
gragraboy:

I agree with u pple that the country is going through tough times.....so you are saying breaking away is the solution? We cant repair our own country again?

We might have have repaired, if we believed it was our Country. As an Igbo man, why would I want to help repair something that killed over 3 million of my fellow tribes men?
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by calcal: 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2016
The issue is that the continent is a failed one. Europeans fought wars also but move on
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by reducto: 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
kingthreat:

Please try and fight for freedom. Me and my boys in the army will show you what we call the "Art of War"
slowpoke.
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by reducto: 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
photoshoot:

He didn't fight to prove anything. He only fought for South south oil. cool

You all were and still are pawns to the actualisation of the idea.
Mumu which south south oil? Igbos get oil for Abia, Imo, Anambra, Ugwuoba in Enugu, Edda in Ebonyi.
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by capip120(m): 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2016
jnichole:
Please can you email me a soft copy of the book?
It will be most appreciated.
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by Cosbyrich: 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
SonofDevil:
The video burst so many lies.

Biafra Didn't build any jack.

Those weapons where supplied by france

Wetin concern anybody if dem no build Jack?
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by kingthreat(m): 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
reducto:

slowpoke.

Anăl licker
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by onyebaba(m): 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
The Ikemba never denounced Biafra instead he was quoted to have said “History does not repeat itself , But if it did, I would do exactly the same again.” RIP Ojukwu.
I'm not Igbo but I have mad respect for you my Hero
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by jnichole(m): 11:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
capip120:
Please can you email me a soft copy of the book? onyenwegodswill@gmail.com It will be most appreciated.
sorry i only have the print
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by jnichole(m): 11:21pm On Sep 26, 2016
whitecloth:
If you have the soft copy of this book will you be kind enough to send. Thanks.
i only have the print
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by jnichole(m): 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2016
cyrilamx:
Why did the igbos co-opt unwilling tribe into their eldorado Biafra? If they were seceeding, why annexed the mid-west? It was an unforgiving error on part of Ojukwu and other Biafran leaders.
the book there was a country laid it bare ojukwu did not attack the mid-west it was the yoruba man he took under his wing against the wish of his advicers that carried out that action

1 Like

Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 27, 2016
kingthreat:

Please try and fight for freedom. Me and my boys in the army will show you what we call the "Art of War"

You sound like one of those cowards that can't stand boko boys,always displaying your ignorance on social media
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by cyrilamx(m): 12:42am On Sep 27, 2016
It too lame blaming Banjo and exonerating Ojukwu who was Biafra's commander in chief. All of us read history regarding the war. If Banjo acted alone in invading mid-west as you want us to believe, then why did Ojukwu appoint immediately, Major Albert Okonkwo as military governor of mid-west? Guy, we know there might have been a gentleman agreement between Awolowo and ojukwu which can't be proven now, but don't re-write history by trying to paint Ojukwu as only a secessionist and not a conqueror.
jnichole:
the book there was a country laid it bare ojukwu did not attack the mid-west it was the yoruba man he took under his wing against the wish of his advicers that carried out that action
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by 0ganiru: 6:37am On Sep 27, 2016
cyrilamx:
It too lame blaming Banjo and exonerating Ojukwu who was Biafra's commander in chief. All of us read history regarding the war. If Banjo acted alone in invading mid-west as you want us to believe, then why did Ojukwu appoint immediately, Major Albert Okonkwo as military governor of mid-west? Guy, we know there might have been a gentleman agreement between Awolowo and ojukwu which can't be proven now, but don't re-write history by trying to paint Ojukwu as only a secessionist and not a conqueror.
and Yorubas as the liberators? Yorubas never spent a year in Nigeria's democratic history without pursuing some selfish agenda. I wonder who gave this holiest theory to you. Why were Igbos killed in the west before the civil war (don't say Akintola's death because common knowledge is that the generals liberated Yoruba land from the tyrant via a coup in which Yorubas were well represented). The coup is no more igbo's than yoruba's. It may be more proper to refer it a coup by concerned generals. Justify the killings of Igbo civilians and soldiers and then justify the war upon igbos when they moved away from the killing, in the name of one nigeria. No sincere historian will back nigeria to any extent. And when outsiders read write ups like yours, it only shows a great miseducation. And about calling adekunle, murtala, gowon, Buhari, obasanjo, ty danjuma national heros (how about hittler)
Re: The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video) by LastProphet: 7:20am On Sep 27, 2016
jnichole:

Federick Forsyth was a classmate of Ojukwu in Oxford so try to look elsewhere for unbiased account of the civil war

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds / What Foreign Observers Are Saying #nigeriadecides2019. / Nasir Hassan Wagini: On My Way To Otuke To Seek For Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.