Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot (73070 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / Students Lie-Down To Receive Lessons In A Ghanaian School (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by Kgdavid(m): 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
metallisc:

you just might be talking about yourself! grin grin grin grin

lol... he was being sarcastic bro

1 Like

Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by Greenbullet(m): 9:02pm On Sep 27, 2016
GoodSide:
shut up dia
all these chronic blockheads.
we all know you meant exit and not exeat.
wen it comes to i nade a first class in dis
i made a first class in dat
nigerians r final year ib dat matter
but common spellings a big ass problem.
Big fools up in covenant with fools university.
shut up there ,why insult covenant university?, did they tell you to be stupid,give respect to whom is to be accorded,were.

1 Like

Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by sam90s(m): 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
metallisc:

That's sacarsm mate!!!!
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by ibawon(m): 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2016
No, she never went to Boarding school, so she was never given that little slip where "EXEAT" was written on it.
But we sabi sneak out die ehnn wink
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by Tedassie(m): 9:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
lilmax:
all this these people that doesn't don't know how to speak English will come and go and try to correct somebody
smh4u sad

0/5
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2016
...and this made frontpage why?
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by olukaydee(m): 9:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
ITK
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by 99thEnemy(m): 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
grin grin grin The guy spoke and she started her's, only that this her own is called 'sparking'. grin grin grin
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by habsydiamond(m): 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
Am sure say na only go come the person wey dey correct sabi for english.
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by opillo11(m): 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lobatan!!! shocked
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by Collins0609(m): 10:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
Idydarling:
some gals be disgracing themselves since 16bc

that's how me and my galfrd went somewhere to a restaurant to chill out, we were blowing full pidgin laced with vernacular, some white guys came in and sat opposite us, b4 i could say jack, my girlfriend started speaking Queen's English, forgetting the fact that I'm the one studying the course (she's in pol science), before i knew it, she didn't talk to me again, she crossed her leg, pressed her phone and behaved like an ajebo, i immediately knew that the change in her attitude was bc of those white guys, i let her be, when our order arrived, she used fork and knife (not saying that's bad o, but u can't be formal with ur bestie na)

... it turned out that those guys were expecting a group of people who came and wer all over them, no one said even hi to my babe.
In the end, my gal became disappointed, me, i don chop belleful i no get time for onyibo pepper, I'm soooo okay with black guys abeg.

God bless u.ur type is rare.i thought it only hsppens to guys.some gals can form sha.kaiii
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by devvland(m): 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
oluxy:
Nigerians with good English but empty brains.
They are good at speaking good English but lack creativity n technical skill. We cannot create or build anything but very good at speaking English to intimidate one another.

Some 18-21 years Japan n china guys came to port Harcourt to repair nnpc refinery, they don't understand English, they can't even speak. Yet see what dey built.
I look forward for the day we'll love creativity more than this English of a thing without anything to show for it.

Stop using the Chinese stereotype to justify an educated Nigerian's inability to use the language of 18 years (primary, secondary & University) instruction. Nobody speaks English in Japan or China. Same way nobody speaks German or Dutch here.

Whether or not you make an exhibition of your language skills is up to you, but if you are learned and you still cock up your English bad...then it is what it is. You are justified to feel how you feel.
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by misterchris(m): 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
Idydarling:

that's how me and my galfrd went somewhere to a restaurant to chill out, we were blowing full pidgin laced with vernacular, some white guys came in and sat opposite us, b4 i could say jack, my girlfriend started speaking Queen's English, forgetting the fact that I'm the one studying the course (she's in pol science), before i knew it, she didn't talk to me again, she crossed her leg, pressed her phone and behaved like an ajebo, i immediately knew that the change in her attitude was bc of those white guys, i let her be, when our order arrived, she used fork and knife (not saying that's bad o, but u can't be formal with ur bestie na)

... it turned out that those guys were expecting a group of people who came and wer all over them, no one said even hi to my babe.
In the end, my gal became disappointed, me, i don chop belleful i no get time for onyibo pepper, I'm soooo okay with black guys abeg.
are you gay?
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
That is how CU spells it. The guy was correct. I was shocked to see something like that but it wasn't fair to what the school did to him. To get exeat is like applying for Harvard University but will be giving if reasons are strong. I see no reason why they shouldn't have given him
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by RobinHez(m): 11:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
Nice one! Even if it was a typographical error... The babe still no get sense.
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by Doctorfitz: 11:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
Na person like herbie27 d mofo b dis.
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by worlexy(m): 11:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
freecocoa:
You sure say you check well so?

In my secondary school, each student had/has an 'exeat card' , that was the first place I saw the word.

Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by worlexy(m): 11:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
freecocoa:
You sure say you check well so?

In my secondary school, each student had/has an 'exeat card' , that was the first place I saw the word.
here you are

Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by azidomedogo: 11:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
lipsrsealed d girl go be like.Who put my mouth
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by DeLioncourt: 11:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
devvland:

Stop using the Chinese stereotype to justify an educated Nigerian's inability to use the language of 18 years (primary, secondary & University) instruction. Nobody speaks English in Japan or China. Same way nobody speaks German or Dutch here.

Whether or not you make an exhibition of your language skills is up to you, but if you are learned and you still cock up your English bad...then it is what it is. You are justified to feel how you feel.

Actually a good number of Chinese people speak good English. It is only dampened by their accents.
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
DJBIGGY:
If you think konji na b@stard, English is worse. A guy was narrating how Covenant University denied him access to visit his dying father when he needed to visit him. Unfortunately, they let him out as soon as his father passed away.

A lady noticed the word 'exeat' which she felt was a typographical error on his part and decided to yab his English.

Unfortunately for her, see how the guy was proven to be right.

http://www.olamzy.com/2016/09/chai-see-how-english-fell-this-ladys.html
Even deji made a mistake. It's not "the", rather, "they"
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by DeLioncourt: 11:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
GoodSide:
shut up dia
all these chronic blockheads.
we all know you meant exit and not exeat.
wen it comes to i nade a first class in dis
i made a first class in dat
nigerians r final year ib dat matter
but common spellings a big ass problem.
Big fools up in covenant with fools university.

And you have still chosen to make a fool of yourself.
Btw, your argument is unintelligible... If you attended covenant university, you'd be able to string a few sentences together at least.
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by guiddoti: 11:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
ingelish na bad language
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by MrSly(m): 11:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
lilmax:
all this people that doesn't know how to speak English will come and go and try to correct somebody
As soon I met Chief "Will Come and Go" I ran for dear life
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by Maximus85(m): 12:11am On Sep 28, 2016
Aoooooooouch
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by ddeola: 2:47am On Sep 28, 2016
Why are you making something big out of the spellings. She was simply expressing her displeasure that she couldn't see her dad before he passed on and that's it
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by ruffiyke(m): 3:16am On Sep 28, 2016
metallisc:

no kill me with laugh
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by ruffiyke(m): 3:19am On Sep 28, 2016
Tedassie:
smh4u sad

0/5
which one I 'will come and go and try....'
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by GoodSide: 4:30am On Sep 28, 2016
abegi mr exeat
lol
DeLioncourt:

And you have still chosen to make a fool of yourself.
Btw, your argument is unintelligible... If you attended covenant university, you'd be able to string a few sentences together at least.
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by ibnjarir93(m): 4:57am On Sep 28, 2016
She was too cocky and rude. She deserves all the embarrassment.
Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by davidif: 6:31am On Sep 28, 2016
Idydarling:

My sister, 20 GBOSA'S for you jare. You would be amazed how over Nigerians would change there accent when we are with our oyinbo friends hahaha. Correct girl.

1 Like

Re: Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot by freecocoa(f): 7:22am On Sep 28, 2016
worlexy:
here you are
Time for a new dictionary then. Oxford remains the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra State University Exam Questions For Final Year Students / 100 Possible Questions From Jamb Sweet Sixteen / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.