Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,378 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Solved - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Solved (8534 Views)

_ / Infertility Solved!!! / Your Biggest First Date Worries…solved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solved by adviseseeker: 10:57am On Sep 26, 2016
Solved

1 Like

Re: Solved by afanide: 11:27am On Sep 26, 2016
@op, do you engage in pre-intimacy before sex? Or you just jump on her and start the game?

Women like pre-intimacy so much and when this is lacking, issues like these come up.

What are her excuses? From there we would know how to channel our comments....

We can't just jump into conclusion at this point......

1 Like

Re: Solved by Creamish(f): 11:32am On Sep 26, 2016
I really hope your ability to communicate with your wife isn't affected too? cos U can only resolve ur issues via communication. If the spark in your marriage is lost, try get it back.

1 Like

Re: Solved by adviseseeker: 11:32am On Sep 26, 2016
afanide:
@op, do you engage in pre-intimacy before sex? Or you just jump on her and start the game?

Women like pre-intimacy so much and when this is lacking, issues like these come up.

What are her excuses? From there we would know how to channel our comments....

We can't just jump into conclusion at this point......
I enjoy fore-play more than her. She simply don't want to try anything. And I get the no even before trying anything. 90% of the time I make the move first and 85% of the time get no for answer which is sicking.

Her excuse - she is either tired ( watching youtube and Africa Magic ) or not in the mood. Or I demand for sex too much.

Okay let's not have sex oo, let's seat inside and talk, she rather youtube.

I have asked her many times if I am not attractive to her and if I disgust her and she said no.

1 Like

Re: Solved by Ginaz(f): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2016
Men and sex sha, o.p you need to understand that women don't usually have the urge like men always do 24/7.

When a woman is not on her heat period or isn't just in the mood, nothing can entice her. Maybe she's having low libido, your marriage is still young to worry over sex issues.

As for the cooking stuff, she has to change. I hope I won't have that habit cos I'm almost like her in the cooking aspects. I sabi do late tinx grin

1 Like

Re: Solved by adviseseeker: 11:39am On Sep 26, 2016
Ginaz:
Men and sex sha, o.p you need to understand that women don't usually have the urge like men always do 24/7.

When a woman is not on her heat period or isn't just in the mood, nothing can entice her. Maybe she's having low libido, your marriage is still young to worry over sex issues.

As for the cooking stuff, she has to change. I hope I won't have that habit cos I'm almost like her in the cooking aspects. I sabi do late tinx grin
If three times a week is too much they you should in all honesty not get married.

The real annoying thing is the way the NO is said. And as for the food, what's not acceptable is not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solved by Ginaz(f): 11:41am On Sep 26, 2016
adviseseeker:
If three times a week is too much they you should in all honesty not get married.

The real annoying thing is the way the NO is said. And as for the food, what's not acceptable is not.

Maybe she has some internal issues with you, have you tried talking with her? sad

1 Like

Re: Solved by adviseseeker: 11:58am On Sep 26, 2016
Ginaz:

Maybe she has some internal issues with you, have you tried talking with her? sad
I have asked so many times without any thing said.
Re: Solved by shortgun(m): 12:18pm On Sep 26, 2016
Maybe you are too soft with her.
it's time you take control of your house, women are like babies sometimes you need a little force to make them do the right thing.

You don't have to beg for what is rightly yours... stop been a gentleman.
Threaten her with infidelity...tell her you can easily get any woman of your choice.

7 Likes

Re: Solved by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
It's ironic how sex is an issue in marriages. I have read like three topics bordering on wives refusing sex in like two days.

Another thing I have come to notice or perhaps females are just being silent making it seem, men really like sex a lot. I mean aside from normal pent up urge. shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solved by seyigiggle: 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2016
i have off the family section for some time now, but i recently observed the way in which food has becomes issue in some home.
I believe you are here for advice? so i'm gonna spill it for you.
Be a man! real men dont whine. they dont depend on woman for everything.
there is always a substitute.
for instance, if your food is served late, go out and eat! will you die if you dont eat your wife food?
Your sex life could be boring, or there could be an underlying issues that you two have not trashed out.
all the same, if you are a homely man, spend time out once in a while. infact come home late without responding to questions about your where about. start acting independent. mind you i am not advising you to cheat on your wife in the process.

5 Likes

Re: Solved by snakie86: 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2016
Coming back to comment
Re: Solved by yekparikpa(m): 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2016
You'll see our young boys bragging "when i get married, my wife dare not do dis blah blah blah..i'll beat her thoroughly et al" My brother getting married is not easy, staying married is even tougher. As a married man myself I'll advice you try as much as you can to tolerate certain things. God help you!

7 Likes

Re: Solved by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2016
[b]Well, check yourself out bro.

How romantic are you
Are you only romantic when you want to have sex or you don't know how to put her in the mood even before you ask for it Forget about her having peeps around to take care of the baby, do you help her with the baby at all

The most important thing is to get your wife away from home and even the baby.
Take her to where is romantic and communicate.

About the food, I hate late things thou. I was brought up in a family where our breakfast is ready by 6a.m because mum was a teacher before she retired and dinner is ready by 5p.m. I can't even eat anything when it's past 6p.m till now. I hope husby won't be the type that like late food thou Cox im addicted to my eating habits.

Just TALK and act like a MAN. Help her in the kitchen too. Even gisting with her in the kitchen is another way of helping. I did not say you should wash plates(not bad if you do too because you are helpmates).

Communication is the answer sir. Sit her down and express yourself. Ask her what you are not doing right, tell her you are a MAN and since you are married, your konji is very high now smiley.[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solved by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2016
yekparikpa:
You'll see our young boys bragging "when i get married, my wife dare not do dis blah blah blah..i'll beat her thoroughly et al" My brother getting married is not easy, staying married is even tougher. As a married man myself I'll advice you try as much as you can to tolerate certain things. God help you!
lol.
Very true. They think it's that 'easy'.

5 Likes

Re: Solved by Pidggin(f): 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Solved by thorpido(m): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
You say you have a 5mth old baby right?Your wife is still nursing so hormones are still working in her that affects sexual urges.Moreover,women don't always want sex.FACT
There's nothing wrong with wanting sex 3 times a week but only few women want it that much.You're the one who might have to make adjustments here.The fact that you married a woman as a man does not mean she has to be a light switch that puts on a bulb anytime it is pressed.

You say you're not working.You having too much time makes you think of sex all the time.Perhaps you need to channel some energy into doing other things.I'll suggest a gym.

If your wife doesn't prepare breakfast early enough,perhaps you should do it yourself.In marriage you should help each other and also lighten each other's burden.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solved by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2016
Women sha .

You just need to sit her down and talk to her . Knowing her reasons for her actions is a great step towards finding a solution . When she states her reasons , try and find a suitable solution - one both of you agree on - and give her time to adjust .

Don't stop telling her how much you love her and be patient with her . And errm , You can tell her you'd surprise her with a nice gift at the end of it all - this would serve an animus which could make her adjust quickly to the proffered solution , for faster results .
Re: Solved by cococandy(f): 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
Very wise undecided
shortgun:
Maybe you are too soft with her.
it's time you take control of your house, women are like babies sometimes you need a little force to make them do the right thing.

You don't have to beg for what is rightly yours... stop been a gentleman.
Threaten her with infidelity...tell her you can easily get any woman of your choice.

4 Likes

Re: Solved by adviseseeker: 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
thorpido:
You say you have a 5mth old baby right?Your wife is still nursing so hormones are still working in her that affects sexual urges.Moreover,women don't always want sex.FACT
There's nothing wrong with wanting sex 3 times a week but only few women want it that much.You're the one who might have to make adjustments here.The fact that you married a woman as a man does not mean she has to be a light switch that puts on a bulb anytime it is pressed.
I thought of this but there are usually a way to say No without hurting the other person and if you constantly say no, when you then want it, you shouldn't be hurt and resort to malice when the other person also says no to you.

I wish I can reveal my real identity here and have the couple of people on here who know me to my house even before I got married to comment. I can be very understanding but I hate when you are being disrespectful. See for instance, we recently decided to change apartment as I was spending too much on fuel due to the constant heat in the house we were leaving. We want house hunting, she came up with one excuse to the other as to why she can't do the house hunting. I took up the task. I searched and searched and searched. Couldn't find anything tangible. Got one for 620k which I like. I told her to go and check it before I paid. I told her repeatedly she kept coming up with one excuse to the other. I made the payment only for her to go and check yesterday and was complaining the palour was small which I find insulting considering I have told her to go and check it severally. The least I expected is sorry, nah oo, she can't say sorry and this issue of not wanting to apologise has made me to invite her mother over once over a more serious issue than sex and food for which she refused to apologise.

You say you're not working.You having too much time makes you think of sex all the time.Perhaps you need to channel some energy into doing other things.I'll suggest a gym.
I honestly do not think 3 times a week is bad. And many times I work 12 hours per day including weekends as I don't enjoy watching TV. My only way to relax is to play with my baby as wify is busy with instagram , youtube or Magic Africa.

If your wife doesn't prepare breakfast early enough,perhaps you should do it yourself.In marriage you should help each other and also lighten each other's burden.
I am not a good cook but I still try to cook but I can't and I won't do it all the time. I work, practically run a joint account with her just so she doesn't have to ask for money before she gets it, and then will do the cooking in the house as well while she watches TV. NAH. I rather do what I hate and did today - eat away from home.

6 Likes

Re: Solved by cococandy(f): 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2016
OP first of all she does own her body. So yes you should see it that way. Not that I encourage rudeness if any.

And a 5month old baby? Dude make your own damn breakfast! Do you wake up the feed and nurse the child at night? Do you know how stressful it is to nurse a baby through the night only for the moment you want to rest, for someone else to start demanding attention to their own needs too.
I can't begin tell you how insensitive it is for you to even complain that your breakfast is late. Yea she doesn't work. Why don't you switch places with her for a week and see how easy her job is.

At 5 months postnatum, you should be bringing her breakfast in bed. Or at least not bother her to make it for you except she wants to.

For the sex thing, I still think you're the problem. If you consider 3 times a week for a woman who just had a baby as too little (when regular couples sometimes don't even get it that much,) then no wonder she's reacting the way she is. How many times did you want it before? 3 times a day? Maybe you should go back to your job so you have time for other things in your life than bugging your postnatal wife for daily sex.

I know I sound harsh but sorry I can't get over how insensitive you sound.

Read thorpido's post more. It's a kinder version of mine. Bye:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solved by adviseseeker: 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2016
[quote author=Iamhatey post=49685694][b]Well, check yourself out bro.

How romantic are you
Are you only romantic when you want to have sex or you don't know how to put her in the mood even before you ask for it
I am fairly romantic but who enjoys being turned down. How many times have I tried to initiate romance and get excuses.

Three days ago, I had to insist we both won't sleep at home that we sleep in an hotel and leave the baby behind. It was a big war. She no gree until I used force and even getting to the hotel after eating she concentrated on her phone till I BLASTED her and told her she needs the help of another girl.

Forget about her having peeps around to take care of the baby, do you help her with the baby at all
If you know me, I would have said you are insulting me. My own child? Knowing fully well the time I spend with her now will determine how close or distant she will be with me in the future? A child I have been dreaming off? I went to get two hours nap just now as I couldn't really write ( I am a writer ) and while going instead I was saying to myself " I have the best daughter in the world at least".

Just TALK and act like a MAN. Help her in the kitchen too. Even gisting with her in the kitchen is another way of helping. I did not say you should wash plates(not bad if you do too because you are helpmates).
I can't always be in the kitch with her as I have a serious allergy problem/almost like I am asthmatic but I really am not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solved by adviseseeker: 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2016
cococandy:
OP first of all she does own her body. So yes you should see it that way. Not that I encourage rudeness if any.

And a 5month old baby? Dude make your own damn breakfast! Do you wake up the feed and nurse the child at night? Do you know how stressful it is to nurse a baby through the night only for the moment you want to rest, for someone else to start demanding attention to their own needs too.
I can't begin tell you how insensitive it is for you to even complain that your breakfast is late. Yea she doesn't work. Why don't you switch places with her for a week and see how easy her job is.

At 5 months postnatum, you should be bringing her breakfast in bed. Or at least not bother her to make it for you except she wants to.

For the sex thing, I still think you're the problem. If you consider 3 times a week for a woman who just had a baby as too little (when regular couples sometimes don't even get it that much,) then no wonder she's reacting the way she is. How many times did you want it before? 3 times a day? Maybe you should go back to your job so you have time for other things in your life than bugging your postnatal wife for daily sex.

I know I sound harsh but sorry I can't get over how insensitive you sound.

Read thorpido's post more. It's a kinder version of mine. Bye:
I don't get 3 times a week not that I am complaining three times a week is too much.

So because you nurse a baby overnight you wake up 10am? How about going to bed on time too? I work most times 16 hours per day shall I give that as an excuse for not feeding the family too?

9 Likes

Re: Solved by austine4real(m): 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
grin grin grin grin
e be like say her libido don drop be dat try n put buratanshi in her drink com e n give us testimony grin

2 Likes

Re: Solved by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
[quote author=adviseseeker post=49687515][/quote]woah! Then time to involve a counselor then
Re: Solved by shortgun(m): 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
cococandy:
Very wise undecided
I know many of you won't like it but that's the truth.
since the bird has learned to fly without perching the hunter should also learn to shoot without missing.

Men like the OP is reason why women like that exists.
I blame him in all of this cos he has done all the don'ts in marriage and he is paying d consequences.
When a woman knows that there is nothing about you she doesn't know you are done for.

Nothing interests her about you anymore, there are no tasks for her, you are not giving her any challenges, there are no surprises, she knows how much you are worth, she knows where u r every minute of d day, she know how you think ...... you become boring to you

Women naturally are made to nurture.....when you become a perfect man....she will lose interest.

5 Likes

Re: Solved by cococandy(f): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
adviseseeker:
I don't get 3 times a week not that I am complaining three times a week is too much.

So because you nurse a baby overnight you wake up 10am? How about going to bed on time too? I work most times 16 hours per day shall I give that as an excuse for not feeding the family too?

Yes sometimes I wake up at noon. If I nursed the baby through the night, it means it was day for me and then the day is my night to sleep. Those little buggers usually have their nights and days mixed up until a certain age. They are the ones who dictate when the mom can sleep. If she decides to go to bed early, will you take over caring for the baby,if he/she is not yet asleep? I'm guessing not.

Bringing money to the house is not all there is to being a parent. See your 16hr workday as tasking as hers and imagine what you'd feel if you had someone bugging you for late breakfast and what not. So if you're both too busy, order take out sometimes, cook in bulk, you learn to cook etc. so many options.

Being a parent changes your life. You have to adjust.

6 Likes

Re: Solved by cococandy(f): 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2016
I see how threatening her with infidelity will make their marriage stronger.

Not.

shortgun:

I know many of you won't like it but that's the truth.
since the bird has learned to fly without perching the hunter should also learn to shoot without missing.

Men like the OP is reason why women like that exists.
I blame him in all of this cos he has done all the don'ts in marriage and he is paying d consequences.
When a woman knows that there is nothing about you she doesn't know you are done for.

Nothing interests her about you anymore, there are no tasks for her, you are not giving her any challenges, there are no surprises, she knows how much you are worth, she knows where u r every minute of d day, she know how you think ...... you become boring to you

Women naturally are made to nurture.....when you become a perfect man....she will lose interest.

3 Likes

Re: Solved by debbydee(f): 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hmmm

Op my little advice for you is that you take it easy with her. Like you said she put to bed not too long ago and that she is nursing a baby. Firstly nursing a baby is not an easy task either boy or girl. As a woman ages the urge for sex reduces not to talk of one who has given birth. For now give her all the support she needs and assist her in caring for the baby when its time for sex prepare her. Make it more romantic and fun filled not just monotonous. You can also go on a get away leave your baby behind and enjoy your self.

As regards breakfast i will suggest you discuss this with her or better still take it upon yourself.
Re: Solved by adviseseeker: 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2016
debbydee:
Hmmm

Op my little advice for you is that you take it easy with her. Like you said she put to bed not too long ago and that she is nursing a baby. Firstly nursing a baby is not an easy task either boy or girl. As a woman ages the urge for sex reduces not to talk of one who has given birth. For now give her all the support she needs and assist her in caring for the baby when its time for sex prepare her. Make it more romantic and fun filled not just monotonous. You can also go on a get away leave your baby behind and enjoy your self.

As regards breakfast i will suggest you discuss this with her or better still take it upon yourself.
I suggest you read my other posts on this same thread.

It is more like a spite to be honest. I am not asking for too much. Say no to sex without being malicious and learn to say sorry. The spiting is the real issue here. Becoming unacceptable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solved by Mznaett: 3:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
There are lots of issues married couples face today that could have been avoided if they had spent much time asking the right questions.
Asking questions and coming to agree on different issues before marriage is very crucial..but now a days most young intending couples do not see it as important.. They get so overwhelmed by the lovey-dovey thing and starts regretting later in marriage.. Truth be told,asking questions and reaching agreements does not remove the possibility of changes but it helps you to tackle it rightly such that when unavoidable changes occurs,the couple goes back to the table,review the agreements and mutually adjust to the situation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help! My Niece Wants To Take Over My Husband. / Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? / How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.