Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child (1177 Views)

Lady Travels To The US To Give Birth, Dumps Husband, Gives Child Up For Adoption / Woman Who Suffered To Give Birth To A 4.2kg Baby Celebrated By Brother (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Who Was Told She Couldn't Give Birth Again, Gives Birth To Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child by Cyracles: 5:38am On Sep 27, 2016
A transgender man, Fernando Machado who was assigned female at birth and his partner Diane Rodriguez, who was assigned male at birth, gave birth to a healthy child after conceiving with his transgender wife, making the couple the first transgender couple in South America to do so.
The couple who gave birth in June, live in Ecuador have expressed their desire to have more children.

Machado told BBC:

“We are the same as other families. Even though we might not have the same rights, we are the same,”

The transgender couple met after meeting on social media more than two years ago.
Diane told the BBC :

"We don't have a name yet - or rather we do - we are just waiting to announce it.

"Being a mother was never something I thought I would do because I am a transsexual.The law before demanded that to be recognized as a woman you had to be castrated."We are the same as other families. Even though we might not have the same rights, we're the same.

Ms Rodriguez on the other hand said, said she never thought she would have the opportunity to be a mother.

The couple have not undergone full gender reassignment so were able to conceive naturally.

'We live as man and woman. I'm a trans-feminine woman and Fernando is a trans-masculine man. The process to get here was complex for each of us,” Mr Machado said.

READ MORE http://queensheir.com/blog/transgender-couple-become-first-world-give-birth-biological-baby/

Re: Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child by jcross19: 5:52am On Sep 27, 2016
scientist or what can I called them with madness!!!!!! You are faking the work of almighty, shame. Until you make the transgender to deliver like hebrew woman then I will take you serious not forging another woman's womb into a man stomach then carry out C & S . Fake!!!!.

1 Like

Re: Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child by KanwuliaExtra: 6:44am On Sep 27, 2016
The couple have not undergone full gender reassignment so were able to conceive naturally.

Before nko? undecided

They berra have all their children first before they fully cross over to the land of no return!

Congratulations to them! kiss

1 Like

Re: Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child by Ranchhoddas: 9:50am On Sep 27, 2016
Iranu!! Abasha!!

5 Likes

Re: Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child by Acheron: 9:58am On Sep 27, 2016
Degenerates
Re: Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child by Missonas(f): 11:08am On Sep 27, 2016
This is confusing. Why play reverse roles when u can both be who you originally are and still be together. Cray cray!

3 Likes

Re: Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child by Pidggin(f): 1:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
This is wrong
Re: Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child by jashar(f): 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2016
Come Jesus Come

1 Like

Re: Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child by Marvel1206: 11:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
Missonas:
This is confusing. Why play reverse roles when u can both be who you originally are and still be together. Cray cray!

just kept staring and staring.. Don't know why they are playing reverse roles o
Re: Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child by montezz(f): 1:27am On Sep 28, 2016
Missonas:
I tire o. Confused nutcases.
Re: Transgender Couple Become First In The World To Give Birth To Their Own Child by SAMBARRY: 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2016
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Married Couples Please Come In... / Sigelei Fuchai Vcigo K2 Kit-sigelei Fuchai Glo 230w Tc Kit / I Have A Lot Of Reasons To Thank God (photos)*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.