Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale (23780 Views)

Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed / Assets Sale: NLC To Protest Nationwide, Enlists 20 Lawyers / PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Gladiator1: 8:51am On Sep 27, 2016
grin
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by tofolo(m): 8:51am On Sep 27, 2016

2 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by sekundosekundo: 8:51am On Sep 27, 2016
Izonpikin:
It came out as a rumor through dangote but right now it's slowly becoming a reality...Buhari ehn... cheesy

If you're not selling all of the government's share in the NLNG jv why sell it at all if not to make a particular man richer than he is??...

Dangote want Buhari to sell Nigeria to him.

2 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Haphard(m): 8:51am On Sep 27, 2016
just got admitted to unilorin, and in need of PDF'S lemme know please i'll be glad to help. Sciences, engineering and medicals only.
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Sibrah: 8:51am On Sep 27, 2016
okwyee:
grin I laugh in English, buhari ehn, just sell this country as a whole... when we were warning them about change, dem no allow us hear word, issorite... $1~N1000 by the time he'll spend 2 years in office..
rice N40,000 by December, I can't wait to see the yeye face my sai baba people will be carrying about... mtcheww
at N1000 a dollar 300 USD of earning will be N300,000.00 how many employers can pay that?
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Rozaystunna(m): 8:52am On Sep 27, 2016
I blame Buhari for this

3 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by papaejima1: 8:55am On Sep 27, 2016
If you guys cannot get creative with rescuing Nigeria from the doldrums, then kindly throw in the towel and allow others do the job.

1 Like

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Billygee2u: 8:56am On Sep 27, 2016
dre11:

http://thenationonlineng.net/recession-fed-govt-lists-conditions-assets-sale/

all the looted money recovered including Abacha's loot,where are they?

2 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by iyke484real(m): 8:59am On Sep 27, 2016
We have just started the journey!

3 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by repogirl(f): 8:59am On Sep 27, 2016
But we have to reason that selling off might actually be what we need at this point. The government obviously can't manage the assets well, so why not sell it to people that will?

Just as how Obasanjo did the telecoms industry which has now put a phone in everyone's hand when NITEL was fucking up.

What's the use of holding on to something which is being improperly managed and not yielding as much returns as it should?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by drnoel: 8:59am On Sep 27, 2016
okwyee:
grin I laugh in English, buhari ehn, just sell this country as a whole... when we were warning them about change, dem no allow us hear word, issorite... $1~N1000 by the time he'll spend 2 years in office..
rice N40,000 by December, I can't wait to see the yeye face my sai baba people will be carrying about... mtcheww

Buhari the recession president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by rusher14: 9:04am On Sep 27, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
He wants to sell LNG to his brother and gay lover Aliko Dangote

Sell everything including the country, it will only affect the Amala and Ewedu eating Afonjas

My tribal mark having brothers from the South West don die

Poor old man stop being a bigot.

1 Like

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by 1Igboman202: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2016
trapQ:
Government of dullards, by dullards and for dullards.
Include your mother, father and you ?
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by amc: 9:09am On Sep 27, 2016
Optimum20:
Sometime ago Lagos state divested its interest in Econet as it was then called. Lagos was suffering from the withholding of its funds by Obj. Lagos used the money to do some stuff and some went ...... Delta state did the same divestment and Ibori did what he knows to do best.
Nigeria has 35,000 km of federally constructed roads. As at today only about 6,000 are good, 11,000 passable and the rest in deplorable conditions. Many can be death traps based on our driving culture.

Water irrigation in Nigeria is less than 8% of arable land. Successive lip service to irrigation keeps the farming at subsistence levels. Crop growing is still seasonal.

The current Federal education infrastructure gap is horrific. Ironically there are funds trapped in the UBE system not accessed by states.
That we lack primary health care is to state the obvious. After Professor Olikoye Ransome Kuti under the IBB regime, no serious attention has been paid to primary health care.

One good thing the GEJ administration did was to improve aviation safe through the deployment of Tracon. The Airports though are beyond the second century. Muritala Mohammed is a blight on the face of Lagos.

When Fashola planted flowers in Lagos, Lagosians complained loudly. One day I was in the company of Rohr the Country head of WB then and he said that beautification of Lagos improved its ranking on the doing business index.

The point, you need money to make money. You want to diversify revenue, you need cash to do it.
There are challenges here. Cash alone will not do it. But go see business plans that litter dustbins because the ideas could not get seed funding.

Well said bro. But don't expect the illiterates running amok here to understand a word of what you have written.

2 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Pidggin(f): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2016
What a change angry

1 Like

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by CSTR2: 9:12am On Sep 27, 2016
repogirl:
But we have to reason that selling off might actually be what we need at this point. The government obviously can't manage the assets well, so why not sell it to people that will?

Just as how Obasanjo did the telecoms industry which has now put a phone in everyone's hand when NITEL was fucking up.

What's the use of holding on to something which is being improperly managed and not yielding as much returns as it should?
There is a difference between what OBJ did and what buhari wants to do.

2 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Onegai(f): 9:22am On Sep 27, 2016
repogirl:

It it is who gets to buy that is the issue. Certain assets should be sold to outside sources e.g. NLNG. Whatever FG does, they should NOT sell that to a Nigerian owned company. Because the buyer will use it to manipulate other companies into bankruptcy by withholding the one thing needed for them to power their production plants: Gas. Example: we are all tomato sellers at different levels. I buy the only tomato-blending machine in the market. Every time you, my competition, wants to blend tomatoes for your customers, I tell you the machine is not working or increase the price. Meanwhile, I send my boys to tell your customers that not only will I sell them tomatoes, I blend for free. Won't they stop buying from you? That means your business is gone and you're out of a job. Now, imagine that happening on a much larger scale. Imagine I am Danjuma or Dangote or one of the other big players who guys at the bottom don't hear about. Imagine if you are any other company running a business in competition with them. Think of all the job losses when they buy up assets other companies need. Sure, we can call it Capitalism and hail them, but when a small group of people own every viable business in the country, their risk is larger. If anything happens to those small group, the whole country suffers. If that group decides a weak Naira is better for their business, it is you and your family that will struggle to buy fresh tomatoes to eat and will consume unhealthy Tinned Tomatoes, not them. America in the 1930s had Rockefeller and a depression, Russia had Oligarchs and is now struggling. Why would we be different?

Nigeria's problems aren't about laws, it's about the the fact that the person making the law will be hand-in-pocket with the person planning on breaking the law. Even a level 7 civil servant is stealing public funds. We need a national re-orientation.

Buhari did one thing, which people don't know: he went to China to convince them to stop buying our illegal crude oil. That's why militants and their backers are pissed (do you know how much money Nigeria was losing by it? Imagine a Naval officer telling me how much he pays his different crews to siphon off oil). So that that revenue will come back into our coffers. If you think I'm lying, go and check the actual locations of some of those pipelines bombed. They are underwater. I know militants, they don't have that skill. So who does? The same people in Govt making noise.

Reflect on that: who are the people who benefit from an impoverished country desperate to sell off assets?

Sale of asset should be carefully scrutinised. Certain conglomerates should not be allowed to buy certain assets. If we are serious, Government would have reduced their numbers at the highest level down, told states to go and find their own money to fund themselves and poured every single penny of what we borrowed into massive infrastructural spending. The Ministers we should be seeing working tirelessly should be Fashola and Amaechi, followed by Agriculture and Minister of science and Technology should be investing money in Universities and Technical colleges processing our raw goods, not supplying viewing centres for watching an eclipse.

We are not ready and we are not serious. So the sale of these assets will not do any much good.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Kenzkenz: 9:22am On Sep 27, 2016
what is the point of selling national assets for expenditure when you know that after few years the money will be exhausted and you can't generate another to buy back the sold shares. And you will sell again until all the shares is sold to individuals. then Nigeria would then be owned by few people. What they give us is what we will live with. funny .

1 Like

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by HHANDM: 9:25am On Sep 27, 2016
Why not sell those moribund refineries and leave the NLNG?

I hope there are no motives to sell those assets to that known "monopolian" who readily serve as front for naija politicians who'll be scheming behind the scene to ensure their cronies/front companies buy them for less the actual value.

Has anyone noticed OBJ silence on the proposed sale of our assets or did I missed his response

1 Like

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by simpleseyi: 9:26am On Sep 27, 2016
okwyee:

Was it Buhari that sold NEPA?
Was it Buhari that sold NITEL?
Was it Buhari that sold Nigerian Airways?
Was it Buhari that sold Niger Insurance?
Was it Buhari that sol Nigeria Re-insurance?
Was it Buhari that sold Eleme Petrochemical Coy?

Was it Buhari that sol your Destiny?

Did the poor man ever get anything from the National Assets? The looting political elites keep making money from the National Assets and keep sharing the money among themselves. So, how does it concerns me whether they sell, rent or lease the so called National Assets?
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by michaelwilli(m): 9:27am On Sep 27, 2016
Kx:
The thing is this:
If you insert repurchase clause to buy the assets back costly in the future- does that not tell you that the sale is not well conceived in the first place?
Secondly, you want to sell an asset to have money to spend, which assets are you expecting to yield revenues to finance the expected future buy back?

Finally, if you sell national assets to finance 2016 budget, what would you sell to finance 2017,2018,2019 etc budgets??

dem go sell deir mama

2 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by JUBILEE2000: 9:31am On Sep 27, 2016
Kx:
The thing is this:
If you insert repurchase clause to buy the assets back costly in the future- does that not tell you that the sale is not well conceived in the first place?
Secondly, you want to sell an asset to have money to spend, which assets are you expecting to yield revenues to finance the expected future buy back?

Finally, if you sell national assets to finance 2016 budget, what would you sell to finance 2017,2018,2019 etc budgets??

You nailed it!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by chimoskyg(m): 9:31am On Sep 27, 2016
When you think you've seen it all

2 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 27, 2016
Buhari, if you can not salvage the Economy from the Recession you promptly and illiterately plunged us into, without selling our national assets, please resign.

I understand the clear message from the Northern Oligarchs, with clear agitations for Biafra and Niger Delta Republic and Oodua Republics that you Northerners want to sell the assets to yourselves and friends in the SW, so when the shit hits the ceiling, the SS/SE will have nothing as independent sovereign nations.

If my second paragraph is wrong; Please tell me my people. If APC sells these National Assets to sponsor the 2016 Budget that has 6 months to go, what will they sell to sponsor the 2017, 2018 budgets ? They might sell us all including our slippers.

Please Resign if Sales of National Assets is your only hope. slowpoke!

2 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by deflover(m): 9:43am On Sep 27, 2016
repogirl:

who told you NGLNG is not properly managed
all these air heads called ladies

2 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 27, 2016
Optimum20:
Sometime ago Lagos state divested its interest in Econet as it was then called. Lagos was suffering from the withholding of its funds by Obj. Lagos used the money to do some stuff and some went ...... Delta state did the same divestment and Ibori did what he knows to do best.
Nigeria has 35,000 km of federally constructed roads. As at today only about 6,000 are good, 11,000 passable and the rest in deplorable conditions. Many can be death traps based on our driving culture.

Water irrigation in Nigeria is less than 8% of arable land. Successive lip service to irrigation keeps the farming at subsistence levels. Crop growing is still seasonal.

The current Federal education infrastructure gap is horrific. Ironically there are funds trapped in the UBE system not accessed by states.
That we lack primary health care is to state the obvious. After Professor Olikoye Ransome Kuti under the IBB regime, no serious attention has been paid to primary health care.

One good thing the GEJ administration did was to improve aviation safe through the deployment of Tracon. The Airports though are beyond the second century. Muritala Mohammed is a blight on the face of Lagos.

When Fashola planted flowers in Lagos, Lagosians complained loudly. One day I was in the company of Rohr the Country head of WB then and he said that beautification of Lagos improved its ranking on the doing business index.

The point, you need money to make money. You want to diversify revenue, you need cash to do it.
There are challenges here. Cash alone will not do it. But go see business plans that litter dustbins because the ideas could not get seed funding.
Well written.
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by cruz419(m): 9:47am On Sep 27, 2016
After una sell dis one na coat of arm and nigerian flag una go sell next clueless government!!
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by frubben(m): 10:02am On Sep 27, 2016
They are not funding any budget, they just want to fund their salary and up keep. Ever wonder what happen to the recover loot, dem don use am maintain they self finish. Useless people.
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 27, 2016
Dyt:
Awon eleribu
Eleribu kee Mo sepe un han sad , se wa jamala
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Guyman02: 10:05am On Sep 27, 2016
Plan by the ruling Northern oligarchy to takeover Govt assets in the South.
Let them sell Ajaokuta Steel, DICON and refinery in Kaduna, leave NLNG and NNPC facilities in the South alone

2 Likes

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by proeast(m): 10:05am On Sep 27, 2016
Izonpikin:
It came out as a rumor through dangote but right now it's slowly becoming a reality...Buhari ehn... cheesy

If you're not selling all of the government's share in the NLNG jv why sell it at all if not to make a particular man richer than he is??...
This country is a huge joke. At this point I still wonder if any sane mind devoid of ethnic & partisanship bias is still in doubt of buhari's incompetence & bigot nature. What happened to all the so called billions that was saved from TSA? What happened to the billions that was recovered from looters?? What happened to the billions that was borrowed & is still being borrowed to finance the budget?? what happened to the billions that have been accruing from tax? So all these are mirage and we must now sell critical national assets to survive? Buhari & APC are the worst things to happen to Nigeria in recent times & whoever thinks that corruption has stopped or abated is living in fools paradise!!! Time will tell.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Governor Wike Vows To Resist "Northern Dominance" / Femi Falana's Wife, Funmi Becomes A SAN / Scorecard Of PMB’s 1st Year In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.