Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today (23843 Views)

High Speeding Car Fall In A Culvert, Luckily No Life Was Lost. / Top 15 Things We Used To Do In 80's/90's We Do No More / Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by AngelAhnie(f): 10:31am On Sep 27, 2016
grin
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 27, 2016
we had pants then, lady of nowadays have catapult, called g-string..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by collitexnaira(m): 10:33am On Sep 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
Not to forget palitos! Best buddies for life

I rock the palito then, good old days

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by ako1tse: 10:34am On Sep 27, 2016
palito consume my money back then with sony walk man.................chaiiiii battery wey i buy that time no be beans grin

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 27, 2016
Mummy and daddy play grin i was always the tata choi Amaka nd Gozie where are you, i miss you guys kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Boyooosa(m): 10:35am On Sep 27, 2016
jen sare key sinu post yii... Cypher!!!
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Eliteklaus(m): 10:36am On Sep 27, 2016
kissing in ur backyard, now kissing@king square ring road
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Lsofdk(m): 10:37am On Sep 27, 2016
Good ole days

still remember the soccer comic book SUPER STRIKAS that thing chop my money eh

9 Likes

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by sukkot: 10:41am On Sep 27, 2016
old ass niggaz

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by gbaskiboy: 10:42am On Sep 27, 2016
Reminiscing back in the days...... how time flies

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Handsomecole(m): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2016
So glad to have grown up in the 90's. It was so amazing and highly creative. With huge regard for morals.

*Kite
#Tales by moon light

#secrets of the sand

#when we use the golden cigarette wrapper and bulb and milk cup to make trophy during street to street football.
We can go on and on.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 27, 2016
Good old days? If I hear.
I remember pre 1993 when we had nothing to watch allday and had to wait till 16:00 for NTA's daily resumption. The channel closed at 00:00 unfailingly and sometimes earlier in times of power failure. I remember being forced to watch only church programs after the 30 minute cartoon segments from 16:30 to 22:00 when the station finally chose to broadcast the nationwide news then a '70s movie before the final close. The shows I remember from the era are mediocre compared to today's standards production and story wise.

I remember a full three month blackout during the Abacha era due to petroleum scarcity. The wealthy few were only able to run generators for an hour a day(the 22:00 news hour) before near-crying to sleep in hot mosquito infested rooms.

I remember when the only window Nigerians had to the world was propaganda-filled NTA, newspaper dailies and state-run radio stations. If NTA announced the United States was no longer a country no Nigerian could refute the statement; no means existed even if we wanted to.

Anybody remember Nitel? I don't want to go there. NIPOST nko, before the advent of email technology?

The '90s are long gone and dusted. Thank God technology has made us all the more wise. I'm presently in my bedroom yet know at least 90 people would view this comment -- a feat not possible in 1990.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by sukkot: 10:45am On Sep 27, 2016
bazzoka joe chewing gum was where its at

4 Likes

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by MadCow1: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2016
As a Kid..

I remember envying my friend who had a Sony Walkman and I thank God for the China Walkman I bought after saving for 5 years... By then, Discman had come out.. angry

I also remember the SEGA MEGA drive era.. When my friends all had Micro Geniuses, Nintendo (gameboys and consoles) and SEGAs.. All I had was;
Early Morning Peppersoup,

Hide and seek,

Squares,

skipping ropes,

making firecrackers out of condemned car plugs and matches,

making 'TOPS' using Tiger Head Batteries and BIC pen cover,

making and flying kites (though I was never good at it),

'Canterball'

Hunting Lizards and squirrels,

Making and pushing borres (don't know the right spelling), but this made fetching water so much more fun and easier,

Rolling tyres,

Wheel & Spoke,

Police and Thief,

and my favorite was playing 'Mummy & daddy' with my neighbours kids and kissing their daughter under the sheets. grin That girl was a freak. I can still vividly remember those kisses.. DAYUUM! Good times... grin

I really missed those days though. Life was a whole lot more simpler and less digital.

Today though, my Kid brother and I play video games and chat from across two continents.. undecided Very impersonal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by HMZi: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2016
My palito was there 4 me back in the day omg,FGC Otobi..
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by onyxo76(m): 10:47am On Sep 27, 2016
you should try the 80's -mhen that time was too sweet.

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by iykekelvins(m): 10:49am On Sep 27, 2016
Fun times mehn.. grin
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by striker9(m): 10:51am On Sep 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
We had Everyday People
Shaking hands not slapping faces....This drama was just awesome.... R.I
P Sam loco

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by youngguru23(m): 10:52am On Sep 27, 2016
Things don change nw oh... I stole money buy palito... I receive d beating i no go forget in ma life
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by wafianski(m): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2016
IncredibleJoe:
Dat Palito radio na confirm thing oh... Remember those days when I carry it all about in Mayflower...

bro....i swear u gaht et....all those Fulani's mostly women, do sell et in the primary school canteen then.....i do waste my feeding money on et.
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by youngboss1(m): 11:06am On Sep 27, 2016
really miss all that, everything don change abi we go say improve or disprove(if there is anything like that)
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by wafianski(m): 11:06am On Sep 27, 2016
IncredibleJoe:
Dat Palito radio na confirm thing oh... Remember those days when I carry it all about in Mayflower...

bro....i swear u gaht et....all those Fulani's mostly women, do sell et in the primary school canteen then.....i waste my feeding money ontop dz stuffs no be small

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by XtremelyCoded(m): 11:08am On Sep 27, 2016
Lol
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by highwaist: 11:11am On Sep 27, 2016
This my first scan radieo

5 Likes

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by abumeinben(m): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2016
sukkot:
old ass niggaz

Infinite ass babe....

Wait o...
Shey na nairaland u base
? 4months on lipsrsealed
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by ExplicitContent: 11:15am On Sep 27, 2016
Wow lipsrsealed
Now playing

Slickrick - Memories
cry
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Lsofdk(m): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2016
Handsomecole:
So glad to have grown up in the 90's. It was so amazing and highly creative. With huge regard for morals.

*Kite
#Tales by moon light

#secrets of the sand

#when we use the golden cigarette wrapper and bulb and milk cup to make trophy during street to street football.
We can go on and on.
I've been seeking means of downloading that tv series @bolded

also the comedy series #family matters
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by sukkot: 11:23am On Sep 27, 2016
abumeinben:

Infinite ass babe....

Wait o...
Shey na nairaland u base
? 4months on lipsrsealed
its called multitasking. plus i am in europe where is 24 7 internet is dirt cheap so i am always logged into nairaland on my laptop even when i am doing other work on the side. then i check from time to time to see if i have mentions or if there is new topic. the benefits of living in europe mate. i get to be logged into the net for 24 hrs a day and for 30 days a month and only pay like 12 thousand naira equivalent wink
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by swtdrms(m): 11:29am On Sep 27, 2016
Lsofdk:
Good ole days

still remember the soccer comic book SUPER STRIKAS that thing chop my money eh

U too much for keeping these memories handy...chop knuckles. Gbasibe!
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by swtdrms(m): 11:31am On Sep 27, 2016
Handsomecole:

*Kite
#Tales by moon light

#secrets of the sand

We can go on and on.

It shows u really enjoyed ur childhood days. Those memories will always b fresh
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by DBlackCeazer(m): 11:31am On Sep 27, 2016
Dyt:
Can we have it all back pls
We had light
Water and good roads
cry cry cry
What are you talking about?we never had none of those, We were only content with what we had back then.
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Deen77: 11:33am On Sep 27, 2016
Remember growing up then.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASTMA Official Beating Up An Elderly Man At Osborne Bridge Dolphin Estate (pic) / Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! / 10 Ways To Remain Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.