Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) (34373 Views)

FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain 2 - 1 (Full Time) / Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs England FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Tues.4 Oct 2016 2pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by cyojunior1(m): 5:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
yankeedude:
I wish them well but they should put on green oooo grin grin grin

$u are damn right bro!

To avoid stories DAT touches

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by kilo4sure: 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2016
Sharming95:
I pray day win....cuz our women have always make us proud in this tournament....buh day do fuckup wen day get 2 d final....bcuz day all want 2 score...nd this as cost us 2 final 2 germany
This is the u-17, l believe you are talking about the u-20 team
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2016
lets go there... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
Bala Nikyu's side have landed in the Western Asia nation for the youth tournament ahead of their opening preliminary showdown against Brazil this weekend

Nigeria U17 women team have landed in Amman, Jordan on Tuesday morning for the Fifa U17 Women's World Cup ahead of Saturday's opening Group C clash with Brazil.

The Flamingoes who defeated Namibia and South Africa to secure their fifth appearance, had left the country on Monday for the competition scheduled to hold from September 30 to October 21.

The team will resume their training activities on Tuesday evening ahead of their preliminary round campaign on October 1 at the King Abdullah II International Stadium.

Bala Nikyu's girls, who were quarter-finalists last term, will be hoping to secure a winning start against Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Podolskie777: 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2016
All the best
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by enomakos(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2016
Danycrusoe:
please give us d Nigerian time for d kick off
2pm
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by enomakos(m): 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Women football is crap! I will rather watch motor GP than to watch women play undecided tongue
because you did't know how to play football abi?
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
enomakos:
because you did't know how to play football abi?
of course I don't know how to play but....I love watching men play smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by enomakos(m): 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
ItsQuinn:
of course I don't know how to play but....I love watching men play smiley
because they are men right?
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
enomakos:
because they are men right?
No....you can't compare men's football to women's undecided...it's a man's game and they play 1000x better, accurate passes, nice tackle skills, good crossing and they are aggressive when they play smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by kilo4sure: 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
ItsQuinn:
No....you can't compare men's football to women's undecided...it's a man's game and they play 1000x better, accurate passes, nice tackle skills, good crossing and they are aggressive when they play smiley
Of course you can't compare both, but female football has improved over the years, it definitely cannot be like the men's game but it is still unique in its own way. They are not as technical as the men, but they do show some good technique still. The Japanese team of 2011, and the Brazilian Olympic team of 2004 were very technical teams, and the U.S national team over the years have scored some really great goals, even our own Nigerian falcons in U.S.A 1999, with the likes of Mercy Akide were quite exciting to watch.
I would say, while not of the highest standard and quality, the women's game have impressed me a little bit more than l expected considering the fact that we never expected them to be good at all and the female world cup only began in 1991.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by enomakos(m): 7:23pm On Sep 27, 2016
ItsQuinn:
the women game is the same na,just that it is a bit slow cos men have more stamina
try and watch the ladies play you will love it
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2016
enomakos:
the women game is the same na,just that it is a bit slow cos men have more stamina
try and watch the ladies play you will love it
I did during the Olympics and I was annoyed undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by enomakos(m): 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
ItsQuinn:
I did during the Olympics and I was annoyed undecided
what it because of the performance of the african representative?
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2016
enomakos:
what it because of the performance of the african representative?
the Zimbabwe girls did not try at all, they were soo bad cry ....the only team I appreciated were the Germans cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by enomakos(m): 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
ItsQuinn:
the Zimbabwe girls did not try at all, they were soo bad cry ....the only team I appreciated were the Germans cool
the europeans and americans are a thousand miles better than africa when it comes to female football,zimbabwe are not the best in africa,nigeria superfalcons are the best
you are right the german team are good

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
lets go there

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
Nigeria U17 women team have landed in Amman, Jordan on Tuesday morning, September 27, for the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup. Their arrival comes ahead of Saturday’s opening Group C

Nigeria U17 women team have landed in Amman, Jordan on Tuesday morning, September 26, for the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup. The Flamingoes who defeated Namibia and South Africa to secure their fifth appearance, had left the country on Monday, September 26, for the competition scheduled to hold from September 30 to October 21.

FLAMINGOES’ FULL LIST

Goalkeepers: Chiamaka Nnadozie (Rivers Angels); Christiana Obia (Martins Whyte Doves); Agatha Thompson (Young Talent FC)

Defenders: Abidemi Ibe (Ibom Angels); Patience Dike (COD United Ladies); Ijeoma Kenneth (Rivers Angels); Ebunoluwa Adeboye (Rivers Angels); Akudo Ogbonna (FC Robo); Joy Michael (Young Talent FC); Opeyemi Sunday (Sunshine Queens), Happiness Titus (Greater Tomorrow Academy)

Midfielders: Christy Ucheibe (Capital City Doves); Peace Efih (Edo Queens); Folashade Ijamilusi (Spring Soca Academy)

Forwards: Oghenebrume Ikekhua (Delta Queens); Mercy Omokwo (Abia Angels); Rasheedat Ajibade (FC Robo); Arit Itu (Rivers Angels); Chidinma Okeke (FC Robo); Cynthia Aku (Rivers Angels); Mary-Ann Ezenagu (Delta Queens)

Read more: https://www.naij.com/984353-nigeria-storm-jordan-u17-world-cup-scoring-16-unreplied-goals-photos.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 9:28am On Sep 30, 2016
Nigeria begin her quest to win the 2016 Fifa U17 Women’s World Cup which gets underway on Friday, September 30 in Jordan.

The Flamingoes are making their fifth appearance in the competition – and are yet to get past the quarter final stage of the championship.

Coach Bala Nikyu’s girls, drawn in Group C alongside England, Brazil and Korea DPR are eyeing their first title ever.

Nigeria is two hours behind the Asians and due to the difference in time zones, the match times are not stroppy.

And all the Flamingoes games would be played in the afternoon.

Find their match schedules below:

Nigeria vs Brazil

Date: 1 October - 16.00 (2pm Nigerian time)

Venue: King Abdullah II International Stadium

City: Amman
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 9:43am On Sep 30, 2016
nigerias profile:

The past
Nigeria have never failed to qualify for the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup. At the finals themselves, they finished third in their group and so failed to progress at New Zealand 2008, but built on this experience to top their section and reach the quarter-finals at Trinidad and Tobago 2010, Azerbaijan 2012 and Costa Rica 2014. Of their three eliminations at this stage, two came after extra time and on one of these occasions it took a penalty shoot-out to end their hopes.

The present
Jordan 2016 will mark a fifth consecutive campaign at thus tournament for the Nigerians, who breezed through qualifying. They were given a bye through the preliminary stage and therefore entered the fray in the first round, where they crushed Namibia both home (4-0) and away (5-0). They subsequently produced a masterclass in the first leg of their second-round tie, running out 6-0 winners in South Africa, before finishing the job with a 1-0 victory in the return match.

The future
With four wins, 16 goals scored and none conceded, the Nigerians certainly looked like a force to be reckoned with en route to the tournament. Spearheaded by captain Rasheedat Ajibade, who top-scored in qualifying with eight goals, they are determined to finally break through the quarter-final barrier and to become the second African side to claim a medal at the competition, after Ghana in 2012. In their bid to do so, Nigeria will take inspiration from their compatriots' exploits at the U-20 Women's World Cup Canada 2014, where the Falconets were runners-up.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2016
brazil profile:

The past
Jordan 2016 will be Brazil’s fourth FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup outing and their return to the competition following their failure to qualify for Costa Rica 2014. Present at the tournament’s debut in New Zealand in 2008, where they collected a solitary point and finished 14th out of 16, A Canarinha also appeared at Trinidad and Tobago 2010 and Azerbaijan 2012, making it out of the group phase on both occasions before finishing eighth.

The present
Brazil made sure of their place at Jordan 2016 by finishing second at the South American Championships in Venezuela. Handsome wins over Uruguay, Ecuador and Bolivia and a goalless draw with Colombia gave the Brazilians top spot in Group B and a place in the final phase, where they beat Paraguay and the Colombians again to reach the world finals with a game to spare. They then lost their unbeaten record to the hosts, going down 1-0 as Venezuela deprived them of a title they last won in 2012.

The future
Coached by Luiz Antonio Ribeiro, the Brazilians shipped four goals in their opening two qualifying matches but conceded just the one in their remaining five, an improvement that spoke volumes of their ability to develop over the course of a tournament. Ribeiro’s charges will be hoping such solidity can make the difference again at the world finals, and that they can continue to find the back of the net on a regular basis. Their chances of doing that will hinge once again on strikers Nycole Silva and Kerolin Ferraz, who combined to score eight of the 15 goals Brazil amassed in the qualifying competition.

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2016
Can't wait to see our no.10, Rasheedat Ajibade E-X-P-L-O-D-E!!!!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by hismail1(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
Flamingoes in training ahead of Brazil clash. #FlyNGAFlamingoes #BRANGA #U17WWC

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Icon4s(m): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
So who has the broadcast right to this one now. DSTV or Stratimes? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Can't wait to see our no.10, Rasheedat Ajibade E-X-P-L-O-D-E!!!!! smiley

lets go there...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by PROVERBZ(m): 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
Icon4s:
So who has the broadcast right to this one now. DSTV or Stratimes? undecided
bros abeg no vex me sef I confuse shay b na naija get star tyms abi na still south africa
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by PROVERBZ(m): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
bros abg dis match serious kwa its 2..00 clock already and no updates on live scores
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by sukkot: 10:58am On Oct 01, 2016
question i have always wanted to ask about female football. so there are 22 women on the pitch. the possibility that 5 of them are having their period and stomach cramps is very high. my question is do they have substitutes for each players incase stomach cramp starts during competition ? do they play when they have their period ? is it risky to play when you have your period ? like can you start spilling on the pitch and wet ya trausas with blood in front of the whole world ? any answers ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Godwin978(m): 11:02am On Oct 01, 2016
Danycrusoe:
please give us d Nigerian time for d kick off
you just rushed tocoment without checking the topic
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by atirolu(m): 11:06am On Oct 01, 2016
emmyw:
I don't havetime for women's football!

You shouldn't have make any comment
Some feeling a better unsaid
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by abbey2016(m): 11:19am On Oct 01, 2016
PROVERBZ:
the girls are good I just hope they win with Brazil in their group ishe
nigeria girls are gud, hope dey will win to celebrate our independent
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) by fearlesschicken: 11:20am On Oct 01, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Women football is crap! I will rather watch motor GP than to watch women play undecided tongue

Such a bigoted and silly comment. Coming from a woman it disgusts me even more! Pukes

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast All Time Head 2 Head Record / Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career / Mikel Obi Fathers Two Children Secretly With Different Women - Mirror.co.uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.