Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Fashion Mistakes People Make - Fashion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Mistakes People Make (27050 Views)

See Top 10 Fashion Mistakes To Avoid At All Cost!!! (photos) / Men's Fashion Mistakes To Avoid / 2012 In Review: Celebrity Fashion Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by queenniger: 2:01am On Jun 29, 2008
clothing that is too tight
clothing that has a poor fit
things that expose the ugly and cover up the beautiful
old hand bag
ratty hair (I am a stickler for beautiful hair and make up and if these things are not tight no clothes you are gonna wear will help out)
the shoes are the outfit! A nice out fit with bad shoes is crXp but a great pair of shoes can glam up a very plain outfit.
Purse must go with the shoes but not necessarily match
A lady wears understated elegant jewelery not heaps of pieces every where.
Bad odor can destroy a lovely look. Bad breath too.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Jummy4real(f): 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2008
Ladies who use black person for their lip or eyebrow
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by carmelily: 9:58am On Sep 03, 2008
wearing clothes that are so out-of-fashion and obviously so.

Jummy4real:

Ladies who use black person for their lip or eyebrow

person ke?
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ajilete(f): 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2008
Using a nice natural lipgloss and then outling the lips with a harsh very dark pencil.yuk!
Slapping foundation on and not blending properly
wearing a foundation that is too light
using red eye brow pencil on the brows, why?
wearing white knickers underneath tight shirts or trousers
wearing white bra underneath sheer top
too many accesories, less is more
short short mini over fat bulging legs and belly, no, no no!!
uncombed, tangled ill looking weaves, too light and it looks trashy,
boobs hanging out of a too tight bra and top
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Wendy80(f): 10:39pm On Sep 07, 2008
wearing a belly belt and a waist belt together, is a fashion no no
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Jummy4real(f): 11:37am On Sep 08, 2008
carmelily:

wearing clothes that are so out-of-fashion and obviously so.

person ke?

Oh that was a mistake.  Typographical error.

Ladies who use black pencil for their lips or eyebrow
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by chika98: 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2008
A) Wearing weaves that ain't done right. I mean you can see all the nappy hair underneath.
B)Bleaching cream! I can't say this enough. . . . it is disgusting seeing a young girl with bleeped up hands because of tura. . .lol
C)High- waisted jeans isn't for everyone . . seriously it isn't! If you have big stomach please refrain from wearing it as it highlights the tumbo stomach.
D) Wearing shades at night. . . so ghetto!
E) Wearing foundation that doesn't match the skin. Also eyeshadow that looks like willy willy own.
F) If you haven't got the beautiful skin and nice legs. . . then don't show them mosquito bitten legs.
G) Don't wear all the make-up you have all at once! Less is more.
H) I don't wanna see the deodorant white marks on your armpit either. Also shave that bush biko!

Just wear something you are comfortable in. Don't follow the fashion trends but be yourself! Be confident and you will look good in almost anything.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by mohawkchic(f): 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2008
~Wearing Leggings as Trousers shocked Thats a No-No !! Leggings are best worn with a thigh/knee length dress/Top wink ~

~Wearing Stiletto's with leggings ~Unless you're doing a workout video . . it a hell-No!!
Ballet flats,flats,knee length boots,wedges are the shoes to wear w/ Leggings!!~

~Wearing shirts w/ the buttons about to pop out any minute!! If you have gaps inbetween the loops of the shirt,you need another size up!! well endowed women seem to be a fashion victim of this habit!! If You're busty,stay away from shirts that dont lap when buttoned!!

~Tying scarfs over trousers!! Need i say more lipsrsealed
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Moyola(f): 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2008
"Colour riot" victims tongue
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by damiso(f): 12:48pm On Sep 24, 2008
guys with bleached skin.we all know bleaching in all sexes is irritating but it really is a soresight when its a man.

pink skirt,pink bag,pink hair ruffle,pink shoes,pink earrings,light pink chiffon top and pink bra,pink chunky beads(around neck),and to top it off pink wooden bangles.oops forgot pink eyeshadow and blusher as well as pink nail varnish and baby pink lipgloss.

P.s this illustration is actually a real life illustration.to top it off on a very and i mean very dark skinned girl.I leave the rest to your imagination.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by mohawkchic(f): 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2008
~Oooh BTw fellows grin Its such a turn off packing a very bulky wallet behind your back pockets!! not to talk of front pockets . . . If you MUST,dont overload your wallets,better still,there are various variety of men's hand bags out there wink

Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by uzoo: 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2008
not sure if this is a fashion mistake girls make or just the fact that they

tend to be hypocritical, and i mean when girls

start to tie wrapper or kaftan /boubou as your only descent way of looking good

as soon as you get married or have kids, that really puts me off,you tend to see young girls

dressed like thier grannies when they go out, just because you want appear descent.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by oladolu: 4:05am On Oct 01, 2008
Thanks for recognising such mistakes,it really make sense
www.fashionng..com
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Exstar(f): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2008
wearing a YELLOW top on an ORANGE pant & a PURPLE shoe with A BROWN bag! lipsrsealed shocked
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by origina9ja(f): 11:53am On Oct 03, 2008
all outfit the same colour make me sick shocked shocked shocked
common you need a bit of mix-up
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Tatase(f): 8:50pm On Oct 03, 2008
I have so many pet peeves:

1.) Blonde hair weave on dark dark girl (even white pple don't think that's your hair. It's awful and it looks stupid don't do it.)
2.) Light colored contacts on black people (NO! put them down. It looks like cataracts. Like something is wrong with your eyes. It's really disturbing and looks weird and witchy).
3.) Red eyebrow pencil (this color is only in existence for clowns. It's bad to shave off all your eyebrows. it's worse to pencil in with red brow pencil).
4.) Dark/Black lipliner (it just never ever looks nice. Lipliner if used shld match lipstick).
5.) When people think the fact that something is in their size, they should wear it (not everything is for everyone e.g. flat-chested pple exposing flat chests, chubby pple in hot pants/leggins/half-tops)
6.) Tapered trousers and high-waisted trousers (I think very few pple can pull either of these off and I think too many people try to and unless you're on the slim side, it's not ok, just where what looks good on you).
7.) When you have a hair weave or you're wearing a wig and the kokos (naps) underneath are showing
8.) Skinny guys in big baggy clothing <shakes head>
9.) White athletic socks with shoes other than athletic shoes.
10.) Sparkly/glittery clothing in the day time (it looks trashy like one long walk of shame from the night before)
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ajiriavae(f): 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2008
i'm suprised that no one has mentioned thick thighs in skinny jeans.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by creamyy: 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2008
falling ass chicks wearing g-string.
low waist jeans for big ass chicks
polo and corperate trousers for guys
mufflers for hot weather.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by TOYOSI20(f): 3:18am On Oct 10, 2008
Can't stand,

1. Dirty shoes.

2. Short skirt and short top.

3. Too much jewelry.

4. Panty lines.

And finally, excessive sparkles, and sequins, making one look like a Christmas tree. . . . embarassed tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided cry
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by olive4rl(f): 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2008
putting on too much make ups sometimes make us look like AGABA. some don't even have mirrors in their houses, they will just dress and walk out to the streets. UNA DEY FALL OUR HANDSOOOOO.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by tohloo: 4:01pm On Oct 15, 2008
brightly coloured suits& shoes on men eeew!!!
guys in net/mesh tops
huge thighs in skinny jeans
men with hair sticking out of their nostrils. super gross!
weaves that the thread used in sewing it on is obvious
those chalky looking lipsticks
lipstick applied on only the middle potion of the lips
over due weaves and wigs
thick, painted on eyebrows
red eyebrow pencil
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by sammyjl(f): 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2008
lmao
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by bdaf(m): 3:33pm On Oct 16, 2008
visible panty lines(VPL)- that is why we have g-strings or seamless paties

visible bra lines

underskirt longer than dress or skirt

"tights" peeking from underneath the clothe.

dirty fingernails and toenails

dirty teeth

VISIBLE V-SHAPE OF GALS FROM THEIR JEANS

bags under the eyes
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Chilily(f): 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2008
For me i wud say d issue of wearing a low waisted below when u hve strecies,is choking,then anoda wud b girls dat decide dat they dnt like d brows given 2them and decide 2shave it ALL,just 2end up drawng one vry crooked line wit their eyeliner,TERRIBLE!And then lastly 4me wud b d whole bleachng thing,its bad enough wen a woman does it bt then a guy doing it is HIGHLY NT ACCEPTABLE! angry
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by di4real(f): 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2008
Fat girls in wats made for the skinnies
colour riots
too much make-up
too much accessories
showing off wat should be hidden
bleaching is definitely bad
wearing stillettos when you cant walk properly in it
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by abujabooks(f): 11:25am On Oct 22, 2008
Revealing too much boobs!
Too short mini skirts!
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Pepeye(f): 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2008
Too many jewelry; bling bling! As coco channel would say “less is more”
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by marhd: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2008
wearing 4, 5, 6 colors at the same time and consoling urself wiv "color war is in vogue embarassed"
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Sweetthing(f): 7:47pm On Oct 30, 2008
1. Colour WWIII, eish,

2. Colour Rainbow-Thunderstorm love-hate affair, ag man,

3. Underwear colour mix-matching!!! No, no, no, no, no, no,no, no & no,

4. DO NOT WEAR HIGH HEELS IF U CAN'T WALK THE WALK! Ambulance/Emergency rescue crew & Fire fighter's precious time is wasted approx. every hr due to this arrogance o, Guaranteed 2-3 months sick leave = wasted physio resourses & time + , +, +, once u break yo ankle,

5. High heel season is now on! Steel-dugging-concrete-tarr noise is non-stop already!!! Pliz take yo high heels to the cobblers for heel tip repairs, preezzzzzzzz, If not cobblers, else = throw them away!

6. Fake designer labels! Why, mara why? Better buy a no-name bag @ the Flea market for £10.00 than buy a PRADI fake bag for £50.00, nxxxx

7. Make-up + hair disasters!!! There can only be one acceptable Amy Winehouse around the globe, and that's AW only abegi o,

8. Ladies pliz shave your armpits all the time o! If allergic 2 shaving creams or waxing plasters, pliz get shaving machines NOT shaving razor, mncmmm

9. Perfume in public places! Pliz use WC/rest room cubicles 2 refresh with "yo" beloved perfume. Only u and u only who likes that scent1 Other people might be reminded Doom or some washroom airfreshner. So, pliz respect fellow diners in restaurants, colleagues, and anyone nearby,

10. The list is endless,
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by BABE3: 3:57pm On Sep 18, 2009
thread resurected! smiley
Fashion is really a funny concept. Things go out of fashion and come back in fashion, GREAT example, SKINNY JEANS, in the 70s 80s, they were on point, towards d late 90s nd early millenium they went outta fashion, but Now .THEY r back doing there thing , not sending anybody, gosh i love skiinies,
another example  is color rioting, its dope now, b4 it was so whack
so now to d topic: wat good fashion sense means 2 u might mean smthing else 2 me, so i think there is nothing lyk fashion mistake. if U THINK U LOOK GOOD ND COMFY IN WAT your WEARING  AND IT MAKES SENSE  (IF SOMETHING SEEM WRONG 2 U. DEN ITS WRONG, THATS 1 THING ABOUT FASHION. ull know urself if wat your wearin is whack or not)cheesy ;Dden go 4 it, sooner or latter ull c people emmulatin your stlye. HOWEVER at d same tym people do really have whack fashion Sense. e.g wearing tops as dress. SHE DRESSES TI TAN LOJA NI ABI WAT?.yh there r some a lil bit longer tahn normal tops but pls dont mistake them 4 dresses,
nd theSE r things i always emphasize wen it comes 2 fashion. MAKE A FASHION STATEMENT nd HAVE your OWN STYLE, b UNIQUE
Wendy80:

wearing a belly belt and a waist belt together, is a fashion no no
so if my pants r lose, i shouldnt wear belt, your meant 2 say "making it obvious that your wearing a belly nd waist belt"
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by mohawkchic(f): 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2009
~Chics Often Make The Mistake Of Wearing White Knickers On white/Beige Trousers

~Chics Tucking Their Jeans Into High Top Ankle Gladiator Sandals. . .
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 19, 2009

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nairalander - Onyx Godwin pictures From his Make-up Project In School / Charisma Glow- How Good Is It Compared To Mary Kay Eventone Cream / Pictures Of Nigerian Traditional Dresses(ankara,lace And George)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.