Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery (32371 Views)

. / Dead Man Reappears....Takes Pregnant Girlfriend Home After Delivery. / When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Veragar(f): 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2009
To all mothers in the house, is your Tommy still flat after delivery? if yes what is the secret?
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Veragar(f): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2009
Ah! where are all the married women with one or two kids,
pls share your experience.
Its seriously needed! I still want to be in shape and look good for my husband

2 Likes

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Ben13: 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2009
yeah where are the mamas in da house?
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
Cos big tommy is a no go area for mothers
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by ifyalways(f): 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2009
My recipe . . .real ijaw kai-kai mixed with spices like uda,ehuru,ginger and garlic.One shot morning,noon and night.
swimming.
Eating right.

3 Likes

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by mamagee6(f): 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2009
The mamas in the house can't come out because their tummies are as big as my water drum. grin grin grin
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Fhemmmy: 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2009
,mama-gee:

The mamas in the house can't come out because their tummies are as big as my water drum. grin grin grin

U will soon join them oh, and another small pikin will call u "mama gee with drum tommy"

2 Likes

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by ubiaa5(f): 7:14pm On Oct 15, 2009
to keep ur tummy almost as flat as pre-pregnant the critical period is the first 2mths after birth.Tie ur tummy very tight with a wrapper or tummy band all day long d first 2 mths,do some abs work out 4 twenty mins once or twice a day n dont follow dat old wives tale abt eating o lot after birth, eat healthy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Fhemmmy: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2009
ummmmmmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by shuhudi: 8:05pm On Oct 15, 2009
It took me 8 months to have my pre-pregnancy stomach back after my second pregnancy. For my first pregnancy the weight went almost immediately.
I do have to say though that through both pregnancies I ate carefully - snacked on vegetables, ate adequate but did not overeat (this business of saying you are eating for two so you have to stuff your face or eat chocolate at 3am in the morning is utter nonsense). Plus after the babies I started exercising immediately (and not after 5 years as is the case with many overweight mothers I see)

I never tied my stomach or the other nonsense I hear. I just ate sensibly and worked out 3 times a week.
That included running (20 mins on the treadmill) weights alternate between upper body and lower body and sit ups, lunges, scissors etc,
I am a svelte size TWO. And NO this is not a body I was born with as I hear many women try to explain away my good shape but i WORK at it. I am very careful with my portion size, I eat what I want but in small portions.

PS. I live in America were there is so much processed food - I try and stay away from processed foods, eat fresh home cooked meals and drink lot's of water. I still look as good as I did before I got married (my kids are 9 and 6)

A girlfriend of mine lost all her pregnancy weight 6 months after each consecutive baby she has 3 (5,3 and 6 months) however, she was ghetto with her exercise regimen. Pregnancy is a natural process and you should get back to prebaby weight within the year if you are eating sensibly and working out.

Third this business of sleeping in bed for 3 months after a baby is utter nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Outstrip(f): 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2009
This works wonders. If you need one let me know. It is better than tying as you can wear it under your clothes with any outfit. The first couple of weeks after birth is critical unless of course you are so blessed and don't need to tie or wear a girdle. First pregnancies usually go back to almost normal if not normal. Second pregnancies are a different issue especially if you get pregnant again almost right away

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by ubiaa5(f): 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2009
@outstrip the girdle looks good,where can i get it, r there ones dat that r high up under the breasts.I have bought lots of girdle but the fabric usually slacks after washing once or twice.
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Outstrip(f): 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2009
I actually sell them. I can send you a link to my website if you give me your email. There are other girdles but this one is made specifically for post partum
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Fhemmmy: 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2009
Outstrip:

I actually sell them. I can send you a link to my website if you give me your email. There are other girdles but this one is made specifically for post partum

Do u sell for the men too? so that we can market to all those useless politicians with big belle for Nija

3 Likes

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Outstrip(f): 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2009
Actually I do and it is more like a tshirt with the girdle built in. So a banker for example can wear it under his shirt to work. LOL though because your thought was exactly mine when I first saw the ones for men. I thought about our pot bellied politicians

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Fhemmmy: 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2009
This wont work for those fools, cos their own belle too big for this, u will need metallic material to hold those kinda useless belle

3 Likes

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Outstrip(f): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2009
ROTFLMAO. I ran into my uncles tummy once and it was actually hard. I don't even know how that is possible
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by ubiaa5(f): 9:59pm On Oct 15, 2009
@outstip i would love one dont know abt posting my email here,any other option?
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Outstrip(f): 10:05pm On Oct 15, 2009
email it to me at lovecherishme@yahoo.com
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by shuhudi: 1:07am On Oct 16, 2009
Why dont you women want to go to the gym.
Imagine wearing such big underpants with the name girdle like you are in some prison.

EAT SENSIBLY AND WORK OUT

As for the nigerian OGA's with their big bellies - huge turn off.

1 Like

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by mohawkchic(f): 4:13am On Oct 16, 2009
[size=13pt]~F-L-A-T!! & Yes my tummy is still flat. . 7 years after delivery! I earned the right to brag about it!! grin No easy task keeping it that way tho!

~What Worked For Me: Sit Ups: Sets of 10: 5x once/twice a day. . i had a normal delivery so i didnt find it difficult to do physical exercise/workouts after a couple of months. Plus i'd been doing sit-ups pre-baby so all i had to do was ease into it again!

~My hubby drilled me hard into that regime! I moaned,cried,gave up times w/o number but he was persistent!! It was all worth it in the end tho!!I suppose what i'm saying is it wasnt just me wanting to whip my body back into shape,i had support & encouragement i Cud do it!

~My advice to you will be to slowly get into a routine of doing sit-ups/get use to it pre/post baby {depending on your medical condition after birth. .taking into consideration Normal/C-sec deliveries} You dont necessarily have to go to the gym. . this can be done at home! Get your hubby involved to motivate you,he can hold your feet/legs. . you start off w/ doing 5 a day. . as you get comfy,you do more. . you'll find soon enuff its eazy peazy. . .[/size]

2 Likes

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Fhemmmy: 4:24am On Oct 16, 2009
hahahahahaha.
send one to OBJ and no need for Yar'fool

1 Like

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Nezed(f): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

This wont work for those fools, cos their own belle too big for this, u will need metallic material to hold those kinda useless belle
cheesy cheesy cheesy

O Lawdy Lawd! Fhemmy, u are a bad boi!
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by ubiaa5(f): 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2009
its easy to say just go 2 the gym,yes that will work if u have 1 or 2. i have 5kids n within 9yrs.My tummy went back 2 flat after the first two without any work, by the 4th one it wasnt about getting back in shape,becos i lost all the weight,it was now about excess skin,so u need girdle 4 support unless ur ready 4 a lipo or tummy tuck.SO guys every situation is unique.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Fhemmmy: 5:58pm On Oct 16, 2009
Nezed:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

O Lawdy Lawd! Fhemmy, u are a bad boi!

Just been real
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by joanpaul25: 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2009
@outstrip plz snd me ur website.my email add. is joanpaul25@yahoo.com.
though i lost my first baby,i ve nt bin able 2 gt my tummy bak in and my hubby teases saying that its 2 big although -i ve always had a big tommy i knw,bt its still no excuse.help!
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by chic2pimp(m): 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Don't mind those useless old farts. Na so so chop chop. I've seen OBJ's belly up close and believe you me it's worse than what you see on T.V. E be like say the man dey carry octuplets for belle.

1 Like

Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Outstrip(f): 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2009
Sorry to hear about your baby JoanPaul. You will have many more. I will send that link in a few
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by onyeije1: 11:00am On Oct 20, 2009
Outstrip:

please i need it, how do i buy ?
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by Outstrip(f): 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2009
I have some in Nigeria right now. Are you there or out of the country
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by mamaput(f): 8:10pm On Oct 20, 2009
i have 3 kids and i am size 38. a little bit of luck and a little bit of discipline should do the trick
Re: How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery by onyeije1: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2009
Outstrip:

I have some in Nigeria right now. Are you there or out of the country

i am in Lagos please,

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. / What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? / Nobody Wants To Marry Us, Employers Reject Us, Our Skin Is A Problem –albinos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.